• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
GGs Cons~

Man, I had never seen the down throw -> up B with Luigi before, you caught me so off gaurd with that xD Couldn't see it coming from a mile away haha

I kinda played sloppily during some of that, I'm exhausted z_z

Zork

Smash Apprentice
GGS Himemiya. Towards the middle it became way too laggy though.

That's partially why I don't like playing on crazy stages and prefer the neutrals. It lags even more on those...lost track of how many times I SDed every time you picked a counterpick stage. But oh well, guess I'll just need to learn to adjust.

Any advice for me?

For you I'd just say be careful with those liberal uses of smash attacks, most are not that safe. But you are pretty good regardless, your spacing is some of the best I've seen, very hard to open you up in neutral until you do one of the things previously mentioned. Oh and with Kirby down b/Up B is never safe when I'm close.

Do you have a main btw? Or are you just like me and tend to use whoever you feel like at the time?

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
gg's LoveandBacon, those were some really close matches!
I gotta watch you more closely when im on the ledges, you kept getting me with that Usmash.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
gg's LoveandBacon, those were some really close matches!
I gotta watch you more closely when im on the ledges, you kept getting me with that Usmash.
Yeah, the hit box on Wolf's up smash is pretty weird, and it can be really hard to avoid when you're sittin' on the ledge haha.

I like to DACUS right up by the ledge and blast people sky-high before they knew what hit em :p

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
GGs Cons~

Man, I had never seen the down throw -> up B with Luigi before, you caught me so off gaurd with that xD Couldn't see it coming from a mile away haha

I kinda played sloppily during some of that, I'm exhausted z_z
Expect the unexpected. lol.
We'll have to brawl again sometime.

himemiya

Smash Lord
GGS Him. Towards the middle it became way too laggy though.

That's partially why I don't like playing on crazy stages and prefer the neutrals. It lags even more on those...lost track of how many times I SDed every time you picked a counterpick stage. But oh well, guess I'll just need to learn to adjust.

Any advice for me?

For you I'd just say be careful with those liberal uses of smash attacks, most are not that safe. But you are pretty good regardless, your spacing is some of the best I've seen, very hard to open you up in neutral until you do one of the things previously mentioned. Oh and with Kirby down b/Up B is never safe when I'm close.

Do you have a main btw? Or are you just like me and tend to use whoever you feel like at the time?
I honestly play on cp's only. I'm sick and tire of the excessive sv pick thats why I purposely sd whenever you pick sv. Idc since I don't take brawl as seriously like I use to and I don't main kirby and I do have mains its just idc. If you want advice, for mk fsmash isnt reliable period its only good for catching someone doing something stupid and stop with the panic dsmashes you'd get panished offline and try not to wear out your shield if you don't want it to break. Mk isn't special be whatever.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
Interesting yeah I noticed your tag, I thought most people liked Smashville. How about FD, Yoshis and Battlefield then?

And yes we both have pretty bad smash habits. For me I don't think it's because I panic, I just don't get it punished often probably due to wifi as you said or no one attempts punishing it so I fall into the bad habit of doing it too much.

Also sometimes my logic is go ahead and stale your smash attacks (even if they are great for kills) because I'll get the edgeguard anyway. But I usually never do lol so yeah, it's a dumb idea.

However, MK's fsmash is pretty safe because it has very little cool down and a huge hitbox. It can be punished but it's not easy, even offline, you have to be extremely precise or already in a great position to do so.

And yes I have a bad habit of sitting in shield too much. But it's usually when it's laggy because I can't move like how I want if there's enough lag. I try to be more mobile but those matches towards the middle of our games...I don't know what that was about lol...it was like a slideshow.

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha yeah I know what you mean... Couldn't be all mobile... cause that's how my game-play works. Thank you :D Good characters!
It felt like you were very mobile with Toon Link though? I had difficulty approaching you, running all over the place,lol.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
It felt like you were very mobile with Toon Link though? I had difficulty approaching you, running all over the place,lol.
I don't want to sound arrogant... but I can move faster and do better mix-ups if lag wasn't alive. Yeah I mostly attack and run (at times) but mostly I'll attack head on without fear.

Cr5_01

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to sound arrogant... but I can move faster and do better mix-ups if lag wasn't alive. Yeah I mostly attack and run (at times) but mostly I'll attack head on without fear.
Yeah, that's normally how I play. I just tend to attack fearlessly. It's really effective, but difficult with input lag.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
How about those matches! that was a blast. Ive never played that fast before, it got my adrenaline pumpin'. Oh yeah, i wasnt trying to make ya angry with the taunts, just tryin to spike you.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
How about those matches! that was a blast. Ive never played that fast before, it got my adrenaline pumpin'. Oh yeah, i wasnt trying to make ya angry with the taunts, just tryin to spike you.
Ha ha! What? No I wasn't angry xD Not a bit! My Link was enjoying himself way too much ;)

Yeah I do that to people. That's my side effect :D

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Good games! Loving the Luigi :) He he, going for those taunt spikes a little too much xD Thanks for the games!
near the end, i just decided to mess around with those taunts lol.

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Ha ha! What? No I wasn't angry xD Not a bit! My Link was enjoying himself way too much ;)

Yeah I do that to people. That's my side effect :D
well, until we meet again...

oh yeah, do you go to tournaments?

Top Bottom