• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Alabama Brawl Power Rankings UPDATED December 19, 2009

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I agree with you Munkus. People are really shafting you on your recent tournament results, and I don't just mean TCS VI.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Honestly, you're making it sound like my wins were all due to opponent error and not because I played well. You are taking away from me! You can't say that you aren't and then spend a paragraph taketaketaketaketake! DanGR beats Will_'s Snake to advance, no caveat. Munkus beats elev8's ZSS, caveat? I say no, sir! No!

I mean take elev8 for example. I beat Elev8 in pools and brackets. He used DDD in brackets and he counterpicked ZSS at smashville when I beat his DDD. I was down by two stocks, in killing %, but I stepped up my game and came back.

Elev8 beat the guy before me using ZSS. Took a stock off the guy without taking any damage. Straight up gangsta style, son.

And I'm not the only one getting the short end! Nice1 is the only "good" player Scourge has beaten? Don't be dissing on Moogle and Cam, son. He beat both of em in the last tourney.

Finally, I'm not saying that I wasn't surprised by the results, I was. But I didn't just happen upon my wins like some thief in the night, I earned those mother****ers, don't sell me short.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Albino how about you go back to GA. Everyone here knows what I'm capable of doing. I do go to tournies its just that my parents got strict and now i can't go to as many.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Munkus, I also beat Will_'s MK in dittos. Not just his Snake.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont mean to sell munkus short. AL brackets are hard as **** nowadays so 4th place is ridiculously good regardless of the circumstance.

if i were in your same position I definitely wouldn't have come out in fourth place.

i do happen to believe that if george went kirby he wouldn't have lost but that's just one man's opinion.

good**** either way

and about scourge, I meant this tournament. Scourge is good, no doubt. not denying it. he might be top ten. if he's not top ten, he's top fifteen for sure.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
yeah, we did mk ditto's in pools that I won 2-1, then in brackets I went DK(won), mk (lost), and then snake(lost). After getting double two stocked by kismet I didn't really care(johns but hey you all saw that **** train kismet was driving)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why am I even on this PR list? Apparently everyone I ever beat is either too tired to play, didn't care, had sweaty/cold hands, wasn't warmed up, or just had a bad day...

I played one of the best players in the world of one of my worst matchups- a matchup I have little experience in- the set right before (IIRC) my match with Will_. I chose Marth out of random desperation while everyone was cheering on my opponent. I don't use Marth. I don't know anything about Marth. You guys think that rattled me a bit? Did I john about having to go through that?

Not only that, but BigLou eventually knocked me out in both winner's and loser's... a guy who said he went pretty even with the best Olimar player in the freakin WORLD a little while back. How do you guys think that makes me feel about my chances of winning? Confident?

How about that I fought all of the MK mains at the tourney? and used MK against 2 of them- a character I've been using for a total of about 2 weeks? Is that a legitimate bracket/character john? I also fought Cheap's Peach in pools- another ridiculous matchup for Olimar, and JMIX's Luigi in pools- yet another stupid hard matchup for Oli.

I beat them both... with no real practice the entire week before... with 5 hours of sleep the night before in a hot room on the floor... with a stomach ache the entire day. (Ask Ingulit)

This is pathetic, guys. If you don't think you'll be able to play well, and you know you're just going to john about doing poorly, then don't even come. Really.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Why am I even on this PR list? Apparently everyone I ever beat is either too tired to play, didn't care, had sweaty/cold hands, wasn't warmed up, or just had a bad day...

I played one of the best players in the world of one of my worst matchups- a matchup I have little experience in- the set right before (IIRC) my match with Will_. I chose Marth out of random desperation while everyone was cheering on my opponent. I don't use Marth. I don't know anything about Marth. You guys think that rattled me a bit? Did I john about having to go through that?

Not only that, but BigLou eventually knocked me out in both winner's and loser's... a guy who said he went pretty even with the best Olimar player in the freakin WORLD a little while back. How do you guys think that makes me feel about my chances of winning? Confident?

How about that I fought all of the MK mains at the tourney? and used MK against 2 of them- a character I've been using for a total of about 2 weeks? Is that a legitimate bracket/character john? I also fought Cheap's Peach in pools- another ridiculous matchup for Olimar, and JMIX's Luigi in pools- yet another stupid hard matchup for Oli.

