• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It would be easier to tell you why you deserve to be ranked in any particular position if you would post the information that Cam politely asked you to post.

The reason why I tend to rank you high is because you have generally performed consistently against a high level of competition. In high pressure tourney scenarios you have shined like a diamond. At the last major Alabama tourney, TCS VI, you placed highest out of all Alabama participants, including Will_.

If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead. Post that data. You want to downplay yourself, that's you prerogative. But you're being just as guilty as those you criticize. Where are your reasons why you don't deserve 3rd? Where are your clear arguments of clarity as to why you should be ranked lower than third?

(This post is directed toward DanGR. Thank you for posting that information, Billy. It will be very helpful).
Alright, then.

TCS VI: 3rd of 38
Beat: V3GA, Will_, Munkus
Lost: Biglou (x2)

Are You Ready For This?: 5th of... ?
Beat: I forget.
Lost: Billy and Kismet2?

A Waba Monthly: 5th? of 25ish? or something
Beat: I forget
Lost: Biglou, Player [#] (The Diddy player. <_< Why does no one use him here. T_T)

Halloween Bash: ?
Very poorly.

This Tastes so F*cking Good!?: 5th? of... ?
Beat: Kola?, Cheap, Scourge
Lost: Slam, Kismet2

edit: Thanks, Billy.

I remember some of them now.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Oh, I forgot to add my Waba monthlies results.

September Waba monthly: I came in 9th.
-I forgot who I beat.
-I forgot who I lost to.

October Waba montly: I came in 5th.
-I forgot who I beat.
-Lost to Player 1 and I forgot who else.

November Waba monthly: I came in 5th.
-I beat Sonic Rave, Dynomite, and Scatz.
-Lost to Alby and Turtl.

Edit: Dan, I didn't play you in brackets at Zero Gamer's tourney last weekend.

Edit again: Lol. I just realized what your avatar is suppose to be Luis. Very clever.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Lol Billy. At first I read your name didn't know who you were. I was like, "ok, this is some guy from Auburn." Then you posted that you beat DanGR, and I was double checking to make sure I read it right. Then I realized it was you and it all made sense.

I agree with your assessment of yourself Dan; however, I don't know that the people under you have done any better. Plus, George has been doing worse than you recently, so he doesn't need to stay at #3. I think eventually Billy will go higher than most people on here, but it seems quick to put him at number three.

I'm still waiting to see the following people put their info up:

Scourge
Will
George
Moogle
Janitor
Cheap
Zero Gamer
Elev8

And Billy, did you play against Scatz's pikachu? I've been wanting to play him for awhile to see who's better (ok, I know he's better, but it would still be cool).

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, I used my Zelda against his Pikachu XD. Then he counter picked FO, so I went Snake. :p

He is really good, he just gets bracket ***** like every tournament. I'd say you two are pretty even. He might be a little bit better.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm surprised he didn't go yoshi. I think he's better with him, but I haven't talked to him in awhile. Actually, since you're a sheik/falco/snake main, I'm not surprised he wanted to go pikachu.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Lol, I wouldn't call Snake one of my mains. He is more of a secondary to me. I picked him up about a month ago and I usually only play him for fun. I don't think he knew that I picked up Snake at the time of the tournament.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
should i just post a list of what i think?
or wait to pm that?
idk man.
i guess im just gonna post.

1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. DanGR
4. Elev8
5. Bill_
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. me i guess haha i dont want to sound cocky.
9. Scourge.
10. Cheap.

i really cant decide if to change billy and george around or which one to put as 5th or 6th.
and i think cheap is really good i hate putting him so low but like..i see no other option. i might change my mind abou tthe list in like 10 minutes. hahaha

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
TCSVI~ 7th almost going all zss :) i lost to Big Lou and Munkus
Smash or Die~ 2nd lost to Big Lou twice (beat 3 ppl on GA PR~ Calvin, Scatt , Neo X)
Columbus Tournament~ 5th i think* Lost to my brother and Calvin
TTSFG~ 4th lost to Calvin twice~ (beat Slam & Zero)

If we consider TCSVI then the only AL players that i have lost to in tournament since august is my brother & Munkus.

With that said i haven't played any of those players (with the exception of my brother) since August.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@Slams earlier post-I was pointing out that if we were going to take out people for only going to one of the birmingham tournaments why it would be unfair to others if he was left out. I never planned on taking him out.

I posted that PR to proove the point of my 2nd statement. xD I didn't think it would be liked! *suprised*

I'll contribute more after school

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol don't worry I was pointing you out, if you recall I've been wanting to get you on the pr since KE.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Munkus is inactive, so he should be an honorable mention until he becomes active again, imo.

And no one even mentions me for PRs :(

And going from what DyllanGR said, let's find a date for a tourny we can all agree on.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Munkus is inactive, so he should be an honorable mention until he becomes active again, imo.
And no one even mentions me for PRs :(
And going from what DyllanGR said, let's find a date for a tourny we can all agree on.
I SEE YOU JASON!!! I think you are on the PR. That's my opinion, anyone else?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Possibly, Me Zero and Cheap are even imo.

