• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Alright

Question to Pika_Cam/previous panelist.
How did you give points?
Did you like pick a handful of smashers and see how all picked the same people and add points that way?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I won't give out my list until after TTSFG.

Also, running tournaments takes a lot of time away from friendlies for me, especially considering that NONE OF YOU GUYS COME TO REGISTER WHEN I TELL YOU TO, ugh.

I still haven't played Janitor, Reflex, Elev8, Billy, Nu, POC, Pika_Cam, or Nice1 in any friendlies/MMs/Brackets.

But I would like to.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Alright

Question to Pika_Cam/previous panelist.
How did you give points?
Did you like pick a handful of smashers and see how all picked the same people and add points that way?
Points?

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've had a long discussion with people about honorable mentions in the past. I stand by what I said then.

You shouldn't put down a person as an honorable mention unless they actually get votes to be on the top 10.

Scourge, Mahg, and Nu all received one vote from a panelist in the last official PR.

My own list, knowing nothing about billy and thus leaving him out completely, is:

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. DanGR
4. George
5. Elev8
6. theBrownScourge
7. Moogle
8. Nice1
8. Janitor
8. Cheap Peach

I'm also leaving myself out, for now, because I'd rather hear what other people have to say about how good I am perceived to be.

I'll post my writeup on the various people in a second...
Points?

I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific.
Oh bah I could have sworn it was you who brought up the points subject, but as I just found out, it was Munkus.
I still don't understand where the "points" are coming from.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Kola, I think you may mean "votes." A vote is when a panelist puts you on their list. That's what Munkus was referring to.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You use a point system in order to determine the rankings after compiling the PR of each panelist.

A 1st place vote is worth 10 points. A 10th place vote is worth 1 point.

You add all the points up and find out who the top ten finishers are.

Anyone who received a vote but did not end up on the top 10 list receives an honorable mention, along with a note that says "Your best just wasn't good enough."

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah ok I get it now do you keep track of the current score?

lol slam I was just confused

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So it should consist of top players who actively go to tournaments and play most of the people in AL right?

hmm I'm not sure how I would state it without being annoying but, <.< it's pretty clear Janitor is done with this..

DanGR
Will_
Munkus

for area reasons

:l I really don't know who to put for the remaining.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
We don't have a nice spread of active players anymore. This will be difficult.

This game is fun. I don't know why so many don't play anymore. *shrugs*

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor blames it on the community and tournaments not being as fun as melee tourneys if im not mistaken.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Sounds to me like Janitor has the wrong mindset about things.

It's only un-fun if you, yourself, think it's un-fun.

The community is not out to self-destruct.

Unless you're on Brawl Discussion Boards.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We don't have a nice spread of active players anymore. This will be difficult.

This game is fun. I don't know why so many don't play anymore. *shrugs*
I would say, why not just let AL itself update without panelist. xD but then that would make it very unprofessional.
I'm looking at the FL PR rules.....Should we follow?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

It would be easier for someone to be an objective panelist if everyone would post their recent tournaments and who they beat/lost to. Almost anyone could be a panelist and help produce an accurate list given that information. This is a courtroom, and it's time to pick our jury. Once we decide it is a group of objective individuals, we present them with all of the arguments and information they need to make an informed decision.

EDIT:

I went back to see who has given this info. So far it's only Munkus, Kola, and Slam. I'm keeping track of it. I would like to see the following people post their stuff:

Brown Scourge
Will
DanGR
George
Moogle
Cheap
Zero Gamer
Elev8
T1J
Billy

I think Reflex is a given for first. Nice1 and I are 7 and 10 cancelled.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'll continue with mine, with updates from yesterday

TCS VI
Beat in pools: Moogle, College student, Duchok, Blake
Bracket: Lost to Will_, Lost to Zero_Gamer

Karate Explosion
Bracket: Lost first round to TheBrownScourge
Won against: CHEAP PEACH, Nu_, -Chad-, TheONEJanitor
Lost: ShaSlam

Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork
Bracket: Lost first round to DanGR
Won against POC
Lost to Moogle

$MM
Lose: Zero_Gamer ($2)

This taste so F*cking good!?
Bracket: Lost first round to Reflex
Lost to Zero_Gamer

$MM
Lost: BiLLy one set against Snake($2), one set with Shiek($1)
Lost: DanGR one set against Olimar ($2)
Won: Elev8 one set against Dedede ($3)

I was hoping to MM the people on PR I've never had a match with since updated PR if I didn't get to play them in the brackets but George, and Munkus were not there.

