• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dan stated an opinion and we shouldn't bash him for it.

But I'd also like to give a suggestion and follow the GA's way of balancing tournaments/ setting up a panel/ making a list.

@CHEAP
so far I have

Elev8
Reflex
Kola
Munkus
Cam
Slam
CHEAP
Dan

I didn't count wuffy's because I really don't remember seeing him outside of the latest tournament, if thats wrong of me let me know.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Hey, don't bash Wulfy for throwing in his two cents. He may be new to the scene, but don't kill the guy for it.
And putting me on the list was just for lulz, we were laughing about it the other day :p

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I agree with Kola about Wulfy. (sorry lol)

In fact, we probably shouldn't use lists of people that are either inactive or new (tij, wulfy, cam, ragnarok, etc).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh I believe you have a point, it wouldn't be fair of me to not add wuffy but add Cams, even though he had the most detail on why he did it out of everyone.

tbh we just need to decide on a new panel via voting, then finish these lists up before Sunday

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm not really basing my opinions on the times that I have played with said people, Cheap. I'm just basing it off of the results. I still understand if you want to throw out my list.

George, post your tournament results.
You too Elev8.
And Will.

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I have played everyone on the current list but T1J. I've also played Cheap, Scourge, and Slam. I haven't played Kola or Zero Gamer, but I put Zero on my list anyway based on his results.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
cam is good at brawl.
or was good.
idk anymore.
i think he has legitimate opnions about things.

but like.. people who i dont know who the **** they are and know the dont really play brawl... i would dismiss that. you cant always be the nice guy, kola. lol i think you are basically the one in charge of this discussion for the most part. ****, kola is our panel. haha
and cam has been around AL for a while. pretty much as long as i have been exactly.
im not trying to be an ***. i just want to look at things realisticly.

everyone wants to sound cool and think they have good points and input but only few people actually do.
i never usually have good points.
i just type alot of things.

and i wasnt trying to bash you dan, sorry if it came off that way. i thought more people put will_ lower. i didnt know it was just you. if it is just your opnion then thats cool. i thought it was decided amongst AL to put him lower and thats what got me worked up.
i really need to start reading more posts instead of just skimming over things.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm not really basing my opinions on the times that I have played with said people, Cheap. I'm just basing it off of the results. I still understand if you want to throw out my list.
I figured you were basing it off pure results, and that isn't a bad thing, but I honestly think that you would also need to play with people (fairly recently) in order to be able to rank them properly. Its hard to judge skill if you haven't watched or played people in months (it might be different if AL recorded matches at tournaments, but we never seem to...)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258128
look at this thread.
this is why i respect GA more than AL and think they are more legitimate than us.
they get work done.
they arent always trying to be the nice guy and tell everyone what they want to hear and they arent afraid to be real with each other. and they all have the balls to take it and laugh at it with each other.
i say something that isnt "nice" and everyone is like "w0wzers slam, you are a meanie!"

**** that.

why dont we just get real and have fun and trash talk and take things lightheartedly like they do?
ive said this before, but ****, we need to man up sometime and quite being little kids who dont want to get their feeligns hurt over a videogame.

woops wrong thread. give me a second to edit.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for backing me, Slam.

And yeah we heart dan. My last post was simple debate.

How far back do you want me to pull up my results, Cam?

And Slam, that's the GA melee PR. Meaning that it had been going on for a while.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't feel hurt, lol. I just don't feel like debating anything right now.

I'm on my Christmas break, about to hang out with a friend.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258128
look at this thread.
this is why i respect GA more than AL and think they are more legitimate than us.
they get work done.
they arent always trying to be the nice guy and tell everyone what they want to hear and they arent afraid to be real with each other. and they all have the balls to take it and laugh at it with each other.
i say something that isnt "nice" and everyone is like "w0wzers slam, you are a meanie!"

