• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

_Keno_

Smash Lord
And I chose all 3 of my mains before the game even came out.
Me too lol.

Anyways, its likely that I won't be going to game galaxy, because my parents dont trust anyone to drive me... :urg:
Anyone left behind in AL want to play some? (not wifi...I hate wifi)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much everybody here chose their mains before the game came out, myself included.

Thanks for the mention, munkus. If I do get on the honorable mentions list, I do think that pops deserves a place as well. I consider him to be equal in skill as me.

Whatever happens, I really don't care. I know how good I am, and that's enough for me

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Before the game came out, my prime intrest was in Ike, Meta Knight, and Sonic. Other intrests were DDD, Diddy, and Lucario.

I mained MK for a week and was like nope. I've never liked using DDD no matter how hard I tried. I used Ike a lot until I got gimped a million times in a row. Sonic.... lol. Diddy was great but just not my thing. Lucario wasn't my style either.
DK caught me completely by surprise. One of those things that just felt good and didn't stop feeling good... you know what I mean. Kirby is a perfect second main because he compliments just about every matchup of DK's and vice versa, and he's fun as hell.

So, I really wanted Ike, Sonic, and MK. Sonic is my low tier main and Ike will be my low tier main if he makes it low enough. Kalm story complete.

moogle

Smash Ace
My favorites were Ike and ZSS, after playing the Japanese version. I started playing Snake after I saw Mike G play at the first Waba Brawl tourney in March. In April, I started playing Fox after I saw coach doing dair->utilts. There's my Brawl character history. :p

side notes while I'm having fun reminiscing: I started playing Sheik in Melee in 2005/2006 cause there were approximately zero Sheik mains in AL/TN/MS/GA back then, even though she was #1 in the tier list. I started playing Jigglypuff in ssb64 in 1999 or 2000 cause I figured out dair->rest.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I started out playing Lucario because that's what Pops recommended for some reason that I still don't know to this day. Two weeks later I got bored with him. From there I mained Olimar; I saw potential in him, he was fun to play, and I liked the Pikmin games as well. Also, he was considered bottom tier at the time because of his recovery, lol.

I used Pikachu in ssb64 and melee up until brawl's release. Now I'm completely awful at both. I really forgot how to play. Also, I'm used to my new controller. Oh well... and Jiggs is cool in all three.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I remember Zelda was my other favorite in Brawl when we played the Japanese version.

I mained Link in smash 64 and Melee at first. I tried him out in Brawl, but alas... he's terrible in all three, but he's so fun to play, in Melee that is.

I really wish we could have a tournament with a modded Wii and the Japanese version of Brawl. It's so much better :/

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ooh mee next
i played melee first, and I originally picked ness because he's a cute little fat kid with a baseball bat
but he sucked so I started playing marth
and eventually i figured out that I could control Roy better than marth, plus he has less to think about, so i picked up roy
then I got some tech skill and realized that you could win with fox by spamming nair and shine, so now I main Fox/Roy

i dont know how I picked my main in 64, i play pikachu because he's silly good, but I like luigi alot too.

in brawl, i started with Diddy because he had a solid moveset, then I learned about bananas and the rest was history. I went through phases where I mained ROB, Sheik, Jiggs, Olimar, ICs, and Marth.
then I picked up Snake because he's f un and also overpowered and ****ing stupid

sorry guys, im like moogle i play characters because they're good lol (Roy and 64 Luigi notwithstanding) i'd probably play Metaknight if I didn't phail so hard with him
not cuz they looked cool on the dojo
although technically I picked Diddy as a main before the first brawl tournament, but that was based on nearly 24 hours straight of playing the game the night it came out :-D
and in the first tuscaloosa tournament, I played mostly ROB anyway lol i was scared to play diddy against munkus's MK, although now I realize Diddy is like MK's first or second worst matchup

im actually surprised I still play Diddy. he's so ****ing fun

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I don't know why we're doing this in the PR thread but okay, I'm game.

SS64- Pikachu, didn't even know there was a competitive scene back then

Melee- Captain Falcon -> Marth -> Falco as secondary

Brawl- Ike -> Marth -> Falco -> then picked up Luigi and Yoshi randomly as secondaries

When a new smash game comes out I always unlock everybody and then play with each one in turn to see who I like best. I narrowed it down to Diddy Kong, Toon Link, and Falco and Falco won out because he had the highest jump and I already liked him from Melee.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
SSB64- Fox, then Pikachu, then Fox, then Pikachu again =)

Melee- Pikachu until I realized he wasn't very good, then I began maining Falco, until I finally decided on Fox due to his speed and power

Brawl- I started with Pikachu the first day it came out and haven't switched my main since.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So, I'm holding my spot down on the rankings, it seems.

And I finally beat Will_ in a tournament set. D:

Granted, he was quite tired, and didn't have his music, but for the sake of argument, I'll take what I can get~

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lmao I can see you putting it down on your resume. "Well, mr. Luis, you seem to be qualified for this position and your references put in a good word and...who is Will_?"

And no johns, you won.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey Reflex! 2 Q's

1.) I heard U was comin in April

and

2.) Do u only use PT in AL???
1. I might be coming in April, depending on the date. I'm definitely going to the next Gigs, though.

2. I've only used PT in the last few weeks, but that was to raise my confidence in the character(s). I should be using more Wario in general now.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
O god, Wario is my most hated Character alongside Olimar....

April 11th is next PHB and Gigs is March 28th

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As long as you're updating characters, my older brother now uses Dedede/Snake/Yoshi.

Also, when are we going to update this?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I think T1J said after gamebox in april. Which is actually a pretty nice time.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I already updated my list a month or two ago!

I will update it consistently as I get new information and experiences.

DUB

Smash Lord
Reflex I wanted to get some friendlies in with you at HERB. I came back dinner to play you and you were sleeping on the carpet ha. I saw that Squirtle **** you threw down on M2K. Keep it up bro.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I am the most hardcore fscking ness in the country.

Best joke of the day tbh.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
So I suppose we can update this now
recent tournaments to consider:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230665
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220306
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204539

also keep in mind that Reflex always wins GA's Waba Games tourneys
and elev8 generally gets at least 9th in those tourneys
Also, Reflex won Impact Clash III, and elev8 got 9th
also, reflex won game galaxy singles and teams, will got second....danGR and theonejanitor got 2nd in teams, will and moogle got 3rd in teams
kalm got 5th in singles

and DanGR wants to be left off i guess

oh and PM me your lists this time, to avoid influencing others when making their lists kthanx
i'll have mine ready first prolly so dont worry about me

well, the panel as of last time is me, george, moogle, and munkus
and we each make our list and the lists are averaged together.

But I like the idea of the community chipping in

so I'll accept lists from anyone, but the rule is you have to be someone that regularly attends AL tournaments and someone who is halfway decent at this game or at least knowledgable about how its supposed to be played.

So anyone who feels like they should have a voice in this, make a list of your top ten most skilled AL players and PM it to me. (to prevent influencing other peoples list) the list must have ten people on it, not five, not eight, but ten. you're allowed to list yourself, but don't get carried away

and try to give it some thought
last time we all kind of threw lists together, which were fairly accurate but still i'd like to see some thought put into it this time.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Wish I had been at vulcanbox, but there was no way I was making it to singles at the time I woke up, traffic as it was.

Top Bottom