• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I think everyone should just post a list. We compare, and we make a PR based off of it. Let's get it.

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. Me* i really think me and Dan are interchangeable
4. Dan*
5. Bill_
6. George
7. Munkus
8. Shaslam
9. Scourge
10. Zero Gamer

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
1. TheReflexWonder
2. Will_
3. Billy
4. elev8
5. DanGR
6. George
7. Munkus
8. The Brown Scourge
9. shaSLAM
10. Zero Gamer

I'd really like to see about Moogle or Janitor, but they need to start going to more tournaments. I feel the same about Munkus, but at least he's been consistent when he's gone, as far as I know.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh we can try, AL clearly doesn't want to update this xD
I mean come on it's the end of the season so why not?

1. Reflex
2.Will_
3. DyllianGR
4. Elev8
5. George
6. Bill_
7. GodKingMunkus
8. Shaslam
9. CHEAP
10. Scourge

1-4 is probably going to be the same people if anyone who's been to the past few tournaments has common sense.

George beat Billy at TCS VI, I'm well aware Billy has gotten better than that, ;P but....yea my opinion

7. Inactive, but I still think if 7-10 did Round Robin, Munkus would come out on top

8. Nice tournament results and has beaten George and Dyllian.

9. Was always thought to have been PR material, with inactive people I say he should be next in line
Big win over Shaslam in TWMDW

10. Tournament results

......Actually now that I think about it
How are we supposed to Justify my 9-10 based only on being more active than Janitor?
Both have beat Moogle, so I think it would be ok to replace him, but Janitor I'm not so sure.
Anyway theres my list
<3 ShaSlam keep owning bro

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Double Post

Thought I'd post this too, to not feel as guilty about my PR list

My opinions of smashers in this state by tiers

Pro
Reflex

Great
-Could go undefeated in pools, place well in tournaments
Will_
Elev8
DyllianGR
Billy
Nice1
Mahgnittoc
Munkus Beaver
ShaSlam
TheOneJanitor

Good
- Has good knowledge of their character, on par with with people in the above tier, lack nice tournament results or have certain matchup problems that prevent them from winning.
PikaCam
Serin
TheBrownScourge
CHEAP PEACH
Moogle
Zero_Gamer
V3GA
JMIX

Average
- Still in the learning phase of their character, has their good days, but are often knocked out early in tournaments.
Kola
Alohaa
Ingulet
Nu_
Reimeii
Blake
Ritsune
General Mills
Wuffy
POC
Sheni
Kyle

There It's done xD

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
After crunching the numbers, weighing in the win/loss of the combatants from the tourneys since the last PR list, this is the list I came up with.
1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. DanGR
4. Billy
5. Elev8
6. Munkus
7. George
8. Shaslam
9. The Brown Scourge
10. Cheap Peach

1-3 was pretty clear. Basically "Tier 1"
4-7 could have easily swapped around people there. Basically "Tier 2"
8-10 also was difficult among those considered to place there. Essentially, "Tier 3"

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
After going through and doing extensive research on certain people that never posted their results, I have come up with this list. I wish I had more information, and if new information arises, I may have to alter it.

1. Reflex: He's clearly the best. No one in this state can touch his record right now. He places well at national tournaments and almost always wins the in-state ones he attends (unless he loses it to kismet).

2. Will: As far as I can tell, he's been a little inactive. However, it is hard to ignore that when he attended Karate Explosion, he got first. If for no other reason, he should stay in second because 3-10 can't compete with his results yet.

3. Billy: Out of the last 5 tournaments he has attended since August, the only AL player he has lost to is Reflex. He has beaten Dan on a couple of occasions, and he also beat Kismet in winner's bracket in Columbus who came back and beat him back in loser's. He has outplaced both DanGR and Elev8 at the tournaments they were at together.

4. DanGR: This is a tough call. His tournament results have been lower lately, but that may be because he has been attending tournaments with Billy, Kismet, and Reflex. Although Elev8 placed higher than him at the December 5th tournament in Bham, Dan has been more active than Elev8 while placing pretty consistently around 3rd or 4th. Also, I almost forgot that he placed 3rd at TCS VI, having gone through Will.

