• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Nice1 hasn't gone to many tourneys.

Same with Moogle o.o (not that I know of)

Munkus Beaver too...
Moogle was spotted at Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork

Nice1 has been inactive but he stated why earlier in this thread

Munkus Beaver, xD he's not dead tournaments just fall on the same days as important Alabama Football games

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
lol inorite <.<

1: TheReflexWonder

2: Will_

3: George

4. DanGR

5: Elev8

6: BiLLy

7: Munkus Beaver

8: Nice1

9: T1j

10: Moogle

Discuss
It's hard to judge when I don't know what tournaments most of these people have been to recently. Based on what I know, here's what I think.

I agree that Reflex and Will_ are pretty safe right now.
George should not be number 3 anymore. It should be Elev8 or Dan.
That actually sounds about right for Billy.
Moogle has been pretty inactive lately.
I should indeed be taken off.
Scourge might be number 10.

What tournaments has everyone been to recently, and how did they do? #8-10 on your list I thought were pretty inactive.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I have less than zero knowledge about who billy is so I can't comment on him at all.

I'd put Moogle ahead of T1J, based on how well they perform at tourneys. Moogle tends to be more consistent.

I'd consider putting Scourge ahead of both of them. He had a good string a tourneys from what I recall, play well under pressure, and won matches where he was heavily disfavored.

I'd put DanGR ahead of George at this point. Again, Dan has shown more composure and consistency in a tourney setting in the more recent ones I've seen. If I had to put it up to a head to head (which is a nice way to deal with tiebreakers), I'd put money on Dan.

EDIT: I will almost never go to tourneys during the fall season. I rarely went to them last year. I haven't actually played much brawl due to my health issues, school, and football.

I tend to get back into a swing of things in the spring and then come out swinging in the summer months. The last tourney I went to was in...September? August? It wasn't that long ago, and it was one of the largest ones we've had in the state of Bama.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's hard to judge when I don't know what tournaments most of these people have been to recently. Based on what I know, here's what I think.

I agree that Reflex and Will_ are pretty safe right now.
George should not be number 3 anymore. It should be Elev8 or Dan.
That actually sounds about right for Billy.
Moogle has been pretty inactive lately.
I should indeed be taken off.
Scourge might be number 10.

What tournaments has everyone been to recently, and how did they do? #8-10 on your list I thought were pretty inactive.
I have less than zero knowledge about who billy is so I can't comment on him at all.

I'd put Moogle ahead of T1J, based on how well they perform at tourneys. Moogle tends to be more consistent.

I'd consider putting Scourge ahead of both of them. He had a good string a tourneys from what I recall, play well under pressure, and won matches where he was heavily disfavored.

I'd put DanGR ahead of George at this point. Again, Dan has shown more composure and consistency in a tourney setting in the more recent ones I've seen. If I had to put it up to a head to head (which is a nice way to deal with tiebreakers), I'd put money on Dan.

Finally! xD Dan keeps saying I'm overrating him because on my past 3 lists I posted I put him ahead of George! George is pretty legit though, I want to see him play against Elev8 :p

@ Munkus :[ see why didn't you be this awesome when I pm'd these to you.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
What? You sent me a bunch of tourney results, and I fired back the inaccuracies of them and the inconsistencies.

I'm more concerned about the logical system that you use in order to determine the placings than who you put in the placings themselves, so I wanted to make sure you had the most accurate data.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@Munkus- D: there was a list at the bottom of that PM, you must not have seen it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
@Munkus- D: there was a list at the bottom of that PM, you must not have seen it.
I'm more concerned about the logical system that you use in order to determine the placings than who you put in the placings themselves
Plus it's not as productive to just talk about the placings in a private place like PMs when we're just brainstorming. Here it's more productive to talk about opinions an such.

Like munkus for godking tier.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Plus it's not as productive to just talk about the placings in a private place like PMs when we're just brainstorming. Here it's more productive to talk about opinions an such.

Like munkus for godking tier.
Oh nice point, well having that we're starting to run with this again when are we planning on bumping off inactive players?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
<.< No flame, and I'll post, k?

