• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik is fun... when you can play with people that challenge you on a regular basis, and when you have the money to travel to tournaments. I have neither.

Hopefully no one saw my edit.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Unfortunately after AUSOM, I feel like I have even less of an idea of where everyone in the state stands now.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Unfortunately after AUSOM, I feel like I have even less of an idea of where everyone in the state stands now.
Lol, I know what you mean. Cheap did really well, but he's quitting the brawl scene =(

Elev8 is now #2 in my opinion. If he keeps this up, I'd put him at #1. We haven't had anyone to challenge Reflex's spot in a long time; this should be interesting.

Billy is still top 3 material imo. He's consistently top 5, even when Big Lou and Kismet are there.

George, I think you've proved that you're not out of the game yet. 3 stocking Billy is no small feat.

Other than that, these last few tournaments have me utterly confused where the rankings are concerned.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I will challenge Reflex for the #1 spot ....dum dum dummmm

*crawls back into the hole he came from*

oh and Cam don't sell yourself short you placed really well for a person who isn't on the current power ranking

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Elev8 is now #2 in my opinion. If he keeps this up, I'd put him at #1. We haven't had anyone to challenge Reflex's spot in a long time; this should be interesting.
You're crazy. 's no way my older brother is as good as I am. He hard counters the other major force at our tournaments via character, and has the ability to avoid me completely in brackets. That doesn't make him a better player by any means.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
lol the salt is strong with this one.... but Reflex the tournament was set up so you both would not meet each other in tourney because you, kismet, and Elev8 are basically from the same city so we didn't want you guys getiing each other out in tourney, it was set up like that for everyone in tournament, but somehow it still happened lol

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Some of you aren't really understanding that placings =/= true skill level.

It all depends on who you beat and who you DON'T beat. Sure, matchups can play into that, but that doesn't really mean you are necessarily better than that particular person.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
And when you say challenge Reflex's #1 spot, are you talking in the PRs, or in skill? Cuz in reality it's actually just:

"Hmmm we already know Reflex is most likely #1. Let's go ahead and put that down. Then after we figure about 2-5, let's draw names out of a hat to see who fills the rest of the list."

Not to really bring down Elev8's win, I'm just necessarily saying this based on the posts above.

Just being real.

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol the salt is strong with this one.... but Reflex the tournament was set up so you both would not meet each other in tourney because you, kismet, and Elev8 are basically from the same city so we didn't want you guys getiing each other out in tourney, it was set up like that for everyone in tournament, but somehow it still happened lol
Or you can ask elev8 who will tell you exactly what reflex just said

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
You're crazy. 's no way my older brother is as good as I am. He hard counters the other major force at our tournaments via character, and has the ability to avoid me completely in brackets. That doesn't make him a better player by any means.
Well, I was referring to the FUTURE, ok?! I mean that he's gotten a lot better and could start to challenge your #1 spot. I didn't say he's better than you right now. Chill out. Srsly.

Also, character johns can only go so far. Eventually, if he keeps beating Big Lou and Kismet, we're going to have to admit he's good.

Can't a guy get excited that there might be some real competition for first at these tournaments instead of you and Calvin winning them all?

EDIT: I guess I should have worded it better the first time. It was 1 in the morning though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know, and it was unavoidable. I'm not upset at anyone for it--You can only separate three people in a tournament so much (though I think we also had Billy and George on the same side, which is less than desirable).

As an aside, I'm really sick of the word "salt." It's fine by itself, but it appears to be the only word that many people can use to describe another. Makes me want to punch people sometimes. 's just me, though.

Well, I was referring to the FUTURE, ok?! I mean that he's gotten a lot better and could start to challenge your #1 spot. I didn't say he's better than you right now. Chill out. Srsly.

Also, character johns can only go so far. Eventually, if he keeps beating Big Lou and Kismet, we're going to have to admit he's good.

Can't a guy get excited that there might be some real competition for first at these tournaments instead of you and Calvin winning them all?

EDIT: I guess I should have worded it better the first time. It was 1 in the morning though.
I called you crazy because I am adamant about the fact that my older brother isn't as good as me. I'm not suggesting that he isn't a good player, by any means, and I'm not angry, by any means.

