• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Opinion/Fact/Point system. Its a fact that Reflex is best and Will_ is 2nd. Then the rest of the placements are point system/opinion.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Is this being done by a point system or by opinion?
four panel members make their lists, and their lists are based on how good they think each player is based mostly on tournament performance and serious friendlies

then the lists are averaged together, and there you go

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Opinion/Fact/Point system. Its a fact that Reflex is best and Will_ is 2nd. Then the rest of the placements are point system/opinion.
I think will, reflex, and george are all about equal in skill at the game.
reflex has more national tournament experience though

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And I think I'm BETTER THAN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE PUT TOGETHER

...Because that would make for a weird character.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
also reflex is more confident lol

and he has more fun playing the game than probably anyone

so that gives him the edge

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lmao, he's certainly more confident.

I vote that we all travel to the next waba and throw a little AL in their brackets.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol that makes me feel a bit better. So maybe George, Cheap, and I can pool since we live somewhat close to each other.
I'll need to get a bit better before I go out of state...or maybe I can go out of state to get a bit better...hmm. :psycho:

Sounds like a good idea to me though. :bee:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'll update my contribution at least.

1. Will_
2. Reflex
3. Munkus Beaver
4. George
5. Moogle
6. DanGr
7. Maghotic
8. Nice1
9. T1J
10. Proto

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I think will is absurd and george is crazy.

I think that I get sick by the end of every **** tourney ever played seriously what the f uck mate.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
He went to a t-town tourney not the most recent, but this last time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
theres really not enough information to update the rankings right now. there's been like one tournament that several people on the list attended.

everything else was sporadic. the only thing that I can know for sure is 1. Reflex 2. Will because they're like the only people who go to tournaments outside of AL
everything else is up for grabs at this point

and if i'm not mistaken, isn't your list the same as it was before munkus lol

and proto was at the last gamebox tournament

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am fairly certain that a few positions have changed in mine. Probably does not affect the power rankings since my list became more like what the power rankings already are.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Do you think perhaps with all the new players showing up on the AL scene we should go ahead and work a 11-15 or even a 16-20 into the Power Rankings? I could see this possibly becomming too much to want to keep up with or just diluting the feeling of success for being on the board, but I figured I would mention it.

I feel like there's a lot of great smashers and upcomming smashers like Pika_Cam and Spade for example that should be given respect. Maybe we could just expand honorable mentions or make a seperate power ranking list, like a secondary list with rankings set apart from the other.

Low Tier PR list? O.o

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Once you get to a certain point, it's really hard to start naming players in a kind of logical order that would effectively rank them correctly. That's kind of the point of the honorable mentions list, which should have more stand out players featured, but right now only players listed in some panelists' Top 10 that didn't make the actual list are featured there. There are so many good players in Alabama right now that I already have a ton of trouble listing 10 people in order. I wouldn't know what to do if I needed to add 5 more players into the equation.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Do you think perhaps with all the new players showing up on the AL scene we should go ahead and work a 11-15 or even a 16-20 into the Power Rankings? I could see this possibly becomming too much to want to keep up with or just diluting the feeling of success for being on the board, but I figured I would mention it.

I feel like there's a lot of great smashers and upcomming smashers like Pika_Cam and Spade for example that should be given respect. Maybe we could just expand honorable mentions or make a seperate power ranking list, like a secondary list with rankings set apart from the other.

Low Tier PR list? O.o
I think Spade already deserves to be on it, but expanding it wouldn't be a bad idea. All of the current top ten people are active, and I would hate for one of them to have to be booted off for a new player to rise in the ranks.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I think Spade already deserves to be on it, but expanding it wouldn't be a bad idea. All of the current top ten people are active, and I would hate for one of them to have to be booted off for a new player to rise in the ranks.
In other words don't kick me because my parents don't let me go to tournies often enough

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
In other words don't kick me because my parents don't let me go to tournies often enough
Yeah, that's just it. Although I do in fact believe everyone on the PR deserves to be there, I fear people would be hesitant to kick players off the PR when someone new and better comes along.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if you don't go to tourneys you won't stay on the list very long, that's just how it is.
j00t is better at brawl than 90 percent of Alabama, and could easily make the top ten. but he's decided not to enter Brawl tournaments so he'll most likely be removed from the honorable mentions

and ten is quite enough for the list in my opinion.
in fact, I think its the perfect number.
just the pure fact that the number of players is increasing doesn't warrant expanding the list, because, and let me be frank pl0x, most of these new players are average at the game and have yet to cross over into the territory of being considered for the list
there are like six different lvls of brawl players 1. Noobsauce 2. Okay 3. Pretty Good 4. r0x 5. OMGWTF 6. Reflex
and honestly from my eyes, the PR list contains the only ten active people in the state (from what i've seen personally) who are in categories 4, 5, or 6 thus far
not to say that won't change, but I think we're good for now.

