• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
His final list is just like my final list, so I'd agree

Dan said he was ok with it

so yea if you're alright with it right now this is our final list.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think everyone is sucky (including myself) except will and reflex (as i said i dont know anything about billy yet). and i think the new list is vastly inferior to the old list

and the list is pretty much a joke because of that

but i guess its not any more a joke than most state's lists. but its cool, some of us will probably get better, but for the most part we're going to keep spamming spotdoge and getting 6-9th place and giving reflex and will our money

anyway im probably better than several of the candidates for the new list and i'd like to prove it
and i kind of want to play the game again.

shrug
Why do you keep saying that?

We're all "good" at this game relatively. I mean, when I got to Auburn nearly NO ONE even knew what shield grabbing was. That's how "bad" the non-competitive community often times is.

We may definitely not be anywhere near as good as some of the states up North, but that's to be expected. In some areas they've got about 2 tournaments every week to pick and choose from. That and they've had so many more people per square mile to practice with over all these years. It's sort of expected that they're better.

Now why keep emphasizing that we're terrible? Most of us are trying to get better, and those of us that aren't probably aren't on the PR or aren't as high as they used to be. Many others, regardless of the PR, just want to get better and you aren't helping by not going to tournaments and then putting us down because, in effect, we don't have the experience other regions have.

And who on the PR list spot dodge spams? xD

edit: Billy lives in Auburn for school.

And Reflex doesn't use Wario anymore.

And you don't play Brawl anymore. Why are you heading this thread. xD

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Oh ****. A lot of new people :laugh:

EDIT:people should host tourneys in Montgomery besides me. I really don't have the time anymore.

That way, it's in the center of the state, then we could all come together as one x3

EDIT2: @T1J: Lol@everyonesucks.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well my work is done ;P

Guys that are active, keep staying active

Guys that are inactive, be more active this upcoming season

btw Scourge would like a Marth beside his Boozer

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Cheap, you are finally on my friend. Congrats.

Same to you Slam and Scourge. I haven't seen you lately, but I'm sure you are both really good.

Billy, you deserve higher, and I'm sure you'll prove it soon.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Billy didn't use Falco on me at Halloween Bash, so I don't know how good he is yet. When I played his Sheik, I think I 2-stocked him first game and beat him on one stock mid %

DanGR is fine where he is. Played his Olimar, won 2-0(?) and lost to his MK 2-1 :(

So I'm fine with the PRs atm.

I wanna play Will_ though. If he's about as good as Reflex, I would love to see this for myself.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I want Ice climbers next to my D3. I know Billy plays Falco enough to have him listed as a secondary. Dan already said my brother doesnt play Wario, so i think that's it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I'd like to add

I'm pretty disappointed I didn't even get honorable mention :(

Next season I'll have to work harder

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Why do you keep saying that?

We're all "good" at this game relatively.
relatively is right. but that doesn't really satisfy me when 90 percent of us win by using repetitive tactics that work simply because our opponents suck or our characters are dumb or bad. yeah, chaingrab across the stage and edgeguard. you really know your character. yeah run away, throw stuff, and pivot grab. cool great job. yeah put explosives everywhere and throw out jabs and tilts. how long did you practice that. throw fireballs and roll when anyone gets near you. cool strat i can tell that you're using your brain. the only time i feel like im losing becuase my opponent is actually outsmarting me and doing clever things is when i play reflex or will. everyone else is like well this is a dumb aspect of your character that makes no sense to me. obviously thats still partially my fault and it shows my lack of game knowledge and talent, but it doesn't by any means means that person is good at the game. i think the only reason i ever made this list is because snake is broken, not because i'm good. that's ******** imo

Now why keep emphasizing that we're terrible? Most of us are trying to get better, and those of us that aren't probably aren't on the PR or aren't as high as they used to be. Many others, regardless of the PR, just want to get better and you aren't helping by not going to tournaments and then putting us down because, in effect, we don't have the experience other regions have.
i've said from since we even put the first list up, that my ideal PR list would be the top players in the state that should be feared by everyone else. but as of now its a couple of good players and then a list of players who get 5th place in local 15 man tournaments becuase everyone sucks. its not really anyone's fault, but its the truth, and it makes me uncomfortable.

you guys just seem so pumped about making the PR list when you should be pumped about learning how to play the game.

its not necessarily a lack of experience, so much as we've gotten complacent because spamming roll and spotdodge is getting us 5th place in tournaments. we're not trying to get better, most of us. we're just trying to keep getting 5th place so we can be on the PR
And who on the PR list spot dodge spams? xD
obviously im not going to call out any names. but this game is such that many characters can get away with scrubby tactics like that when playing against other scrubby players, which most of us are, so we're going to keep doing them beating a bunch of weak players and losing to the good ones and never get better most likely. except for those of us that get to travel to other states. which even in that case we may just keep trying hte same stuff

And you don't play Brawl anymore. Why are you heading this thread. xD
im not heading the thread. i just have to update it because i created it. im not sure that its possible to pass off ownership of a thread.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i cant say i disagree with janitor.
he pretty much says it all for me.
that may make me sound like an *** but its true and we need to hear it and not think so highly of ourselves. isnt that what non competititve players do?
everything has only been seeming scrubbier and scrubbier lately to me.
ever since summer ended.
and janitor hasnt really missed out on anything game breaking or anyone becoming insanely good or any big events so i still consider him to be pretty knoledgable.
oh **** im on here!
congrats cheap and scrouge!
and zero!

