• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
das i need to play you again ;~; im trying to find out how to get wifi on my wii in college. im so close! i got the connection selected but it just doesnt actually hook up to the internet! i feel like i can now keep up. i went to a tournament and actually surprised a ton of people. as long as wifi isnt bad.. which i think it will be worse than usual because college wifi is worse :(

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
GGs Amical we never played that long before I think. Anyway you certainly got potential with Lucario you know what moves he has. I admit I was playing pretty aggressive, but only because the wifi allowed for the most part to move quick this time.

I understand about the focusing part it tends to happen to me plenty lol.

Advice hmm I'll say with Lucario you got know how to live long. Its best to have good reflexes too and to be able to mindgame with aura charge and all.

I think Lucario only needs to pace himself a lot more at higher percentages than lower. If you're going for smashes make sure you have the read right or if they don't expect it of course and can't react. Also use more non charge aura sphere too against some people just to build up damage or mess with approaches.

Use more tilts as well and a bit more jabs. In addition to, use some more fair to nair with him.

As for recovering its best to recover high with him since you know the whole edgehog thing. The wall trick is good though, but keep your opponent from cutting your recovery options.

Basically survive until you can kill.

Are you gonna stay Lucario lol?
Thanks. :3
And yes, I really, REALLY want to stay Lucario, but my stupid brain might end up backstabbing me and making me change again. I have this problem. xD
If I can help it, I will, though. I just need to find a way to become more active on the Lucario boards, and that should do it. But the problem is that all the threads are dead most of the time, and I don't have any reasons to post on any of them because I don't have anything to say. xD

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
das i need to play you again ;~; im trying to find out how to get wifi on my wii in college. im so close! i got the connection selected but it just doesnt actually hook up to the internet! i feel like i can now keep up. i went to a tournament and actually surprised a ton of people. as long as wifi isnt bad.. which i think it will be worse than usual because college wifi is worse :(

That's awesome and all, but yeah I'll play you Jelly whenever you get situated. I haven't seen you much in a while either.

I'm curious to see what you've learned and if I gonna get it handed to me lol, so I hope it doesn't lag much.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
That's awesome and all, but yeah I'll play you Jelly whenever you get situated. I haven't seen you much in a while either.

I'm curious to see what you've learned and if I gonna get it handed to me lol, so I hope it doesn't lag much.
idk if i can actually beat you that badly. i havent played that much till like a week ago but my skill didnt get worse. im still a little too aggressive but if i really wanna win i know how now :p until i get nervous... i was playing 2 pros in tournament and almost beat them both in the set -.- one of them ended up getting second! nobody knew who i was and they seeded me badly. even tho ive been going to tournaments for like a year

Ansem

Smash Cadet
Anyone want to mess around a bit ;) Everytime i play brawl i feel like i shouldnt and keep playing melee but it keeps bringing me back lol so i want to suck it up some more

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to mess around a bit ;) Everytime i play brawl i feel like i shouldnt and keep playing melee but it keeps bringing me back lol so i want to suck it up some more
lulzy Falcon dittos? ;) I thought you played Falcon...

I don't play him, so it should be fair.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
idk if i can actually beat you that badly. i havent played that much till like a week ago but my skill didnt get worse. im still a little too aggressive but if i really wanna win i know how now :p until i get nervous... i was playing 2 pros in tournament and almost beat them both in the set -.- one of them ended up getting second! nobody knew who i was and they seeded me badly. even tho ive been going to tournaments for like a year

Wow. What tournament was this? Is it listed somewhere? Just curious. Didn't know people from here attended offline tournaments.

And if you don't mind I would like to play you as well when you come back, always like playing strong players. I don't mind getting destroyed, it helps me improve and it's just more interesting for me because I have to think more.

Edit: Does anyone want to Brawl right now?

Ansem

Smash Cadet
I just realized how starving i am lol, im gonna go grab abite to eat, we can keep playing if you want when im back :) THAT SOFT KNEE GIMP THE SECOND GAME THOUGH LOOL

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I just realized how starving i am lol, im gonna go grab abite to eat, we can keep playing if you want when im back :) THAT SOFT KNEE GIMP THE SECOND GAME THOUGH LOOL
Yo, so much salt from that N-air buffer after the knee. T_T

But... Off-stage Falcon Punch. That is all. ;)

Edit: messed up format... I'll play you for a few games, Zork. Perhaps until Ansem comes back? We weren't exactly finished. ;P

Ansem

Smash Cadet
Yo, so much salt from that N-air buffer after the knee. T_T

But... Off-stage Falcon Punch. That is all. ;)

Edit: messed up format... I'll play you for a few games, Zork. Perhaps until Ansem comes back? We weren't exactly finished. ;P
Im back~ ill get a room up, feel free to go tryhard now, Im expecting like 3 page report of my mistakes lol >:O i remember winnings sometimes back in like july too lol when i last played brawl. You've probably gotten lots better and im rust af

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Wow. What tournament was this? Is it listed somewhere? Just curious. Didn't know people from here attended offline tournaments.

And if you don't mind I would like to play you as well when you come back, always like playing strong players. I don't mind getting destroyed, it helps me improve and it's just more interesting for me because I have to think more.

Edit: Does anyone want to Brawl right now?
it was gamers gambit in NJ. they took my name off the list tho because of some weird controversy going on. like minty fresh came late and i played him for my losers game but it was his first round. so its weird. almost had the set tho -.- i was 2 stocking both his characters ;~;

and yeah im an old player from here. like a different generation. i dont come here for games anymore unless its with das or something :p but if i get wifi working again i'll look out for you!

