• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just realized, Pokemon FR/LG is extremely tough to get past at the beginning.

Mukking trainers at the Viridian Forest and their Poison Stings :mad:

It seems like they all had a high poison rate because every single pokemon I had got poisoned by one :mad:

I think I'll try this on R/S/E

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I just realized, Pokemon FR/LG is extremely tough to get past at the beginning.

Mukking trainers at the Viridian Forest and their Poison Stings :mad:

It seems like they all had a high poison rate because every single pokemon I had got poisoned by one :mad:

I think I'll try this on R/S/E
Yeah, nearly everyone I know who's doing the challenge is doing it on R/S/E. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd do it on Pt, but **** I really hate the beginning. WAY too hard, especially Roark unless you have a Piplup or Turtwig, which sucks because Chimchar is MUCH better XD

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'd do it on Pt, but **** I really hate the beginning. WAY too hard, especially Roark unless you have a Piplup or Turtwig, which sucks because Chimchar is MUCH better XD
Just evolve it? It gets Mach Punch upon evolving. Not the best way to do it, but it gets the job done.

Also, Chimchar is preferred anyway. Taunt makes the event of running into an Abra for your first Pokemon in Route 204 I think? much easier.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Blech, I thought Pokegrinding wasn't allowed...
It's not exactly grinding. I've played hardly at all and mine's almost evolved already, due to having to depend on it quite a lot to get through some matches without other Pokemon of mine dying. I believe it's already lvl 13 or 14 and I haven't even faced my rival just past Jubilife yet. :\

And I do believe a little grinding is allowed. You know, getting your Pokes around an even level or whatever. It's not like you're completely safe from getting critted anyway, so as long as they stay somewhat around the same level as the trainers in the area you should still have a challenge.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Groan.

So I started on Emerald and I just got out of Petalburg Woods.

My party:

Lotad lvl 10 aka Party Poke (lol play on party animal XD)
Marill lvl 7 aka Ball Rat

Dead and are about to be released:

Mudkip lvl 10 aka Muddy (Mukking shroomish and absorb :mad:)

PC:

Nothing

I wish I had a Shroomish in my party, I want a Breloom...

EDIT: you know, I am starting to want to do comics for this... might post it up later

And now I'm in the first gym. Party Poke is obliterating all the rockies with its absorb. Killing Pokemon while gaining health? Awesome

Abosrb = <3

EDIT2: lol first 2 strips done horribly on paint XD

Blech I forgot to put up in the second strip that May got beat :mad:, but it doesn't really matter as she is a ***** so... yeah...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Thank you... and I'm not looking forward to that

Anyways, update before new comic:

Caught Nincada which I named 4Kids

I got back to defeat the leader by spamming Absorb XD. I got critted by her Nosepass, but I also critted with my Absorb regaining all my health XD

Party Poke evolved to a Lombre... yay!

I went to the cave and defeated Team Magma dude

The old pervert got his birdie back and everybody is happy... or are they?

Anyways, the comic:

Moozle

Smash Champion
haha nice comics. I like the names.

And this is a really cool idea. I might try it once I finish SS

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Celebrities Die in 3's

Version: Sapphire
Trainer: FURICHI
Badges: 2

After getting past the trainers in Petalburg Woods, I came across a Wingull on the other side, which I named ALAIN, due to his (yes, his >.>) ability to transport people, and the fact that you can go inside of him (Pelipper LOL). I'm not sure if this infringes on the catching rule (since both Alain and Kanzaki.05 were caught on route 104), but I consider this to be a "new area", so w/e.

Fighting Roxanne was a cinch with Oga's Absorb, although I was scared at every step of the battle. I didn't dare send out Alain or Hamegawa in fear of Rock attacks. >.<

I found a Nincada on the next route, which I named NATSUME, but after trying to train it, I found it too difficult and time-consuming. Besides, the rest of my team was doing fine (including my newly caught female (gasp) Whismur, who I named LAMIA :D).

Moving on to Dewford, I wasted a potential opportunity for good Pokemon by fishing with an Old Rod (didn't know what I was thinking <.>). Lamia kept getting poisoned by Tentacools, but with her gargantuan HP stat, it wasn't a problem. Then I caught a female Zubat which I named NENE for no real reason, and boxed her along with Natsume; although I would love a Zubat on the team, there was no solid place to train her without risk of dying.

