• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
billy is easily number 2

i mean elev8 can become number 1 if he keeps chaingrabbing people but
lol

but billy is no question the second best player in Alabama

based on my experience

honestly he's harder than reflex to me.
but reflex sandbags everyone im sure
plus he always wins everything

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Ok so since I live two doors down from Billy and I play him everyday.... and next semester I will be his roommate I think I should atleast be 11th come on guys have a heart lol.....no but seriously I will make this power ranking >.>

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Boy, anyone who decides to play Pikachu against Billy in tournament is so screwed...

EDIT: Can we ego-cancel Reflex?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We have too many players getting around the same level. I mean, xD I'm getting better and I can see it through the progress this season.

Serin will need to be on the next pr if he shows up for AUSOM and maybe the next TCS tournament.

Plus we need to decide on a 5 man panel so I can have people to discuss my current list to.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
You can go ahead and ten-cancel me, as I won't be playing brawl seriously after AUSOM. However, I will definitely still play some friendlies at tournies that also have melee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
But whhhhyyyyyyyyy

It'll be the start of the summer season </3

and I'd like to bring up yet again, that we need to decide on a panel. :V

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
MY AVATAR

That aside, I'd be happy to be part of a panel if I thought we had ten people that still played Brawl in this state.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's kind of a pessimistic attitude.
Just a bit.

It just makes me sad that more than a couple people say "BRAWL+, YEAH" and more than a couple people say, "I'm done with Brawl."

I hope AUSOM brings new players and rekindles old players' enthusiasm.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
A lot of people are rather hyperbolic and drama prone, so they like to make big announcements but will still quietly attend tourneys and pay their fees and then months later everyone forgets about it.

Surprise! Internet.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Fun fact: the only people who actually quit playing are those that don't care enough to post about it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
is this your avatar, reflex?

was?
Eh?

It was a Dodrio before; now it's a guy looking at himself in a mirror.

I saw this picture in an online textbook for my Communication class. They were talking about preparing for a speech, and it had this picture in it. I thought it was funny, and matched by great egotism, so I print screen'd and made it my avatar.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD lol Brawl + may be fun because I can wreck faces with Ike, but I still love Brawl.

Well besides the "oops" at brawl turnout at Zero's latest tournament, I would say our Brawl attendance has been really good compared to our previous years. We haven't beaten our Winter season but meh xD I'm sure it'll pick back up during the summer.

Soooo could it be this?
Reflex
Elev8
Will
Munkus
Kola

I mean it seems dandy, unless Dan wants to continue. I haven't seen the guy around and it saddens me :(

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's called the "exam slums."

Surprise! People play more during the break time.

Schedule the tourneys to be around holidays and during long break periods.

Attendance goes up.

Munkus is a genius.

All hail Munkus.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Unless a tourney is extremely local, then it means I am sacrificing all of one and most of a second day playing in the tourney and driving.

Either I'm sleeping a ton when I get back home and doing no work, or I'm sleeping at a friend's place and doing no work.

Also yes, I study all day Saturday otherwise.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
-.- munkus don't lie to me lol jk but it takes tops 4 hours to get anywhere in alabama (where there are tourneys) so if it takes you 2 days to go to a tournament then I don't know where you are going

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Ok.

First off, the tournament will last the entire day. It will not start on time. It will not end at a reasonable time. If there is a good turn-out, I will be lucky to leave by midnight.

Given that, the day of the tourney is flat out gone for doing anything during. And I have the choice of either traveling more that night and being exhausted or crashing at someone's place in town and driving out the next day.

So given all that, the earliest I'm going to be capable of doing anything regarding schoolwork the following day is around 3 PM.

This is one of the primary reasons why I limit myself to B'ham and Tuscaloosa tourneys in general. It doesn't help that I'm usually the only Tuscaloosa local who is making the drive.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I completely agree with munkus, tournaments destroy my free time/study time

The last few semesters I could get away with wasting weekends and practicing up some during the week

This semester I have very nearly zero leniency with my schedule, and it's only going to get worse.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fun fact: the only people who actually quit playing are those that don't care enough to post about it.
I was going to post and say that I'm quitting, but I'm not sure yet.

Maybe I'll wait till I reach 5k posts.

Top Bottom