• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Ansem

Smash Cadet
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. ;P

Try not to roll into me as an approach, it's pretty punishable. Olimar was actually pretty good, annoying as heck. D: With MK, I recommend not using Drill Rush because that move actually sucks unless for vertical recovery. Tornado, contrary to belief, is super punishable if not done properly. You empty tornado in there and you will get punished.

Perhaps learn some more Shuttle Loop ledge tricksies. Like, auto snapping it instead of going over it, that kind of stuff... Oh, and invinciN-air from the edge is pretty good.

That's pretty much what I can say, because I suck at giving advice, but I try. xD
Yeah my rolls are a problem, i only really feel like i get punshed for them as olimar. Most of my drill rushes were me messing up my nados inputs. and yeah i realized how punishable it was and was trying to fix it later games

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Well stages like that are fine, but what's wrong with switching things up a bit sometimes?:p Like for me, I like to play on stages like DP, BS (Brinstar :p), and Rainbow Cruise.

I think you're a very excellent player' and you punished all my mistakes/openings pretty well. This is a minor tidbit, but I'll say maybe be a little bit more careful with Snake's grenades, you got blown up a lot on the Kirby match (I should take that advice though, with ICs I just failed drastically getting blown up 24/7, that was funny LOL). With Diddy Kong, I would try to be more defensive and have a stronger banana play, and also becareful of Olimar's grabs.

Alright, I'll take that advice. Thanks! I notice that's a problem with me I gotta fix, sometimes I want to end matches too quick or I get too excited. I gotta be more careful/defensive, I gotta work on defensive play I think. Though playing against Meta Knights is not exactly my favorite thing LOL

I use a lot of characters, it all depends on my mood. Olimar and Samus are my most used, Samus I just have used less because I'm trying to work a better strategy for her. After that there's characters like Kirby, Jigglypuff, Ness, Toon Link, etc.

LOL I would not judge my Diddy based off that half match. I SDed during the lag spike and decided to quit out and give you a proper match since it was the last match. At any rate my Diddy tends to be awful on Battlefied and I need a lot of platformless space to do well with him.

But you are right about my Snake. For an avid Snake player my grenade control is horrible. I blow myself up and get outcamped all the time when trying to use them. I definitely need to work on that.

Well I don't mean be more defensive when I say don't fish hard for the kill at times. I mean you can still be aggro but the moves you should be throwing out shouldn't just be smash attacks. For instance, at high percents a lot of people are going to sit in shield (another problem I have personally) so you can get a lot of grabs in and then try to get a kill off an aerial juggle or something.

But overall I don't think you fished that hard, it was only with Samus and GnW which is understandable because I feel you kind of HAVE to fish to get kills with them (they have no reliable aerials for killing early).

Despite what people say, I believe you can play Brawl very aggro and still be successful, you just have to be really good at spacing, reads, covering options etc.

I played GYK yesterday and you should have seen how he was playing, it was beautiful. He was making Brawl look like Melee lol.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
It's all good das anyone else want to play
Well, I suppose you're ignoring me. D: If I did anything, I'm sorry, but I can't imagine what...

So, does anyone else want to play, then? :3

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
LOL I would not judge my Diddy based off that half match. I SDed during the lag spike and decided to quit out and give you a proper match since it was the last match. At any rate my Diddy tends to be awful on Battlefied and I need a lot of platformless space to do well with him.
Oh, well yeah true. Next time we play, I wanna play your Diddy more, if that's okay.

But you are right about my Snake. For an avid Snake player my grenade control is horrible. I blow myself up and get outcamped all the time when trying to use them. I definitely need to work on that.
Your Snake is still very great though! Like even with the grenades, you still were able to do a number on me. This is why I wanna play Snake more, because people use Snake a lot and at times I do not how to deal with him. :p

Well I don't mean be more defensive when I say don't fish hard for the kill at times. I mean you can still be aggro but the moves you should be throwing out shouldn't just be smash attacks. For instance, at high percents a lot of people are going to sit in shield (another problem I have personally) so you can get a lot of grabs in and then try to get a kill off an aerial juggle or something.

But overall I don't think you fished that hard, it was only with Samus and GnW which is understandable because I feel you kind of HAVE to fish to get kills with them (they have no reliable aerials for killing early).

Despite what people say, I believe you can play Brawl very aggro and still be successful, you just have to be really good at spacing, reads, covering options etc.
Hmmmm, I see what you mean. I do gotta grab more actually, I notice it's something I don't do often and I don't even know why LOL

And yeah, with Samus, it is very hard to kill with her LOL, probably the only aerial kill move she has is Bair, and it can be very tricky to land. But I gotta have more of a strategy, Samus can build up damage more successfully if used right.

I played GYK yesterday and you should have seen how he was playing, it was beautiful. He was making Brawl look like Melee lol.
I believe it, I played with him yesterday as well and his skill is crazy. Especially how great he is at reading his opponent.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Well, it looks like Joseph is brawling CJ...

So in the meantime, does anyone want to brawl? :p

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
GGs Das. I got very frustrated by the lag and by how bad I was playing. I tried to shield a lot of your attacks but my shield didn't come out in time so I got hit. You're so good at the game that you can turn one hit into 80% and that made me more frustrated. My controller inputs came out wrong so many times. That's why I used rob's side b. I played extremely predictable and had no patience today :(
I did learn how to do something new at least. I landed behind your shield when you expected me to hit your shield.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GGs Das. I got very frustrated by the lag and by how bad I was playing. I tried to shield a lot of your attacks but my shield didn't come out in time so I got hit. You're so good at the game that you can turn one hit into 80% and that made me more frustrated. My controller inputs came out wrong so many times. That's why I used rob's side b. I played extremely predictable and had no patience today :(
I did learn how to do something new at least. I landed behind your shield when you expected me to hit your shield.

GGs Blue enjoyed playing you as usual. I felt the lag myself really had to keep focus there. I understand though it is frustrating and it makes you play all wrong even more. Just an off day for you man that's all, but yeah that's wifi never perfect. We gotta deal the best we can hopefully.

I can't recall when I did 0-80 on you I guess I zoned out when I was playing lol. You did get me some by landing behind since I'm trying to counter out of shield.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
GGs Blue enjoyed playing you as usual. I felt the lag myself really had to keep focus there. I understand though it is frustrating and it makes you play all wrong even more. Just an off day for you man that's all, but yeah that's wifi never perfect. We gotta deal the best we can hopefully.

I can't recall when I did 0-80 on you I guess I zoned out when I was playing lol. You did get me some by landing behind since I'm trying to counter out of shield.
Would you like me to link you to videos of Kie?
He is the best Peach main brawl ever had. He beat Otori 2-0 last week.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989

Sure it gives me some stuff to study. I've been looking at Mikeneko Marth videos.

I don't think I've really heard of a Peach beating a top MK player lol. That's awesome man

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
All you guys in this thread are giving some good training. I just played against my nephew that is usually at my level of skill and totally beat him. He was like :O???? I'm still at a casual level though, so more practice would be good. I'll be on in about an hour if anyone is interested :)

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I could team up with DAS if you want

Also ggs again Ami, lucario's range is hard to figure out D:

Zork

Smash Apprentice

May I see these links as well?

I've been saying Peach is underrated for ages. No way she's only mid tier imo.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

JosephAnter

Smash Rookie
Good games CJ, always a pleasure playing you! The Marfth Lucas/ Lucas Fox were my two favorite matches! Your taunts work much better with Peach presenting them, I must say.

Top Bottom