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
5th place in a local 15-man tournament. Let's think about that for a second if say Reflex's crew was there.

Hypothetical tournament where Reflex's crew was in attendance:

1. Reflex
2. Kismet
3. Billy
4. Elev8
5. *insert player here*

Yeah... you suck if you lost to 1st-4th.

EDIT: Slam, it is just a game. I don't want to be part of a community that is always putting down its members just because they aren't as good as some guys from New Jersey or Texas. Of course we'll try and get better.

EDIT2: We have a crew of like 15 people in Madison that gets together to play brawl to have fun. I don't go up to one of them and tell them they are a scrub because they aren't as good as some of you guys. They are getting better while listening to the advice of Dan, Spade, and me, and that's what they deserve praise for. I'm convinced that the attitude of constantly comparing ourselves to states like FL and TX will only make the Alabama brawl scene miserable. Like someone already said, we are not huge states like them, so we obviously won't have as many Reflexes and Wills.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@Dan

T1J was the creator, so I wanted him to keep leading this thread if he doesn't want to anymore I guess he could just contact a mod and get him to change the ownership, or someone could make a new thread.

@Cam
The whole "AL is full of scrubs" talk is bothering me too ;P you and your AU buddies should show him how good we are.

And dude like I said earlier, we might on the bottom of the list in the entire ATL South, but we're still good and can show it. Our top players didn't get where they did by cutting their competition down by saying they aren't good.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
5th place in a local 15-man tournament. Let's think about that for a second if say Reflex's crew was there.

Hypothetical tournament where Reflex's crew was in attendance:

1. Reflex
2. Kismet
3. Billy
4. Elev8
5. *insert player here*

Yeah... you suck if you lost to 1st-4th.

EDIT: Slam, it is just a game. I don't want to be part of a community that is always putting down its members just because they aren't as good as some guys from New Jersey or Texas. Of course we'll try and get better.

EDIT2: We have a crew of like 15 people in Madison that gets together to play brawl to have fun. I don't go up to one of them and tell them they are a scrub because they aren't as good as some of you guys. They are getting better while listening to the advice of Dan, Spade, and me, and that's what they deserve praise for. I'm convinced that the attitude of constantly comparing ourselves to states like FL and TX will only make the Alabama brawl scene miserable. Like someone already said, we are not huge states like them, so we obviously won't have as many Reflexes and Wills.
hahaha i came in 5th at the tournament that they all showed up to.
i guess that guy has been me lately hahahahaha.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude... i know how good AL is at smash, kola.
i kind of live here and go to all the smash events if you haven't noticed yet...

im not saying anyone from AU sucks.
i know they dont.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also... why dont we have the little paragraphs beside our name here anymore?
i will write some if t1j will post them up.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
dude... i know how good AL is at smash, kola.
i kind of live here and go to all the smash events if you haven't noticed yet...

im not saying anyone from AU sucks.
i know they dont.
Did I say you did? :p

I'm just saying I don't like the negative talk x[ it effects people

Cmon guys, lets get better at this game :)
;P I'm already working on getting much better, I'm learning frame data now

the legendary tripple post
Only in bama bro

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lets just give it a break.
this **** got updated.
lets go troll it up in the AL thread now.
plz?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I'm working on finally getting a win in a set vs Reflex <_<

I'm looking at PT videos...

and they are all kinda ****ty except for Reflex... x_x

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace

Good luck with that... My brother has too much experience against d3 to lose to him. He beat Seibrik's d3 at Halloween bash in a friendly. I mean, i suppose if you try and camp all the pokemon, so that they get tired or something you may have a chance, but you would have to go to a tournament :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Good luck with that... My brother has too much experience against d3 to lose to him. He beat Seibrik's d3 at Halloween bash in a friendly.
Actually, I beat Seibrik's Dedede at Halloween Bash in tournament. Two-stocked him, and he switched to Meta Knight for the next two games. I'm sore that it didn't get saved, because it proves my point that with platforms, Ivysaur vs. Dedede is no worse than 40-60, and it might be 45-55.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Congrats to my boys Slam and Scourge for getting on the PR, and for elev8 for getting 3rd! Glad to see AL finally updated their PR.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

Me too dude, or at least win a match.

Actually, I beat Seibrik's Dedede at Halloween Bash in tournament. Two-stocked him, and he switched to Meta Knight for the next two games. I'm sore that it didn't get saved, because it proves my point that with platforms, Ivysaur vs. Dedede is no worse than 40-60, and it might be 45-55.
****, too legit. Ivysaur being 40-60 against D3?

btw I'm really tempted to get this Marth of mine on above average level, add some nice spacing tactics, and get frame data down by February, after that I'm challenging EVERYONE from Reflex's crew to a $5 MM.

Get@Me

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Good luck with that... My brother has too much experience against d3 to lose to him. He beat Seibrik's d3 at Halloween bash in a friendly. I mean, i suppose if you try and camp all the pokemon, so that they get tired or something you may have a chance, but you would have to go to a tournament :p
I was there...

Oh wait no I wasn't I had to leave around that time...
And when I saw that happen, it almost made me give up on trying to beat you with D3, but then I realized I'm in too deep with him to try and find someone else...

Top Bottom