• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I found out that there is no waba tourney on the 16th. I wouldn't even be able to make it to waba's monthly if they had it because I wouldn't have a ride.

If Reflex is going to Zero's tourney and is willing to drive me (and possibly Cam???) I'll go.

Edit: Seeing as this tourney is dedicated to the professional smasher will_ and his apprentice amateur smasher Bill_, I have to go represent.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
If you could make brawl earlier, then i would have a better chance of coming. Now that my girlfriend is a teacher, she does not approve of me playing brawl in the wii hours of the night...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You'll be there

Billy will be there

Reflex will be there

Elev8 will be there

end of discussion.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I dunno, Winnar's been playing Brawl with me a pretty good bit over break....

Winnar

Smash Lord
Am I seeing things? Or did Cam just imply that he's interested?

Now if only Winnar said he was interested too.
Fix'd

lol I legit have a reason I can't go to this

I'm going to be 4 hours away getting my car serviced in new orleans :(

I dunno, Winnar's been playing Brawl with me a pretty good bit over break....
lol because you don't play any other smash game

Ryan should definitely come & team with me!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO:

Dude that would have been so awesome! Let's plan for next time and definitely do it :D

What team would we do? DOUBLE ICE CLIMBERS? LOL

Winnar

Smash Lord
Of course! It's 4 on 2, our opponents wouldn't stand a chance :laugh:
Dude the CHAINGRABS

Just stand in front of popo and dthrow and then you have like 3 IC's ready to catch XD

Also I guess my chances of going to this aren't zero anymore. My parents texted me telling me they canceled the car servicing so...yeah I guess I'm open that weekend.

We'll see D:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

K now make ride plans and then we'll all be good.

Hey Billy do me a favor, ask Wuffy if he's bringing his friend that went last time and Dark M3T.

do you guys think George, T1J, and Nu will come?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Sure. When I meet them at Auburn, I'll be sure to ask if they want to go.

This tourney is going to be fun! :) :) :)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I told my girlfriend about the tournament, so now i'm 90% sure that i'll be coming. I would appreciate it if brawl was earlier, that way i can go see her the same night and be like "see babay; these tournaments don't ALWAYS last so long XD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I agree with Russ, and if it's earlier I can probably drag POC out to play.

V3GA is interested.

Yo Elev8 help me with my ZSS, I wanna use her for doubles.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Thanks man! Did you ever get to pick up Wario Russ?
nope, im not patient enough. I'm probably going to play ZSS as my secondary. She was my secondary when i started brawl, so i'm half decent with her.

Apparently everyone plays zzs now...oh well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's because ZSS is so fun.

I'm going to continue learning her after the 16th, and hopefully have some good progress before the 30th.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just updated the chars
let me know if changes need to be made

billy do you play snake or did you just happen to pull him out a lot at this tourney

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
He plays Snake. :p

I'm leaning more towards MK/Sheik right now, with Oli as a backup till I'm more confident with the first two. Maybe I'll fall in love with Oli again though.

It may not be fair to list me as Sheik yet, though, considering I haven't actually used her to win any really important sets yet. :o

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I've been playing Snake for a while now, so yeah, I guess put Snake as one of my characters.

Dan... Play more Sheik :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Note*

If we do manage to get enough interest to host a tournament in AL the weekend of Herb, I'd like to propose an update to the PR after it.
We've had 5 tournaments in AL. 3 of them being solid enough to gather player data from. We still have Ensley's tournament, something many of us probably wont be attending but eh. NJ's updating so I figured we would too soon.
Added here for importance.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I was just talking with DanGR about how it is literally impossible to get an accurate, objectively determined PR list at this point.

Because everyone keeps beating each other with a wild and random consistency.

EDIT: In this past tourney alone I beat DanGR and Kola in a set. I also lost to DanGR and Kola in a set. Furthermore, I beat Elev8 in a set, who then beat Billy in a set. However, I ended up losing to Billy in a set.

By using the transitive property, we can see that I am both the greatest smasher in the state of Alabama and also the worst.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I was just talking with DanGR about how it is literally impossible to get an accurate, objectively determined PR list at this point.

EDIT: In this past tourney alone I beat DanGR and Kola in a set. I also lost to DanGR and Kola in a set. Furthermore, I beat Elev8 in a set, who then beat Billy in a set. However, I ended up losing to Billy in a set.

By using the transitive property, we can see that I am both the greatest smasher in the state of Alabama and also the worst.
Of course, there has been so many upsets this season it's rather difficult just to pick update it Now. Which is why I said after a tournament in March. Hopefully then we will have the basic idea of who has kept it up consistently. For example, I'm really pulling for Zero Gamer right now, but with the past results we have it really hasn't shown as if he improved.

Edit: Actually does anyone here know how many attended Zero's tournament in January? If it isn't over 16 then I guess we should hold off updating until April.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace

Munkus did beat me in a mm which is starting to make me want to search my options again. I don't know how long i'll be playing d3 for. Look forward to diddy if you ever have to play me in tournament Munkus :bee:

Purple

Hi guys!
There is a way to solve it actually. Whoever loses the most inconsistently is more than likely the worse player. Assuming Elev8 hasn't lost to DanGR, or Kola, His lose to you while bad, isn't as inconsistent to say..you losing to both DanGR and Kola in sets.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Munkus did beat me in a mm which is starting to make me want to search my options again. I don't know how long i'll be playing d3 for. Look forward to diddy if you ever have to play me in tournament Munkus :bee:
You'd do diddy just for little ol' me? Your ice climbers were having some nice success throughout the tourney.

EDIT: And I'm just using myself as an example here. Elev8 didn't play 2 sets against Kola and DanGR (I don't know if he played one).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I beat Elev8 in a mm, but he beat me in pools at Auburn.

I beat Billy in a mm, but then Billy beat me in a mm at Auburn.

I beat George at an Ensley tourney, but George beat me at TCS.

Wtf is going on, so inconsistent.

The skill gap between players in this state is just so small that accurate PRs might be difficult to make, but I definitely don't think the current PRs are right. I didn't think they were right even from the beginning, though.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
If Will doesn't show up to more tournaments with major players like Reflex, Kismet, and BigLou, then I think he should drop a few spots.

No offense Will.

Elev8 really proved that he is a serious contender at this tournament, that he can hold his own and even beat the top players in the region.

I have trouble gaging Zero Gamer right now because the only matches I saw him in were the ones where we were camping each other =( However, if he beat Billy in a set, he must be quite skilled.

And yes, I agree that the competition only makes it more fun and that many players are close in skill-level. I think Kola did great at the Auburn tournament, and I sincerely hope he keeps it up. He lost to Reflex, beat me and Munkus, and then lost to Kismet. I also think he did the best in his pool?

Pikachu needs more kill moves...

Top Bottom