5. Elev8: Like I said, he places pretty consistently around the same area as DanGR, he is just less active.

6. George: He's a great player, but he's been inconsistent. I don't know much about the tournaments he's been to recently other than Karate Explosion. I believe he is number 6, but I may have to edit this if I can't find out more soon.

7. shaSLAM: This guy has been the story of this brawl season. He placed 2nd at Karate Explosion and 5th at the Dec 5th tournament in Bham. He has recently beaten Dan, Scourge, George, Kola, and Zero. He can be a little inconsistent with his placing, like when he got 9th at Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork, but overall we cannot ignore the people he's beaten and the spots he's earned.

8. Munkus Beaver: He is a good player and consistent when he does attend. He beat George and Elev8 at TCS VI. I would rank him higher if he wasn't so inactive.

9. Brown Scourge: He has been doing well. He got 3rd at Karate Explosion and 7th at This Tastes So F**king Good. I'm not sure what he accomplished at TCS VI, although I believe he beat Billy in pools. Since then, Billy has beaten him back.

10. Zero Gamer: I looked at his tournament results for Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork, This Tastes So F**king Good, and Karate Explosion. He is very consistent and I could see him moving up next time we update.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol Guess I can't argue with this, xD it seems I'm the only pulling for Cheap

Think so Reflex? ;P If I do good next tourney I'll move myself up. I just don't think I'm at the same level as most of those good people.

I mean, I only have one big win lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol Guess I can't argue with this, xD it seems I'm the only pulling for Cheap
I thought about putting Cheap up there, but the spots I listed won in the end.

You're not alone in thinking about the possibility, at least.

As for your being in "Good", I do think you can compete with the rest of the people in that list, yeah. Just keep aiming to learn and improve; it will become apparent to you and everyone else, I'm sure.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Last tournament, ;P He used Toon Link/Metaknight for brackets
Lucario for crews, and Hoover cheered him on letting him know that Roll dsmash is love

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i didnt know reflex was a BR mod.
oh ****.

kola, you gotta come into every tourney saying to yourself "im better than all these dudes at this game. **** the bithces."
thats how i win.
i just pretend everyone i face is a level 9 cpu, so i expect myself to come out on top and when i dont, i see the problem as being easily fixable and think, yeah ill do better next time.
idk. just dont get down on yourself. thats what kept me from getting better for so long.

remember. reflex is a level 9 gannon when you face him. :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
For this next season, I'm going to be very confident xD

I'm making that PR list next update for sure

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Ok guys, we have 5 submitted PR list. I would appreciate it if everyone who would like to submit a list would do so within the next week. I do want to update the PR before January, so that when the year starts off we will have a fresh new PR to complain about XD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Of course we'll have some sort of comment about the people we replaced. ;D they clearly are too awesome to not mention.

At what Elev8 said

I agree, seeing a new PR before January would be nice. It would fit perfectly for the upcoming season.
People who will be replaced go try and earn your spot back our new people will most likely give you a run for your money though :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I failed against the MK and Lucario. I'm going to have to start predicting things instead of throwing random fairs.

Ohh the small paragraph about each individual player

Yea we should do that, lets see, 5 panelists 10 players, each pick and do two?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
because he is ****ing NICE1 *****!

and **** man. i've been dreading the day a TL moved into AL. seriously i think i have gotten 2 stocked everytime i ever played that character. that character and that charecter alone will be the defeat of me :/
hes so gay... like 5 projectiles and fast moves that combo. like... wtf. :( you cant approach to start out with in barwl so lets give this charecter like 50 projectiles.
hahaha. but it makes me sad nonetheless :(

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Toon Link is best played when he is trying to time out his opponent. Jason doesn't try to time ppl out with his Toon Link, so i'm not really fearing Toon Link yet :)

nice1

Smash Lord
because he is ****ing NICE1 *****!

