• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
man.
all nice1 wants is a little paragraph written about him.
if i was doing PR i would do it.

i would make a list of people not on the PR but i thought needed a paragraph written about them because they are cool. hahahahahahahaha
eagletrent, nice1, hugo, adam, general mills, aloha.
and then write paragraphs about everyone that wanted one.

and then write one about DMG. because i lyke him. :)

this is why i will never be allowed near the PR editing.

nice1

Smash Lord
man.
all nice1 wants is a little paragraph written about him.
if i was doing PR i would do it.

i would make a list of people not on the PR but i thought needed a paragraph written about them because they are cool. hahahahahahahaha
eagletrent, nice1, hugo, adam, general mills, aloha.
and then write paragraphs about everyone that wanted one.

and then write one about DMG. because i lyke him. :)

this is why i will never be allowed near the PR editing.
LMAO and on that note it's time to go to a b-ball game tha lil comment thing was pretty cool tho gav a lil more detail on the person i'm out
P.S. LET SHASLAM MAKE THE PR

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I did notice it Kola. I will bet you are underestimating your abilities by putting yourself in the "average" tier, but I've never seen you play, so I don't really know.

I wouldn't mind a retired players list. One thing though: if someone goes to a tournament after being put on that list, do we automatically take them off?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I did my tier based off tournament results and my Win Lose ratio for competition matches

Total I have only won

7 matches out of the 8 tournaments I've been to (Not including pools/MM's)

4 of those were from one tournament, and since then I haven't beaten anyone in brackets.

So I thought it would only be fair to rate myself the way I did.

nice1

Smash Lord
kola we need to play one day. I think I played ur bro n pools and me and elev8 played yall n teams. Does ur bro use mk as a main. if I'm not mistaken he went falco first match then mk in our pool match

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We did a friendly my Marth against your Snake
I'd love to play you again sometime though

My brother does main MK
He probably thought he could take your snake as Falco for cg spike reasons

nice1

Smash Lord
We played a friendly really I can't remember lol but yea he tried to cg spike me :( then went mk second match :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lol it wasn't something worth remembering, basically I got my *** kicked.

Well thats V3GA for you, going Meatknight when the goings get tough

btw ShaSlam REALLY needs to play V3GA, he's so biased against him now and doesn't believe me or Jason when we say he's good lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude no offense but your bro can suck my ****.

why does he even care about me? its not like hes even involved in the smash community or knows how to play the game. he needs to get a different hobby or something and stop worrying about a game he doesnt even know how to play.

he beat me once at vulcan because it was my first tournament and only like one of the first times i ever played brawl or smash in general and knew nothing about there being a real competitve scene or anything and had never played with anyone other than my casual playing friends.
so... i dont see what hes trying to get at by judging me from a performance over a year ago. it really is one of the most ignorant things anyone that ive played smash against has ever done.

edit: its like if i was a friend of mewtwoking and one of the very first people to ever play him in smash and i beat him while he was still a noob. then i never went to any tournaments and didnt know jack **** about how to play smash but still thought mewtwo ing sucked, even to this day. just because i beat him when he was just a noob player. lol wtf is his problem. is he really that stupid of a person?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Man this board makes me sad. I could totally be PR material, I just never get to go to any tournaments.
I've beaten a few of the people on the current rankings. It just seems like I miss every tournament opportunity by some last minute thing :(

Also, for what it's worth I bump Billy for top 3

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Man this board makes me sad. I could totally be PR material, I just never get to go to any tournaments.
I've beaten a few of the people on the current rankings.
There's several ppl in the same boat as you. Serin & Mahgnittoc are both good players that maybe on the PR if they were able to make it to tournaments. It's just about proving yourself on a consistent basis. Since Dan is going to Huntsville next semester, you should start coming to tournaments with My brother, me, calvin, and Billy. I promise the extra practice against high level players will only get you better, you just have to try and find the time for the tournaments :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yea Slam, he should really play you before saying anything

Dark M3t, I'd like it if you made time for tournaments too.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yes!

M3t, go to tournaments with us! It's great experience and good fun. Also, I can show you Emerald China when we go to Waba. :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
emerald china sounds like a delicious restraunt.
is it one?
haha im just hungry.

and yeah, kola, thats basically the summary of what i was trying to say.
gah, im so bad at summarizing things and making them to the point.
instead, i just make them sound harsh and dragged out.

edit: and also i wasnt trying to compare myself to m2k. hahaha it was just a point i was trying to make i guess. fail.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
alright we need to continue with the PR talk

I'd really like it if the following posted a list
Billy
Dan
Slam
Cheap

and some opinions from
Janitor
George
Will

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Actually he did, he didn't add himself because he thought it was bragging.

Took me a second my bad.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh so far things are looking pretty similar
CHEAP and Zero are going to be the ones going for the last spot

I think it's 4 votes for Zero
2 votes for CHEAP

actually I'm just going to save the list to my pm box and make it easier on myself.

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Based on what I've seen from the guys I know:
1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. Billy
4. DanGR
5. Elev8
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. M3T
I doubt many of you know M3T, but he would definitely make the cut if he went to more tournaments. Still, this is all really arbitrary anyway, but more votes might lead to more accurate opinions, so my two cents are thrown in.

