• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Huh, well it's still pretty odd that I saw them posting at the same time then lol. The way they spell everything is pretty good too. I just can't take them seriously lol.

EL, have ya been to any tournies recently?

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Well seems like that the rule "a good Ken Combo have at least 3 hits" is applicable for threads lol.

And yeah, if anyone is guessing this is just a random posting to see my avatar+signature lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol its a pretty sweet avatar.

Hey kizzu I watched one of your matches awhile back when you played ryota's meta knight. I was looking at the part where you waited for his grab release animation then ran up and did a short hop dancing blade (1st hit) then n-air (1st hit) into an up-b but missed the up-b because you somehow missed the n-air.

I was wondering have you ever actually hit that fully on some1

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
(sorry to answer for you)

Actually, just yesterday I was testing that out. SH Dancing Blade to Nair to Dolphin Slash looks like a legit 3 hit combo if you land the Dancing Blade. I haven't proven it yet, but I have landed it before, more than once.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
The dolphin can be DI'ed out of.

Sh Dancing<U-tilt<Niar or a Fair to one more dancing blade, work much more better.

Even tho nobody listens too me(iam prob on most of this board ingore list.)

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Lol its a pretty sweet avatar.

Hey kizzu I watched one of your matches awhile back when you played ryota's meta knight. I was looking at the part where you waited for his grab release animation then ran up and did a short hop dancing blade (1st hit) then n-air (1st hit) into an up-b but missed the up-b because you somehow missed the n-air.

I was wondering have you ever actually hit that fully on some1
Thanks.

Actually I think that I had tested for the first time this from a Grab Release in that match.
This isn't viable against Metaknight since due his size, he can DI out very easily. But have in mind that the first hit Nair always combo to a Up Smash if the opponent character is small/light.

If you want to Dolphin Slash Metaknight, learn the timing to Release -> DS, still the safest way to pull this out from a previous attack in Meta.

However, if you can predict that the Metaknight is going to try shielding, you can make him shield break. Its not safe, but still a possibility (they probably try to shield if they land on a platform, if they aren't aware of it).

Anyway, I haven't tested anything really in match so far, since I haven't been playing Brawl lately against Metaknights.

Ahh... also the chain Forward B -> Neutral Aerial isn't a combo.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
When people say "First hit of a Nair", how exactly do you do that? When I Nair I always get 2 hits. Is it just luck or does something need to be done?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
do it just before u touch the ground so that the second hit doesnt come out

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Thanks.

Actually I think that I had tested for the first time this from a Grab Release in that match.
This isn't viable against Metaknight since due his size, he can DI out very easily. But have in mind that the first hit Nair always combo to a Up Smash if the opponent character is small/light.

If you want to Dolphin Slash Metaknight, learn the timing to Release -> DS, still the safest way to pull this out from a previous attack in Meta.

However, if you can predict that the Metaknight is going to try shielding, you can make him shield break. Its not safe, but still a possibility (they probably try to shield if they land on a platform, if they aren't aware of it).

Anyway, I haven't tested anything really in match so far, since I haven't been playing Brawl lately against Metaknights.

Ahh... also the chain Forward B -> Neutral Aerial isn't a combo.
Yea I know what you mean.

Also your right the chain forward b
-> n-air isn't combo viable but sometimes it can catch people off guard.

Just wondering tho have you been to any tourny's so far?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I still don't understand why anyone would do that forward b in the air more than once a set, it's really unsafe and it comes out just as fast as fair does. Why not take the the safer option with guaranteed damage and just use fair?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Good question Steel, I only use DB in the air when I'm about to land on a platform and want to continue it, like on Battlefield, Smashville, Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island, etc. Otherwise I just try to use Fair.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So lately I been playing this SNES game called Yu Yu Hakusho Final. It's an old 2-d fighter based around the anime/manga Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's a solid game with quite a bit of depth. I'm having alot of fun analyzing the game and tiering it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So lately I been playing this SNES game called Yu Yu Hakusho Final. It's an old 2-d fighter based around the anime/manga Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's a solid game with quite a bit of depth. I'm having alot of fun analyzing the game and tiering it.
Actually, there's a number of good 2D fighters around for the snes. I'm considering taking up Gundam Wing Endless Duel again for pretty much the same reason.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Endless Duel is busted though. >_>

Everyone has crazy combos, although I guess thats one thing that keeps the game balanced.