and **** man. i've been dreading the day a TL moved into AL. seriously i think i have gotten 2 stocked everytime i ever played that character. that character and that charecter alone will be the defeat of me :/
hes so gay... like 5 projectiles and fast moves that combo. like... wtf. :( you cant approach to start out with in barwl so lets give this charecter like 50 projectiles.
hahaha. but it makes me sad nonetheless :(
thank u someone understands y slam just got cool points:):):):):):)
idk cam maybe cuz i choose to be seven canceled, play sf4, or play mw2 alot.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hey Zero post your list

I think after we have 10 we can discuss and update this thing

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol you don't have to play 2 of the 3 people listed because:

Nice1 got cancelled, his level of awesome prevents him from attending, He will be at next TCS ;P better be anyway

Pika Cam Cancelled

Scourge is Bowser ****, gg

nice1

Smash Lord
lets see.. the reasons i may attend the next TCS to see friends and hang
1. need a date in advance cuz when checks go out in january i'm booking my hotel for final round
2. if i can get a ride

o and kola got cool points

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to make a fuss or anything, but if you want to even be mentioned, you should have to work for it. Otherwise, what's the point of a PR? Remember, I chose to stop playing at tournaments too.

nice1

Smash Lord
yes and thats ur opinion i understand that and trust me if i wanna get back on the PR and go to tourneys its no biggie and me not making back on PR after a few tourneys in 2010 would be a joke not dissing ne one tho. its like GA did when they had melee PR they mentioned Mike G, Bobby, Blake and i think someone else even tho they stop playing and r top ten material they still were mentioned as something. i'm not here to argue everyone has a right to say wat they wanna say. u say wat u want i say wat i want

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
So, you think Moogle and Janitor should be mentioned too? Seeing as how they are being taken off as well...

And don't forget about Mahg who would be on this list if he could ever go to tournaments.

nice1

Smash Lord
if they want they can this is my decision no one else. ok we hav a top 10 right ok people see that and be like ok those are the top ten in AL even tho we dont play as much, inactive, or retired there can be a list of people from what i just said. for example dangr choose not to b on one of our PR's right. T1J didn't have to highlight his name and say choose not to b on the PR. he couldve just left it blank. In general u can make a Retired/Inactive list i mean if u seen our top ten and u notice a few names were missing wouldnt that make u think like y aren't these guys on the list that could save tha hassle of people asking that when u can just make a list like honorable mention

heres a good example of what i'm talking bout cam
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116716

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Lol. A list of AARP smashers in AL. I honestly don't know how it's your decision whether or not you're mentioned. This is a thread for our whole state. All I'm saying is that people have gotten better since we last played them, which is why we really have to go to tournaments in order to know who's better. I mean, I beat shaSLAM at TCS V, so I'm better than him, right? Wrong. We don't know because that was in June. Since then, he has beaten a ton of people I never could like Dan, George, and Scourge. Therefore, we really can't rank people in a separate list if they haven't played each other in forever.

We could however just list people who are inactive/retired without putting them in any particular order. That, I would not be opposed to.

EDIT:

That is interesting how they put them into tiers after the top ten. I assume they are not in any particular order in their tiers. Hm... I really only think we will run into more trouble when we start ranking people outside of the top ten. It's not as bad the way GA did it however.

nice1

Smash Lord
u mean july right? u saying how can it be my decision right? ok how bout a suggestion to help AL as a whole as u say. ok i'm not talking bout tha top ten list like i said a list of inactive/retired people idk where u beating slam comes n at for a retired/inactive list but ok cuz i know my boy is gonna be on the list. top ten is top ten whatever happens but like u said a non order inactive/retired list would be nice tho so non of those wat happen, to T1J, munkus, etc. that can be answered very quickly

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The honorable mention list is for people who received at least one vote to be on the power ranking.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Winnar uploaded vids of the tournament on June 30th, so it was late June.

I was saying that if you made a separate top ten list of how good we think everyone would be if everyone was active, then you'd have problems.

And I meant no disrespect to slam. He'd probably kick my *** if we played today.

nice1

Smash Lord
u goin off the vids i was goin off the update i see. o nah n general fellows all i'm saying is maybe we should have a retired/inactive list how many spots r finna be gone on the next update i know its more then 2+ counting me and cam i mean if i cam in a saw 4-5 new peeps on the list it would raise my brow saying wat happen to such and such

Top Bottom