So what do you guys think of BiLLy(Stealth)? Anyone else agree he too could be on this thing?
and honestly dude, talking like that is how i get my opinion across, i guess i just do so in a very prude manner compared to most people. it's not me flaming. if i flame, i will start to crack "yo mamma" jokes.
then you will know.
it's on.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Has Cheap and Scourge ever played against each other? I don't think i've ever seen them play against one another. I know Cheap has played Scourge's sister, but not Scourge...

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so that cute brunette at TCS6 was scourge's sister?

Why am I the last person to know about these things?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wait, so that cute brunette at TCS6 was scourge's sister?

Why am I the last person to know about these things?
That Peach player? I think I've seen her at Vulcan Gamebox tournament at one time too if it's the same girl I'm thinking of.

Edit: And uh they've probably done a friendly, but I don't recall seeing them have a tournament match against each other lately.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Dat Peach player?
fix'd

Also I'm pretty sure they haven't played in tournament but they've been to many tournaments together.

Also also I think I've played scourge in pools or in bracket every time we've both been in the same tournament. He keeps surprising me and I don't know why I never see it coming.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Karate Explosion Results:
Brawl Singles
1: Will_ ($51.00)
2: ShaSLAM ($25.50)
3: TheBrownScourge ($8.50)
4: Kola
5: Chad
5: George
7: TheONEJanitor
7: Zero_Gamer
9: Nu
9: Aloha
9: General Mills
9: Reimeii
13: Cheap Peach
13: Blake
13: Derp
13: POC
17: Yared

Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork results:
Brawl Singles:
1: Reflex ($42.00)
2: Kismet ($12.00)
3: Billy ($6.00)
4: DanGR
5: Moogle
5: Zero_Gamer
7: Kola
7: Cheap
9: POC
9: Vega
9: ShaSlLAM
13: Xeedoc

~I think that Scourge has placed consistently in the tournaments that he attends to be put at the 9 or 10 spot.
~ Nice 1 needs to be taken off because he does not play anymore, there is no question of whether he would be on if he did play, because he's pretty good, but he has no interest for the game and doesnt go to tournaments.
~Who did George play at Karate Explosion? George is a beast, but i think that he is no longer #3, because he hasn't been as active. With this said, he has expressed interest in getting back into smash and will probably make me regret saying this, but as of now i think he is #5.
~ What about Jason? Does anyone think he should be 10 or am I alone on that one? How well did Zero place at the last TCS?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd like to see how my brother or Dan would fare against Will now. Has that matchup come up in recent times?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'd like to see how my brother or Dan would fare against Will now. Has that matchup come up in recent times?
The last time i played Will in tournament was at the last Vulcan Gamebox tournament (he beat me 2-1, game 1 was Yoshi vs. DK I GOT WRECKED), so much for suttle parenthesis :laugh: I'd like to play Will now, and see how he would do against my ics OR YOSHI :chuckle:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Karate Explosion Results:
Brawl Singles
1: Will_ ($51.00)
2: ShaSLAM ($25.50)
3: TheBrownScourge ($8.50)
4: Kola :D
5: Chad
5: George
7: TheONEJanitor
7: Zero_Gamer
9: Nu
9: Aloha
9: General Mills
13: Cheap Peach
13: Blake
13: Derp
13: POC
17: Yared

Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork results:
Brawl Singles:
1: Reflex ($42.00)
2: Kismet ($12.00)
3: Billy ($6.00)
4: DanGR
5: Moogle
5: Zero_Gamer
7: Kola
7: Cheap
9: POC
9: Vega
9: ShaSlLAM
13: Xeedoc

~I think that Scourge has placed consistently in the tournaments that he attends to be put at the 9 or 10 spot.
~ Nice 1 needs to be taken off because he does not play anymore, there is no question of whether he would be on if he did play, because he's pretty good, but he has no interest for the game and doesnt go to tournaments.
As cool as Nice1 is and how bad I'd feel to take him off, I'll have to agree.

~Who did George play at Karate Explosion? George is a beast, but i think that he is no longer #3, because he hasn't been as active. With this said, he has expressed interest in getting back into smash and will probably make me regret saying this, but as of now i think he is #5

O.o George has been active, he went to TCS, Karate Explosion, and appeared for doubles at Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork.
He played Will and Slam at Karate Explosion
Probably not #3, but isn't far from it. :p.