Good luck at Winterfest everyone who's going!

nice1

Smash Lord
1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. Billy
4. DanGR
5. Elev8
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. M3T
I doubt many of you know M3T, but he would definitely make the cut if he went to more tournaments. Still, this is all really arbitrary anyway, but more votes might lead to more accurate opinions, so my two cents are thrown in.

i remember playing him tha night before tha second to last TCS if i can recall

_Keno_

Smash Lord
1. TheReflexWonder
2. Will_
3. Elev8
4. DanGR
5. Billy
6. Munkus
7. George
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. ? I would say its tied between Zero, Kola, and myself. I dont think i could put one of us above another. If I'm forced to, I will decide later.

After the most recent B'ham tourny, I still feel that Will_ is better than Elev8 and Dangr, so I kept him #2 (yes, I know Will_ wasn't there, but I did watch elev8 and DanGR)

I'm not so sure about Billy, George, or Munkus, since I haven't played them (or even watched them play) recently. I'm just letting tourny results speak for them.

Scourge and Slam have consistently placed above average for a while now, and deserve to be ranked.

Because of Wulf, I've considered M3T and Ragnarok, but I've not seen them play and could not find tourny results from either of them. Reflex, elev8, and Billy may know about them.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
:(

I need to go to more tourneys so I can get @ 2nd place behind Reflex...

/ego x3

Anyways, I say update before Christmas and have the new season end in the middle of 2010.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. Billy
4. DanGR
5. Elev8
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. M3T

Was that last bham tournament your first tournament? I'm not trying to discourage you from posting your thoughts, or play this game competitively, but who all did you play at this tournament? How many ppl on the PR have you played?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yes!

M3t, go to tournaments with us! It's great experience and good fun. Also, I can show you Emerald China when we go to Waba. :)
Yes, Emerald China Indeed X0. I'm gonna manage my money better next semester so I can go to more tournaments.

1. reflex.
2. WIll_
3. Billy
4. DanGR
5. Elev8
6. George.
7. Munkus
8. shaSlam
9. Scourge.
10. M3T

I love you Wulfy no homo

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It should go something like this:
(Based solely on tournament performance and consistency. More recent tournaments are taken more into consideration though.)

1. TheReflexWonder
2. Billy/elev8
3. Billy/elev8
4. Will_
5. George/Dan
6. George/Dan
7. Munkus
8. The Brown Scourge
9. Slam
10. Cheap

HRs: Kismet2 and whoever made a lot of other players' lists. That's how I think it should be.

The last time Will_ attended a tournament either Billy or Elev8 went to was TCS IV, if I recall correctly. I really can't place him accurately among them for that reason, but I will input that I think both Billy and elev8 could beat Will_ if they played him at the next tournament. If he can prove that he's still #2 in AL though (which is very possible), then I'll put him back up there.

And if you're wondering, priority was given to the consistent tournament goers because I feel I can more accurately place players that... you know, play the game. >_>

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I just added everyones lists and tallied up the points
and so far theres a pretty close fight for 3-5
and 10

Lets get some more lists in!

Rayku

Smash Lord
Billy deserves 2nd or 3rd on this PR. I've seen mad play come from him. If I were to fight him in tournament I'd expect to lose (if he used Sheik)

Elev8 is mad legit too, so I think DanGR's list is spot-on. Consider his list my (an OoS'er) view.

Except, obviously, that Dan should be at #7, and Brown Scourge should be switched with Munkus afterwards.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
It should go something like this:
(Based solely on tournament performance and consistency. More recent tournaments are taken more into consideration though.)

1. TheReflexWonder
2. Billy/elev8
3. Billy/elev8
4. Will_
5. George/Dan
6. George/Dan
7. Munkus
8. The Brown Scourge
9. Slam
10. Cheap

HRs: Kismet2 and whoever made a lot of other players' lists. That's how I think it should be.

The last time Will_ attended a tournament either Billy or Elev8 went to was TCS IV, if I recall correctly. I really can't place him accurately among them for that reason, but I will input that I think both Billy and elev8 could beat Will_ if they played him at the next tournament. If he can prove that he's still #2 in AL though (which is very possible), then I'll put him back up there.

And if you're wondering, priority was given to the consistent tournament goers because I feel I can more accurately place players that... you know, play the game. >_>
Apparently Zero's last two tourneys counted for something huge or else I'm lost on what a consistent tourneygoer means.

Also, being knocked down for excessive absence is one thing, but dropping because "I think x and x can take him" is jank.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i agree with will_

he's been placing 2nd or winning tournaments for a while, then doesnt show up to some little tournament with like 15 entrants and everyone starts to doubt him. now we even have ****ing m3t as a potential number 10. wtf are you guys thinking? his little friend that he plays smash with says hes good so you guys are like "YEAH LETS PUT HIM THERE!!!!"

:( this makes me sad.

reflex didnt come to an AL tournament for like... a year one time. so what gives?

will_ has proven himself in state and out. and i think proving yourself out of state should count for more than placing good at a little smashfest.

waba monthlies are like... a legit tournament.
whether we like it or not, we havent had a legit tournament in a prettylong time.
idk if AL ever will again.

point summed up. these lists are getting too absurd and you guys are letting zero's tourney results go to your head just because they are the only recent tournaments we have had in AL lately. also you are taking EVERY post that is posted on this discussion to heart. you should realize when someone has a valid point and when you should simply overlook a post.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm the only one that put Will_ lower. I'm most likely wrong. *shrugs*

I honestly don't really care a lot about these lists. Just ignore mine, I suppose. I felt I had to make one anyways or else I'll get a bunch of PMs about it.

Top Bottom