• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well having that Slam was saying he'd like to um carpool he might be riding with him. I might try the same thing myself..........

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
The monthly got pushed back to the 26th because anime weekend in Atlanta in the weekend of the 19th. If they go on the 19th, there won't be many ppl there.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Zero is having his tournament on the 17th. There is a tournament in Columbus, GA (about 20 minutes away from where i live) on November 13 or 14th (not sure yet) at my college (CSU; AL should come), Will_ and Moogle were talking about hosting a tournament in November sometime, and there maybe another TCS before the end of the year... The point i'm trying to make is that everyone should attempt to come to these tournaments. After these tournaments we should update the rankings. I have been making a real effort to move up on our Power Rankings (as far as practicing), and think i'm better than #5 (no offense to anyone in front of me).

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Im going to zeros thing the 17th. I asked off and my boss told me to try to win this time, lol
Smash apprentice. Dont like it too much cuz it reminds me of star wars :(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
SevenCancelled? Does that mean Nice1 quit? Wow if he did, when did he announce it?

nice1

Smash Lord
dogy did that to my name for kicks and i told t1j not to change it lol. but yea i'm slowly not playing brawl and playing more sf4 so i'll show up to a tourney here and there. i just don't attend like i used to but i will be at final round 13 and hopefully all yall can make it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Aww, you don't play much anymore, nice1? That makes me sad. :(

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
My opinions for the updated list.

1. TheReflexWonder (Phenix City) :pt:

2. Will_ (Owens Crossroads) :metaknight: :dk2:

3. DanGR (Madison) :metaknight: :olimar:

4. George (Hoover) :kirby2:

5. munkus beaver (Tuscaloosa/Huntsville) :metaknight:

6. Elev8 (Phenix City) :dedede: :popo: :falco:

7. nice1 (Selma) Seven-cancelled. :snake: :falco: :marth:

8. moogle (Huntsville) :fox:

9. theONEjanitor (Hoover) :snake:

10. The Brown Scourge :bowser2:/Sha SLAM :wario:

Alright now to explain why I moved who I did
1-2 Ok well it's pretty obvious, there are without doubt the two our state has to offer, I have yet to see them both play each at the same tournament though, so I'm keeping them the same.

3 &4: DanGR keeps getting better and better, I keep seeing great change in his gameplay since the first time I've seen him play at a tournament. Which was at one of the early Ensley tournaments. At the last tournament both George and DanGR were at, he out placed George. George is great, to me he's my rival, though his gameplay is far greater than my own. I just feel that DanGR has earned the spot with his great work with not only AL tournaments, but out of state ones as well. Good Luck on the 31st d00d.

5-8
I kinda think I'm making an unfair judgement for these placings. I'm sure I don't have much room to talk for these players for they are really good and I haven't really seen them play myself. But eh..changes that should be done in my opinion.

5. I'm going to be honest. I think Munkus is really underrated. Even though he mains that awful **** character Metaknight, I think he's done well enough lately to be bumped up to this spot. Or at least get placed sixth if people don't agree.

The debate that SHOULD BE GOING ON is who should replace the ten canceled Pika Cam.

Opinions:
The Brown Scourge has appeared to more tournaments lately than Slam has, so I kinda feel that he would deserve 10th. He's turning heads with that Bowser of his, and placing 3rd with a character that's hard to use is an accomplishment. However, Slam's surprising performance is what makes me second guess my statement. Beating George (Current 3rd) in the singles bracket shows that he didn't only beat mediocre players to get his placing. It may be neck and neck, but because of Scourges performances of late, I wouldn't be surprised if he got 10th.

Honorable Mentions:
Mahg :diddy:
- ****it go to more tournaments. There's a biweekly next to you now, step it up!

Slam/Scorge-
Seriously xD they both need their name on the PR somewhere.

Kola :marth:-
Conceited much? :D

moogle

Smash Ace
I feel like the list has shaken up more than that. Will_ or DanGR (or maybe elev8) could vie for the #2 spot. I might not even be top 10 anymore... who knows? Kola, Cheap, and Scourge have beaten me in recent memory. I think Scourge could reach as high as #5, and Kola and Cheap and Shaslam aren't "just trying for the #10 slot." They can be higher, especially Shaslam with his 2nd place recently. And I haven't really seen Zero_Gamer play. And that Billy dood... is he on the Alabama or the Georgia side of things?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i only missed one tournament kola.
ive been to like... every other tournament that AL hosts and some out of state ones too.

and the PR isnt about what character you use, or the fact that it's harder to place higher as a low tier main than a high tier one.
its simply about placing.
and ive beat scourge in every set we've ever had but i have no clue how that affects anything.

if PR's were done by placings with popular chracters, then mk mains would be moved down by people every update.
not just in AL

basically i dont think someone should be put over someone else on the PR just because they use a character every is like "OMG" with when they win. espically when thye are placing worse and losing to the person that they are fighting for the spot over.

im not trying to sound like an ***.
this is just my logic. and i would like to point out the fact that i am extremely uneducated in the ways of the PR or how it works at all.

you all know this by now lol
everywhere.

and my bracket was hard as **** at zero's tourney!
i think brackets play a big role.

idk what the PR should be forreal though. its confusing as **** to think about.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I think they do too, but they rarely seem to affect PR lists.