~ What about Jason? Does anyone think he should be 10 or am I alone on that one? How well did Zero place at the last TCS?
Singles at TCS VI
1. Kismet2 (Falco)
2. BigLou (Luigi)
3. DanGR (Olimar, MK)
4. munkus beaver (MK)
5. Rayku (Lucario)
5. Will_ (DK, MK)
7. elev8 (ZSS, DDD)
7. The Brown Scourge (Bowser)
9. Zero Gamer (Lucario)
9. V3GA (MK)
9. Cheap (Peach)
9. nice1 (Snake)
13. Kola (Marth)
13. George (Kirby)
13. moogle (Fox)
13. JMIX (Mario)

That tournament had some mad difficult matches straight out of pools haha. but year there you go

Edit: Btw we've had like 2 small tournaments that we've had since TCS. I think it's a little early to call inactivity flags for people who missed one or both of them.
Nice1 openly admitted he wont be as active though :l

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wait TCS4? That tournament happened SO long ago.

Edit - Oh you mean TCS6 don't you?

Edit 2 - Wait what? What TCS was that? O_o

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
The only ones I feel super comfortable about placements are:

1: TheReflexWonder
2: Will_
3: DanGR

I do not know how George has been faring lately, I do not know who this up and comer Billy is, and I think that I am, of course, godking munkus.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Well, since Dan has expressed many times how apathetic he is about PRs, let's just make him #99. We don't need even #11-98 =)

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Has Cheap and Scourge ever played against each other? I don't think i've ever seen them play against one another. I know Cheap has played Scourge's sister, but not Scourge...
I have never faced Cheap, at all. Neither in a friendly match nor tournament set.
To whomever it was that said it, yeah, she has been to a Vulcan tourney before

nice1

Smash Lord
o yea yall can take me off or knock me down it don't matter. i might show up to a tourney here and there to say hi

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I have never faced Cheap, at all. Neither in a friendly match nor tournament set.
To whomever it was that said it, yeah, she has been to a Vulcan tourney before
yeah, we've never played.

I have a feeling I would get whooped since he places higher than me consistantly and his sister plays peach. :urg:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Seven is now seven cancelled

New List: Based on opinions from community

1. The Reflex Wonder .:pt: :wolf: :falcon:

2. Professional Will Underscore :metaknight: :dk2:

3. DanGr ::olimar: :popo: :metaknight:

4. Elev8 :dedede: :yoshi2: :popo:

5. George :kirby2:

6. Funsize BiLLy :shiek:

7. Godking MunkusBeaver :metaknight:

8. TheBrownScourge :bowser2:

9. Moogle :fox:

10. TheONEJanitor :snake:

Honorable Mentions:

CHEAP PEACH :peach:

ShaSlam :wario:

Zero_Gamer :lucario:

Looks nice huh? I didn't get recommended :p so I didn't put myself in Honorable mentions.
I'm not sure if Evel8 has played George recently, but George did play BiLLy at TCS VI and beat him in the pool match, so I think his placing is pretty justified.

-Discuss

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I played Elev8 at the Montgomery tournament a while back. I think I beat him, but it was close if I remember correctly. However, rating people based on who beats whom isn't how Power Rankings should work.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I played Elev8 at the Montgomery tournament a while back. I think I beat him, but it was close if I remember correctly. However, rating people based on who beats whom isn't how Power Rankings should work.
It's not strictly on who beat who. Placings played a big effect on most of these people.

Edit: D: Maybe we're doing it wrong

Florida PR:
PR's are NOT based off of rankings from tourniments. It is based off of brackets, who beats who and how often.

Georgia PR:
, these players outrank others in tournaments or respected matches (i.e. money matches or rivalry matches)."

So here we go, two different states with two different rules, How does AL want to handle this?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It should be based on who you beat, and how you get your placings.

Leave it vague.

I'm against me being 3rd, btw. I think you guys have preconceived notions about how good I am based on tournament placings I had about 6 months ago. About 5th or 6th would be right, imo.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
It should be based on who you beat, and how you get your placings.

