• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG's DAS! I'm so upset for Ike and Link. They got the worst match-ups possible. Link can't do CRAP against Kirby lol. Kirby's low jump dodging and air-backs nerf Link so hard ...And Jigglypuff vs Ike... Good Gandhi dude, Ike is garbo when he is followed off-stage. I got so salty.. You're like reading my mind when we're not even brawling. xD I had a lot of fun when it was Mario vs Peach. Mario did better than Fox would of ever dream imo. Your Peach is like on a divine level. D: .... Any tips?

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs Ace you had me going there some lol. Also you picked up some new tricks since last time. Especially with Mario I believe lol.

I like that you're going for more reads and stuff as well.

Really had to pace myself in those to not mess up. Enjoyed it all the matches, and got to see the low tiers in action lol.

Edit: Advice I still feel you shouldn't be spot dodging like that much lol. Characters like Peach can just mess that up with delayed moves like Fair and Dair and stuff. Don't have me thinking you're going to do that I'll try reading it or just wait instead.

With Mario it always good to mixup with him. Also its good to know where to hit an opponent from with certain attacks with him. You did get me twice with that fair just don't do it too much. Also you gotta cut back on the dsmashes a bit, and sometimes just do tilts instead or jabs if need be. I pretty sure you don't want the dsmash to get too stale.

I don't play Link or Ike, so I don't know what to tell you about them much

The main problem is really just the dodging that's all.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
pikaknight that game in delfino plaza snake vs mk was awesome. it felt good that i actually won against a metaknight main. too bad i couldnt save a replay of it ): still good games. metaknight is too deadly

Zork

Smash Apprentice
pikaknight that game in delfino plaza snake vs mk was awesome. it felt good that i actually won against a metaknight main. too bad i couldnt save a replay of it ): still good games. metaknight is too deadly

Can you still play? If you want more practice against MK, I'm down. Though I can use other characters if you wish.

The Snake vs MK matchup is a lot of fun on both sides imo.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Joseph im done GGs :)

I wasn't thinking at times, mainly with my rolls lmao

I suggest you try to get better control of PK Thunder with Lucas though.
Also that shield break... Try to pay more attention to that. :p

I loved that Ness vs Lucas match on Lylat. xD

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
Joseph im done GGs :)

I wasn't thinking at times, mainly with my rolls lmao

I suggest you try to get better control of PK Thunder with Lucas though.
Also that shield break... Try to pay more attention to that. :p

I loved that Ness vs Lucas match on Lylat. xD
Agreed, I'm not very used to online timing. I'm normally very good at aiming with recoveries. I learned in these matches to just aim the B up as if I'm in real time and the trajectory will be correct. Still will take some adjusting.

Top Bottom