• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

AmcD

Smash Ace
I'm happy with 3 randoms, Just thought 6 would've been better.
Also no onett and jungle japes lol.

Aiko

Smash Champion
ok back onto points systems, we need a way of making sure that players arent penalized badly for occasional "no shows." At the same time, it needs to be structured so that it also takes into account who turns up, as its not fair to gain 10 points on the leader board because the better players dont turn up.

edit: one thing I havent made clear, when you score your points for ranking, if people draw on points from the fest, then the standard points are added up and split up evenly.

eg alan and I both place 1st, there for 10+7 / 2 = 8.5 points each.

edit: I think I've got a system that will take into account attendance of players, which will also sort out the quality of players present. Eg - a fest with a few top players should be worth more points than a fest with many weak players. May sound long winded but if we want to get an accurate and representative system, it'll probably be complicated.

Standard scores changed:

Fest Rank - Points
1st - 15
2nd - 13
3rd - 11
4th - 9
5th - 7
6th - 6
7th - 5
8th - 4
9/10th - 3
Lower - 2

Now we need to be organised into tiers - please don't take this bit personally, its just an example. More Tiers may be needed.

Tier 1 - Low
Charlie
Dan
Ste

Tier 2 - Mid
Ant
BB
Joe
Will

Tier 3 - High
Alan

When we have a fest, on top of your standard score, you add on these points depending on who turned up:

Tier - Additional Points
1 - 1
2 - 3
3 - 5

Heres some examples:

Small high level fest
Ant goes to a fest with Joe, Will and Alan
Ant comes 2nd - gets 13 points
Add attendance points - 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 = 14
Total = 27

Large low level Fest
Ant goes to a fest with Dan, Ste and Chaz
Ant comes 1st - 15 points
Add attendance - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 6
Total = 21
Notice it isn't worth as much due to lack of the NW better players

Large Fest
Ant goes to a fest with Dan, Ste, Chaz, BB, Joe, Will, Alan
Ant comes joint 3rd - 9 +11 / 2 =10 points
Add attendance - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 +5 = 17
Total = 27
Not as high position but in a tougher fest which is therefore worth more points.

Of course, the 3 best scores from the most recent 5 apply but this should account attendance and level of play at the same time.
So what do you guys think of this?

Aiko

Smash Champion
ok, quick explanation -

round robin at fest gives points
these points are used to rank you for the day
this will give you leaderboard points plus add points for whoever attended, giving you your overall score for that fest.
your top 3 points from the last 5 fests will allow you to be ranked within the NW.

if you get that, then read the system again. otherwise, I will organise the maths when it comes to the time.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Nice. I will probably come over Friday evening and leave on Saturday after I have played all my ranking games.

Aiko

Smash Champion
will be there, not sure on what time yet, but i reckon around the same as alan. may be back later that evening too.

AmcD

Smash Ace
I think it will be happening on the Saturday 4th October. Matches will be getting recorded if Will wants to record.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
bullet bill better be goin to this,
i'm chargin up the meanest, leanest, ...pinkest luigi you've ever seen
he's gonna kill his brother, take down that doc
he's gonna slide all over the place, you wont have a clue whats goin on
he's gonna prove that, despite not having a medical degree he's the migtiest italian plumber around.
yeah.
charlie out

Aiko

Smash Champion
btw, my birthday is on the 30th of sep, so 3-5th is also my bday fest. I expect for everyone to let me win this one. except koop, he can just have bday sex with me. joe can join in too but still needs to lose to me.

AmcD

Smash Ace
What's happening on the 1st/2nd?

Oh btw my friend Ray should be coming to Bolton on the 3rd with me. He is really interested in playing smash (melee) xD. Ant and Ben both know Ray.

COEY

Smash Lord
Ant- Why am i not included in this bday orgy? Quite an insult to a host, no bed for you now if one becomes available.

Sam- 07784288764 ;)

Alan- That's ok man good to see new players.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Ant- Why am i not included in this bday orgy? Quite an insult to a host, no bed for you now if one becomes available.
You get a SPECIAL ;) bday treat frm me.

neway, I wont be needing a bed cos im going to stay at my gf's in salford and will be back the next day. I am such a wh0re >.>

COEY

Smash Lord
Chaz- That's a shame man gonna miss first rankings fest :( When are you going Leeds? Or are you there now?

Sam- Are you coming to this? Give me a text if you can and let me know as soon as, i need to know whether to prepare the silk sheet and rose petals ;)

Btw hopefully gonna have some vids of my luigi up by Sunday :D

Top Bottom