I beat them both... with no real practice the entire week before... with 5 hours of sleep the night before in a hot room on the floor... with a stomach ache the entire day. (Ask Ingulit)

This is pathetic, guys. If you don't think you'll be able to play well, and you know you're just going to john about doing poorly, then don't even come. Really.
Exactly. I think some of these people are so blinded by how good they think a player is skill wise that they forget to take into account their actual tournament performance. I understand that the top 3 has been impenetrable for so long that it seems like Reflex, Will, and George were just meant to be there. However, we should give credit where credit is due. Dan has been shining at tournaments, and his wins aren't suddenly less legitimate because of his opponent's johns. Same thing with Munkus. People don't want to admit he's good for whatever reason, but his tournament performance is hard to ignore. And Scourge... Scourge beat me and Moogle at TCS V to place 7th, then got 7th again at TCS VI. I'm not quite sure who he beat at the most recent tournament because the brackets haven't been posted yet. At such a competitive tournament though, it's hard to get that far without going through someone good.

Also, we've got to realize that everyone is going to have johns at a tournament. Some people are just able to overcome those obstacles better than others. That's where the "power" in "power rankings" comes in. If you can't be play consistently well despite johns, then you shouldn't be on this list in the first place. There are such things as flukes, but if I got last at every tournament from now on, I can't just pull a "I didn't get sleep last night" as a reason to keep me on.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772

Then it's a perfect analogy because elev8 used ZSS for one match in our bracket match ;o

You did amazingly well. You beat Will_. You were only knocked out of the game by BigLou (I've played Lou before, he knocked me out of winner's bracket last time). It was really shocking to see you and me playing in the Alabama Finals match. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna call it.

The Alabama Finals match.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Don't tell them that. I could use the money.

/ego

Will_

Smash Journeyman
dangr's long post
Dude, you beat me fair and square. Nothing I or anyone else says should take that victory away from you. I apologize if it did. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have quoted you since it made my previous post seem I was bringing the issue to you directly.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was really shocking to see you and me playing in the Alabama Finals match. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna call it.

The Alabama Finals match.
:laugh:

Dude, you beat me fair and square. Nothing I or anyone else says should take that victory away from you. I apologize if it did. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have quoted you since it made my previous post seem I was bringing the issue to you directly.
Ehhh, it looks much better reading your post without the quote in mind. :/
No hard feelings here.

That said, I don't think the rankings should change much because of one tourney. Knock off Cam cuz he quit and put Cheap/Scourge in there and we're good for now, imo. We need more consistency.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
no johns for anyone. if you win you win.
we all have our opinions as to why people win and why people don't win, it doesn't matter.

I don't think DanGR is better than Will_, but that doesn't matter, he still beat him, and if he continues to beat him then maybe my opinion will change. I don't think munkus is better than George but that doesn't matter, he still beat him. Just keeping winning that's all that matters. Honestly I think big lou is better than kismet, but kismet always wins, so it doesn't matter at all. Who cares, just keep winning. winning winning winning winning that's all that matter.

**** what some random smasher says about you in a post on smashboards.

just keep winning.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Will I come in this or will this just be about TCS6? >.>

If so, keep going please. It just makes me want to come to more tourneys =3

If not, PUT ME IN THIS D= IM PART OF AL TOO!

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
T1J is right guys. Serin and Mahgnittoc both have to come to more tournaments before you guys can be mentioned. Serin~ you placed well at the one tournament you came to (the one you hosted), but thats not enough. To be on the power rankings you have to go to tournaments and consistently place well. Mahgnittoc~ you are in the same boat. When you did come to tournaments you typically placed well, but its been so long since we have seen you D: The game is beginning to change with more and more skilled players coming out of LA (Lower Alabama). At TCS T1J kept mentioning that he may be kicked off the list soon. If you want to be put on the list you have to go to tournaments and show your power. T1J~ if i hear you say you think you may be kicked off the power rankings 1 more time, i just might kick you in the chest. You play a solid sheik, a solid diddy, hell a solid wario, and a solid Snake (pun intended). Stop saying you are going to be kicked off the list and step your game up!!! You are a good player that needs more mind games. Thats why i was bad at melee, but now i fux with playaz mindz non stop :D but for real step your game up and beat some *****z *****.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Those that want to kick T1J off the power rankings don't realize

*sunglasses*

...he plays a solid snake.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I have a proposal to everyone in AL. The Halloween Bash tournament in Warner Robins GA. I know its a drive, but a lot of GA and FLA's best will be there. I want everyone from AL to go, so we can show these guys what AL is about. WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
It's on halloween.

I'm 95% certain that there will be a multitude of huge parties/excuses to get drunk here.

I mean, choose a holiday that doesn't encourage women to dress up like sluts and then we'll talk.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
LMAO! I agree. But I'm still going.

EDIT: Typically about the PR'ing thing, I need a ride that wont freak the **** outta my mom -_- I'm MAKING SURE I got to the Halloween tourney and I may be able to get a ride to Viridian or Pound 4 >.> But nothing is ever sure.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
<.<

I know i need to go to more tournies but I still like it when people say I **** <.<

Just compliment me every now and then

Top Bottom