The fight with Brawly was intense, but my two fliers handled him with some ease, though his Machop did a serious number on Alain before I could switch him out. >.< Survived with 3 HP again... Not cool.

But I was getting confident. My team was doing well. On the beach before Slateport, I had Kanzaki out first against an enemy Machop, and...

Kanzaki used Headbutt!
Machop flinched!
(Me: Nice, keep it up!)
Kanzaki used Headbutt!
Machop flinched!
(Me: Alright, one more!)
Kanzaki used Headbutt!
Machop DIDN'T DIE! <: (
(Me: WHAT)
Machop used Karate Chop!
Kanzaki fainted!
(Me: NOOOOOOOO)

...I was a fool.

Kanzaki, the first Pokemon I caught, is the first casualty of this run.

Kanzaki.05 keeps giving me revives. ;-;

I was punished quite severely for my foolish actions yet again, however; on the next route, I somehow managed to crit twice on an Electrike and KOed it before I could try to catch it. Not only would he have not helped against the next gym (which I suddenly started to dread as I got closer and closer to it), but it was the first time I was denied the capture of a Pokemon.

After a somewhat frightening victory over my rival (Double Kick shouldn't do that much damage to Alain :() I reached the next town. At this point, I realized my team was not going to do well against Wattson (all my attacks are walled except for Alain's Water Gun, though Alain is x4 weak to Electric), and knew that there was only one route left I hadn't visited that could give me a Pokemon that could beat him. I walk in the grass and...

It's another Zigzagoon. ;-; Kanzaki is rolling in his grave right now. I Tackled it, threw a ball, didn't catch it and left; I didn't need it and it didn't need me.

After a battle with a level 15 Magnemite, I knew things were bad; Oga (who is now a Grovyle) had extreme difficulty taking it down even at that low a level, so I knew I had to have a back-up in case things go bad. And then I remembered: Natsume the Nincada. He walls half their attacks and can stall them out long enough to be effective! I decided it was worth trying train to him again, so I get to it.

And then he got Pursuited by a Dodou as I was switching him out. So much for that plan. :( What a stupid training method... But the problem still persisted. After a bit of research, I saw that Lamia would learn Rock Smash as a Loudred, so I could do some serious damage with Howl, especially since she blocks Supersonic and doesn't take too much from Sonicboom because of her high HP stat.

And then she got Fury Attack critted by ANOTHER Doduo. Lamia was one of my favourite team members. ;-;

I hate Doduo for life.

Now I'm extremely worried about whether or not Oga can take on Wattson by himself. It's time to grind. >.<

---

My Team:

My Box:

Cemetery:

---

The Normals always go first. ;-;

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
annoying1359's Fire Red Nuzlocke Challenge Run!
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Triple Sec is killed by a Sandshrew crit.
Chewy learns Wing Attack!
What?
Chewy is evolving!
Boarded the S. S. Anne.
As usual, I clear out the bottom floor, then main floor, the deck, then finally the rest of the second floor. Disappointed at the lack of Pokéballs.
Rival battle!
Pidgeotto is 2HKOed by Chewy's Wing Attack.
Kadabra is OHKOed by Bite.
Raticate barely lives a single Wing Attack.
Ivysaur is lol.
[Final Fantasy victory theme]
Obatined Cut!
I am a bit (read: VERY) afraid of Electric Pokémon, so I backtrack to Cerulean to level up and hopefully catch Pokémon.
I see that none of my Pokémon can learn Cut. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Oh well. I pick up my bicycle, and return to Vermillion. Maybe I'll find something interesting at the end of Diglett's Cave?
A small tree blocks my way.

Confused I am. I plan to break the Pokéball restriction rule.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Are you allowed to use ethers?

It gets annoying when you are about to lose moves and you need to start limiting yourself before you start using struggle.

Anybody have a good idea for a pokemon for when I reach Wattson? I'm terribly afraid since most of my pokemon won't stand a chance against him :mad:

I mean look at my team:

Lombre
Nincada
Wishmur
Marill

That's just begging for disaster :'(

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I see that none of my Pokémon can learn Cut. FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Actually, that's a flaw in the challenge's design that I never saw before; what would happen if you keep catching Pokemon who can't learn (certain) HM moves, and by the time you need the HM to move on (and access new, unexplored areas), you still haven't caught any who could? Or the only one who could learn them died? Would it be game over, or do you just break the rules and catch one that can? I haven't run into that problem yet, but just in case I do...

Are you allowed to use ethers?
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to use any kind of item.

