• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
They are all lying Dan, I'm the one that REALLY has your classic controller

I am holding it for ransom though, so I need 50 dollars next time I see you to give it back.
Figures, haha.
Hahahaha. I don't know how many classic controllers you have, Dan, but Umby gave me the one with the black grip.
Cool deal. I don't know when the next tournament is, but I'll try my best to make it. :p

AND DUDE. My brothers are buying me that paint job I was telling you about for Christmas. ^________^b

I can't decide between getting my Wii or controllers (classic + wiimore) air brushed. They'd probably break just like my last two classics, so I wouldn't want to use them if that's what I decided, lol.

And I was thinking about a Captain Planet texture for Olimar, with the pikmin as all the children: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXM9bj-WPU

stealth3654

Smash Lord
After I get back to AU, we are going to discuss the details of the tournament.

Dan, get the paint job on your controller.

The Captain Planet texture sounds cool, but I don't know how you are going to make the pikmin the children... Unless you give them funky hair.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
After I get back to AU, we are going to discuss the details of the tournament.

Dan, get the paint job on your controller.

The Captain Planet texture sounds cool, but I don't know how you are going to make the pikmin the children... Unless you give them funky hair.
Who's running it Billy? I want in.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
No, the twist is that it will only be Reflex, Billy, and Kismet. They will all be on a team against you with team attack off. Oh yeah, and they will all be using Captain Falcon.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
You forgot about the part where Luis, Calvin, and I have to start each stock with a falcon punch, and we have to taunt whenever we land the knee or a falcon punch. :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and you guys keep accusing me of saying that "alabama is scrubby"

no EVERYONE IS SCRUBBY.

i'd guess about 5% of the people who play brawl competitively are actually good at the game

e.g compared to the top players in the country, will_ doesn't stack up quite to that level
but i still call him a "good player" because he beats people by being clever and mindgames and not by spamming spotdodge or using ftilt locks

AND WHEN I SAY 'SPAMMING SPOTDODGE' I AM USING A FIGURATIVE DEVICE CALLED A "SYNECDOCHE"
so don't ask me "LOL WHOO DUZ DAT"

i interact with you guys the most so you may think that i am coming at you guys personally
but the entire brawl community is a nation of scrubs who are more worried about learning cheap tactics to get them on their respective PR lists and will more or less never get any better at the game. obviously there will be exceptions but brawl's metagame is dead because brawl players are gay
AND HONESTLY even the good players are gay
they just sit in their little back room and develop strats or they do it on their own and never tell anyone about them
wtf is that ****. yeah great way to build a competitive community guys

its not just Alabama. its the whole community. the community is the reason why I stopped playing the game. but now i am going to pick it back up and attempt to get good at it OUT OF SPITE
j/k the game is fun and i might as well try to get good at it

cuz im a MONSTER

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Maybe some of us just don't see the point in always calling everyone who's not the top 5% of competitive brawl players "scrubby."

I mean, can we define that word for a second? Look it up, you'll find words related to it like wretched, inferior, stunted, etc. As you can see, it has a very negative connotation. And if we are to be "scrubby" unless we can get better than 95% of competitive brawlers, then it doesn't seem like there's much chance we can become good by that standard. I'm sorry, but I am not about to tell someone who has devoted months of their life to brawl that they still suck.

How about we say amateur instead? It's much more accurate. An amateur is someone who isn't professional at a competitive level, but still pursues an activity as a pastime and devotes some time to learning it. An amateur is not the same as a novice or a beginner. An amateur is more of a mid level participant.

EDIT: Not to mention it's demeaning to say that 95% of competitive players just spam buttons and don't actually think about what they are doing. I'm sorry Daniel, but apparently those months you spent going through studying matchups doesn't change the fact that you don't think much about strategy in a match. Janitor said it, so it must be true.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry Daniel, but apparently those months you spent going through studying matchups doesn't change the fact that you don't think much about strategy in a match. Janitor said it, so it must be true.
I just notice a lot of things and follow up on them. Back then I simply had such a huge drive to understand the game better that I began analyzing any matchup I was curious about + my own that I had to worry about, of course. <_<

Seriously though, your post was right on.

