• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I actually just need to start placing higher than 5th...

Then I can get 2nd on PRs :x

No offense to 2nd - all.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well the skill level hasn't alway's been even, I'd say that since tournaments started being more frequent the overall weakest, but has the largest amount of players(Birmingham) are just catching up. Thats all.

I will back my bro Jason up and say he's pretty solid. Learning to play against his Lucario is certainly the reason why I'm getting so much better so much quicker. It's like a patience test and a test to not get behind or not be too carefree when I get the lead.

Now to get to some points
If the money matches weren't $5 or higher, I don't feel as if we could really count them. If I were to count my win over Elev8's Peach in a $2 mm I'd feel like an *** because I'm implying that I'm better than Elev8. It just doesn't seem right. Plus I'd be way more focused about winning if I had $5 on the line over $2.

Elev8 has done really well lately, and so has Billy. I'm still getting goosebumps about Billy beating Will. Elev8 beating Kismet at Auburn was also nice, But we can't jump to conclusions because of one tournament It's why our current PR is the way it is right now. I feel if we don't get a proper system set up we'll continue to make our PR the wrong way, instead of the right way.

For example, though I've had some big wins, the only people I've beaten on the PR is Munkus and Dan. Though I'm currently 4-1 with Munkus this season, I have only 1 win over Dan. Perhaps I got lucky, or maybe he was having an off day. We wouldn't be sure if I'm the better player if we haven't had more matches to prove it. So if I was added to the PR and Dan was placed lower it would mess up our PR. Plus I can't be added above Munkus because I've beaten him, he still beats Slam, Zero_Gamer. Two people I have hard times beating myself.

But anyway tl/dr, theres no way we can justify about who should go where until we've had enough tournaments to make sure our smashers are at least consistant about beating others.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I agree about the "Less than $5, not a real MM" concept.

Five dollas is the minimum to make the moneymatch tense. You're not playing for a Coke, son. You're playing for a sandwich. Five dollas gets you fed at Quizno's, 1 dolla gets you fed at the Wendy's "Yo food smells dank" menu.

EDIT: Elev8 and I agreed that our match at Zero's tourney didn't count in the grand scheme. You'd agree too if you saw that TV. Going by that, I've never lost to Elev8 in a tourney set. And at the Auburn tourney he was giving everyone a run for the "Best Player In Alabama 5 Stocks off Georgia, Son" Title.

Just using that as an illustration of how crazy kooky our PR is.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd play for a Coke Cola Dude xD

btw I think someone snatched mine, I set it down for a second and never found it lmao

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Seriously, who does Elev8 main?

I want him to main Ice Climbers.

btw, I think money is money and people play seriously the majority of the time, regardless of context. Higher stakes is just higher pressure, not always higher level play.

Also, I challenge Munkus to a Foot Long mm, 3/5.

Foot long = 5$

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The point of the money-match is to create a pressure-situation that is akin to a tourney match. You'll feel the sting of that $5 missing from your wallet, but you can shrug off that $1 really easy.

Also I accept your money match, except I want a Quizno's sammich and not a Subway one. Because Subway is dank and Quizno's is baller status.

Moneymatch. Best out of five. Winner gets a sammich.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Seriously, who does Elev8 main?
I want him to main Ice Climbers.

btw, I think money is money and people play seriously the majority of the time, regardless of context. Higher stakes is just higher pressure, not always higher level play.
Foot long = 5$
I really have a lot of fun trying to pick up a lot of different characters, so i find a new secondary/main almost weekly :laugh: with that said, since picking up ice climbers i have been trying to perfect chaingrabs, so i can rely on them if i need to.

As for mm's i know that when i play, i always try to win. I don't sand bag enough imo :laugh:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
hah can't blame ya, <.< Jason and I are still mooching people for rides.

<3 Someone needs to become best friends with that Nexus dude (That guy that drove from Montgomery to Jason's place for a smashfest)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Which will be March 27th

Which would also be the best time to update this to give more competition for the next half of the season.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You should totally encourage Zero to go to Airships and bring along a buddy or two, so you can all have an awesome gathering and a rapetastic weekend.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Hey im from NC, if things pan out right, i will be going to Tuskegee university as of next January. are there any tourneys/ smash players that live close by to that area?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Tuskegee is like an hour away from where i live. If you are ever willing to cruise to where we live you could car pool with us, but you have until January...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The Brawl scene is doing pretty well. Since Zero_Gamer has started hosting tournaments we've been getting a lot of action in.

Of course Reflex still plays.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yea, Zero is in charge of alot of things, you should keep a look out for the newest event, the Muffin game tournament. You should definitely *** to this.

The Muffin is going to be as big as the airship.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm, how far is that from the one on April 10th? If it's about the same distance I think some of AL will discuss it.

Top Bottom