As long as it's in battle.

Anybody have a good idea for a pokemon for when I reach Wattson?
Your Whismur can actually do some nasty things to his team. Soundproof blocks Supersonic, he has good HP (so Sonicboom isn't doing much %-wise), and if you evolve it, it can learn Rock Smash for supereffective hits and defense-drops. Also he can Howl to raise his Attack to ridiculous levels if you spam heals to sweep his team.

Just make sure you OHKO Voltorb. <.>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Spam heals?

We can use potions?

Also if you find Nincada, just use that as a cut slave.

Mine sure is useful for that :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*facepalm*

I thought that meant we weren't allowed to use them at all

I need to start learning to read directions better because lately I've been doing some pretty bad fails because of that >_<

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nincada's part Ground, so you may be able to wall a little bit with it, at least.

I also just realized that getting a Nincada would be pretty sweet, since you get an extra Pokémon when it evolves, if you have an extra Poké Ball on hand. Although, Shedinja in a no-fainting context is a little bit problematic if you end up against Sandstorm, Hail, or a handful of types.

Foy

Smash Champion
Subscribing to this cause its interesting.

Might have to pick up something other then SS to try this challenge on.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So I'm half doing this on two systems, although I'm moving very slowly because I haven't really been in the mood for Pokemon lately (thus the half part). One's on my Platinum cartridge, the other's on a Ruby emu (gameplay moves a little faster on my emu, so I prefer it).

In Platinum, I just beat my rival on Route 203, and was fortunate enough to find, as my first Pokemon on the route, the one thing that I purposely started with Chimchar for: Abra. Abra's one of my favorite Pokemon as well, so it was double coolio. It did take two Pokeballs to catch, but I don't ****ing care. Screw Zubats and Geodudes, I'd take Abra over them any day. <3 So yeah, here's my team and where I caught them.

Chimchar (Male) - Minko (Route 201)
Starly (Female) - Trudy (Verity Lakefront)
Zubat (Female) - Robin (Ravaged Path)
Abra (Female) - Kinesis (Route 203)

Pokemon Lost:
Starly (Male) - Trudly (Route 202 caught and died, ****ing double crit)
Starly (Male) - N/A (Route 204 died, Minko kicked more *** than I thought)

In Ruby, I just started yesterday. And so far all I've done is gotten my starter and first Pokemon on Route 102. So what was this first Pokemon on Route 102? Well, it was none other than Ralts. <3 So far I'd say I've had decent luck with these runthroughs, even if they've just started. Here's my small list of Pokemon so far in Ruby.

Torchic (Male) - Crayon (Route 101)
Ralts (Male) - Giraffe (Route 103)

Pokemon Lost:
Zigzagoon (Male) - N/A (Route 102 died, had no Pokeballs at the time)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
since you get an extra Pokémon when it evolves, if you have an extra Poké Ball on hand.
This is a misunderstanding my a huge chunk of the Pokemon community, I really never knew where this came from, but its wrong.

You only need a spare slot in your team. Shedinja does NOT use up a Pokeball.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man, the only reason why I keep Nincada around is for Shedinja. Once I get it, I become nearly invincible and I could just get call an automatic win. Screw Ninjask, I want Shedinja :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just make sure that whenever you send it out, the opposing Pokemon cannot learn ANY moves in their moveset that can possibly hurt you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Of course

Now that we talk about this, I can't find my **** save file so I won't be able to continue until I can solve this problem :mad:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is a misunderstanding my a huge chunk of the Pokemon community, I really never knew where this came from, but its wrong.

You only need a spare slot in your team. Shedinja does NOT use up a Pokeball.
Okay, okay, jeez.

I'm almost positive my official Nintendo guide said that, so that's where it came from.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGkVPcrDYVY&feature=related

Um...it looks like you DO need a Poké Ball.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
However, I'm certain I heard on Serebii that if you don't have a Pokeball on-hand, one will be created for you.
I guess it just uses up a Pokeball if you have one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You know you'd think when you hear something on Serebii you could at least trust that much, but I guess not.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Trying this out with my copy of Diamond. Lost my Geodude and had to waste one of my Prinplup's move slots with Rock Smash. :<

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Trying this out with my copy of Diamond. Lost my Geodude and had to waste one of my Prinplup's move slots with Rock Smash. :<
Staravia died. Prinplup is now the only pokemon left on my team.

