• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
And now that its being brought up. I want a full-explanation on Me vs Chibo and Me vs Squall.

Besides Brood, I did slightly better then Chibo this season, and cause of that case I want a head to head or an explanation why hes above me.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
yeah Chibo just switch them already
No, i dont want Chibo to switch it because the public has an issue with it. If that was the case we would live in a no tax world lol.. I want to hear the other panalist explination.....KAylo was for xzax so wut about nasty KEit and MAv??? and MAv still did not answer my ques.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think losses go under mms.

At least that's the order we considered things in while I was there.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wow, you people are never satisfied. Two fairly different Power Ranking lists in such a short amount of time, and people still have to ***** about it. Everyone always has to be so **** selfish... I mean, come on, its ****ing PENNSYLVANIA. If you actually give a **** about your PA ranking, then you're probably not too good overall anyway.

God ****.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Wow, you people are never satisfied. Two fairly different Power Ranking lists in such a short amount of time, and people still have to ***** about it. Everyone always has to be so **** selfish... I mean, come on, its ****ing PENNSYLVANIA. If you actually give a **** about your PA ranking, then you're probably not too good overall anyway.

God ****.
See this is the ignorance I hate about this state. If you didn't know why some people are complaining about rankings then why the **** did you chime into this discussion? You do not know why some people are complaining and some are not, so don't post an ignorant reply for no reason.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

God ****.
Good troll post.

•Col•

Smash Champion
See this is the ignorance I hate about this state. If you didn't know why some people are complaining about rankings then why the **** did you chime into this discussion? You do not know why some people are complaining and some are not, so don't post an ignorant reply for no reason.
I've actually been following everyone's complaints since the last Power Rankings. Its always the same thing; "Oh, my winnings are better than so-and-so's! I should be higher!"

And I wasn't trying to troll, really. Honestly, if someone could give me an actual reason to care about their Pennsylvania Power Ranking, then that'd be nice.

I already find it hard for people to care about it in other states... I mean, come on, if you're good, then people will know that you're good. You don't need to be on some stupid list to prove that.

M@v

Subarashii!
No, i dont want Chibo to switch it because the public has an issue with it. If that was the case we would live in a no tax world lol.. I want to hear the other panalist explination.....KAylo was for xzax so wut about nasty KEit and MAv??? and MAv still did not answer my ques.

Yeah I did.
I was like 75-25 for xzax going into it, Even if I would of voted for xzax I would of been out voted 3-2 anyway.

What it came down to for me was that they had good wins(Xzax with Praxis , Chibo ith brood, squall with the japanese diddy, tusm with a bunch of good wins),
but more of xzax's wins were mms, which EVERYONE, not just the panel, didn't want to count as much. If they were all tourney wins/mms counted as much the rankings most likely would of been different. Mms don't count this new season(Besides ones that happened before the announcement), so that headache won't be there, and all wins will be on an equal scale.

Its like I said before, see my post about mms not counting as much having a significant impact.
I'm going to add onto it that we did decide to count Rain. That took a while to discuss as well, because we wanted to make sure we had all the details on the situation before making a decision. I'm pretty sure it was a unanimous yes. And that would put chibo over if the other stuff didnt.

Pertaining to TUSM, once again I posted this earlier:

once again, TUSMs wins were all tourney. A fair amount of xzax's good wins were mms. We ALL agreed that mms count less. If all of xzax's wins were tourney he would of been higher than TUSM. That simple.

Xzax's top 2 wins were better than TUSM's top two. However, the majority of tusms wins were slightly superior.

Honestly Chibo/squall/tusm/and xzax were all really close.