And yes, players with mid/low characters should not be given any sympathy in placings. Personally, I would hate to be placed on the PR without actually deserving it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah idk what i deserve really.
i dont even know who deserves what.
ill leave it in the hands of others.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The list hasn't been updated for a while...

And just who are the panelists anyway?

Sorry about the tournament difficulty, Slam. The error with managing brackets was my fault because I randomized it based off of location since I am oblivious to peoples' skill levels. (I have the gist of it now, though)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I feel like the list has shaken up more than that. Will_ or DanGR (or maybe elev8) could vie for the #2 spot. I might not even be top 10 anymore... who knows? Kola, Cheap, and Scourge have beaten me in recent memory. I think Scourge could reach as high as #5, and Kola and Cheap and Shaslam aren't "just trying for the #10 slot." They can be higher, especially Shaslam with his 2nd place recently. And I haven't really seen Zero_Gamer play. And that Billy dood... is he on the Alabama or the Georgia side of things?
I'm sure you were having an off day at TCSIV, but we cant know for sure until after this next tournament on the 7th. I Think Zero and Billy (Fun sized dude) are good too. There is alot of people who could go for the new power rankings, I was just moving people already on for the sake of not getting my *** chewed out. :p

i only missed one tournament kola.
ive been to like... every other tournament that AL hosts and some out of state ones too.

and the PR isnt about what character you use, or the fact that it's harder to place higher as a low tier main than a high tier one.
its simply about placing.
and ive beat scourge in every set we've ever had but i have no clue how that affects anything.

if PR's were done by placings with popular chracters, then mk mains would be moved down by people every update.
not just in AL

basically i dont think someone should be put over someone else on the PR just because they use a character every is like "OMG" with when they win. espically when thye are placing worse and losing to the person that they are fighting for the spot over.

im not trying to sound like an ***.
this is just my logic. and i would like to point out the fact that i am extremely uneducated in the ways of the PR or how it works at all.

you all know this by now lol
everywhere.

and my bracket was hard as **** at zero's tourney!

idk what the PR should be forreal though. its confusing as **** to think about.
lol I stated I was sure about the stuff I posted about. XD Don't take it all too seriously. If you have been to as many tournaments as you've said then I'm sure that you could take the spot. I was just making a biased and inaccurate opinion.

I think they do too, but they rarely seem to affect PR lists.

And yes, players with mid/low characters should not be given any sympathy in placings. Personally, I would hate to be placed on the PR without actually deserving it.
Ok I see your point.

I'm liking the feed back, anyone else want to give opinions?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I can't really give any arguments yet because I haven't played everyone enough so all I can say is:

Kola, Cheap, George, ShaSLAM, and Elev8 are totally legit.

Come to think of it, I need to play more friendlies/MMs with people...

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to be a ****, but putting me at 6 is a joke. I think i'm top 3. Just wait till zero gamer's tournament. You will all see...

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Billy goes to Auburn University now, so i would definitely consider him AL now. Andy I think you are being super modest to say you may no longer be top ten, i can't think of ten ppl who are better than you in AL. When updating these PR, we need to consider two things. Tournament Placings & head to head matches. Tournament placings are obvious, but MMs are something to consider too imo. I think if you are at a tournament and someone is talking mad **** (which typically never happens) they should play a money match and see who is better for the time being...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm not trying to be a ****, but putting me at 6 is a joke. I think i'm top 3. Just wait till zero gamer's tournament. You will all see...
XP I'm not trying to underrate anyone, I think everyone on that pr is amazing. And you could definitely be 3rd material. I just tried not to make such a big change to the pr.

Now what I'd like to see is someone else post another a new pr like I did. :]

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude my PR would be all ****ed up if i did one.
if we ever change it and have a panel and all that jazz again i may not even submit one because i honestly have no clue what to do.

other than put elev8 higher :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok, so if we could just get together and post what has happened since t the last update including out of state ones..then we can re discuss.

Alabama: What I think has went down since last update
Montgomery Brawl Scene I (Montgomery)
Are You Ready For This? (Mobile)
Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash VI (Tuscaloosa)
Zero_Gamer presents Karate Explosion (*coughpostresultscough*) (Birmingham)

I cant help but think there is one I'm missing......

Near Future:
Teamwork Makes Dreamwork that happens next week.

I tried finding results for Montgomery but I think the thread was either not posted or deleted.

I'm pretty sure there has been a Tennessee tournament and a couple of Georgia tournaments that AL has shown up to.

Top Bottom