I'll edit this, with the others I saw in this thread o:
let's see. idk if im being considered anymore or not, but ill say who i faced and beat and lost to at the last two tounraments?

IMPORTANT: i really only consider myself to have improved over the last two tournaments. both at zero's. and i think i understand the game now and am no longer a noob, but at all the tcs's and vulcan's i sucked. so i am not even going to talk about that bull****. :)

i beat aloha, kola, george, scourge, and zero and at karate explosion.
will_ beat me twice.
but i took him to game 5 in the first set of winners. that doesnt really matter though because he beat me overall. blaaaaaaaah.
in teamwork makes the dreamwork i lost to reflex and then cheap.

in pretty much the last 3 tourneys ive been to (except dreamwork) i placed 3rd in doubles.

brackets at dreamwork played a HUGE role in my placing. having to fight reflex first round. but no johns.
scourge has placed more consistantly than me and brackets are random for most part... so yeah scourge > slam obviously.

wellll thats all i got to say about me.
i think danGR could even be 2nd one day.
beat scourge's sister and Dangr and someone else i think?
lost to billy and elev8.

im just keeping my **** updated.

this tourney was mad fun.

so many cool matches.
ShaSlam is clearly getting better. A win against Dan is worth bragging rights, and he beat George in Karate Explosion.
I do like this idea. It would help me in figuring out the defining matches. I believe defining matches to be important, because they can highlight how far a person has come or how they have faltered. Ideally these games would be against other well known PR people, when both players were playing at the top of their game, and/or when there were big stakes involved.

Most Recent Tourney
August 23, 2008; TCS 6:

Beat: George, Vega, elev8 (2-1 set), and Rayku (2-1 set).
Lost to DanGR (2-1 set)

I played either George or Vega in a 2-1 set as well, and I think it was George. I can't remember who I played in the first round, but I think it was Nice1, which I lost in a 2-1 set.
Looking for BiLLy's results and what not

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Wow, that is worth bragging rights. Can you link me to the results page? I want to look at some of the others.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
He hasn't posted the results, :p I posted what I THOUGHT were the results in the tournament thread. I'm rather confident it's at least 85% correct

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think we correcte the only things wrong with the results. so yeah Kola is correct.
way to memorize kola. you will get far in life.
:)

and i think we should refer to billy as Bill_ from now on.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would say, why not just let AL itself update without panelist. xD but then that would make it very unprofessional.
I'm looking at the FL PR rules.....Should we follow?
If you're refering to this thread, then no.

...Or at least I wouldn't support anything like that.

you still beat alot of good people

inb4morebeatingselfup
He's not ranked right now, and I used MK. <_<

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The latest tourney at least helps shape up the list better, just need to know the bracket results.

Copying what MSLano posted:

Brawl
1.Reflex
2.Kismet.
3. BiLLy
4.Elev8
5.ShaSlam
5.DyllianGR
7.Zero_Gamer
7.Cheap Peach
7.TheBrownScourge
9.Kola
9.Sheni
9.TheDarkRitsune
13.wuffy

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm I may have been able to remember the results, I doubt I can remember the bracket though :/ we'll have to wait until Zero_Gamer for this one

@Dan- Actually you going Meta actually puzzled me, I thought MK was the solution if you tried Oli the first round. Plus wasn't that like your first serious match of the day? And like Cam said, after our update HE should be in the list. He and BiLLy has done enough since the last update to secure themselves in replacing our two cancelled players Nice1 (</3 this guy is so cool, I wish he had time for us) and Pika_Cam (I've been wandering for the longest time, are you Kalm?).

nice1

Smash Lord
i think i would hav time for u guys with a bigger turn out either that or catch me on SF4 or when super comes out

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh wait, you've always only like high turnout tournaments. xD No wonder you haven't been down here, how'd I forget that.

Actually after watching a SF IV stream today, I'm rather eager to get into SF competitively, and I'm gonna learn Blazblue too.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude... i always wonder where kalm went... he was my boy... i really seriously hope he didnt die.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Kalm is probably just swamped with irl stuff.

and i think we should refer to billy as Bill_ from now on.
We had a running joke going on at TCS6 that Billy was my apprentice and will one day be honored with an _ in front of his name.

Top Bottom