Will probably have to start over soon. 9_9

EDIT: Scratch that, caught a Bidoof. Still a long way to go.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
(Note that this chapter is considerably longer than the others since the site's server being down meant no way of stopping me from proceeding)

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings
Chapter 2: Celebrities Die in 3's
Chapter 3: New Friends Come, Old Friends Go, New Old Friends Come Then Go Then Come Again

Version: Sapphire
Trainer: FURICHI
Badges: 6

Wattson worried me.

So I trained Oga.

Until he learned Leaf Blade.

Which he gets at level 29.

Needless to say, I had gone a bit overboard. But my team was safe for another gym battle, and we could start accessing some new areas. Yay.

On route 112, I found a Numel which I named CHIAKI, for she has firepower hidden where you know not. :D In Fiery Path I caught a Machop who I named TOUJOU (FINALLY found a mon suitable for his manliness), who filled in the Fighting-type role of my team and who would absolutely obliterate Norman's Normals.

The ashey place brought me a Sandshrew, which is blah (Chiaki fills that role better >.>), so I named her AZUSA as a filler name and boxed her. The next route made up for it immensely; take one step in, encounter, Seviper. :D So beast. I named her AOI (because her tail is like a sword and also her tail is part red so she has a Red Tail LOL GET IT) and gave her Strength so she had decent mixed neutral coverage with Bite and Poison Tail. Then I got to training all my mons (had to box Kanzaki.05 at this point since my team was full). I really saw how lucky I was with that Seviper encounter, because after all the training I did in that grass, I only ever saw one other Seviper. Oh, and I found another Zubat in Mt. Whatever, but didn't catch it since Alain was my Flier and Aoi my Poison. :p

The battle with the Aqua Leader was intense, but I managed to get out of it with no casualties. Without Oga I would have been screwed though. Leaf Blade is amazing.

On Jagged Pass I found...something (maybe another Zigzagoon?) but I didn't catch it. Lavaridge town now, but before I battled Flannery, I decided to abuse speed and hatch the egg you get since it might help me against a Gym Leader I had very little confidence against. Oh yeah, it's a Wynaut (named it SHIROYAMA and boxed). No places left to catch stuff. Let's do this.

OMG KECLEON 5 FULL ATTACK FURY SWIPES CRIT ON ALAIN.

Seriously. >.< One of the main team members I was counting on gets sent to the box before I can even reach Flannery. He was 1 level away from evolving. D: The defense boost he would have gotten as a Pelipper would have saved him too... ;-;

But my losses did not end there. Chiaki, though getting spectacular 8 and 9 Magnitudes on Flannery's Slugma, could only pull a 5 and 6 against her Torkoal and had to switch out before she got ***** by Body Slam. The only mon who didn't fear Overheat (I had no confidence in Aoi at the time) was Toujou, so I sent him in on a Body Slam and he got paralyzed. At first I rejoiced; Guts-boosted crithax Karate Chop anyone? But I soon realized how foolish I was when the Overheat came...and wiped Toujou from existence. :/ I managed to claim victory after that (can't remember if it was from Aoi Poison Tail/whatever or Chiaki Magnitudes) but that gym took two of the Pokemon I desperately needed for the next gym, and there was only one new area open to me, thanks to May and her Go-Goggles.

But luckily that area provided me with a Trapinch. :D True, he wouldn't be much help against Norman, but eventually he would grow into a beastly Flygon, and once I teach him Earthquake, there'll be no stopping him. I named him BE'EL, since he was the closest thing to a baby I had encountered yet, and his potential to become a demon seemed fitting.

The battle with Norman is a blur to me now. I don't know if it was because it passed by so quickly, or if it was due to all my losses. >.<

First of all, Himegawa. I had seen his death approaching for a long time coming, but it didn't make it any less easy. He did a great job Stun Sporing Slaking to give my pretty slow team some means of an advantage, but I didn't know they were carrying Endeavor. The poison he was spreading eventually got back to him. :(

And then, Chiaki, one of the Pokemon I saw the most promise in. My team was really worn down from all the attacks Norman was throwing out, but Chiaki was at full health, so I thought "lol, she'll be fine right"? NURRR VIGOROTH SLASH CRIT. Now she is no more, and my team was back to 4. :/

But beating Norman meant Surf, and Surf meant a crapload of new areas that I could now access. I gave Surf to Kanzaki.05 (who had basically turned into my unofficial HM slave with Pick-Up, though still at level 4) and got to catching.

