• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Another (stupid) question here, how exactly do you get those teams on the games? Is there like a GameShark code or something I'd need to put in for that? x:
Yeah, I don't really know what it is, though. You can try asking someone who's doing a run like that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think it just means you are allowed to go find and add that Pokemon into your team.

-Terywj
No, 'cause Sir Bedevere even said he's using a ROM for the codes. And you can't necessarily find any RNG'd Pokémon in any game or at that point in time. It's also supposed to come at the same level as the highest Pokémon of the gym leader you just beat.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Another (stupid) question here, how exactly do you get those teams on the games? Is there like a GameShark code or something I'd need to put in for that? x:
If you're doing this on a cartridge, you'd have to catch/train/hatch the Pokemon you're going to use for your game on a different game and trade it over. As far as I know, there is no GS code for this specific kind of cheat, so if you can't find a way to trade into your cartridge, it isn't possible to do this type of run. However, I THINK this may be possible with Pokesav, but I don't know enough about it (Pokesav) to really give anything definite.

If you're doing this on a rom, you'd have to use a program like AdvanceMap to hack the game and make the Pokemon you want appear in your desired route at your desired level. I would explain it here, but talking to a mod about roms is the worst idea conceivable. <.>

---

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 1: A Flare Overhead
Chapter 2: Wish Upon A Starmie
Chapter 3: Shock of Lightning
Chapter 4: SDDR (Swords Dance Dance Revolution)
Chapter 5: Taking Blows, Blowing Steam, and Bowling Pins

Version: FireRed
Trainer: WHAT?!?
Rival: CLEETUS
Badges: 6

This time I remembered to take a pic. :3 My team post-Erika (Genghis and Rhasta are boxed):

HIGGINS is the best name for a bulkymon ever. I was going to name Sharona that if she was female, but Snorlax is a suitable recipient as well.

Now it was time to blaze through all the trainers on both paths that lead to Fuschia. No wait not blaze, severely struggle, that's what I meant.

asfdfddafsdsd don't do that again.

But it did happen again.

"training kelly blahblah oh look a machoke i'll t-wave it and switch to sharona to take the next attack ugh seismic toss oh well time to use confusion for the ko oh look it survived but that's ok i'll j-REVENGE"

Nooooooooooooo! :cry: Why Sharona? She had been holding up my team for so long, and there weren't too many levels until she evolved. ;-; If I had trained on the eastern path before doing Cycling Road, I could have avoided this completely...But there's no point looking back. She's gone now.

In her memory. :(

My training with Kelly eventually payed off, and to avoid any more Lamia incidents, I let her evolve.

Fearing a Sharona incident now, I also bought Flamethrower for Genghis and let it evolve.

Now my sights were set on Silph co. I remember breezing through this place many times before, but now I was stuck with a generally fragile team that wasn't allowed to faint. But team play and pre-battle preparation helped me get through it OK (which you really need to learn when doing this kind of run, when you only have 14 Pokemon available to you over the course of the game). Surprisingly, there was only one Explosion, but Genghis' Intimidate weakened the blow and he was still in the yellow (and had taken prior damage).

I actually wasn't completely prepared for my rival battle (never go through unknown warp points while using the speed function >.>) but Gregory and Higgins dominated everything in their path. I'm really loving Higgins' tankiness and ability to Rest. It's REALLY going to save me in the E4 when I need to heal weakened team members that I need for the fight.

Giovanni really scared me now that I lacked Sharona (who should have walled his entire team, basically) but Gregory really pulled through for me here, getting rid of his Nidos and Rhyhorn with Dig (Doomblade backed him up against Kanga after he had taken too many defense drops). Picked up a useless Masterball and Lapras (I released it >.>). With my team at a decent level, it was gym leader time.

ohlawd

Rhasta only had trouble against his Muk, who minimized once and made me miss twice. >.> If I hadn't one-shotted his Weezing, I would have been in serious trouble from Toxic+Weezing's attack; though I might survive and win, I'd have to walk about 10 steps to leave the gym (can't dig out >.<) and Rhasta very well could have died from that. But he did one-shot him so yay.

Absol is the reason Dark-types aren't normally catchable at this point in the game. The only attack ever used against me was Calm Mind. 3 Swords Dances + Slash = lol. Otherwise Higgins would have hurt things.

I ran into a little scare when fighting the Saffron trainers, however. One had a pair of Gastlys, and I had Gregory out front. Since all his attacks were walled except for his rock attacks, I used that. Then it Destiny Bonded.

I completely forgot that move existed and Gastly could learn it. It's basically instant-death Explosion. At first I was freaking out as Gastly's health dropped to 0 and I watched Gregory's, anticipating his to drop as well. But then she sent out her other Gastly and I was presented the option to attack again. At that point, I realized what had happened. Destiny Bond only activates if you die on the NEXT hit, and the attack I used, Rock Blast, dealt damage twice; first non-lethal, then lethal, so Gregory would only die if it critted. I was loving Gregory even more now. It'd be a good idea to get something that outspeeds Gastlys or is a multihit move (Twineedle comes to mind) so you can avoid losing Pokemon to Destiny Bond. Just some general Nuzlocke advice.

Anyways, I beat two gyms, both with level 43s (holy crap that's way too high), so I RNG for two mons this time:

Jesus, it's everywhere. No one can escape Starmie. But getting a Water-type is yes.

also omg moar psychics what is this rby

And my pen-penultimate Pokemon is:

...lawldammit. Can't win 'em all. >.> *will box forever*

HotWings

Smash Ace
This looks like soooo much fun, i might do this on my firered or pearl version but for now i just want to play SS and have fun with that for awhile.

Oh and how do people beat the elite4 doing this? I dont think potions are allowed while doing this are they? Or are they allowed while your in battle?

Thats really the main part i will have trouble at is the elite 4, how about yal? Is elite4 the hardest part for yal?

M.K

Level 55
So I beat Brock and lost Mankey! today in Psychology.
...until one of my friends decided that it'd be just HILARIOUS to press the HOME button on my Ipod before I could save.

-______________-
Now I've just caught my Viridian Forest Pokemon.

VIRIDIAN FOREST POKEMON CATCH:

DRIIRUGA the KAKUNA!

Training this thing.
Is.
A *****.
****ing Harden.

EDIT: BTDubs, what is your guys opinion of Poison deaths? I mean, in the later generations, you don't have to worry about Poison Deaths, but doing a challenge on anything before D/P causes them to faint instead of just reduce to 1 HP. How do you count these?

EDIT:
OH MY ****ING LORD BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Have you guys read the Nuzlocke Challenge comics? OH MY GOD THEY ARE HILARIOUSSS!!!

http://www.nuzlocke.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/red7.jpg

www.nuzlocke.com

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
BTDubs, what is your guys opinion of Poison deaths? I mean, in the later generations, you don't have to worry about Poison Deaths, but doing a challenge on anything before D/P causes them to faint instead of just reduce to 1 HP. How do you count these?
It is really up to you as to whether or not you count "surviving poison" in later gens as deaths, since the point of a Nuzlocke challenge is to create a strong bond between the Pokemon you train as well as create additional challenge, so if having a Pokemon die from surviving poison fits one of these criteria for you, you should run with it. Personally, I agree with the general opinion of most other Nuzlockers; it was in the games before it, so ignore the surviving and release it. But it's up to the person playing.

OH MY ****ING LORD BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Have you guys read the Nuzlocke Challenge comics? OH MY GOD THEY ARE HILARIOUSSS!!!

http://www.nuzlocke.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/red7.jpg

www.nuzlocke.com
lol yeah, the forum there is where I got the idea for a random Nuzlocke run from. :p You should check out the fan comics too, there are some really good ones (most people are raving about ROBOTv7's, which is nearing its end).

---

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 6: Grinding is for Wussies

Badges: 8

Cinnabar is my next destination, but first thing's first: I need to catch my rewards. KAIZA the Staryu and ROBERT the Venomoth were both added to my box, for different reasons (Kaiza is too high a level to be on my team, and Robert sucks).

For a long while coming, I was dreading the trip from Fuschia to Cinnabar, and I couldn't remember why. I thought it might be the water routes (which Kelly and Doomblade handled easily), but the teams I make are almost never water-weak, so I was a bit confused. Then I entered the Seafoam islands.

omggggggggggggggg. The encounter rate in that place is completely messed up. I was meeting things after every 5 steps. Made the dungeon 10 times more annoying. I completely forgot about that. In the end, I decided to avoid killing Articuno, because I was kinda scare I'd lose a member for no reason, and I didn't want to trigger more encounters by swimming to him.

Pokemon Mansion SHOULD have been like that as well, but I decided to change the encounter rate to 0 just to help me get through that place quicker. Should have done that before. >.> Then, it was time to take on Blaine.

*picture of me winning here*

Arcanine vs Arcanine was lol, especially considering Genghis was about 9 levels below his (level 47 holy ****) and still won with Bite. Fire Blast is such a bad move.

For some reason, I decided to hold off on my (level 47 holy ****) reward, since whatever it was, I wouldn't be training it. At this point, all of my team members were at or below level 40, so like Kaiza, it would just sit in the box. With Blaine gone, Giovanni is the la-

NOOOOOOOOOO

not this

not this crap again ahhhh

where is my mother

I hate you Bill.

NOW it's Giovanni time.

But uh-oh, major problem. Half my team is weak to Ground/Fighting (which all/half of his Pokes know, respectively), and the rest is too fragile to be taking those kinda of hits. I needed some help.

ohlawd.

...yeah. 5 Surfs and his whole team is wiped. You're going back to the box for a while, Kaiza.

Why he had a level 50 (holy ****) Rhyhorn, though, I'll never know. >.>

With all 8 gyms in hand, I decided, hey, I've got full access, I might as well just check out Victory Road and see how I fair, I mean, what could possib-

... I forgot about this. >.> DAMMIT CLEETUS

*battling*

Considering his entire team was around 5-12 levels higher than everyone on mine and I wasn't even prepared, he went down surprisingly quickly and with very little trouble, though that might have to do with the awesome that is Higgins, who walled just about all of his Pokemon. Taking down a team with lower-levelled Pokemon is so satisfying.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

---

Alright, it's RNG time, the last two of this run! The level 47 Pokemon I get from Blaine issss...

Hm, that's pretty cool. :o He's kinda outclassed by Gregory, though...we'll see how I'll use him.

And the final Pokemon, my level 50 reward for beating Giovanni!

Oh dang, he could be really nice. I've no idea where to put him, though...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I know that Im gonna get infracted so bad with this post, but I need help with advance map. I rngd a meganium and Im trying to edit the game so that it appears. Anyone care to help me out that my game isnt recognizing the changes Ive made.

I open up the save file and the grass I put doesbt appear. I really want to continue but cant now...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
The reason I'm posting this a bit "late" is I went to pre-release for Magic and have been going bananas over it for the past few days. But anyways, here's the last part of my run.

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 6: Grinding is for Wussies
Chapter 7: Why Did It End Like This?

Badges: 8
Status: MY TEAM ISN'T READY FOR MY TEAM ISN'T READY FOR MY TEAM ISN'T READY FOR

To enhance experience, listen.

Victory Road; one of the places I most despise of all the things in Pokemon games. >.> And it was even worse now, not being able to die and all. But we had to make it through, we had to survive.

And we did survive. But it was hell, especially since I'm on set and can't just switch out to the appropriate Pokemon without some factor of risk (i.e. switching Rhasta the Kadabra in on anything is setting up for fail). Also:

Do not battle this trainer. His Pokemon will crit on all of your Pokemon and you will cry when you realize you almost lost team members for a revive. I know I did. : (

oh dayum

At this point, I knew I had a difficult decision. I had more than enough Pokemon that I could have on a team, so it was time to essentially release the Pokemon who have been on my journey the whole time. My decision came down to Doomblade and Rhasta, whose typing were covered by everyone else and were too fragile. I'll really miss Doomblade; he really carried my team through the game after I lost Sharona. :(

As a courtesy, I leveled him up, along with the rest of my team, to level 55. I wasn't sure what I'd need for the E4, but I decided to play it safe this time around.

This is it!

Lorelei

Kaiza did a great job of obliterating everything off the face of the earth. I knew giving it a confusion-healing berry would do some good against Lapras. >.> Overall a very easy fight, Kaiza simply couldn't be stopped with Tbolt+Surf.

Bruno

Again, Kaiza basically soloed Bruno, though after a speed drop I went over to Higgins to stall out a bit and get Kaiza back in on a safe move. Psychic was definitely a smart choice for it. It may seem like I'm just spamming one mon at this point, but Kaiza is the only one who can counter Water/Ice/Rock/Fighting types reliably (with Higgins handling most well).

Agatha

Above picture explains most. 3 SDs + Shadow Ball + outspeeding everything but Gengar = Agatha died very quickly. It was still a narrow victory, though; anything outspeeding or surviving an SD would have meant Natasha's end. But she's awesome so not happening. <3

Lance

Kaiza's too fragile to be taking hits from his dragons, so Higgins and Gregory did a lot of the work over the course of the battle, most notably Gregory Rock Sliding his Dragonites for 2HKOs, and Higgins being a beast and taking a critted Outrage. The battle was slow, but we pulled out of it alright, still with no casualties.

Cleetus

Gregory took down Pidgeot alright, but when confronted by another Rhydon and with his attack down from a Featherdance, I needed to switch, and my best choice seemed to be Kelly, who could Surf him to death.

..Or not and get critted on. :/

The rest of the battle went mostly as planned. Higgins walled his Blastoise to hell and eventually KOed it, his Arcanine was easy prey for Kaiza, and with only Psychics left, Natasha came in on Alakazam, set up and swept his last 2 mons.

So I won. :/

If I'm sounding a bit unexcited or down, it's because I am. This run was very anti-climatic and unchallenging, though I expect that was because I had overleveled my team quite a bit. I didn't even use one of my Pokemon (Genghis). :/ In any future runs (I'm thinking Gold will be next, whenever I get around to it), I'm definitely going to change around the rules to limit grinding to make things harder on myself. This ending is not what I would have liked for my 1337th post, but I don't really care about that postcount stuff anyways, so w/e. :p

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Nice going Bedevere, great to see somone completed the challenge, im gunna start it on pokemon emerald now ,gunna RNG now

Edit: RNGed and got these:

Cyndaquil
Bellsprout
Weezing
Starmie
Bagon
Lickitung

pretty happy with this =p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Lol Cyndaquil, I got a Totodile as a starter and got a Meganium somewhere along the way... NOW IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT APPEAR :mad:

Meh, I'll just look up a cheat code and use that...

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
OOOMMMGGG!

lols i just got a shiny koffing from putting in the code for pokemon to appear and i didnt have a shiny code on so.. =p

Name: Emerald
Rival: May
Badges: 0

Current team:

Koffing ( Toxiball)

Cydinquil ( Blazer )

Bellsprout ( Leafy)

Staryu ( Flawless)

Bagon ( Nifty)

Lickatung ( NomNom )

PC: 0

Graveyard: 0

Nothing eventful so far apart from the shiny lols and Blazer almost dieing from two crited attacks. Flawless and Nifty alraedy have good moves at lvl 7 with water gun on Flawless and Bite on Nifty. NomNom is weakest out of my team members with only lick which dosent do much =(. Found 5 ralts in a row on route 102 which was pretty amusing =p Nothing much so far so please stayed updated for more =p

How do I put up my pictures here again? I done it before but i forget now =p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Congrats on the completion of your run, Sir Bedevere. :) I imagined the RNG version of the Nuzlocke run would be slightly easier, given that you can get much better Pokémon through RNGing than just catching the first Pokémon on each route, but it's still an accomplishment.

Lol Cyndaquil, I got a Totodile as a starter and got a Meganium somewhere along the way... NOW IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT APPEAR :mad:

Meh, I'll just look up a cheat code and use that...
You can't get angry at people for not helping you with ROMhacking, and you could also easily Google it instead of trying to ask people here since it's against the rules to do so.

Anyway, Nuzlocke run progression:

Beat the sixth gym and am at Lilycove right now. I've caught a few other Pokémon along the way, but none that have been team-worthy. I've also had a Zigzagoon/Linoone appear first on 5 different routes now -- one of which is currently on my team, one of which is a Zigzagoon in my box, one of which is a Linoone in my box, and the other 2 I didn't even bother catching. I'm just hoping I can get another good Pokémon to put on my team...maybe a Wailmer or something.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wailmer is awesome.

Go for it, Firus!

Hmmmm....What rod do you need for Wailmer?
You can get it with a Good Rod, but it's a 60/20/20 chance, with Magikarp at the 60 (and I already have a Magikarp). Super Rod, on the other hand, can catch it with 100% on multiple routes -- which is where I intend to go, as soon as I get the Super Rod in Mossdeep. I'm debating whether or not I should use Repels to get across to Mossdeep so I don't waste the Pokémon on those routes, just in case something happens and I need a backup.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Now that depends on which set of Nuzlocke rules you're running on, doesn't it? :p

In the OP's case there is nothing against the use of Repels.

-Terywj

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, there's nothing in the Nuzlocke rules that says anything about repels, so unless you decide not to do it yourself, there's no reason not to use it. I don't really see anything wrong with it, either. I've already left more than one area open with water just because I didn't have anything with which to obtain the Pokémon yet.

I also don't know how to consider the underwater -- whether it's the same as the route above it, whether the underwater as a whole counts as the same thing, or if each route's underwater area counts as a separate area from the actual route.

I'll probably end up sticking with the third.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I read through all these stories I decided to give it a shot. So far, even setting up the game itself was a story within itself, since I decided that my previous Sapphire team (despite being weak) was still dear to me and I decided to transfer all of them to Pearl before I attempt this.

So I'll be working on a Sapphire version, hopefully I won't completely fail through the first gym.

M.K

Level 55
Killed Nidoran Female on the Route next to Pewter....but caught a Zubat inside Mt. Moon!! :DD Mitsugi the Zubat Chick. =3

GRAVEYARD: 1

Grunt

Smash Master
I'm totally going to do this.
old school red version, here i come.
not doing the RNG stuff.
Started with my trusty bulbasaur FEELSGOODmn (mn being the mn half of pkmn)
off i go...

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Well, I started, and here's the story as such.

Version: Sapphire
Trainer: Retro
Rival: Brandon

Starting out I wanted to do something different than what I normally do in my pokemon games. So I decided to start out with a Mudkip that I named Mansion. He seemed like a pretty good pokemon, so I headed north to where Brandon was. From those two routes I found no pokemon at all, which really surprised me. By the time I got to Brandon with no experience, I was rather nervous but managed to beat him easilly. Got back to New Bark town safe and sound, with Mansion rearing at my side. It seemed now that picking a Mudkip was the best idea i've had so far. By the time I got my first five pokeballs, I was ready for the worst.

Went north, and hoped to get my first pokemon. Since it was 10:00 that night when I was playing and obviously half awake, I caught a pokemon there. It was a Zigzagoon and I decided to name him Lee. I then remembered that in the route north from there I didn't see any pokemon, so I prayed for a Wingull or Poochenya but got another Zigzagoon. Named him Ruffles, and decided two pickup pokemon are better than one. Went west from there, and ended up battling my first real trainer battles. I nearly had a seizure when Mansion suffered from a critical hit from an opponent's Zigzagoon but he surprisingly surivived the blow. I send in Ruffles and start cheering him on, but by this time i'm playing before school starts and people are giving me strange looks. By the time I finished all the trainers in the area, I finally ran around in the tall grass hoping for a ralts. Got yet another Zigzagoon, to my dismay, and named her Laura. At this point in time i'm thinking of getting my Zigzagoon team up to level 7 each so I can make it west without worry.

Team:
Mansion the Mudkip - lvl9
Lee the Zigzagoon - lvl4
Ruffles the Zigzagoon - lvl4
Laura the Zigzagoon - lvl3

Storage:
none

Graveyard:
none

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
With a little bit of free time today I decided to start my own run through this. With HG, SS and my Emerald currently having games I'd like to keep, I'm gonna be going through FireRed. I never use nicknames but I'll go ahead and follow the additional rule for it.

Trainer: Red
Rival: Green

Gonna end up with lots of rats and birds before this is done.

As Red, (Cause he's good enough to get this done) I went over to Oak's and got my starter. I usually wait to get a decent nature before starting out, but per the rules I only get one shot, welcoming a Brave Squirtle as my first partner. Naming him Raphael, I got to work taking on Green's Bulbasaur. Close battle but I won with low yellow health, packed up and headed to Viridian. Fought a couple of Rattatas along the way but with no way to catch them I couldn't begin the challenge.

Got Oak's custom pokeball back to him and received my own, letting the journey begin. Since I always do it to spite my rival I went over and spent some quality time with Green's sister (:falcon: HYES!) and got my Town Map. Heading onto Route 1 it didn't take long to find my first pokemon, a Pidgey, which... actually broke out. With no choice, I took it down. One area down, but at least I got Lvl 7 Raph out of it. :chuckle: Going to Route 22 I tried again, finding a Mankey and successfully catching her. Raph got introduced to his new teammate, the Timid Viola, and I set to work on raising them a little. After buying antidotes and potions for the future of course.

For being timid my little Mankey became really good at scoring criticals, which saved her in a few rough moments until she learned Low Kick. From there training went smoothly, since all the rats wasted their turns with Tail Whip whenever LK didn't take them out right away. Up north on Route 2 I got another chance at a Pidgey, managing to add the Mild mannered reporter (Clark) Kent to the roster. I healed up and saved at Viridian, since I had to stop for now.

The Team
Squirtle, Raphael the Brave at level 9, Male
Mankey, Viola the Timid at level 7, Female
Pidgey, Kent the Mild (Mannered Reporter) at level 4, Male

The Reserve
None

The Fallen
None

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Name: Emerald
Rival: May
Badges: 1

Hey again continuing my nuzlocke run on Emerald. This is a very eventful chapter and it starts out from me leaving petalburg city after helping out Wally with his catching ( No shiny ralts this time =p) I then trained my team up a bit and then entered Petalburg Woods. It was mainly okay going through until my Flawless got poisoned and I only just made it back in time to heal up =). When I left the forest, I battled the trainers as normal but it was the double battle with the twins that affected me the most. I took doen the lotad with no problem but seedot was hacking fully and absorbing all my attacks.

Blazer used tackle
crit hit and took half heath -.-
Flawless used tackle
crit hit and left 1 hp...Nooooooo
Seedot used bide
Blazer fainted

I had lost one of my favourites aleady whihc is not a great start =( I run to the poke center in Rustboro and laid my Blazer to rest =(. I had to move on so i then entered the Rustboro gym.

The Gym leader match was very eventful when she moved on to Nosepass,

I started with flawless and used water gun and got nosepass to 1/4 half but then he crited a rock tomb and left Flawless with 2 hp >< I switched to NomNom so I could heal up Flawless with a potion but.. Nosepass used Block which meant I counldnt switch to anyone ><. I know NomNom was done but i wanted to go down fighting so i licked once and confused it with supersonic but soon enough NomNom got crit hited with rock tomb and fainted so I then got out Leafy. What a tough battle this was >< It started well with Leafy vine winping nosepass into using two super potins but then it got tough ><

Leafy used Vinewhip
Nosepass = half health
Nosepass used Rock tomb
Crit hit and left me with 1hp =0

Bellsprout used vine whip
Nosepass health = basically 1 hp....whatttttttttt!

Nosepass used rock tomb.....Bye bye leafy.....

Nosepass attack missed...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leafy used vine whip
crit hit ><
Nosepass fainted

Emerald takes the win but what a gum battle it was and i lost another team member =( Nomnom would of been useful later on but i have to move on.

I rnged for a pokemon ater my gym win and...

I got a Marshtomp!!! =D

Lols at replacing my starter mon

So i named it Steve and added it to my team and at lvl 15 is gunna evovle in abit =D

so as it starts my team is like this

Current team:

Koffing ( Toxiball)

Bellsprout ( Leafy)

Staryu ( Flawless)

Bagon ( Nifty)

Mudkip ( Steve )

PC: 0

Graveyard:

Cydinquil ( Blazer )

Lickatung ( NomNom )

Next chapter out soon!

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Version: Sapphire
Trainer: Retro
Rival: Brandon

Soon after the capture of Laura I headed out west and immediatly lost both Lee and Laura. It wasn't much of surprise to me, so I put down the Zigzagoon to rest. I went into the tall grass and to my luck I found a Tailow, of whom I named Mika. In happiness of finding something other than a Zigzagoon I beat the nearby trainers with her and proceeded to go into the forest nearby (if you haven't figured out yet, i'm terrible with remembering names of places in Pokemon). There I found a wurmple, and since I was playing at night I decided it would be worth the chance to get a Dustox. But sadly, I brutally lost my dear Ruffles to that monster. It was the first painful loss i've been through yet, as I watched my Ruffles slowly die from poison. Angered at my new catch, I deemed her Needles and hoped that she would be a good trade, that murderer. I then went to put Ruffles down, sadly as he had such promise.

I then managed to get through the forest quite easilly, Mika took care of all the trainers there. Got a great ball from a Devon executive and escaped the forest. Battled a few trainers, and Needles evolved into a Cascoon. Hoping for the best, I managed to sweep Roxanne with Mansion and went north twoards the route up there. Thankfully, Mansion evolved so now I have a Marshtomp on my team. Failed my first catch of a Whismur, but after I beat all the trainers there I headed into the cave and caught myself a female Whismur named Shilo. Got myself another pokeball and went back west to get Shilo to a good level.

Team:
Mansion the Marshtomp - lvl16
Mika the Tailow - lvl11
Needles the Cascoon - lvl8
Shilo the Whismur - lvl6

Storage:
none

Graveyard:
Lee the Zigzagoon
Laura the Zigzagoon
Ruffles the Zigzagoon

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Gonna go ahead and borrow the layout that's caught on here. :chuckle:

**** you too Weedle :mad:

Training up from last time I went into Viridian Forest to see what I could catch next. I wasn't pleased to see a Kakuna pop up in front of me, but a Beedrill does tend to be a decent early level pokemon so I tried catching it. Wouldn't you know, this one broke out of the ball too, so another victim for my little Mild mannered reporter Kent. Continuing on to do some training I very quickly ran into the (Zerg) Weedle Rush, all of whom just wouldn't stop poisoning me. Anytime I didn't one shot one of the ****ed things, Poison Sting got to my partners every single time. I haven't seen poison go off this often in years, if ever at all, and only being able to use healing or curing items in battle, it always took some clever potion use to be able to shift my team around and successfully heal.

I even had to run back to Viridian to buy more Antidotes once my first batch ran out. On my return to the forest it quickly paid off. I reached a point where they finally stopped abusing their hax, taking them out afterward and gaining levels. I can't remember a time I've been so happy to see Caterpie, Metapod or Kakuna, if only to keep away from seeing Poison Sting. Heading out with a team of level 12's I entered Pewter City, healed up and went over to visit Brock.

Raphael took out the one trainer no problem, but I didn't want to let him have all the glory so I switched Viola in to face Brock first. Chopping Geodude down with minimal damage she went on to take Onix to an inch of his life, unable to deal the final blow only due to being slowed down by Rock Tomb which would let Onix go ahead of her. Switching out to Raph, he took 2 Tackles well before countering with Water Gun. That's one badge down.

Route 3 went very well, some careful maneuvering of Raphael and Water Gun getting me around the Ekans and Nidoran without too much damage. I made sure to send Kent out against the bugs, getting a measure of revenge for Viridian Forest. Heading to the grass I found... another Pidgey, happy joy joy. Still, I caught it and welcomed the Brave Karl to the group, even if my only intention is to box him since I don't need two Pidgeys running around on my main team. I found it hilarious that the very next pokemon I found was a Jigglypuff, with a Spearow following after. I would've preferred catching one of them, haha. Inside Mt. Moon I found a Lax Zubat first (Of course), caught her and named her Elly. I fought a couple of trainers and got Raph to become Wartortle, but stopped and saved here. Since I'm not sure if I want to train Elly up to match my team or if I'd rather leave it for later when she can be taught a TM to make it easier.

The Team
Wartortle, Raphael the Brave at level 16, Male
Mankey, Viola the Timid at level 15, Female
Pidgey, Kent the Mild at level 15, Male
Zubat, Elly the Lax at level 11, Female

The Reserve
Pidgey, Karl the Brave at level 6, Male

The Fallen
None

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Holy asdf, this sounds fun. After I've got some stuff done on my Scramble Challenge on my Emerald I should do this on my GBC Silver. Got it the day before SS came out to complete my GSC collection, still haven't touched it. x3

EDIT: Doing it with Platinum. My brother wants his GBA back. xD

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Badges: 2

After all these years, still a douche huh Green?

I decided to go around Mt. Moon and use the trainers to provide experience to get Elly up to match my team's levels. Slow, but with the help of a Rare Candy it paid off and she learned Bite, which let her become a fully functioning member of the team. I quickly came close to losing her as her next fight was against a Rocket member, wielding a Rattata that hit a critical with Tackle and then hit Hyper Fang next. Elly already being fairly fragile I thought for sure I'd lost her, but she managed to survive with 6 HP left. Grateful, I switched to Raphael and let him beat the **** out of the little rat. A random pokemon encounter later and I healed the adorable little bat back up to respectable health, letting her practice her new Bite out on more random encounters. Beat the Super Nerd, got my Helix Fossil and walked out to Route 4.

Meeting up with the two Black Belt Tutors I taught Mega Punch to Raph and gave Mega Kick to Viola. I wasn't planning to have the moves for very long but they'd come in handy this early in the game like they always do. Healing up and resupplying in Cerulean City I came back to Route 4 to get a little further training, since without any pokeballs left I wasn't going to catch anything. With what's on the route I wasn't missing much anyways.

Before long Kent turned into a Mild mannered Pidgeotto and I returned for healing to Cerulean. Wanting a little more experience before the gym I went for the bridge to take on Green, everything going smoothly until I got to his Bulbasaur. Elly wasn't making a dent in his defenses, and would eventually lose first due to Leech Seed going off so I switched off to Viola. Surprisingly, Bulbasaur used Leech Seed again but I didn't think it a big deal. Mega Kick went off and left Bulbasaur with low yellow health, one Scratch away from death.

And that's when Vine Whip hit critically, taking Viola down to a measly 2 HP. And what did Bulbasaur do just one turn ago? That's right, Leech Seed, which took that 2 HP away and cost me a team member. You piece of trash. :mad: I sent Elly back in there and let her finish the job, her Bite hitting critically and ending the match. It was completely unexpected, having to lose a teammate this early into the game.

Healing up again, I went over and payed Misty and her trainers a visit. Similar to my experience in the first gym, Elly made sure the trainers were no threat with Astonish and Bite making them flinch left and right. Sending Kent up against Misty first, Staryu fell after using its few turns to beef up its defense, during which I just kept hitting it anyway. But he didn't have as much success against Starmie, who has a beefy defense to begin with and took him down to just past half health with Water Pulse. Switching him out for Raphael he soaked up the incoming Water Pulse well, using a couple of Bites of his own to get me another badge. If only Viola could've been here to see it. *Manly Tears*

Another healing later and I headed to Nugget Bridge, teaching Raphael my newly won Water Pulse and decimating the trainers there. I especially destroyed the one trainer with a Mankey, who reminded me of just having lost my own. I did the same with the lone Rocket member, just because he happened to come right after the Mankey trainer. Feeling like I'd done enough damage in Viola's name I went on to the next route, continuing the devastation train I'd started on the bridge. I freed Bill from his fate, finished up in Cerulean and got my Dig TM and headed off for Vermilion.

Wiped the floor with the trainers just before Vermilion for the most part, taking a few criticals but nothing that my partners couldn't handle. Elly turned into a Golbat during all of this, which didn't hurt at all. :) Healing up I saved at Vermilion, realizing I'd need my next two captures with the Great Balls coming up to count since my entire team is at a disadvantage against Lt. Surge.

The Team
Wartortle, Raphael the Brave at level 24, Male
Pidgeotto, Kent the Mild at level 22, Male
Golbat, Elly the Lax at level 22, Female

The Reserve

The Fallen
Mankey, Viola the Timid at level 18, Female *Cue more Manly Tears*

I'll be keeping my fallen partners in a box specifically designated for them so I can see how many have gone down on my journey.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm in Eterna Forest. Grotle, named Deku-kun, a Starvia christened Vermi, and a Geodude that I call SPLOASHUNN.
I caught a female Buneary named Bob, but it got killed.
By an Abra.
._.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Badges: 2
Status: Wondering how to pull a Snake and just sneak into the 3rd Gym.

FireRed doesn't want me to have nice things.

Though I knew I could just risk it and head for the 3rd badge with my current team, I decided to see if I could get myself either a Drowzee or a Diglett. Since the first pokemon I found on Route 11 was an Ekans, I went into Diglett cave and caught myself one with the new Great Balls I'd found, welcoming Gene the Careful to the team. I taught him Rock Tomb and got him some levels, went back to get my shiny new bike in Cerulean and went to the S.S. Anne. Since I'd been to the ship several times in both the originals and the remakes and nothing had ever gone wrong, I figured things would go smoothly.

And they did at first. Until I ran into a sailor whose Machop scored a critical hit off a Karate Chop and took Gene down from full health, exactly the reason I didn't really want to have a Diglett on my team for this challenge. Revenge killing the little warrior, I went back and deposited Gene to eternal rest before coming back for the rest of the ship. A few matches later another Machop did something similar to Kent, but he managed to survive with 6 HP and countered with Gust to survive the battle. I met up with Green not too long after that and took him down, not coming close to losing a single partner this time. Got my Cut HM and went to heal.

It was at this point that I realized I was screwed without a pokemon capable of learning Cut, so I went back through the routes that were available to me. On Route 6, the last available area open to me now I found and caught a Brave Oddish. I named him Hazan and set about to leveling him up, depending on him now to get me safely through the 3rd gym. Along the way I headed into Diglett's Cave again, since it wouldn't be a bad place to train a little Oddish up. I found a fairly low level Diglett and Hazan was only a few points away from full health, so I thought, why not? I was certain I'd be able to sponge up whatever it gave out and Absorb health in return.

Diglett's first move was Magnitude. Okay, I should have enough defense to... Oh ****.

The number was 8. The hit was critical.

Down went Hazan. :mad:

In review, I have no new routes left to catch pokemon in and I have no one who can learn cut. This attempt is done. I'll start a new one soon enough cause I like this challenge, and I won't be breaking the pokeball rule at this point to get a Cutter since I have no routes left open to me anyway. That and I feel it's harder if you don't break it since you're left to carefully manage your party so you can always have someone who can use the HM's.

Final Result:

The Team
Wartortle, Raphael the Brave at level 26, Male
Pidgeotto, Kent the Mild at level 25, Male
Golbat, Elly the Lax at level 25, Female

The Reserve

The Fallen
Mankey, Viola the Timid at level 18, Female
Diglett, Gene the Careful at level 23, Male
Oddish, Hazan the Brave at level 17, Male

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Awright, started my second attempt not too long ago. Since the thread's falling down the list I decided to post again instead of just editing my old one.

Round 2 mutha*****, LES DO THIS

Same deal as last time, I went to Oak's to get my starter and accepted the first one I got. I considered picking Charmander so I could have a reliable Cutter right off the bat, but I went with Squirtle again for more reliable defenses. To my surprise I got a female Squirtle right there on the first pick, and she was Serious too. I haven't taken a female starter with me since... my last Crystal playthrough many years ago. Naming her Sylvia we got right to work on taking Green's Bulbasaur down, this one standing no chance against us. Whaddya know, she really is serious about all this, haha.

The next few moments were business as usual in FireRed: Headed north to Viridian, stomped a couple of rats on the way, picked up the custom pokeball for Oak, got the dex and my first first catching devices. Unlike the previous run I decided to conserve my pokeballs this time, since I'd horribly forgotten just how few this Gen really gives you for free. Stomped on the first pokemon I saw on Route 1, the poor Pidgey having little chance. Route 22 saw me meet up with another female Mankey, who I named Viola in memory of the one from my first attempt. This one was Gentle... For a Mankey I'm getting some interesting natures.

Gained some levels, headed north and caught a Pidgey on Route 2, since I had intended to catch either one of them or a Rattata. I named the Serious one Phoenix and went on into Viridian Forest, expecting to run into a wall of Poison Sting again. Surprisingly that didn't happen this time, only being poisoned a grand total of 3 times throughout all of my level gaining. Once I felt I was at a high enough level I left and headed back to Route 22 to face Green again, using some good switching to avoid KO's and took his two partners down. Once my party was at level 12 I headed for Pewter, leaving a forest full of fainted bugs behind.

Just like the first time around, Sylvie took down the one trainer there and I sent Viola in to face off with Brock. She surprised me and took down both of Brock's pokemon down on her own, not needing any backup this time. She did have 3 HP left at the end of it, but the battle was over so no worries on my part. Took the badge and TM, got my running shoes and headed out for Route 3 after some healing. Once again Route 3 was of little challenge and I headed to the grass to see what I could catch next, finding a little Spearow. Deciding I wouldn't need one I KO'd it and headed into Mt. Moon.

I actually tried to sneak over to the first ladder going underground without triggering any random pokemon encounters, since I've always had good luck with finding a Paras quickly down there. I was a couple of steps away from it when out popped Zubat, who I decided to KO. After beating all of the trainers in the first area I decided to stop and level the party up a little more, getting Wartortle before I decided to stop playing for this session. For the first time someone other than my starter was the highest leveled for a little while, Viola still coasting on her experience gained from Pewter Gym.

The Team
Wartortle, Sylvia the Serious at level 16, Female
Mankey, Viola the Gentle at level 16, Female
Pidgey, Phoenix the Serious at level 16, Male

The Reserve
None

The Fallen
None

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I decided I want to start this up again (hopefully last time was a fluke with advancemap)

I rng'd some pokemon and they were:

Wartortle
Heracross
Dodrio
Absol
Dunsparce
Wigglytuff

I already got an awesome team from the start: Jigglypuff, Absol, Heracross, Squirtle, DUNSPARCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder who will get replaced in the long run

Top Bottom