• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OSplay 2 starts around November, though there's no confirmed date for it atm.

It's going to be held at Omega Sektor (OS) in Birmingham.

Games:

http://theospl.com/osplay/

This is what we had last time, but there are gonna be more games for the next one.

I'll let you know when I found out the exact date. :]
I just want to know if there is gonna be melee there tbh because I am not interested if it is not, especially if brawl is being played there lol.

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
Oh hai ! , Minus-(plus?) You live near other smashers or is it just you? Im sure there will be some fests around bolton around September onwards as a few of us are going back to uni there.. so that should be cool...

Oh and, Coeys smashfest was cool, teams ftw sometimes xD

btw nice to meet you frenchknee, and glad to see chaz and BeeBeez again :)

I think we are due a MM as it goes chaz? :p

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
in fact, longer shoutouts:

BB, good to see you again, its been too long, i whoulda got more games against you but i didn't realise how early i'd have to go :/ that falon on fearsome

ste, good games as always, mm next time of course, your 50p is mine son

joe: fun times as ever.

will, i hate playing you you're too good its frustrating lol. told you marth was an awesome character heh. cheers for good housing and letting me get the free bed, best sleep ive ever had at a smash event imo

ross, for someone so new youre really good. keep it up

ant/alan/b.ben- you suck

lookin forward to the next one :)

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
btw nice to meet you frenchknee
Non, je m'appelle Fiend's Knee, me montrer vos mouvements, POINçON de FAUCON!!!, OUI!:laugh:

Shoutouts:

Steve - Good facing you, your fox and pichu were good but pichu never four-stocked anyone but he was 4-stocked by my Yoshi (that may be a lie) but you did get meteor smashed a lot by Yoshi

Chaz - Good facing you too, the ganon dittos were fun your ganon being just better than mine, but it was annoying when you had my Yoshi sussed with sheik, good times though

Joe - your were better than I thought you were going to be, I liked your falco and falcon but they still fell before the might of my Yoshi... ocassionally

Will - thanks for housing me and your hospitality(sp?), your Marth was very good and difficult to play against as were most of your characters but it was good when my Yoshi beat your falco, probably not for you though lol

B.B. - Good playing you, I was particularly impressed with your falcon and GW with the latter beating my yoshi comfortably, however our Yoshi and Peach team was ****, one match springs to mind when we 0 to death combo-ed Joe and Steve within ten secs of match starting, fantastic stuff

All in all good times were had and I hope to play you lot sometime soon

Aiko

Smash Champion
when are you guys back in bolton? i'm seriously itching to play again, thinking of ditching brawl for melee. wanna get something going either weekly or bi weekly.

J03

Smash Master
aye good fun lads, Bolton, early October anyone?

My apologies for my state on whatever day it was i arrived, i was particularly hammered.

I'm particularly glad to have regained my poker title after a nice piping session, Just need to play the scotts again and pipe those pipee's

Will: Sup ty

BB: Good to see you again, glad we played again it was refreshing, More fests more BB

Chaz: your Awesome at life duuuuuuuuude xD

FrenchKnee: <3 ya lad, in the gay way

Aiko, AmcD, Box: horrendous effort lads, no determination, no resolve bad times

Fiend's_Knee

Smash Apprentice
FrenchKnee: <3 ya lad, in the gay way
Je n'ai pas dit suis déjà français, est cet aller à est une plaisanterie ou quelque chose courant, ce que la merde sérieusement. Savoir que je pourrais changer juste mon nom à quelque chose mieux si pour éviter cette bêtise.
P.S. J'aime aussi Joe

COEY

Smash Lord
First chance i've had to get on boards since fest. Nice to see everyone good games/times had, etc...

Charlie- Good seeing you as it had been absolutely ages since the last time, really think marths your best char like i said. Get back into the swing of practicing dude. And thanks for the positive feedback about my marth.

Carlton- Again been too long glad you liked the US, good to see you weren't too bad after all that time away from melee. :)

Ross- Nice meeting you man, you're welcome up again anytime <3 Also you were surprisingly better than i was expecting, though i ****ing hate yoshi now haha.

Joe- GTFO never ever ****ing think about ever ****ing coming to my house again!!! Good playing you though, think my marths doing alright now against fox, ty for the practice.

Ste- OMG im sat next to you typing this! Good games shame pichu isn't doing it for you...

Btw i'm pretty sure we went through half an ounce over the few days. A hearty congratz to all imo.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
joe spam is like poetry compared to the p.pro/VA spam of the previous few pages
Joe spam is boring and doesnt course any trouble. Unlike me and VA who live the fast dangerous and ontop of everyone life.
Bloodbowler your peach sucks and I would literally destroy you if I was ever to play you to the point where you would say 'P.pro you are better then me' £15 MM to prove this.

well all i can say is i will finish you all at brawl/melee
But you are to scared to even come to the London ranbat and accept my £3 MM loool and then you think you can finish people. Man up and accept MM's and then win them and then say you can finish them all.