First Pokemon? Level 16 Tentacool. Meh. *boxed*

Next one? Level 32 Tentacool. Now that I can live with. :D *named it FORAS*

Another try? Level 22 Wingull. I still needed a Flier, so hey, why not? I named it ALAINDELON (his full name), in the hopes that the name change might bring me better luck.

It didn't. :( Was training in the desert and a Baltoy bombed him to his boxy grave. Coincidentally, he died at level 24, too. >.< One more level and he could have used Surf for more damage, or Protect to avoid damage, or even use his good defenses to take the hit, but...I add another level 24 Wingull to my Cemetery. >.<

...And then I caught another one. :D This one (reverted back to ALAIN) actually survived childhood and managed to evolve. Third time's the charm, I guess?

On my way to the next gym I spot Wattson outside and remember the New Mauville side quest. Thunderbolt would be nice, and a Voltorb/Magnemite would be OK (though I really want an Electrike >.>), so I go in ready to get this over with. First thing I see is a Magneton. Lol, whatever, a Magnemite at that level would evolve into a Magneton soon anyways, but I guess it helped ATHRUN (since he's gender-confused LOL) to not die while I was training it, and made training a bit faster depending on how you look at it. With a full team at hand, I head on to the next routes.

The first one gave me a Zigzagoon (>:/) who I named Kanzaki and boxed. Not needing that right now, but it's good to have back-up HM slaves. Though I found 2 Manetrics right after, which really pissed me off. >.>

Next route was an Oddish, but Oga is way better, so I said "gtfo" and ran. Oh yeah, and after that was a Tropius. >.> Not like I would have done something other than box it, but if Oga or Alain ever fell, he'd at least be there as back-up. Also, I didn't need/want Castform, so no real loss here, I guess. Other than no Feebas, but you'd have to have epic amazing luck to find one on your first **** try in a Nuzlocke run.

I decided to skip over the gym for now to get my levels up and try and find more Pokemon.

First route: Zigzagoon. BARF. Oh, and I found an Absol one Pokemon after that. >.> I wanted youuuuuuuuu. :(

Second route: a Shuppet! That I killed! Athrun is too strong. :/

Mt. Pyre: another Shuppet! This time it killed itself! Amazing.

On the fourth route I finally managed to bag one, but after looking at its crap movepool, I realized my endeavors where for naught. <.> Named her ANGELICA and boxed her.

I had run out of areas to take Pokemon from (there were some water routes, but what would I get from them...?) so it was time to face Winona. Oga would be incredibly useless during this fight, so I put Foras the Tentacruel (lol rare candy) who I had previously boxed temporarily back on the team. It was time for some bird **** with Athrun!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So like.

I KO her Swellow in one hit with Athrun's Spark.

Then she sends out Altaria.

"lol tiem 2 sparxxx nd maibee git perahex"

Altaria used Earthquake!

"wat"

Athrun stood no chance. >.< I ended up having to sacrifice Alain ( ;-; ) so my newly evolved Be'el the Vibrava could do enough damage with Dragonbreath to KO Altaria without her healing. Then Foras died to a critted Aerial Ace from her Skarmory, after which proceeded the longest stall war ever, with Skarmory spamming Sand-Attack and Steel Wing on Aoi, and Aoi fighting back with Screeches and Strength. I ran through half my super potions before I could finish her, after much Skarmory-healing, Aoi-misses, and general bull****tery (although surprisingly no crits). After the dust cleared, I was left with Oga, Be'el, and Aoi (and Kanzaki.05). Basically, all the main characters of the manga, which is quite coincidental, even fitting. But my team was looking quite empty...

...So I caught another ALAIN. :D This time as a level 28 Pelipper, so no Protect. :/ Currently training him, but hopefully he can do better than the previous ones. I don't need anymore losses...

---

My Team:

^Kanzaki added for extra Pick-up.

My Box:

^Marill I caught in Petalburg. lolthickfat

Cemetery:

---

My cemetery is so big. ;-;

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Argh, restarted my game.

Current team is Piplup, Bidoof, Budew, Zubat and Machop. Haven't beaten the first gym yet. All of my pokemon are around level 10 or 11 right now.

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Starting this on pokemon Gold and have had no worries really except my leafy nearly dieing =p

Team:

Leafy ( Chikorita ) lvl 10

Ratty ( Rattata) lvl 5

Rock ( Geodude ) lvl 6

Graveyard:

None =p

Top Bottom