• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Other than DanGR, what are your other dislikes?
Honestly, it's hard to say. I mean, I think people have been playing a huge game of rock paper scissors here. Elev8 beats Kismet, Kismet beats Reflex, Reflex beats Elev8. Billy beats Munkus who beat Dan, but Billy lost to George whom Dan usually beats. You and Slam beat me at That Ain't Falco, but I beat Slam back at AUSOM. Cheap also beat Slam at AUSOM and beat you at Jungle Beatdown in brackets. But I beat Cheap in crews, and you beat me...AHHH! It's an evil cycle. Everyone is just really close in skill but some have been more active or have better tournament results to back them up, which will put them over the top.

Also, I'm not sure that I'd put Zero Gamer on there, not to rule him out completely. Looking back at brackets from That Ain't Falco and AUSOM, he only beat one person in each tournament. He got a few byes that put him higher up on the placings. No offense Zero, you know you have my respect as a great player :) It may be that he does better at other tournaments that I don't know about.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
@That Ain't Falco

Beat Artdude 2-0
Lost to Biglou 1-2
Beat Nice1 2-0
Beat DanGR 2-0
Lost to Billy 0-2

Like it matters really.

I'm too inactive.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Ok well maybe AUSOM DID change my list a little. I had Serin on there because two big tournaments would have done it for him but meh whatever lol
1.Reflex
2.Elev8 - a solid number 2 pick at this point. He's consistently beating really good players
3.Billy -------
4.Will_ ------}These three slots are interchangeable
5.George --

--------------This is where it gets tough

6.Kola - 6th or 7th
7.Munkus - 8th
8.Slam - maybe 10th
9.DanGR - no idea; I'd personally remove him for inactivity
10.Zero - 6th or 7th
Cheap - 9th
Cam - maybe 10th

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
@That Ain't Falco

Beat Artdude 2-0
Lost to Biglou 1-2
Beat Nice1 2-0
Beat DanGR 2-0
Lost to Billy 2-0

Like it matters really.

I'm too inactive.
^^^^^Shows why my opinion shouldn't matter. I don't know everyone.

Looking back, you still got 5th at That Ain't Falco, having gone through Dan. You are definitely good enough. I don't know how many tournaments you've been to.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
But then again, people were calling character johns for DanGR, even though he went MK on his CP which iirc was Delfino.

I can't EXACTLY remember what character he used first game, but I know he used MK second game.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Double post but w/e.

If we are counting MMs:

3-1'ed(?) Billy in a $5 MM @ TAF and 2-0'ed him in a $1 MM at Halloween Bash back in Nov'
3-1'ed Elev8 in a $5 MM @ TAF
0-3'ed by Biglou in a $5 MM @ TAF
2-3'ed by NickRiddle in a $5 MM @ Halloween Bash back in Nov'
0-3'ed by Chaz and Seibrik both in a $5 MM @ Halloween Bash
2-1'ed DanGR in a $1 MM @ Halloween Bash
1-2'ed by DanGR in a rematch $1 MM at Halloween Bash

EDIT: 2-1'ed Zero in a $5 MM @ TAF

Just more useless info :x

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm

Well if Cheap changes his mind then yes I'd certainly put him up on the newer list.
Serin could replace Dan, yes I could see that, and I'd put him 8th if anything, putting Slam at 9th.

If there's going to be a tournament at TCS in May, depending on the date I think it's turnout wont be enough to really iron out some of these details.

Updated List
1.Reflex
2.Elev8
3.Billy
4.Will_
*I need more debates on 3 and 4*
5.George

*debates on 6-10, would be nice too*
6.Kola
7.Munkus
8.Serin
9.Slam
10.Zero_Gamer

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I forgot my MM with Zero :x

EDIT: Anything, wait for another tourney like TAF to really resolve any disputes.

Tourneys with not alot of competitions and easy brackets don't really help boost anything except placings.

And even the the placings wouldn't really be consistent with here-and-there tourneys.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I think a tournament with pools would solve a lot of these issues, but pools requires a tournament with a decent attendance.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Where would you guys rather be in terms of traveling and whatnot?