He's not going to challenge my number one spot--I can guarantee you that.

You're welcome to get excited about my older brother's potential challenge of my spot. I'm just saying that you're gonna get disappointed. :laugh:

You'll find that my confidence/ego is really strong, hence my current avatar.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I wasn't going to say that Elev8 was ready to challenge reflex yet, but dang son.

I agree, "salt" isn't the right word. Bitter is appropriate.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
im gonna come and wreck all you ***tards so dont worry about it

if anyone knows how good elev8 is, though, its his brother.

Well see whats poppin at the next MLG they all go to though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I consider it poor taste to demean a person who has worked hard to become skilled at a game and who has received recent success by saying "No way are they as good as me."

No need to dash in the thread to your own rescue and be so rude to your own brother. Who, I may remind everyone, is the greatest.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I consider it poor taste to demean a person who has worked hard to become skilled at a game and who has received recent success by saying "No way are they as good as me."

No need to dash in the thread to your own rescue and be so rude to your own brother. Who, I may remind everyone, is the greatest.
I have to keep everyone in line. This is the way of things.

Honestly, I'm glad for him, but I am the greatest. I don't mean to demean him--I just mean to talk myself up, because I love myself with all my heart.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Nope, I'm sorry but elev8 is the greatest.

I have determined this through scientific methods.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Wow~ just saw this thread... I LOVE THE HYPE! BELIEVE THE HYPE! I AM FOR REAL XDDD my brother is a better player than i am, there is no denying it. However, i can guarantee that i have played this game far more than anyone else in AL. I have worked hard to get better at the game, and that is in a multitude of aspects. From bettering my di, to learning new characters, to better understanding matchups, to playing for HOURS on wifi (because i couldn't play with anyone else ;( I can see that the work is paying off. I still have to beat my brother in at least 1 tournament set before ppl really start going buck wild crazy, but i see that as another step to get better. And really guys my brother is tooooooo afraid of that Ksizzle tornado strategy aka: I PLAY TO WIN SON! ;) <3 my brother and lol at him trashing me on here ;)

Winnar

Smash Lord

Needed to be said.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Alabama deserves to have someone modest as hell like Elev8 at the top as opposed to the current lame duck. Elev8, I am now rooting for you.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I ain't trolling.

What's this trolling nonsense.

I am dropping truth bombs, son.

And Reflex just got Hiroshimowned.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Alabama deserves to have someone modest as hell like Elev8 at the top as opposed to the current lame duck. Elev8, I am now rooting for you.
Perhaps if I'm a villain, people will be spurred to excellence.

He'll never get above me.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Elev8 and I have agreed that Elev8 has never beaten me in a tourney set or money-match.

This shows the Elev8 is both a gentleman and a scholar.

"But Munkus!" you may proclaim. "What about that one time at Zero's place?"

To which I respond, "My child, Elev8 is both wise and humble. We played on a television that made it practically impossible to view what was going on. Half the screen was covered in white static. Elev8 announced later that there was no victory to be had on that TV, that no match played on it should be counted for the records of time."

You see, Elev8 cares about the truth. He is willing to let his record suffer in order to propigate the just and righteous telling of history.

Would Reflex grant the same concession?

I think not.

ELEV8 FOR BEST AROUND 2010

Winnar

Smash Lord
Elev8 and I have agreed that Elev8 has never beaten me in a tourney set or money-match.

This shows the Elev8 is both a gentleman and a scholar.

"But Munkus!" you may proclaim. "What about that one time at Zero's place?"

To which I respond, "My child, Elev8 is both wise and humble. We played on a television that made it practically impossible to view what was going on. Half the screen was covered in white static. Elev8 announced later that there was no victory to be had on that TV, that no match played on it should be counted for the records of time."

You see, Elev8 cares about the truth. He is willing to let his record suffer in order to propigate the just and righteous telling of history.

Would Reflex grant the same concession?

I think not.

ELEV8 FOR BEST AROUND 2010
I'd vote for him

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Oh hey, I just noticed that George beat Billy at AUSOM.

Dang, son.

And has Will_ been to a major Alabama tourney in recent memory?

Top Bottom