Yu Yu Hakusho has full life combos too though and re-dizzy infinites as well that I have found out as I researched the game. All fighting games have bull**** in them.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Endless Duel is busted though. >_>

Everyone has crazy combos, although I guess thats one thing that keeps the game balanced.

Yu Yu Hakusho has full life combos too though and re-dizzy infinites as well that I have found out as I researched the game. All fighting games have bull**** in them.
lol, so Endless Duel did the Smash 64 thing, everyone is broken therefore nobody is broken.

So where is the Endless duel competitive community these days anyway?

lol @ someone bringing up Endless duel on two threads that you brought up TTHF.

I'll stick to Street Fighter and Killer Instinct.
So, I'm not the only person who was obsessed with it when I was a kid, cool!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
EL! I request a list of things Marth can do out of his grab release, or at least a link to said list. I can't find one. Either I'm just missing something really obvious, or it just doesn't exist yet.

Pretty please?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thats exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Also, is there anything that you can do out of a grab release on the ground? Or is chain-grabbing Lucas/Ness the only thing he can do?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Steel has it covered.

And yeah, Marth only gets guaranteed stuff on the Earthbounders from a ground release.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Thats exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Also, is there anything that you can do out of a grab release on the ground? Or is chain-grabbing Lucas/Ness the only thing he can do?
There is nothing guaranteed besides those on Ness and Lucas. Sometimes Marth's use the ground release however for methods of racking up damage. Some common options are dancing blade, dtilt, dsmash (obviously very risky), or a regrab. mindgamez

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Whoa, let's not forget Pierce's favorite grab release options. If you grab your opponent near the ledge, and force a ground break, they slide off the stage, and have to recover from low. This is full of win. Also, against noobs that you manage to grab as they try and recover with their second jump, it's usually generally easy to Dolphin Slash stage spike them. My favorite character to do this on is Falco.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
The mk boards talked about a guaranteed tippered fair against MK from grab release, is that incorrect?
It's difficult, but yes, it's correct. However, it's not easy. I suggest practicing. This is one of those things that you can practice against a computer, since DI doesn't really come into play, and it's all about your timing, etc.

And Panda, if you picked up Marth, I'd <3 you forever, lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Panda: I will never understand you players who go from a superior character to an inferior character.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm surprised to hear you say that EL. You're one of those "winning isn't everything" type of guys, and you main Marth yourself.
Haven't you noticed EL becoming more and more cynical about this?

Regardless, I think the point is, that the char a person picked first is generally preferred, why jump ship to a worse char if you like the better char better?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Haven't you noticed EL becoming more and more cynical about this?

Regardless, I think the point is, that the char a person picked first is generally preferred, why jump ship to a worse char if you like the better char better?
Nah, that's typical EL talk. He's always telling people to main Meta, lol.

And, personally, I am more comfortable as a Marth main because I don't know if I'm actually good or if it's just the character when I play MK. He's too easy to play cookie cutter and win. I mained MK for the first month Brawl came out. I still love him, but I turned back to Marth because of my loyalty to him from my Melee days, and I think he's funner to play/more important to win with.

But . . . that's just me. :laugh:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Winning isn't everything.

But if you are playing to win then do so fully and don't hold back.

I don't play to win. I play to improve and test my limits. If I happen to win it's a nice little bonus.

If I wanted to win I would not play Marth in tournament though. Just like I wouldn't play Akuma in a 3s tournament or Xianghua in a Soul Caliber IV tournament. They might be some of my favorite characters, but they have a harder time winning in a tournament setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom