• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Beat Roark. Right now I'm in Floaroma and ready to go into Valley Windworks (gonna train up my pokemon a bit before doing so though).

Current team

Level 13 Buizel
Level 14 Zubat
Level 14 Machop
Level 15 Bibarel
Level 16 Prinplup
Level 17 Budew

No one died yet. Came across a shiny Zubat earlier and was upset because I couldn't catch it. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Is it me or does the Nuzlocke Challenge seem to make Shinies pop out of thin air just to piss people off.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I saw a post in the original Smogon thread which makes sense.

Zog said:
I would've done exactly the same. [Catch a Pokémon aside from the first one you encounter on the route if it's a shiny.] You can just trade it to another game for a trash pokémon which you release, and it's like it never happened. In fact it makes it harder because you used poké balls catching the shiny.
I intend to live by that rule. If you get a shiny and simply trade it over, then release the trade fodder, you may be breaking a rule or two, but once you have the shiny on a different cartridge and the trade fodder is gone you haven't gained anything, you've lost (a) Poké Ball(s), in fact.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Although it hasn't come up yet (unfortunately :(), I go by the "one for one" rule; I can catch as many shinys as I want, but I have to release (or box, is what I'm doing) the Pokemon that I caught from the same route, or else release (box) the shiny. Trading would obviously better, but I'm on an emu, so... >.<

---

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Celebrities Die in 3's
Chapter 3: New Friends Come, Old Friends Go, New Old Friends Come Then Go Then Come Again
Chapter 4: Smooth As Be'el's Bottom

Version: Sapphire
Trainer: FURICHI
Badges: 8

Winona had really crippled my team, and looking at the remaining places I could catch Pokemon (water routes, Shoal Cave and Victory Road, basically), I knew I had to do something to give my team a boost.

And then I remembered my Claw Fossil. Hadn't gotten any Pokemon in Rustboro, so it's Armaldo time, baby!

*one speed-grinding session later*

Now he's my lttle tank, and Battle Armour is suddenly the best ability ever. <3

I ended up naming him TOUJOU (again :p), since he was manly enough to carry the name. I saw now (and had noticed a while ago) that I was still missing Hilda from my line-up, which is sad, since she's more important (manga-wise) than half my team, but I'd never found a suitable Pokemon for her. I decided that I would give my last Pokemon the name HILDA, even if it was male.

...Which it was. >.> HILDA the gender-confused Lanturn has joined the party! I was really lucky, considering there are only two underwater routes with catchable Pokemon, and I managed to find Hilda on the second. Unfortunately she's Impish and has Illuminate with a horrible HP IV >.< (oh, and I beat Tate and Liza before I got Hilda, obviously, but they were so pathetic their defeat wasn't worth more than an aside >.>).

After clearing out the cave with Team Aqua without breaking a sweat (Hilda=****), it was time to face Kyogre. Out of fear, I bought Thunder and gave it to Hilda because I didn't want to lose her, but my somewhat overleveled team (all 40+, max is Be'el the epic Flygon at 45 ^.^) meant that Kyogre went down quite quickly, even after a Calm Mind. As her reward, I gave Hilda Tbolt (good thing I didn't use it on Athrun >.<).

Next was Wallace, but Hilda obliterated half of his team, with Oga backing her up (stupid Whiscash and their EQs >:/). Had some unlucky freezehax, but I had an Ice Heal randomly at hand. Hilda makes everything easy. <3

Now my concerns lie in the path to Victory Road and where it leads, and what Pokemon I might find there to add to my team. I'd like pretty much anything but just NOT ZUBAT. I found a Zubat in Shoal Cave, a Zubat in the Aqua cave, and a Zubat in the Cave of Origin. I never thought I'd be this pissed off at my little buddy. </3

---

My Team:

My Box:

Cemetery:

---

No deaths this time. ^_^ Let's hope it stays that way through the E4...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I finally continued my run, and I had a mixture of good and bad luck.

I got through Petalburg Woods without any difficulties and headed to Route 104, finding a Taillow as my Pokémon, which I caught and named Nao. I fought all of the trainers there without much difficulty. I beat the gym easily with my Marshtomp, which had recently evolved. I went onto Route 116 and lo and behold, I found a Skitty which I easily caught and named Konishi.

I was really excited, until I was later leaving that route to heal at the Poké Center...I had my Beautifly, Uzuki, first up when a wild Taillow appeared. It did a little bit of damage with either Tackle or Poison Sting (I forget which I used), then Peck reduced its HP to about half. I knew it would die if I left it out much longer, so I swapped out to Konishi, with half HP. Peck Crithax'd and killed her. =( It was luck, given the critical, but it was truly a stupid move on my part, I should've sent out my level 17 Marshtomp to absorb the attack instead of being so focused on trying to level up only Pokémon who need it. Lesson learned, albeit at the cost of poor Konishi.

Later, in Rusturf Tunnel, I found and caught a Whismur, Sho, which is now on my team in place of Konishi.

After the Team Aqua member was defeated, I headed back to Mr. Briney's house and went to Dewford. In Granite Cave, I found an Abra, but had no means of disabling it from escaping so I threw a Great Ball, which shook once before the Abra escaped and Teleported. Ah well.

I got Uzuki Gust and then took on the Dewford Gym. Brawly went down easily, except for having to take down Machop 3 times since he kept using Super Potions. Luckily, the 2 Super Potions he used on Machop were apparently all he had and Makuhita went out without trouble.

I'm about to head into Granite Cave to seek out Steven. I'll probably evolve Rhyme the Silcoon so it can learn Flash and use that to get through Granite Cave.

Pokémon:

Party:

Yodai | Level 17
Uzuki | Level 16
Nao | Level 14
Sho | Level 9

Reserves:

Rhyme | Level 7

Erased:

Konishi | Level 9

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Celebrities Die in 3's
Chapter 3: New Friends Come, Old Friends Go, New Old Friends Come Then Go Then Come Again
Chapter 4: Smooth As Be'el's Bottom
Chapter 5: Final Destination

Version: Sapphire
Trainer: FURICHI
Badges: 8

So I kinda cheated.

First Pokemon in Victory Road:

Zubat.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tried to leave.

Saw a Hariyama.

*throws ball*

Yeah. >.> I wasn't willing to go into the E4 without a good fighting-type.

Unfortunately the game wasn't willing to let me in WITH one, either, since ALAINDELON the Hariyama (Pelipper's coverage is redundant with Lanturn >.>) died to crithax while training. ;-; I taught it Brick Braek too. >.< I guess that's the game's way of telling me not to cheat...

Out of his loss, and I guess my fear of the E4 now that my plans had been foiled, I ground my team up to level 50. Which is overkill, I suppose, but I wasn't about to let all my hard work raising this team go to waste. The consequence of this was Wally was completely obliterated (I don't think my team was touched lol). But he's lame and has green hair so screw him.

E4 time. I sold most of my items, stocked up on Hold items that might be useful, bought a bunch of Full Restores, and waved sadly at the Revives, for this time, I wouldn't be able to spend money on them. ;-; I fixed my teams moves, read up on the E4's movesets, and headed off.

(As a note, I decided to break the "no items out of battle" rule here, since it'd be a bit ridiculous going up against high-levelled Pokemon when mine are in the yellow, and, getting a bit ahead of myself, a number of my Pokemon would have died had I not healed them beforehand.)

---

Sidney

I expected him to be cake thanks to Hilda doing supereffective damage on 4/5 of his team, but a bit of early misshax thanks to Sand-attack ruined by Hilda sweep and Leech Seed forced me out, so the battle became a bit more complicated, especially when Absol got in a SD. >.> But Toujou and his Battle Armour pulled through and I defeated him with 0 casualties and only half my team damaged, none in the red. Again, this could have gone smoother, but it's good I'm getting all this unlucky hax out now, rather than later, if you think that way.

---

Phoebe

Phoebe really scared me, especially her darned Dusclops with EQ+Ice Beam threatening half of my team. >.< Toujou took it down though ( with 0 Ancientpower PP left, lolpressure), and the rest of her team fell to Be'el Crunches and some Hilda Surfs. Two members of my team ended up getting poisoned from Toxic...exactly why I broke the no items rule.

---

Glacia

Toujou and Hilda worked very well in this match. Toujou destroyed her Glalie, then I switched Hilda to take the Surf and start Tbolting. I had to do a bit more switching and healing shenanigans against the next Glalie, but Hilda managed to take him out. And then her Walrein came out.

Walrein used Sheer Cold!

Walrein's attacked missed!

The few seconds that first sentence stayed on the screen was one of the scariest moments of this entire run. >.< There's no way to tell, but the Lax Incense I put on Hilda may have been the deciding factor in whether she lived or not. But she never used Sheer Cold again and Hilda Tbolted her Walrein for victory.

---

Drake

Drake was the reason I gave Dragon Claw to Oga, but he never ended up using it. Alain basically swept his entire team, and he did it with style. Ice Beam left his Shelgon with one HP, and it missed with Rock Tomb, meaning Drake used a Full Restore on a crappy Pokemon that was about to be KOed with Wing Attack+Ice Beam anyways. Alain took Flygon's Dragonbreath and KOed with Ice Beam, froze Altaria after it DDed and finished with Wing Attack (Drake didn't Full Restore), took a critical hitted Dragonbreath from his other Flygon, survived with 1HP and got paralyzed, and KOed it. Then he took a Dragonclaw from Salamence (I had to heal him first turn, but the first one missed thanks to Lax Incense) and Ice Beamed, which should have left it with enough damage to make Drake heal him, but the Sitrus berry pushed it out of that range, allowing Toujou to come in and Anicientpower without problems for the win. I had new respect for Alain after this battle.

At this point, I still hadn't lost any team members, but Steven was a great worry to me. I planned out what I would do for each Pokemon, healed up, and went on to the final destination.

---

Steven

The first few rounds went as planned. Aoi 2HKOed Skarmory with Flamethrower (it managed to get up Spikes, but w/e) and he went to his Claydol, as predicted. I went to Sceptile to take the EQ, and Leaf Blade 2HKOed, though not before it got up a Reflect, which was somewhat of a nuisance, as I was planning on using Aoi's Poison Fang to deal the bulk of the damage against his Cradily, which, as I predicted, was his next switch-in. So I Flamethrowered.

And then bad things started happening.

Cradily took the Flamethrower way better than I expected and responded with Ancientpower. It didn't KO, but OMG +1 TO ALL STATS. Fearing that Aoi wouldn't be able to take another, I went to Be'el to take the next AP. Reflect went down, so I EQ'd. It didn't do much, and now the Pokemon I was counting on for Metagross was in red health, while Cradily was near full health thanks to Giga Drain. I switched in Oga to take the next Giga, and then went to Toujou to take the Sludge Bomb; my little plan worked, at the cost of weakening my Pokemon from Spikes, and Toujou getting poisoned in the process. But again, I had underestimated Cradily's defenses. Metal Claw barely dented it, while Ancientpower brought Toujou down to half-health, and worst of all, Cradily had gotten ANOTHER +1 to all stats. Without really thinking, I used Protect, since I was almost sure I was going to be outsped and KOed, though healing didn't cross my mind for some reason. I did heal next turn, but Ancentpower critted and basically meant I had wasted a Full Restore, because Toujou was knocked out. ;-; I went to Alain to try and outspeed and get some freezehax (I gave him a Quickclaw), but he Giga Drained before I could do anything, and I had lost another teammate before I knew it. >.<

At this point I thought things were over; Aoi's defenses weren't strong enough to hold against another Ancientpower, and the damage I was doing was too pitiful to KO him before crithax got the best of me, especially with all those boosts.

But then he Giga Drained.

I hadn't realized it until now, but the Protect I used with Toujou had saved Aoi's life; I had managed to PP stall it out of Ancientpower PP! It might mean wasting all my Full Restores (I was still left with 19 at the end, FYI), but I could do this with a lot of burns/poisons from Flamethrower/Poison Fang. Eventually, after many Full Restores (from both sides), Cradily Struggled himself to death.

But a problem came in the form of Aggron and his EQ. Hilda obviously couldn't take it, and Sceptile had been weakened way too much. Be'el could absorb the EQ, but if Aggron used Dragon Claw or survived Be'el's EQ, I wouldn't be able to beat Metagross without crithax. Though it pained me to do so, I decided that the only thing I could do was sacrifice Aoi to heal Be'el. She had done her role, and I needed to be at full health when taking on Metagross. Aoi died from EQ ( ;-; ), but Be'el took revenge with an EQ of his own. I was left with Oga, Hilda and Be'el once more...could this be fate?

I had hoped he would send out Armaldo at this point, so I could heal up my team members and prepare for Metagross, but Steven jumped the gun and went to Metagross straight away. This was the reason I gave Be'el Soft Sand.

Be'el used Earthquake!
Metagross lost 70% of its health!

Metagross used Meteor Mash!
It's a critical hit!
Be'el lost 100% of it's health.
Be'el died.

Nooooooooooooooo. T_T I don't know if Be'el could have survived anyway, but he was the one I was counting on to beat Metagross. Worse, Meteor Mash had given him a +1 to attack and the Sitrus Berry pushed him back into the green. I sent out Oga, healed him (Metagross missed with Hyper Beam), and did a bit of damage with Leaf Blade before another critted Meteor Mash got the best of him. <_> I sent out Hilda, and just to mock me, Metagross used HyperBeam, despite knowing EQ, and still KOed me.

I lost. >_<

It's pretty much impossible for me to continue this run, since my box is filled with garbage Pokemon for the most part, and I have very few unexplored routes left, meaning I'd pretty much have to grind them all up to 100 to win, which isn't fun or challenging. So I'm done.

Thanks for reading.

---

My Team:

Kanzaki was always loyal to me, and his Pick-up really helped me on my run. He's the only one who deserves to be remaining on my team before I leave this file for good.

My Box:

Worthless. >:/

Cemetery:

My cemetery no longer looks like this, since I released all of my Pokemon after I took this picture. I really liked my team. ;-;

---

Despite my loss, this really was a fun experience, and I plan on doing another one soon, likely on FRLG with a cool, alternate mode of Nuzlocke I found. It has the same rules, but no catching; you start the game with 6 randomized Pokemon at level 5 which you use throughout the game. They die, they're gone. You can also get another (random) Pokemon after each gym battle at the same level as the leader's highest leveled Pokemon, though that's an optional rule (but I intend to follow it). Hopefully I can do better then. ^_^

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just beat Gardenia.

Current team

Level 19 Meditite
Level 19 Buizel
Level 19 Pachirisu
Level 21 Machop
Level 22 Prinplup
Level 24 Crobat

Storage

Bibarel

Cemetery

Budew

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sir Bedevere, for what it's worth, it was really interesting to read your posts. I'm sorry it ended that way, it sucks so much that you got all the way to the Champion without losing anyone, only to have Steven rip your team apart...that's the worst way to lose the challenge.

Good luck on your future run(s), I hope you post your summaries again when you start another run.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Despite my loss, this really was a fun experience, and I plan on doing another one soon, likely on FRLG with a cool, alternate mode of Nuzlocke I found. It has the same rules, but no catching; you start the game with 6 randomized Pokemon at level 5 which you use throughout the game. They die, they're gone. You can also get another (random) Pokemon after each gym battle at the same level as the leader's highest leveled Pokemon, though that's an optional rule (but I intend to follow it). Hopefully I can do better then. ^_^
You just inspired me to do a run like this on an emu of Silver, using an online RNG to decide the Pokemon I get and retrying if I get a legendary or a repeat Pokemon. Due to having access to a Gameshark via the emu, I'll just hack the game so the Pokemon I find are those specific Pokemon or their prevos and catch them at like lvl 2 or 3.

This team is full of win:
Ditto
Farfetch'd
Jigglypuff
Snubbull
Magby
Magnemite

<3 this specific RNG. I use it for everything and it basically always gives me good results.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sorry bout that Bevedere.

On the bright side, you are just like the guy in those Nuzlocke comics XD

Update:

I still can't find the freaking save file that I have this on :mad:

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I really liked your stories/chapters/commentray. Good try and good luck on your next run!
Sir Bedevere, for what it's worth, it was really interesting to read your posts. I'm sorry it ended that way, it sucks so much that you got all the way to the Champion without losing anyone, only to have Steven rip your team apart...that's the worst way to lose the challenge.

Good luck on your future run(s), I hope you post your summaries again when you start another run.
Thanks guys! =D

You just inspired me to do a run like this on an emu of Silver, using an online RNG to decide the Pokemon I get and retrying if I get a legendary or a repeat Pokemon. Due to having access to a Gameshark via the emu, I'll just hack the game so the Pokemon I find are those specific Pokemon or their prevos and catch them at like lvl 2 or 3.

This team is full of win:
Ditto
Farfetch'd
Jigglypuff
Snubbull
Magby
Magnemite

<3 this specific RNG. I use it for everything and it basically always gives me good results.
Ditto+Farfetch'd=soooo much amazing.

Also, is your RNG this by any chance? You can exclude legendaries by just putting no under the dropdown bar. And if it isn't, well, here's one that may or may not have a few more options than yours that you can use if you're willing to drop your lucky RNG. =P This is the one I use, if it wasn't any more obvious.

Sorry bout that Bevedere.
>:/

On the bright side, you are just like the guy in those Nuzlocke comics XD
Except I managed to bring my team all the way to Steven without deaths.

Which is actually kind of worse, in my opinion. XP

---

Anyways, I got around to starting my FireRed runthrough today (would have done LeafGreen, but ran into problems while hacking it >.<). BTW, this type of Nuzlocke run can be done on cartridge too if you have access to the Pokemon who you received from the RNG, then breed for them and ferry them over to your file, but using a rom is easier since you can use codes/hacks to get the Pokemon in (like what Writer and I are doing). I won't detail how to do that here, though, since I'm pretty sure I'd be breaking two rules at once. <_> But I digress.

First off, I decided to RNG with a bit of structure. I wanted to have a bit of balance in my team, at least starting off (I'll go full RNG when I receive Pokemon after Gym battles), so I RNGed for a Water, Fire, and Grass type.

Next, I associated each typing to a number and RNGed to determine what type of Pokemon to search for, just to avoid getting spammed with too many same-type mons. The first result returned Dark.

Then I got Fighting.

Lastly, Flying.

All I can say is holy crap. Not only did I get some awesome Pokemon (Slowbro and Absol yesyesyes) but I even got the mascot of the Nuzlocke series! I've also never used any of these Pokemon in any previous playthrough (except probably Fearow). Hopefully I get a good Grass or Electric type after I beat Brock, because Shiftry has the worst movepool ever and Misty might be a bit of a pain (and if not, there's still Absol <3).

---

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Rules:

-Start with a random team of 6 (non-legendary) Pokemon at their lowest forms at Level 5.
-After each gym, I am allowed to RNG for another random (non-legendary) Pokemon at the same level of the last gym leader's highest leveled Pokemon.
-I cannot ever catch or receive Pokemon (includes fossils), and any Pokemon received in such a way must be released or boxed [this time, I'm going to straight release them. It makes it a bit harder to do].
-If a Pokemon faints, it is gone for good and must be released or boxed. I can continue after a white out if there are any non-dead Pokemon in my box.
-No healing items outside of battle, including Ethers, Potions, Antidotes etc.
-SET battle mode.
-NICKNAMES.

Chapter 1: A Flare Overhead

Version: FireRed
Trainer: WHAT?!?
Rival: CLEETUS
Badges: 0

So this first chapter is basically just filler and an intro to my run. :p This post is big enough already without any more stuff being added.

Here's my team at a glance:

FRANKY just seemed like a really fitting name for a Combusken or Blaziken. Kinda off for a Torchic though (as a side note, I've just realized how much I hate Torchic's sprite).

DOOMBLADE and LOCKDOWN were both kind of random, though I'm 99% sure Lockdown came up because of Nuzlocke. The rest of the names just appealed to me.

Currently grinding them all the way to level 10 before I take on my Rival and other trainers. Started with SHARONA and OH MAN SHE LEVELS SLOW, but I'll need her epic defenses and Water Gun if I want to take on Brock without level-spamming.

Oh, and I gave myself a random name to go along with my random run. :p I've had a few funny moments using it so far, actually.

Chika chika Slim Shady?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Thank guys! =D

Ditto+Farfetch'd=soooo much amazing.

Also, is your RNG this by any chance? You can exclude legendaries by just putting no under the dropdown bar. And if it isn't, well, here's one that may or may not have a few more options than yours that you can use if you're willing to drop your lucky RNG. =P This is the one I use, if it wasn't any more obvious.
That one is actually much better than the one I used. All I did is take a normal RNG that I used for an MMO a while back and made the numbers 1 to 250 (why I included the last few numbers, I don't know). And that was the team it gave me.

Luckily I haven't started the run yet, because now I can use this team.

Donphan
Voltorb
Staryu
Horsea
Ivysaur
Xatu

****ing Starmie! :mad: It's a shame I can't get a Kingdra though. Not like I need it. ...actually, I think I might try this on Blue! :D Which means new team! I'll post it later and such, because I don't want to make two lists in the same post.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just made it into Solaceon... Things got kind of sticky around Route 209.

Current Team

Level 17 Bibarel
Level 20 Gastly
Level 20 Cranidos
Level 24 Meditite
Level 24 Prinplup
Level 25 Crobat

Storage

Happiny
Geodude

Cemetery

Budew
Pachirisu
Staravia
Machop
Buizel

I've got some work to do.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, since I lost the save file, I'm gonna have to clock it here.

Results:

I got to the fighting gym and my team was:

Nincada
Wishmur
Lombre
Marill

I forgot the rest... already.

I'm deciding whether to try FireRed again (lol last time I lost due to my unawareness of potion use XD) or go do Crystal.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
****, just realized that I caught my Gastly on a route where I had already seen some pokemon.... Glad I noticed that before I did anything useful with it. =/

More later.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Who has actually followed through with every single rule though? Just curious.

I'm going to start my FireRed Nuzlocke after I finish up my Battle Factory nonsense, haha.

-Terywj

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Who has actually followed through with every single rule though? Just curious.
I have, thus far.

Well, I haven't released Skitty, but that's just to have a graveyard.

M.K

Level 55
Question:

How difficult is it to follow the Pokeball thing? I mean, I'm pretty sure you don't find alot of Pokeballs in the wild...O.o Especially not later on.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm... I'm still having a hard time deciding whether to do FireRed or Crystal.

Crystal=oudated but nostalgic

FireRed=updated but unostalgic

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Question:

How difficult is it to follow the Pokeball thing? I mean, I'm pretty sure you don't find alot of Pokeballs in the wild...O.o Especially not later on.
I've only done two gym badges so far, so I'm not the best reference for later on, but up to this point I've got a handful of extra balls. As long as you catch everything on the first shot, you're only using one per area, so it does save them somewhat.

I may follow Sir Bedevere's modification later on in the game, where you buy 5 balls in a new town if you have none (discounting the Master Ball).

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I tested out what pokemon I would get on the RNG and I got some interesting ones =p

1st set- Dugtrio/ Dustox/ Hitmonlee/ Porygon/ Mewtwo (haha)/ Primeape

2nd set- Munchlax/ Lairon/ Poliwarth/ Bibarel (><) / Machop/ Wynaut

3rd set- Honchkrow/ Lopbunny/ Spinarak/ Drapion/ Scizor/ Linoone

Not going to use these of course but it was funny to see what would come up and Lols at getting a Mewtwo :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok I've decided myself. I'm going with the rng rules to which the rng generator came up with:

Spheal
Chinchou
Baltoy
Cacnea
Slakoth
Ralts

I'm going to do this on Pokemon Emerald. Now if I could only find a cheat to get these guys at lvl 5...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Question:

It depends on which version you're playing, since some regions give you more dropped Pokeballs than others (I think Gen3 has the most), but playing through Sapphire and catching nearly every Pokemon I saw, I only ever had to resort to my "buy 5 balls if pack is empty" rule twice. And if I'd done my speedtraining with two Zigzagoons earlier, I would have had 10 Ultra balls, so I might not have used it at all.

YMMV, of course, since you might run into Pokemon with higher/lower catch rates than I did, or get luckier/less luckier on catching them (generally, I caught everything on the first ball), so it's up to you if you think you need my rule/Nuzlocke's rule/your own rule/no rule/potato.

That one is actually much better than the one I used. All I did is take a normal RNG that I used for an MMO a while back and made the numbers 1 to 250 (why I included the last few numbers, I don't know). And that was the team it gave me.
Ah, I remember using that method before when I was giving myself a different (random) starter Pokemon to make things more interesting.

****ing Starmie! :mad:
You can't escape the Starevolution. :p Unless you have Hypnotoed.

---

Right, I've run into a few snags with my FireRed run. >_< I just realized after raising Lockdown to level 14 (when he should have evolved) that you can't evolve Pokemon not found in the dex native to the game you're playing, unless you have the National dex. I tried to hack the National dex in, but I fail and can't do it, so I'm pretty much screwed and have to toss Franky and Lockdown. ;-; Natasha can stay since she can't evolve anyway, and I was lucky that half my Pokemon are in the Kantodex.

But to be "consistent", I decided to re-roll for a Grass-type and Fighting-type to replace my lost members and catch them at level 10 (which is actually more of a handicap since they have less EVs). I re-rolled until I got one that was in the Kantodex or couldn't evolve. Here they are:

I've used Mankey before, but this is still quite interesting.

---

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 2: Wish Upon A Starmie

Badges: 2

After my grinding session, I went to fight Cleetus, who somehow revived his Squritle despite me killing it with NO U the Charmander (who I released after getting my team). He isn't following our rules. >:/ He went down without much trouble. I got through Viridian Forest with very few poisonings, and the first Pokemon I saw was a Pikachu. Lol, if this was a normal run...

Brock was pathetic, thanks to Sharona and her Water Gun. Not much else to say about him. :/ Here's my team at this point:

It was after this point (after training Lockdown) that I realized I couldn't evolve my non-Kantodex mons, so I released them and gave myself QUIGGLY the Exeggcute and DESMOND the Mankey (he shall live on in this game <3), both male. I gave Quiggly Bullet Seed so he could do things to Water and Rock types (Misty >:/). I also remembered that I had a free Pokemon at this point, so it was time for another RNG.

I wanted a Ground-type. :) Too bad GREGORY the Rhyhorn is Quiet with Lightingrod. >.< I box him for now, since he won't be of use till Surge.

Quiggly, Genghis and Desmond did nasty, nasty things to Mt. Moon. I picked up a fossil I'd never use after completely destroying the Supernerd protecting them, who missed on every single attack he made LOL. That's what you get for trying to poison Genghis. :bee:

Looking at the levels of my team (all 15/16), I was considering going to grind before the rival battle, but I didn't think it'd be too bad. And it wasn't, for the most part. And then he sent out Rattatta.

His TOP ****ING PERCENTAGE Rattatta.

Desmond used Karate Chop!
Rattatta survived somehow!
Rattatta used Tackle!
A critical hit!
Desmond has died.
Desmond's soul has been collected.

I should have known better than to name it Desmond. ;-;

Quiggly getting his revenge by throwing balls at his zombie Squirtle's face.

D@mnit Desmond. >_<

Gregory joins the party. And now it's time to grind...that can't happen again.

After taking down Nugget Bridge and making Bill into less of a man than he was as a Cleafairy, it was Misty time. Quiggly had gotten to level 20, and with Leech Seed and Bullet Seed going for him, I thought we could do it.

I thoughttttttt.

Bullet Seed takes care of Staryu no problems (I take a Water Pulse in the process but w/e), and out comes Starmie. I bullet Seed first turn to see what kind of damage I'm doing. It isn't much, but Starmie's Water Pulse wasn't bad either. Leech Seed will get me more consistent damage +healing, so I try that. It misses, and now suddenly I'm confused. Not wanting to risk anything, I heal Quiggly, and try to Leech again. I hit myself, and I'm in the yellow once more. I heal and try it again BUT OH WAIT WATER PULSE CRITICAL. Down to 6 HP, confused, and trying to attack, do you think I would make it?

You're dang right I don't. >.< Quiggly goes down to all kinds of hax, and I once again had to rely on Sharona. After many Yawns, Confusion hax, and healing (eventually resulting in me stalling out her Water Pulse PP), I finally claimed victory.

...But at what cost. :(

This is too early to be happening. >.<

After that I stopped, a little put off from losing two valuable members in short succession, but before I forgot, I RNGed for my reward for beating Misty.

Apparently the game doesn't want me to be lacking in Psychic types. o_O

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I tested out what pokemon I would get on the RNG and I got some interesting ones =p

1st set- Dugtrio/ Dustox/ Hitmonlee/ Porygon/ Mewtwo (haha)/ Primeape

2nd set- Munchlax/ Lairon/ Poliwarth/ Bibarel (><) / Machop/ Wynaut

3rd set- Honchkrow/ Lopbunny/ Spinarak/ Drapion/ Scizor/ Linoone

Not going to use these of course but it was funny to see what would come up and Lols at getting a Mewtwo :laugh:
Bibarel wouldn't be that bad in a playthrough, especially if it's Simple Bibarel with Amnesia, Curse, and Charge Beam.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 3: Shock of Lightning

Badges: 3

Before heading to Viridan, I had to catch the new member of my team.

Timid with Synchronize; excellent. ^_^ Unfortunately, being forced to catch it at level 21 meant no Teleport, which would have been my early-game Fly and quick solution to poisoning, but ah well. That's the consequences of the rule.

The trainers before Viridian showed how weak my team was, so I decided to grind a bit before I took on the SS Anne and Cleetus. Then this happened:

Doomblade is now a BA Fearow with Aerial Ace. Yes. I had to hold off his evolution (otherwise he wouldn't learn it), and since I was VERY scared of him dying from not evolving (it happened to Lamia the Whismur in my last run >.<) I decided to go the extra mile now and grind him up a little too much, and just let the rest of the team catch up later.

The SS. Anne was pretty easy, though I flipped out when I couldn't find the healing room when Sharona was poisoned and accidentally battled some trainers. Blahhhh.

I was a bit nervous for Cleetus, since his stupid Rattatta had taken out Desmond and I was quite keen to stop it from taking out anymore, but when I saw the level 19 Pidgeotto and level 20 Wartortle, I knew I had gone a bit overboard (all of my mons were at or around level 22). I had a close call with Wartortle though; if I hadn't healed Sharona with a Super Potion, she very well would have died from the critical hit Bite that came her way. But then Natasha came in and ***** and all was well.

oh lawd

We got Cut, I gave it to Natasha, and went off to the next gym. I passed the garbage can crap surprisingly quickly, so I was facing Surge in no time.

Lol Gregory. The only damage he took was from a Raichu Quick Attack after a Voltorb Screech, and he got paralyzed from Pikachu Static. All his team members did something to mess with him, but they all got Stomped in the face and died after 1 hit (Raichu took 2). Double Team did nothing. Gregory is unmatched (but will be useless until Blane).

It was time to get Flash. I realized I was missing one of the Pokemon necessary to obtain it, so as per Nuzlocke rules, I caught an Ekans, released it and claimed my prize. Then I went over to Cerulean City, got the Bike, and decided to stop. In anticipation of the next gym, I rolled for my prize after beating Surge:

Holy **** yes.

This run just got 5 times more amazing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Could anyone point me to the cheat code where I can get all the rng'd pokemon at lvl 5? I can't seem to find any on the interwebz

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright so I started a new game on Emerald. I decided to change my rng because I just felt like seeing what I would get again. I got:

Totodile
Pineco
Porygon
Poliwag
Aron
...I can't remember the last one XD

I got past the first gym without any problems. The fact that I had a totodile and Poliwag on my team just allowed me to breeze through. For my reward, I rng'd a Meganium. Does that mean that I get a Meganium or do I have to get it from a Chikorita? Because if so, it is just ONE level above the evolution level lol XD.

M.K

Level 55
OMG Just started my NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE for my Pokemon LeafGreen ROM on my Ipod Touch.

Started out with NINJO
the Bulbasaur. Almost lost to DOUCHE's Charmander........BUT I SURVIVE!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Can you only get ONE pokemon per route, or one every time you enter the route?
It's one per route, or cave, or area, or whatever. Basically, none of your Pokemon should ever have the same Location they were caught at (i.e Bellsprout, Met on Route 26 at Level 30). So if there X amount of routes/area in a game, you can catch up to X amount of Pokemon (ignoring event Pokemon).

For my reward, I rng'd a Meganium. Does that mean that I get a Meganium or do I have to get it from a Chikorita? Because if so, it is just ONE level above the evolution level lol XD.
I'm not sure about this actually. I decided to go by the rule "if it could have evolved at the level its caught at, you catch it evolved", but it's acceptable to use its most basic form as well.

---

Nuzlocke Run 2.0

Chapter 3: Shock of Lightning
Chapter 4: SDDR (Swords Dance Dance Revolution)

Badges: 4

Rock Tunnel went by alright. I spent most of it training KELLY, my new Dratini (forgot to take a picture >.<), but that quickly ended when she ran out of Dragon Rage PP so I had to hide her until we got out. I took 0 chances when fighting Geodudes; some of them knew Self-destruct, the worst fear of all Nuzlockers.

After getting poisoned multiple times on the way there, I finally made it to Celadon, where I bought my Firestone. :3 I'm not going to use it yet, though, unless I decide to buy Flamethrower from the Game Corner.

Speaking of that, the Rockets Hideout under the Game Cotner was completed wiped from Gregory Stomps and Natasha Cuts and the like (she now knows Swords Dance <3). Giovanni's Kangashkan was annoying, but Doomblade took care of him with his Aerial Ace (SUPER glad I let him learn that move).

At that point I remembered I could get fly.

Rival Battles in the Tower!

loleasy. Doomblade killed his first three, and Natasha took out his last two. Despite not grinding at all since before Virdian, my team is a tad overpowered. >.>

And then came ghost Marowak. Ohgawd. That thing really scared me for a while, since it was doing huge chunks of damage to Sharona, who was supposed to be my best physical wall. When I had done enough damage with Water Gun, I sent in Doomblade and exiled the Marowak from existence. Scary dinosaur thing.

Erika here we gooooooo.

ONE

TWO

...dammit. :'( After that Doomblade got paralyzed, so I swapped out to Genghis and his newly acquired Flame Wheel for the kill.

Badge get.

This game is speeding by. >.< But before I forget, my next Pokemon:

Lol, I would have gotten him around this time too. And I've never used him before either. I'm really liking this team now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You lucky dog. So I'm guessing I should get a Bayleef?

Also, Genghis on a Growlithe is just so inappropiate. I think Kangaskhan would be MUCH more better for that XD

I forgot to post up my status:

Name: Kermit
Rival:...May -_-
Badges: 1
City: Rustboro
Status: About to get the Devon Goods back AFTER I GET MY **** RNG'D POKEMON! :mad:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My Nuzlocke run has reached all the way to the fifth badge with, unfortunately, quite a few erasures...

