• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Who else did you lose to? I'm assuming TCS is still double elimination.

EDIT: Oh, did you say it was Nice1?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I lost in the first round, and I am pretty sure it was to Nice1 in a 2-1 set. I can't say for certain without the actual brackets.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ok, after everyone posts their list of stuff, I may make a giant list that has a system like this:

MUNKUS BEAVER

Recent tournaments: TCS 6
Recent victories: George, Vega, Elev8, and Rayku
Recent defeats: DanGR, Nice1

EDIT: Also, as much as people may rely on friendlies to tell how good someone is, we really should not take friendlies into account. Friendlies are friendlies and they don't mean anything because they are not accompanied by the pressure of a tournament. Some people do worse with that pressure, and some people do better.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Pools should matter too, though I had completely forgotten about them. I went undefeated (2-0 in each set) in my pool at TCS 6, which featured JMIX and Elev8. I will note that while Janitor was in my pool, I did not play him due to time constraints.

And yeah, friendlies mean squat. They are practice settings with low to no pressure. ( And I do notoriously better in tourney matches than in friendlies) >.>

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
let's see. idk if im being considered anymore or not, but ill say who i faced and beat and lost to at the last two tounraments?

IMPORTANT: i really only consider myself to have improved over the last two tournaments. both at zero's. and i think i understand the game now and am no longer a noob, but at all the tcs's and vulcan's i sucked. so i am not even going to talk about that bull****. :)

i beat aloha, kola, george, scourge, and zero and at karate explosion.
will_ beat me twice.
but i took him to game 5 in the first set of winners. that doesnt really matter though because he beat me overall. blaaaaaaaah.
in teamwork makes the dreamwork i lost to reflex and then cheap.

in pretty much the last 3 tourneys ive been to (except dreamwork) i placed 3rd in doubles.

brackets at dreamwork played a HUGE role in my placing. having to fight reflex first round. but no johns.
scourge has placed more consistantly than me and brackets are random for most part... so yeah scourge > slam obviously.

wellll thats all i got to say about me.
i think danGR could even be 2nd one day.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I think it is harder for me to be considered for a promotion, because i haven't played in AL for awhile. The last tournaments i have been to have been in GA, but i did come in 2nd at smash or die beating Calvin, Scatt, and Neo X in tournament. (all of which are on the GA pr).

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Uh...

TCS VI
Only accomplishment there was beating Moogle

Karate Explosion
Beat: Cheap Peach, Nu_, TheONEJanitor, -Chad-
Lost: TheBrownScourge, ShaSlam

TeamWork Makes The Dreamwork
Beat: POC
Lost: DanGR, Moogle

Great idea PikaCam

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the people i have faced i must say that i enjoy the matches with Will_ the most. Its a crazy intense battle of wits. Its a match that is determined by superior spacing and mindgames. He keeps winning but i know i give him a hell of a hard time doing it

Winnar

Smash Lord
Out of all the people i have faced i must say that i enjoy the matches with Will_ the most. Its a crazy intense battle of wits. Its a match that is determined by superior spacing and mindgames. He keeps winning but i know i give him a hell of a hard time doing it
You give him a harder time than I do.

Did.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
haha yeah. in tcs6 or something i went undefeated in my pool.
except Will_ 2-0'd me.
i think aloha, scourge, winnar, and zigsta were in my pool.

elev8 and serin might as well be GA. :/

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Uh...

TCS VI
Only accomplishment there was beating Moogle

Karate Explosion
Beat: Cheap Peach, Nu_, TheONEJanitor, -Chad-
Lost: TheBrownScourge, ShaSlam

TeamWork Makes The Dreamwork
Beat: POC
Lost: DanGR, Moogle

Great idea PikaCam
Well, it will only work if everyone else joins in.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
elev8 might as well be GA. :/
nuh uh ******. I just go to tournaments as they are convenient for me. I work my tournament schedule around school and girlfiend. Lately i've been able to go to more GA tournaments, but that does not remove me from AL my friend :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
nuh uh ******. I just go to tournaments as they are convenient for me. I work my tournament schedule around school and girlfiend. Lately i've been able to go to more GA tournaments, but that does not remove me from AL my friend :)
Yeah I was thinking the same. Plus you go to a lot of AL tournaments that are kind of far away from you, which imo is pretty cool.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I know it may have been a typo, but it made me laugh when you said "girlfiend" :D

_Keno_

Smash Lord
haha yeah. in tcs6 or something i went undefeated in my pool.
except Will_ 2-0'd me.
i think aloha, scourge, winnar, and zigsta were in my pool.
Aloha was in my pool at that tourny, I believe. (was that the most recent one?)

I lost to Will_ in pools and brackets, Dangr in pools, and Elev8 in brackets. Was a fun tourny though.

We need bigger tournies like that one. Everyone come to Zero's next weekend!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Did we decide on a (possibly new) panel? I'd like this to be updated to give people a new reason to improve.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We need to keep this momentum going! Keep posting, everyone!
xD someone else is enjoyng this?

Did we decide on a (possibly new) panel? I'd like this to be updated to give people a new reason to improve.
I made a suggestion earlier for one, but yea we would have to wait on opinions of previous panelist to see if they want a new group. :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude.

hugo, eagletrent, reflex, and Dingle for new panel?

i like it.
so is it decided?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So like, this weekend xD we should update this. We won't have a big tournament before the end of the year so we may have to update knowing this. Right guys, right?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It would help if more people being considered for the list itself posted up their recent records against well known bama players, like Cam suggested.

I'd like to at least hear about Billy's record, since he's the apparent up and comer.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've posted mine, Slam posted his
we're waiting on BiLLy, Zero_Gamer, and Cheap

honestly by seeing who Slam beat, and BiLLy's progress, of late

They could easily replace our two Cancelled PR members Nice1 and Cam

As for Cheap and Zero_Gamer I think that they'll most likely outrank me.
I've only beat Cheap because of how unfair the matchup is for his Peach, and as for Zero_Gamer I've lost to him at TCS VI, in a MM at Karate Explosion, and another MM that was dropped because of the amazingly gay action Lylat pulled on me, he still deserved it though.

I'm
0-1 with Slam with normal Brawl
0-3 with Zero_Gamer
1-0 Cheap Peach
I've lost a ton of friendlies with BiLLy

PR
Haven't played Reflex
0-1 to Will
Haven't played George since Updated PR
0-1 DanGR
Lost friendlies to Elev8
1-1 Moogle
7 cancelled
8 haven't played Munkus
9 1-0
10 cancelled

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I've only beat Cheap because of how unfair the matchup is for his Peach.
Meh, matchups should be no excuse for losing since I could have switched characters in the 3rd game. Its a lack of skill on my part that I dont have secondaries.

I am seeking revenge though :grrr: (MM if we don't fight in the tourny).

lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Meh, matchups should be no excuse for losing since I could have switched characters in the 3rd game. Its a lack of skill on my part that I dont have secondaries.

I am seeking revenge though :grrr: (MM if we don't fight in the tourny).

lol
alright! I'll be up for it. :bee:

So, I have
Elev8,
Zero
CHEAP

for MM's

Dan I wanna MM your Oli o:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awesome, and hey will you be there around time brawl starts? Or will you be there early to partake in Melee?

Oh and hey Janitor/George are you still wanting to be a panelist?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome, and hey will you be there around time brawl starts? Or will you be there early to partake in Melee?

Oh and hey Janitor/George are you still wanting to be a panelist?
Probably just Brawl this time. ;/

edit: Guys, any more talk about this upcoming tournament should be brought to the actual tournament thread.

Top Bottom