• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official D3 Tournament Results Thread

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
i play against a falco all the time, so i've gotten decent matchup experience on him. if i did meet someone who could totally wreck my ddd, i'd probably try lucario, pretty sure it's an even matchup

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why you guys always hatin on Alby? I know you guys have met him in person and thus can judge him more than I can, but lay it off alittle, will ya?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
It's kuz i choose not to insult them back Crashic.
I'm sure one day they'll push my buttons at an inappropriate time, and I'll probably end up making a few enemies that day.

Zip.

Smash Lord
Why you guys always hatin on Alby? I know you guys have met him in person and thus can judge him more than I can, but lay it off alittle, will ya?
its not even really serious..well for me anyways.
so..yeah x_x

∫unk

Smash Master
split 3rd with warpstatus this weekend in a small socal local (20 something ppl)

but i got lucky and i used ddd like half the time

fighting foxes that know what theyre doing is hard cpu was watching

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
alot of ppl count pools lol
so 9th out of 37
good job :p
Pools is just to shorten Singles if there's an excess amount of people in a tournament. Of course they count greatly.

Wow Atomsk is kind of losing with King Dedede now that he picked up Wolf eh? Bad choice...

Everybody here switches characters when they see a tough matchup. I await the person who really stands up and stays as King Dedede against his bad matchups and beats them. I'm working on it.... rrr.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Everybody here switches characters when they see a tough matchup. I await the person who really stands up and stays as King Dedede against his bad matchups and beats them. I'm working on it.... rrr.
Do you mean Co18?

Atomsk just does it cause its fun. He's not worried SO MUCH about winning.

Tekk

Smash Lord
I decided to go all-dedede in tourneys, my seconds just suck too hard in tourneys (I did better with my dedede against a olimar than with my ICs at BNI2 LOL)

O and I'll attend GBGII next week, I think I can do something like top 5 spot
Geneva, prepare >:]

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
btw alby, i got 3rd out of 40 at the tournament, i think you misread.

going all ddd in tourney is something i want to do, but that'll only happen after i can play against his bad matchups more. i have like no legit olimar/pika/ics experience

CO18

Smash Hero
doesnt CO18 use wario and snake too? lol
but i must say...going ddd against ics is enough for me xD

this guy knows..
I do use them, as well as others, I just randomly use chars throughout each tourney from boredom. I dont cp people though, its just people that I know I dont need to use ddd vs to win basically lol. But past round 1 or 2, I use all ddd basically.

Tekk

Smash Lord
A question, when you report your result on this thread, do you count the pools in the number of total attenders ?Or do you just count the 16/32/64/128 bracket ?

I mean, do I say "I went 3rd out of 32(only bracket counts)" or "I went 3rd out of 128 (if we count people in pools)" ?

CO18

Smash Hero
You shouldve beat sethlon ***. Stop spamming kill moves lol just rack up your easy damage with grabs/inhales or w/e when you know theyre gonna shield.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I got impatient :( the kills were right on my fingertips both games, and I just got tired of waiting and got *****. Tell me what you would have done in the situations where I messed up, pro input is always great. Pm plz.

Edit: namely when he's jumping near the ledge with dairs

CO18

Smash Hero
I got impatient :( the kills were right on my fingertips both games, and I just got tired of waiting and got *****. Tell me what you would have done in the situations where I messed up, pro input is always great. Pm plz.
Ill watch em again tomorrow cuz im about to sleep right now but I just remember you spamming kill moves and got punished hardcore for it lol instead of just grabbing him or ftilting him and just rack up some more damage until most of your moves will kill like dtilt/bair/fair etc. Of course if you have an obvious kill go for it but like mk can avoid most of ddds kill moves pretty easily and if theyre camping shield just rack up damage.

Top Bottom