and the only accomplishment Spade has under his belt is getting 3rd in a low tier tourney. let's not get ahead of ourselves.
he did make it out of pools in singles
but so did Kira, and he doesn't even use shield :-/
(no offense to Kira, but i'm just making a point)

in brackets, spade lost to DanGR and nice1 (both of whom, you will note, are on the list)

I really doubt anyone's going to have a problem with replacing someone on a list if they deserve to be replaced.
look at Mahg. none of us really knew anything about him, it would have been easy to overlook him due to favoritism, but he made the list because he's good at the game.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
if you don't go to tourneys you won't stay on the list very long, that's just how it is.
j00t is better at brawl than 90 percent of Alabama, and could easily make the top ten. but he's decided not to enter Brawl tournaments so he'll most likely be removed from the honorable mentions

and ten is quite enough for the list in my opinion.
in fact, I think its the perfect number.
just the pure fact that the number of players is increasing doesn't warrant expanding the list, because, and let me be frank pl0x, most of these new players are average at the game and have yet to cross over into the territory of being considered for the list
there are like six different lvls of brawl players 1. Noobsauce 2. Okay 3. Pretty Good 4. r0x 5. OMGWTF 6. Reflex
and honestly from my eyes, the PR list contains the only ten active people in the state (from what i've seen personally) who are in categories 4, 5, or 6 thus far
not to say that won't change, but I think we're good for now.

and the only accomplishment Spade has under his belt is getting 3rd in a low tier tourney. let's not get ahead of ourselves.
he did make it out of pools in singles
but so did Kira, and he doesn't even use shield :-/
(no offense to Kira, but i'm just making a point)

in brackets, spade lost to DanGR and nice1 (both of whom, you will note, are on the list)

I really doubt anyone's going to have a problem with replacing someone on a list if they deserve to be replaced.
look at Mahg. none of us really knew anything about him, it would have been easy to overlook him due to favoritism, but he made the list because he's good at the game.
Don't forget he got fourth in teams, and third was a Mississippi team. That puts the team under only Nice1 and yourself and Moogle and Munkus as far as Alabama players go. He got third in low tier, and first was a Mississippi player. Yet again, as far as bama players go, that only put him under Moogle. He also got second at a Huntsville tournament awhile back. I think he's good enough to be on the list, but you're right, I don't think he's proven himself in tournaments enough yet.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I always thought low tier, doubles, and any other side event besides singles didn't count towards the PR. Is that not true T1J?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I was barely able to make 10 names with any sense of order. After a while, it becomes a nebulous mess that causes the mild to reel.

I do not take side events into consideration, except I do use doubles on occasion to see how well a person adapts if I haven't seen them play singles.

This isn't the doubles PR. If it was, it'd be Munkus & Moogle then everyone else ;O

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
I always thought low tier, doubles, and any other side event besides singles didn't count towards the PR. Is that not true T1J?
I remember there being a post about recommending that only tournies without character bans, items being off, etc. Be counted.
:o I can't remember where I saw that though.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was barely able to make 10 names with any sense of order. After a while, it becomes a nebulous mess that causes the mild to reel.

I do not take side events into consideration, except I do use doubles on occasion to see how well a person adapts if I haven't seen them play singles.

This isn't the doubles PR. If it was, it'd be Munkus & Moogle then everyone else ;O
I remember there being a post about recommending that only tournies without character bans, items being off, etc. Be counted.
:o I can't remember where I saw that though.
Well... I don't use any low tier characters well enough to place high in low tiers, and the only real character that I play with consistently, practice with in singles, and study (Olimar) is bad at doubles, so I generally go Snake or MK in doubles. I'm not particularly good with either of them because I rarely use them, but they're pretty easy to use, so meh... yet another reason to pick up MK. :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well... I don't use any low tier characters well enough to place high in low tiers, and the only real character that I play with consistently, practice with in singles, and study (Olimar) is bad at doubles, so I generally go Snake or MK in doubles. I'm not particularly good with either of them because I rarely use them, but they're pretty easy to use, so meh... yet another reason to pick up MK. :p
Olimar...is bad at Doubles?

I had assumed that he would be good. He fits the archetype well; hits like a Mack truck, you're forced to be patient against him, and he's fairly hard to land a hit on.

Top Bottom