**** that.

why dont we just get real and have fun and trash talk and take things lightheartedly like they do?
ive said this before, but ****, we need to man up sometime and quite being little kids who dont want to get their feeligns hurt over a videogame.

woops wrong thread. give me a second to edit.
lol he has status if I were to be him I'd probably do something like this

Alright Panelist are
Kola
DanGR
Will
Munkus
Elev8

You guys didn't vote so I'm not caring

I'm making a new thread because noone gives a flying ****

List will be posted and if you're not on it tough *******

xD Yea then I'd get flamed, and it wouldn't be my way of handling things

it'd be pretty ****** though lol

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I haven't checked the boards in a few hours and this thread got krunk pretty quickly : D
I have some news though. I won't be that active anymore in the tourney scene. My girlfriend just got a job as a 6th grade teacher, which means she'll want to spend a lot of time with me on the weekends. Looking at upcoming tournaments and stuff, i'll try to make it to some of Jason's tournaments; and i'll definitely be able to go to anything in AU, but don't expect me to be anymore active than before. With that said I won't be butt hurt if i'm just left off the PR. Whether or not i'm on the list will not make a difference to whether or not i'll kick your *** in tournament : D

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bros first?

lol

That's pretty upsetting though, but girls should always come before a game, and after seeing Aloha's experience from TCS VI I wouldn't dare put a game first xD

But it's not like you're not going to any tournament at all or anything, so I wouldn't be for taking you off the pr, just my newly made rage panel. :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah bros come first.
haha yeah i guess you just arent an ***, kola. :)

oh and aloha got rid of that girl hahahahaha.

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Dan stated an opinion and we shouldn't bash him for it.

But I'd also like to give a suggestion and follow the GA's way of balancing tournaments/ setting up a panel/ making a list.

@CHEAP
so far I have

Elev8
Reflex
Kola
Munkus
Cam
Slam
CHEAP
Dan

I didn't count wuffy's because I really don't remember seeing him outside of the latest tournament, if thats wrong of me let me know.
*shrugs*
I'm not offended, but I've seen Dan and Billy play quite often. If nothing else, I can definitely say:
Reflex>Billy>Dan
Though Billy and Dan are much closer together than Billy is to Reflex. I would only highly recommend you take that into account. Also, while I was laughing with M3T about his placement on the list (underserved, I know) I would advocate he would definitely make the cut if he went more. That's kind of a side note though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I believe there are few players that would make the cut if there were more active
Serin is a great example.

Apparently he is making the attempt to be more active, we will see if he makes the cut next season.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I believe there are few players that would make the cut if there were more active
Serin is a great example.

Apparently he is making the attempt to be more active, we will see if he makes the cut next season.
I'll basically be more active as soon as I get a **** license.

Otherwise, I'm about as active as a fat cat.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i want to come in and edit that i dont know anything about billy.

i played his zelda in doubles which seemed scrubby at the time so i didn't think he was like TOP THREE AND ****

but apparently he's good

but i guess thats how you play zelda.

im going to start playing again just to keep at least one sucky person off the list.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Bros first?

lol

That's pretty upsetting though, but girls should always come before a game, and after seeing Aloha's experience from TCS VI I wouldn't dare put a game first xD

But it's not like you're not going to any tournament at all or anything, so I wouldn't be for taking you off the pr, just my newly made rage panel. :p
dont base any opinions on aloha's girl

she's ****ing crazy

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think if this keeps up (everyone being inactive or quiting) then yes, the PR will only get suckier and suckier.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I went ahead and updated the PR with the 8 submitted list. I'm pretty sure my math is right, but if someone finds a mistake, LET ME KNOW XD

DAN~1. TheReflexWonder
2. Billy/elev8
3. Billy/elev8
4. Will_
5. George/Dan
6. George/Dan
7. Munkus
8. The Brown Scourge
9. Slam
10. Cheap

CHEAP~1. TheReflexWonder
2. Will_
3. Elev8
4. DanGR
5. Billy
6. Munkus
7. George
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. ? I would say its tied between Zero, Kola, and myself.

SHASLAM~1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. DanGR
4. Elev8
5. Bill_
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. me i guess haha i dont want to sound cocky.
9. Scourge.
10. Cheap.

ELEV8~1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. Me* i really think me and Dan are interchangeable
4. Dan*
5. Bill_
6. George
7. Munkus
8. Shaslam
9. Scourge
10. Zero Game

REFLEX~1. TheReflexWonder
2. Will_
3. Billy
4. elev8
5. DanGR
6. George
7. Munkus
8. The Brown Scourge
9. shaSLAM
10. Zero

KOLA~1. Reflex
2.Will_
3. DyllianGR
4. Elev8
5. George
6. Bill_
7. GodKingMunkus
8. Shaslam
9. CHEAP
10. Scourge Gamer

MUNKUS~1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. DanGR
4. Billy
5. Elev8
6. Munkus
7. George
8. Shaslam
9. The Brown Scourge
10. Cheap Peach

CAM~1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. Billy
4. Dan
5. Elev8
6. George
7. Shaslam
8. Munkus
9. Brown Scourge
10. Zero gamer

THE NEW PR as of 12/18/2009
Points key
10 points for a # 1 ranking
9 points for a # 2 ranking
8 points for a # 3 ranking
And so on
If there was a tie on a list (as there was on several list) both players got the lesser amount of points (unless it was a tie for 10th spot in which both players got 1 point)

1. THEREFLEXWONDER ~80 points
2. WILL_ ~ 72 points
3. DAN ~ 56 points
3. ELEV8 ~ 56 points
5. BILL_ ~ 54 points
6. GEORGE ~ 39 points
7. MUNKUS BEAVER ~ 33 points
8. SHASLAM~ 23 points
9. THE BROWN SCOURGE~ 17 points
10. CHEAP~ 6 points

Honorable Mention~ Zero Gamer ~ 5 points

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:p Way ahead of ya brosky, I had that saved

But yea there we go!

If this doesn't get added to the first post by sunday ;P theres going to be some rebel activity from an angry 17 yr old.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I guess if that's the final list elev8 can claim the lead because ties are so awkward, he eh.

That and me moving up the list of all directions would just be weird to me.

And I want to be listed as using Oli/MK/Random- as in seemingly random other characters (and arguably so). Those are the ones I've been using in tournaments for the past season. Hopefully I can change that soon. ;/

Edit: And put MK in front.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
i want to come in and edit that i dont know anything about billy.

i played his zelda in doubles which seemed scrubby at the time so i didn't think he was like TOP THREE AND ****

but apparently he's good

but i guess thats how you play zelda.

im going to start playing again just to keep at least one sucky person off the list.
Yea Billy mains shiek, and has a **** nice one too.
;P The people being added to the list aren't bad, just underrated. Who knows, maybe by the next large tournament they'll be kicking *** and taking names

dont base any opinions on aloha's girl

she's ****ing crazy
Oh, xD I just assumed, I was eating a big mac outside when I heard her go off on him

i think if this keeps up (everyone being inactive or quiting) then yes, the PR will only get suckier and suckier.
Or maybe they'll get better and better

If it gets down to so few of people, why not just wait a while to have a new sesason?
Because we would have failed our job again the new season starts January it's not something we can just ignore. We're getting this new list on the first post by Sunday no exceptions.

Ragnarock better be on the next PR :p brawl is to easy for him
Ragnarock should go to more tournaments that aren't in Mobile :D

I guess if that's the final list elev8 can claim the lead because ties are so awkward, he eh.

That and me moving up the list of all directions would just be weird to me.

And I want to be listed as using Oli/MK/Random- as in seemingly random other characters (and arguably so). Those are the ones I've been using in tournaments for the past season. Hopefully I can change that soon. ;/

Edit: And put MK in front.
I say we just get the people who made ties on their list to just pick one. o;

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Yeah, he mains sheik. He beats Dan and has beaten Kismet.

That's really uncalled for. You think people who are about to be new to the list are sucky?
i think everyone is sucky (including myself) except will and reflex (as i said i dont know anything about billy yet). and i think the new list is vastly inferior to the old list

and the list is pretty much a joke because of that

but i guess its not any more a joke than most state's lists. but its cool, some of us will probably get better, but for the most part we're going to keep spamming spotdoge and getting 6-9th place and giving reflex and will our money

anyway im probably better than several of the candidates for the new list and i'd like to prove it
and i kind of want to play the game again.

shrug

Top Bottom