Aiko

Smash Champion
golfie, what about my pichu? :(

anyway, where are people now? and when are they local or free for some smash, as in melee?

Aiko

Smash Champion
update on first post guys. seriously would like to get some ranking system going. I know rankings would motivate me to play and see you guys more :) especially with the ball and chain that is full time employment :/

Heres my thoughts:

Fest every 2 weeks, probably bolton but give a shout if you can/want to host.
Round robin - best of 5, other rules to be discussed
Points for how many games you win, eg 1 point for a win (even if you lose the set) plus 1 extra point for winning the set.
Rankings - based on no. of points. Will be inaccurate to start off with but I will keep a table with the last 5 fests of which i will calculate the highest score from 3 to give your current score.
BB rules.

discuss

AmcD

Smash Ace
I think the stages should be limited to FD, PS, DL64, FoD, YS and BF. If there is any other stages added it should only be DK64 and Mute City. :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
P.Pro if you want people to travel to london to face you, man up and offer a reasonable amount of cash for somebody to go all that way =D

Then again you may destroy them and theyd be seriously out of pocket! haha

much love. Golfehs x
Who said I was offering an amount of money for them to travel, I was talking about if there was a tourn lol. But if he wants to come down and get destroyed be my guest. This isnt the right situation to tell me to man up lol, nice try though, keep it up. I offered him money and said does he want to accept it and if it was any higher then he prob wouldnt accept it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
update on first post guys. seriously would like to get some ranking system going. I know rankings would motivate me to play and see you guys more :) especially with the ball and chain that is full time employment :/

Heres my thoughts:

Fest every 2 weeks, probably bolton but give a shout if you can/want to host.
Round robin - best of 5, other rules to be discussed
Points for how many games you win, eg 1 point for a win (even if you lose the set) plus 1 extra point for winning the set.
Rankings - based on no. of points. Will be inaccurate to start off with but I will keep a table with the last 5 fests of which i will calculate the highest score from 3 to give your current score.
BB rules.

discuss
Good stuff Ant. I'll see if I can make some of these if they do get organised. Don't know about the rankings.

Aiko

Smash Champion
rankings probably wont affect you as your pretty far down south, unless your planning to come to most fests (expensive) or moving to NW.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Good stuff Ant. I'll see if I can make some of these if they do get organised. Don't know about the rankings.
Rankings are good. Gives people motivation to attend and it's another way of getting better.
I'm obviously all up for it and don't have crap stages.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I've been discussing the whole ranking system with Alan and this is what we've come up with. This is by no means final, but if enough people want it I'd like to get it started, probably by the end of this month or beginning of October. It'll be open to discussion but people who will be attending will probably have more influence on it. This info will be put into the first page at some point.

So without further ado:

Northwest Power Rankings

2 Fests a month, usually around 2 weeks between them, location is to be determined beforehand.

Everyone will play each other with these rules:

Best of 5 - 4 stock, 7 mins, no items,
Advanced slob picks, cannot pick last stage won on.

Stages - FD, DL64, PS on random
Score difference of 0 or 1 - FD, DL64, PS, YS, BF, FoD
Score difference of 2 - FD, DL64, PS, YS, BF, FoD, + other counterpicks
eg BB vs JO3 - 1-0: JO3 can only pick from 6 stages
BB vs JO3 - 2-0: JO3 can pick from other counterpick stages as well as the standard 6

Scoring:

1 Point per game won
1 Point for winning the set

Scores on the day are totalled up, giving raw points for the day. these are then ranked to give you your Standard points which are then used for Power Rankings:

Rank - Standard points
1st - 10 points
2nd - 7 points
3rd - 5 points
4th - 3 Points
5th - 2 Points
Below - 1 Point

Your best 3 standard points from the last 5 fests are added up to give your total score and this will be used for ranking. This allows you to miss a few fests without it having to forfeit your score. It works out to be attendance of 1 fest a month without losing points for attendance. People are concerned about losing points from missing fests, so this method gives you some room to spare.

eg: BB: turns up to 3 fests from last 5 - scores 10, 10, 7 = 27
JO3: turns up to all 5 fests - scores 7, 7, 10, 5, 3 = 24 from best 3
BB ranks higher than JO3.

Summary:
Go to fest -> Score points -> Convert to standard points -> Rank

So if you get all that, discuss.

COEY

Smash Lord
For stages i'd just like to see PS, FD and DL on random (DL isn't that important tho ;)) Then for counterpicking obv YS, BF, FoD, but also i think Mute, Corneria, the 2 movies (PF and RR) are needed. Maybe brinstar too tho personally i think it sucks.

As for rules could be an idea just to use the same system as in London. If the idea is to use it to set the scene up for Neo Empire then it should all be identical.

Could possibly do something for teams too could be an idea. Just we never do seem to take them very seriously and theres always the same amount of money on the line for teams, well it gets split but you must still get my point.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
All seems like a very good idea to me, and yes something involving teams sounds great.

Top Bottom