Janitor, it's one thing to say we all need to step it up and get better, but it's an entirely different story to say we're all terrible CONSTANTLY. You're not helping us get better at all, so why continue? Most of us are making a conscious effort to get better, so just stop.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I just notice a lot of things and follow up on them. Back then I simply had such a huge drive to understand the game better that I began analyzing any matchup I was curious about + my own that I had to worry about, of course. <_<

Seriously though, your post was right on.

Janitor, it's one thing to say we all need to step it up and get better, but it's an entirely different story to say we're all terrible CONSTANTLY. You're not helping us get better at all, so why continue? Most of us are making a conscious effort to get better, so just stop.
I'm trying really hard to get better at this game, and every time I break my playstyle down, and get help from people in Alabama, I end up doing something that makes me better. I'm sure most of us are trying just as hard as I am to get better with their character and this game.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
man are you guys even listening to what janitor is saying?
he clearly said that he was being sarcastic when he said you guys just spam buttons.
there is a difference between being an actual scrub, not knowing the basics of a gme, and just having a scrubby mentality that does not resemble anything proffesional.
for the most part the brawl community has that mentality.
it takes alot of words that i dont feel like typing to define that mentality if you dont already know what it is.
i guess you just have to be a little mature to understand.

i guess thats the word. the brawl community isnt very mature. they handle things like little kids.

"I WANT TO MM U 2 PROVE THAT IM BETTER SO I CAN GIT ON THE PR AND TELL ALL MY FRIENDS I AM NUMBER 10 IN ALABAMA!!!!1111!!!!!!11!!!!"
"ZOMG GOD I BEAT SOME1 ON THE PR! DID NE1 SEE THAT???!!! CMON YOU HAD TO SEE THAT!!"

i mean, that stuff is cool and all, but its kind of immature if that is the only reason why you play. and i think that is the only reason why alot of people that play brawl play.

cmon man... grow up.

fortunately though, there are not ALOT of those people in AL.
i can respect alot of people here.
but like... there are some that need to grow up.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most people play MMs to get some serious practice against a player or character. Friendlies are cool and all, but they're just that- friendly matches. Tournament matches/MMs are played in a different environment where something is on the line. Most of the time they'll be more serious... blah, blah, blah. You get the point. >.>

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
ZOMG GOD DID SOMEONE SAY IT WAS ALL CAPS DAY IN THE AL PR THREAD?????

i totally want to mm that guy slam whooz bin talkin all kinds of #$%! then i'll prove that i can beat some1 on the pr!!!

Oh, and you other scrubby immature guys needz to grow up forrealz

Winnar

Smash Lord
guys I just realized

STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS ARE A LOT MORE EFFECTIVE WHEN THEY'RE ALL IN CAPS THIS IS TRUE IN EVERY SCENARIO

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
ano

OMG GUYS, I DON'T THINK THE PR SHOULD GO BEYOND NUMBER 5 BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE ALL BAD INCLUDING ME!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
guys I just realized

STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS ARE A LOT MORE EFFECTIVE WHEN THEY'RE ALL IN CAPS THIS IS TRUE IN EVERY SCENARIO
this is true.

Most people play MMs to get some serious practice against a player or character. Friendlies are cool and all, but they're just that- friendly matches. Tournament matches/MMs are played in a different environment where something is on the line. Most of the time they'll be more serious... blah, blah, blah. You get the point. >.>
this is true.

everything else... not so much.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
man forreal though im not talking about skill level or anything.
im just saying some people annoy me.
word.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yes! We should all go to Waba on the 26th. If any of you guys do go, don't forget to save some money for Emerald China. :)

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Oh wait... It's the 16th for the monthly and the 23rd for the combo breaker. Nothing's on the 26th. :p

Top Bottom