Leave it vague.

I'm against me being 3rd, btw. I think you guys have preconceived notions about how good I am based on tournament placings I had about 6 months ago. About 5th or 6th would be right, imo.
Dan, you're not good enough to be on this list :p

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I've had a long discussion with people about honorable mentions in the past. I stand by what I said then.

You shouldn't put down a person as an honorable mention unless they actually get votes to be on the top 10.

Scourge, Mahg, and Nu all received one vote from a panelist in the last official PR.

My own list, knowing nothing about billy and thus leaving him out completely, is:

1. Reflex
2. Will_
3. DanGR
4. George
5. Elev8
6. theBrownScourge
7. Moogle
8. Nice1
8. Janitor
8. Cheap Peach

I'm also leaving myself out, for now, because I'd rather hear what other people have to say about how good I am perceived to be.

I'll post my writeup on the various people in a second...

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
We could make this a lot easier on ourselves.

If you are on this list or being considered, post the tournaments you have been to in the last 4 or 5 months, the place you got, and who you lost to/beat.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'll start with myself:

I play a very tough game in high pressure situations. Historically, I've placed better in tournies than my friendlies record would indicate. My keys to winning games are generally knowing my counterpick stages very well and playing ridiculously aggressive. My weaknesses are Snake and becoming predictable as matches go on. Recent defining match: Against Elev8 in the Loser's bracket.

Reflex: Places well in national tournies. Places well in Georgia tournies with Alabama participants and in Alabama tournies. Has now beaten Will_ multiple times in recent tourney sets. Undisputed. Recent defining match: I'd say consistently beating Will_.

Will_: An extremely quick MK who plays defensively and aggressively. The king of Alabama Smash: professional Smasher Will_. Has consistent placings at the top of every Alabama tourney he goes to, respected in out of state competitions. Recent defining matches: Against BigLou in the grand finals.

DanGR: :urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg: That's what goes through my mind when I find out that I have to play Dan in brackets. Dan plays to win. Dan plays at the top of his game. Dan doesn't John. Recent Defining Matches: Against Will_ in losers. Against BigLou in Loser Finals.

George: Has become apathetic as of late. That's unfortunate, because he is a strong, smart player. Recent Defining Matches:

Elev8: A smart player who easily deserves to be ranked higher on the list. With more discussion, I would certainly be willing to jump him up a slot or two. A wide repertoire of characters is his bane and his boon. He has a grasp of how the majority of the cast works, but this comfort in switching has hurt him in a few matches, where he loses his edge by alternating characters. (As a side note, he is my favorite smasher to just shoot the ****'s with between matches.) Recent Defining Matches:

The Brown Scourge: Has managed to make a name for himself. With Bowser. That alone deserves the high rank, right? Scourge's keys to winning are an exceptional grasp at spacing issues and an excellent use of defensive play. Mistakes are punished severely. Recent Defining Matches: Beating Moogle in consecutive tournies. Against Nice1 in Loser's bracket.

Moogle: Let's give him a new name. How about: the Mongoose. Or Riki-tiki-tavi. Because he is the Snake Killer. Moogle's keys to winning are his exceptional technical prowess and upsmashes. Many of his matches have come down to getting just the right timing on a dashing upsmash. Still the best teammate in Alabama. Recent Defining Matches: Against Scourge.

Nice1: This guy is too much fun to leave the smash scene. Recent Defining Matches: Against Munkus.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
We could make this a lot easier on ourselves.

If you are on this list or being considered, post the tournaments you have been to in the last 4 or 5 months, the place you got, and who you lost to/beat.
I do like this idea. It would help me in figuring out the defining matches. I believe defining matches to be important, because they can highlight how far a person has come or how they have faltered. Ideally these games would be against other well known PR people, when both players were playing at the top of their game, and/or when there were big stakes involved.

Most Recent Tourney
August 23, 2008; TCS 6:

Beat: George, Vega, elev8 (2-1 set), and Rayku (2-1 set).
Lost to DanGR (2-1 set)

I played either George or Vega in a 2-1 set as well, and I think it was George. I can't remember who I played in the first round, but I think it was Nice1, which I lost in a 2-1 set.

Top Bottom