• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

4stock

Smash Cadet
sorry about that last post. prof came to my house and started posting for me i've been trying to clear my name all day.

J03

Smash Master
Koop: its a start lad ^_^. As for fests, due to the poorest of efforts by everyone i wont be hosting anymore because tbh you obv dont deserve the effort >_0.

I will be waiting till when i go back to uni untill i decide to host again. As for the other fest i imagine ill be booking the coach from manchester central. Yall know what i mean and if you want to discuss times to travel together then PM or text/ring me, if you dont know what im talking about dont even ask lol.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
i shall be back ~ 1 week or so... someone better hold a smashfest in celebration!

added incentive: if one of the bolton lot does joe will get his controller back

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Bloodbowler I am better then you at smash, I am better then all of you Liverpool people and Northwest UK and there is nothing you can do about it except beg for forgiveness. Who is the best at melee in Liverpool.

J03

Smash Master
P.Pro, my admiration of your ego is so great that it is something to be admired in itself. How god in all his wisdom managed to squeese that much confident to a person of your strature is beyond my comprehension of this universe. I garauntee however that i could give you some pretty epic games of this game of smash. Winning is not the objective young Professor Professional, its to be as flashy, as egotistical, as annoying and generally as big a **** as possible whilst playing. If you can take as much as you give we might just have the best games ever seen on this earth

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
P.Pro, my admiration of your ego is so great that it is something to be admired in itself. How god in all his wisdom managed to squeese that much confident to a person of your strature is beyond my comprehension of this universe. I garauntee however that i could give you some pretty epic games of this game of smash. Winning is not the objective young Professor Professional, its to be as flashy, as egotistical, as annoying and generally as big a **** as possible whilst playing. If you can take as much as you give we might just have the best games ever seen on this earth
loool Thank you for all those comments they have given me the urge to continue my work lol. But seriously I dont even play flashy anymore like I used to, I just play beasty now. I can still be cocky and annoying during matches :)

J03

Smash Master
loool Thank you for all those comments they have given me the urge to continue my work lol. But seriously I dont even play flashy anymore like I used to, I just play beasty now. I can still be cocky and annoying during matches :)
glad to hear is ^_^.

I'm also taking this oppourtunity to announce a fest in earlyish October. I'm also happy to announce that i am openly going to be as elitist as possible with a list. But if your not on the list then feel free to PM me if you really wanna come lol.

Btw just to be an *** im not gonna release the list yet lol. i'm gonna wait untill i have properly discussed the matter with my hosting partner Coeypops.

So coeypops, PM me with your thoughts and what nots, need to know wether or not its worth pursueing and gimme an idea of numbers/peeps you wanna come ^_^.

J03

Smash Master
Joe are you going to try and organise a tournament by any chance.
Hosting a fest in Bolton could be amazing, or it could be a disaster. IF we found a venue then thatd be amazing obv. The main problem with any tourney is the housing. Theoritically its possible to do it out of halls. And ill be looking into that but its risky. I might ask the ents commitee and pretend its some sort of uni thing and see if i can rent a hall at the campus, but the hours would prolly be horrendous. and that doesnt solve the housing issue.

The main thing is the attendence, i dont think as many peeps would be willing to come unlike the old days. Furthremore i can garantee that 100% of the smash population would say 'Yass finally a smash tourney im interested', and get a million flakes a minute. So a fest with around 10ish peeps is the target atm lol, the North needs to get its act together because if im honest, i dont think anyone in the north is solid enough to take out the ever practicing south.

I was interested about hearing your thoughts on hosting a third liverpool tourney though, hows that looking?

PS. i also believe the north would pipe the south in a 10 vs 10

COEY

Smash Lord
Well i think Ed would be on that list too Joe if he would come to a melee tournament. As for being elitist it's about ****ing time! So far my list of invites would be;

Prof Profeshionale

If i think of anyone else (as unlikely as that is) i will let you know.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Well I would run a tournament but problem is housing and guarantee of people coming.
I'm looking into it so hopefully there will be one.

COEY

Smash Lord
It's mostly a question of skill Robby don't worry ;)

But if someone fancies hosting it could happen, i'd also like to see low tiers at a UK event too. But that's just me.

VA

Smash Hero
It's mostly a question of skill Robby don't worry ;)

But if someone fancies hosting it could happen, i'd also like to see low tiers at a UK event too. But that's just me.
That was my point. Did you even play in crews lol?

Low tiers is fun!

AmcD

Smash Ace
I remember him beating Pdot, 4 stocking you and taking 2 stocks off someone. I think it was Charles.

VA

Smash Hero
He took 1 stock off Pdot, 4 off Craiigg, beat Monty as well and took 1 off charles.

I think it was a poor turn out for the south at CHJ. We didn't have pro or edwin. With full south turn out it would be **** I'm afraid.

COEY

Smash Lord
That was my point. Did you even play in crews lol?

Low tiers is fun!
Well as for crews i never got my turn, and Z picked Joe over myself at first but then i was gonna partake as Euan didn't feel like it if i remember correctly. But whatever i wasn't claiming to be the greatest melee player in the UK, but i think i'm half decent i remember a nice game on yoshis vs your fox at ALT ;)

But you know i'm pretty much one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, well in the whole world maybe. And your right low tiers are fun, it's a crime that i've been to 9 melee tournaments here in the UK without a low tiers tournament.

COEY

Smash Lord
That's because you are a Southerner in a Northern based crew. The whole norht/south is just abit of banter and makes up for the fact that there arent enough real crews in the country atm.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
That's because you are a Southerner in a Northern based crew. The whole norht/south is just abit of banter and makes up for the fact that there arent enough real crews in the country atm.
Actually I never really did know of any sort of rivalry or any north south stuff until I came to Liverpool

COEY

Smash Lord
You mean with smash or in general, as i know it you didn't really play smash competitively till you came to Liverpool which would obv mean you wouldn't have known. Or if you mean i general.... you should have known Northerners hate Southern fairies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I never understood how team south lost to team north? That really needs to be replayed lol.
lol Yeah it does.

He took 1 stock off Pdot, 4 off Craiigg, beat Monty as well and took 1 off charles.

I think it was a poor turn out for the south at CHJ. We didn't have pro or edwin. With full south turn out it would be **** I'm afraid.
If team south had me and Edwin I really think the result would be different, if it is done again with full team South and full team North I think even you northern people know you will be ***** I'm afriad

South > North though

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Out of all of them

Tournament johns
• If I had gone I would've won
Pools / brackets are rigged < Frozenwave
• Seeding sucked
• Facility is small / crappy
• Not enough TVs
• Poor venue
• House take is too much < Londoners
• Pot is too small
• Entry fee is too small
• Entry fee is too large < Poor people
• Too far away < Poor people or you aint got ya own truck :V
• Home region advantage :'( < wut
• Taking too long
I play worse at tournaments < Vanity Angel
I was too nervous < Vanity Angel
• I got pulled over for having TVs in the back of my car..

Top Bottom