EDIT: And $5 MMs or higher should count towards the PR itself.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
When it comes to trying to get higher attendances at tourneys, where would you guys wanna be that ISN'T a stretch to get to, but far enough where better players can go to as well.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
When it comes to trying to get higher attendances at tourneys, where would you guys wanna be that ISN'T a stretch to get to, but far enough where better players can go to as well.
Montgomery and Birmingham are pretty much the center of the state, and as such, the most accessible cities, within 3 hours of driving from pretty much anywhere that's populated.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Birmingham needs to set up a National tourney, there is a usable venue in Ensley that some guy pointed out.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I think a tournament with pools would solve a lot of these issues, but pools requires a tournament with a decent attendance.
AUSOM and TCS both have had pools.

And five dollars should be the minimum for counting money matches.

Playing for a Coke isn't exactly high stakes.

Playing for a nice sandwich, however...mmm...

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Your hilarious post became my new sig.

Below Gnes, that is.
yeah, I'm sure you know all about how creating and hyping large tournaments works...

And as for my current thoughts on the what the list should be:

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. Elev8
4. Bill_
5. George
6. Kola
7. Dangr
8. Zero
9 - 10. Serin/Cam ?

Also, its really sad that we only have like 13 players in AL that play. We should think about combining our community with Georgia's (the PR and probably make a brawl thread for AL+GA), IMO. Tournament attendance would rise in both states, and maybe the community would be better again. Only downside I see is more traveling. Of course, GA would need to agree with that.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
But... who wants to come to the place with more STDs and racists than anywhere else in the South (other than Mississippi)

EDIT: Cheap, we played back at MBSI. But that was a good while ago, I'm sure things have changed.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ummm.... I can name 5 people here in AU who go to tournaments regularly, not counting the one's in Auburn.

EDIT: AUSOM didn't have pools; That Ain't Falco did though.

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
I could see a national tourney in AL, but it would take Birmingham, Auburn, Mobile, Huntsville/Madison to pull it off.....who's up for this challenge, I am

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I could see a national tourney in AL, but it would take Birmingham, Auburn, Mobile, Huntsville/Madison to pull it off.....who's up for this challenge, I am
Ok Levi, go make 300 posters and put them on campuses around the country.

Make sure the 300 posters say "Tonight, we dine in HELL!"

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
My andecdotal evidence suggests that Kola is very good against playing Metaknights, but not so well when compared to the other players who are around him on the tier list in a direct competition.

Does that sound corrrect?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Lol Munkus.

Hey, I want to play you again! I need MK practice. Billy is no good with MK, and I almost never get to play good ones.

EDIT: Although I got to play Ragnarok at the last tournament...

<3 Rag

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, its really sad that we only have like 13 players in AL that play.
Yeah, I WONDER what happened...

For the record, I don't even know how to play this game anymore. I think it'd be cool to let some new blood in on the rankings.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hm, I thought he had lost to both Slam and Zero during either bracket or MMs during T-A-F, but I guess they were friendlies or the 'crew placement' thing. I also can't recall whether Dan was using MK during pools or Olimar. I know he used MK against me in pools and Olimar in brackets.

I was just thinking that Kola is much better against MKs than he is against other characters around his positioning on the tier list (6, 7, 8).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dan used MK and Oli against me in Pools.

Pretty much I just have a hard time with Lucario, and I haven't had the best luck with Slam in any of my competitive matches. Just something about letting the stress get to me and whatnot I don't know. I just gotta be more patient and think and then I'd reach that step that I need to become a better Marth in general.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used MK, Oli, and Sheik in pools. I didn't feel like I was doing well enough that day to place in the money so I went Sheik a little bit throughout the brackets to get some practice- otherwise I would have played MK the whole time, because you can learn to play him and get in the money at the same time, which was my goal.

Wait, why's any of this matter anyways? It shouldn't be the toon I used. It's me, yah know, the player? If I sandbagged or w/e then that's my fault. All this "HE DIDNT DO HIS BEST ON THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN, YO!" is silly.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Because I'm not trying to gauge your skill, I'm trying to gauge someone else who played you.

Top Bottom