We still have to get the panelist problem fixed first before we touch up on the PR.
*cough*

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
meh people play someone one time find it difficult and then all of a sudden they think that person should be ranked.

i think we should pull our heads out of our ***** and realize that none of us are good at this game.

alabama PR is reflex, will, george, and danGR
no one else is good enough to have a right to think they belong on the list

this whole conversation is gay. just play the game and when you actually get good then start talking about being on the PR list

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
meh people play someone one time find it difficult and then all of a sudden they think that person should be ranked.

i think we should pull our heads out of our ***** and realize that none of us are good at this game.

this whole conversation is gay. just play the game and when you actually get good then start talking about being on the PR list
eh no point in anyone blowing up on this

We may not be as near as good as a whole compared to Georgia, Florida hell the rest of the Atlantic South even, but we're "good" and not stopping this discussion

kthx

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace

I beg to differ. I believe Billy is up there with those guys, and Slam beat Dan at the last tournament and George at an earlier tournament.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
should i just post a list of what i think?
or wait to pm that?
idk man.
i guess im just gonna post.

1. reflex.
2. Will_
3. DanGR
4. Elev8
5. Bill_
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. ShaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. Cheap.
I agree with the top 7 people in the list (maybe switch around Will_, Elev8 and Dangr in some order), but tij, moogle, zero, kola, or scourge (I'm probably forgetting someone) should be the next three. I would put slam in there from simply tourny results, and then the next 2 spots I'm not sure who to put (probably scourge too even though I've still never even seen him play). Everyone else is either borderline pr-able or skillful yet busy.

I know that purely from tourny results I should not be on this list (I do so bad). Even though I'm to blame, I still partially blame luck (kismet, Dangr, elev8, Kola, Will_, and elev8 again are the people I have been eliminated most recently as I recall (2 of zero's tourny's + a Tusca)).

Just throwing that out here ;)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
With my record against the PR it wouldn't be right if I did get added on, it would be like oh hey everyone beats this guy but I think he's good, lets add him to the PR even though he's only beat 2 people.

I like the recommendation though :)

moogle

Smash Ace
My tournament attendance has been flaky this semester, and I'm in danger of not being top 10 even if I had perfect attendance, so I won't be terribly offended if I'm left off the power rankings. I've been putting my time into Melee. Though maybe DanGR can train me up in Brawl over winter break. :p

p.s. Is there a way to know when Waba monthlies are, without reading every post in the Waba thread(s)?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Waba monthlies are almost always on the 3rd Saturday of every month.

This monthly most likely won't get the usual attendance because it's on the same weekend as Winterfest.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I think the monthlies have been changed to the last saturday of every month. (part of that combo breaker stuff)
Ugh... I don't know any more. People say one thing while others say something different. I guess I'll ask at the Waba thread.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
My tournament attendance has been flaky this semester, and I'm in danger of not being top 10 even if I had perfect attendance, so I won't be terribly offended if I'm left off the power rankings. I've been putting my time into Melee. Though maybe DanGR can train me up in Brawl over winter break. :p

p.s. Is there a way to know when Waba monthlies are, without reading every post in the Waba thread(s)?
It's extremely likely that I'll be attending UAH next semester. ;P

We'll definitely have to play. I'll getcha back in shape. :D

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Dan, you getting an apartment in Huntsville or are you shacking up in Madison?

Either way, Moogle's apartment now contains 100% more Pikachad so I'm going to try to make every Thursday smashfest.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan, you getting an apartment in Huntsville or are you shacking up in Madison?

Either way, Moogle's apartment now contains 100% more Pikachad so I'm going to try to make every Thursday smashfest.
Most likely I'll be taking the easy way out and staying at home (Madison). :p

Perhaps now would be a good time to pick back up where I left off on my lulzy Jigglypuff/Link combo. :dizzy:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno

Well, the monthly is on the 3rd Saturday of every month (for smash) and we also have a 'combo breaker' which all fighter games get together and do tournaments (blazblue, teken, Smash) that is normally the last saturday of every month.

Alabama people are mad cool, wish more of them could come.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ooooh, I can't drive until January-ish, but once the time comes, I will be taking all of your money in SF IV, Blazblue, Tekken 6, SSBM, SSBB, and DDR.

Beware my legit power skills, state of Georgia.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Ooooh, I can't drive until January-ish, but once the time comes, I will be taking all of your money in SF IV, Blazblue, Tekken 6, SSBM, SSBB, and DDR.

Beware my legit power skills, state of Georgia.
Well, all but DDR. I dont think we offer DDR at the combo breaker. Hope to see you there!

Purple

Hi guys!
about the monthlies, this is a very confusing month, with winterfest and all.

Monthlies are the 3rd week, forever, unless stated otherwise of course.

combo breaker HAS brawl and melee, just other events too, at the end of the month, every month.

This month with winterfest goign on, we're deciding to actually come to one of the weeklies, monthly is still the 19th.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P don't worry guys we're trying, and just like Zero_Gamer, I'm thinking I'd be able to drive around January.

We might just have 2 people from Birmingham that'll be able to pool people :D

Top Bottom