Zork

Smash Apprentice
it was gamers gambit in NJ. they took my name off the list tho because of some weird controversy going on. like minty fresh came late and i played him for my losers game but it was his first round. so its weird. almost had the set tho -.- i was 2 stocking both his characters ;~;

and yeah im an old player from here. like a different generation. i dont come here for games anymore unless its with das or something :p but if i get wifi working again i'll look out for you!
Alright thanks, I'll look forward to it then. I'll be lurking around here more often now at around this time so I should be available when you are ready to play online again.

Edit:

Ah that's a shame then. It was probably tournament nerves. They can be hard to get over.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
Alright thanks, I'll look forward to it then. I'll be lurking around here more often now at around this time so I should be available when you are ready to play online again.

Edit:

Ah that's a shame then. It was probably tournament nerves. They can be hard to get over.
well tournament nerves and the fact that i havent played offline since march. i was so rusty and forgot every mu in the game :p it was still fun and i got my games vs raptor in too >:}

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games, Ansem.

Sorry for going MK the majority, but you said you wanted me to go try-hard mode, and I feel as though MK is my strongest character. ;P

Ansem

Smash Cadet
Good games, Ansem.

Sorry for going MK the majority, but you said you wanted me to go try-hard mode, and I feel as though MK is my strongest character. ;P
No problem at all :p i had lots of fun in the dittos, felt like i had a chance lol

edit: any general tips, other than my ****ty di and how my ledge game is crap

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS Super. Shame lag ruined some of the matches in the middle but for the rest the connection was okay. Buffering forward aerial as Snake due to lag off stage...lol instant suicide. I don't usually have that problem but during those middle games it happened almost every game.

And no I was not about to play on Pictochat again lol. That stage is illegal in tournaments for a reason. So many dumb gimmicks >_>

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
GGS Super. Shame lag ruined some of the matches in the middle but for the rest the connection was okay. Buffering forward aerial as Snake due to lag off stage...lol instant suicide. I don't usually have that problem but during those middle games it happened almost every game.

And no I was not about to play on Pictochat again lol. That stage is illegal in tournaments for a reason. So many dumb gimmicks >_>
GGs Zork.

Pictochat is my favorite stage lol I don't really like just playing on the same stage over and over, I like to keep things fresh. It makes it more interesting.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm fine with you picking other stages. Just not stages like Picto.
Battlefied, SV, FD, Yoshis, Lylat, Frigate, Pokemon etc. are all fine with me.

Btw do you have any advice for me?

For you I'd just say be careful with fishing really hard for the kills sometimes. For Samus for instance, I notice you going for downtilt a bit too much whenever you thought I was in kill percent. So I just stayed away/baited it before going in. Same goes for GnW.

Incidentally do you have a main or do you just use several characters like me? Though now that I think about it I only went like 2 characters vs you this time. But oh well, maybe next time I'll show you more of my cast.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
No problem at all :p i had lots of fun in the dittos, felt like i had a chance lol

edit: any general tips, other than my ****ty di and how my ledge game is crap
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. ;P

Try not to roll into me as an approach, it's pretty punishable. Olimar was actually pretty good, annoying as heck. D: With MK, I recommend not using Drill Rush because that move actually sucks unless for vertical recovery. Tornado, contrary to belief, is super punishable if not done properly. You empty tornado in there and you will get punished.

Perhaps learn some more Shuttle Loop ledge tricksies. Like, auto snapping it instead of going over it, that kind of stuff... Oh, and invinciN-air from the edge is pretty good.

That's pretty much what I can say, because I suck at giving advice, but I try. xD

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Well I'm fine with you picking other stages. Just not stages like Picto.
Battlefied, SV, FD, Yoshis, Lylat, Frigate, Pokemon etc. are all fine with me.

Btw do you have any advice for me?

For you I'd just say be careful with fishing really hard for the kills sometimes. For Samus for instance, I notice you going for downtilt a bit too much whenever you thought I was in kill percent. So I just stayed away/baited it before going in. Same goes for GnW.

Incidentally do you have a main or do you just use several characters like me? Though now that I think about it I only went like 2 characters vs you this time. But oh well, maybe next time I'll show you more of my cast.
Well stages like that are fine, but what's wrong with switching things up a bit sometimes?:p Like for me, I like to play on stages like DP, BS (Brinstar :p), and Rainbow Cruise.

I think you're a very excellent player' and you punished all my mistakes/openings pretty well. This is a minor tidbit, but I'll say maybe be a little bit more careful with Snake's grenades, you got blown up a lot on the Kirby match (I should take that advice though, with ICs I just failed drastically getting blown up 24/7, that was funny LOL). With Diddy Kong, I would try to be more defensive and have a stronger banana play, and also becareful of Olimar's grabs.

Alright, I'll take that advice. Thanks! I notice that's a problem with me I gotta fix, sometimes I want to end matches too quick or I get too excited. I gotta be more careful/defensive, I gotta work on defensive play I think. Though playing against Meta Knights is not exactly my favorite thing LOL

I use a lot of characters, it all depends on my mood. Olimar and Samus are my most used, Samus I just have used less because I'm trying to work a better strategy for her. After that there's characters like Kirby, Jigglypuff, Ness, Toon Link, etc.

Top Bottom