I blindly traveled through Granite Cave to reach Steven while I trained Rhyme the Silcoon so it could evolve into Beautifly and learn Flash. Once I was more than halfway through the cave based solely on blind wandering, I realized I could just finish it blindly and stopped attempting to train Silcoon. An Aron appeared and I tried to run away from it, too lazy to switch and kill it and having a Silcoon incapacitated to take care of it, and a critical knocked Rhyme out, erasing her.

I found Steven and left the cave with an escape rope, thrown off by Rhyme's erasure, even though she was an unneeded extra and was only going to be used for Flash. From there I sailed off to Slateport, and after taking down the trainers on the beach I headed into the city. My first aim was Route 110 to see what my next Pokémon might be -- I was hoping for an Electrike, but instead encountered a Zigzagoon, which I promptly named Kariya. I delivered the Devon Goods and took down Team Aqua without issue, took down the first round of the Trick House, and took down the trainers on my pathway to the May Battle in the middle of Route 110. After heading back to heal, I went back to face her, Uzuki the Beautifly in the lead to use Absorb on her Wailmer.

I forgot, however, that Wailmers carry Rollout. After 2 Absorbs, it hit me with a single Rollout, and the 4x multiplier was enough to erase Uzuki. After taking down Wailmer with Nao the Swellow, taking on a little damage, I started to take down Grovyle. It began to weaken me with Pursuit, so I switched out -- I was totally out of it, I don't know what I was thinking -- and the much more powerful Pursuit took out the rest of Nao's HP.

Up in Mauville I easily OHKO'd Wally. On Route 117, I caught yet another Zigzagoon -- Tenho. Unfortunately, while I was facing a trainer on the route, Sho the Loudred used Uproar. I forgot it locked you in, and I got poisoned...poison and attack damage racked up and erased Sho.

Swept Wattson with Yodai, no problem. Got through the following routes pretty easily, finding a Machop on which I nicknamed Beat and added to my party, another Machop which I nicknamed BJ, a Numel which I nicknamed Eri and added to my party, and a Spinda on Route 113 which I nicknamed Makoto and put in a box without much thought. Down on Route 114 I hoped for a Swablu with which to replace Nao, but I found a Lotad instead, which I named Shiki. I intended to add her to my team, but I sent her out on Route 114 to train and the first hit she took was critical and erased her.

In Meteor Falls I found my new flyer, a Zubat named Ai. I got through Chimney Mountain without any trouble, and went down to Lavaridge to get my Wynaut Egg and sweep Flannery with, yet again, Yodai. I hatched Wynaut, naming it Shiki (I ran out of female names and I figured the original Shiki had lasted for a short enough time to justify using her name again) and put it in the box, and went into the desert of route 111 to get my Pokémon. I was REALLY hoping for a Trapinch to add to my team, but to no avail -- I ended up with a Sandshrew, Mina, which I put in the box, already having ground on my team. I did, however, pick up the Claw Fossil which I revived on my way back to Petalburg, adding 777 the Anorith to my team.

I went to fight Norman with Beat the now-Machoke. Against the Attack trainer, Machoke took heavy damage at first so I wanted to swap to a Pokémon who could take the blow. I considered Anorith, but I hadn't trained it yet so I was worried it would get knocked out. I sent out my level 32 Yodai...

...only to have Zangoose's already-powered-up-Slash get a critical.

Yodai was erased.

That really disheartened me. I didn't expect to lose my starter, especially not at only the 5th gym.

Slightly demotivated, I took down Norman with Machoke, using some Soda Pops I had earned back at Route 109, and picked up Surf from Wally's parents' house.

--------------

Pokémon:

Players:

Beat | Level 31
Kariya | Level 26
Ai | Level 22
Eri | Level 22
777 | Level 20

Reserve Players:

Tenho | Level 13
BJ | Level 15
Makoto | Level 16
Mina | Level 21
Shiki | Level 5

Erased:

Konishi | Level 9
Rhyme | Level 9
Sho | Level 26
Uzuki | Level 22
Nao | Level 22
Shiki | Level 16
Yodai | Level 32

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are a myriad of sites that let you do it.

This one is probably the most recommended, but you can find a ton if you just Google "Random Pokémon Generator".

M.K

Level 55
OMG Just started my NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE for my Pokemon LeafGreen ROM on my Ipod Touch.

Started out with NINJO
the Bulbasaur. Almost lost to DOUCHE's Charmander........BUT I SURVIVE!
DAY 2!

I beat my Rival Douche (I'm playing LeafGreen as the girl, named Kirby).
I got my 5 PokeBalls from Prof. Oak! Yay!

ROUTE 1 POKEMON CATCH!

I caught Banki, my female Rattata!

ROUTE 22 POKEMON CATCH!

I caught Mankey, my male Mankey! (accidentally pressed "no" at the nickname screen)

I battled and beat my Rival on Route 22.
Except..

sent to the Graveyard....RIP Banki!

ROUTE 2 POKEMON CATCH!

I caught Naimi, my Female Caterpie, who quickly evolved into:

Naimi, the Female Metapod!

CURRENT TEAM:

Ninjo
Naimi
Mankey!

CURRENT GRAVEYARD:
Banki

Top Bottom