I already find it hard for people to care about it in other states... I mean, come on, if you're good, then people will know that you're good. You don't need to be on some stupid list to prove that.
This. I still feel Pr's should be made as accurately as possible and made to be as accurate representation of a state, but ultimately everyone here personally knows how good they are. Whether they are blinded by pride or are humble, they ultimately know deep down.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
But you do not show tusm has a bunch of good wins. He really does not but if the panel is going to keep their original statement then so be it. I'm going to be honest, I think this panel sucks because of some of the reasonings I have been getting. If someone really shut me up and everyone else that is agreeing with me with a statement that is reasonable and PROVES something then I will gladly stop but they have yet to happen at 3/5 panelists already chimed into this discussion.

M@v

Subarashii!
Np smurf. ANYWAYY I dug up both xzax and Tusms wins. I bolded what I feel are each's top 5 wins.

So everyone look at them and base your arguments off these FACTS.

TUSM tourney
BigM (2-1)
Slikvik (2-0)
Ebo (2-0)
Cura (2-1)
1337O (2-0)
Dark Peach (2-1)
Dapuffster (2-0)
GDX (2-0)

Xzax Tourney

Takeover
Kingtoon
Smash64
Praxis
ssr
Remix
Pimpinferno
Kid
Links24

TUSM mm
Jerm (MM) (2-1)
KiraFlax (MM) (2-1)
M@v (MM) (2-0)
Sin (MM) (2-1)
Deez (MM) (2-1)

Xzax mm
Lie(mm)
Yes!(mm)
'Chibo'(mm)
Tusm(mm)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Np smurf. ANYWAYY I dug up both xzax and Tusms wins. I bolded what I feel are each's top 5 wins.

So everyone look at them and base your arguments off these FACTS.

TUSM tourney
BigM (2-1)
Slikvik (2-0)
Ebo (2-0)
Cura (2-1)
1337O (2-0)
Dark Peach (2-1)
Dapuffster (2-0)
GDX (2-0)

Xzax Tourney

Takeover
Kingtoon
Smash64
Praxis
ssr
Remix
Pimpinferno
Kid
Links24

TUSM mm
Jerm (MM) (2-1)
KiraFlax (MM) (2-1)
M@v (MM) (2-0)
Sin (MM) (2-1)
Deez (MM) (2-1)

Xzax mm
Lie(mm)
Yes!(mm)
'Chibo'(mm)
Tusm(mm)
fixeddddddddddd

M@v

Subarashii!
Takeover was only an hm at this time.

Smash64 from what people told me was 5th on their honorable mentions list. And they rank their honorable mentions list. So yeah, its essentially like he's 15th. So no.

You can only highlight 5, but since you feel those highlighted ones are big, let me point something out:

4 of the ones you high lighted were mms. ALL of TUSMs are tourney.

I just showed that 2 of the four tourney wins of yours aren't as significant as the mms or praxis/Kingtoon.

Yes, I honestly think Kingtoon is a better win than takeover at this set time period.

NINJA edit because of smurf.

Mainly because neither were ranked this time.

Takeover is an HM if I remember right, plus all of xzaxs mm wins are on par or better. GDX wasn't ranked when he went to APEX. He normally is though. I would put him as number 6 though, because he's probably number 11 or 12 in florida along with MVD.

M@v

Subarashii!
Was still editing, but I'll just put it here. All 3 of them had a better performances overall. during the rankings Darkpeach is debatable, but Slikvik took out kingtoon, which I dont think GDX could pull off, and dapuffster had a way better apex performance than gdx.

Also, GDX wasn't active outside of florida minus apex.

I got to go to bed now though; under the weather and class all day tomorrow.

I should be able to answer stuff tomorrow though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wait wait wait...again with this whole judging it off the new season coming up.. WHEN XZAX BEAT KT HE WAS RANKED 4TH IN PA...we had this prob last time
you didnt understand this logic before as keitaro and i were mega facepalming lol

kingtoon was ranked 9th for the season from may to september
xzax beat him during that period
kingtoon was 4th the prior season

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
kenny was ranked 4th when i beat him. kingtoon was ranked 4th when i beat him. kingtoon was ranked 4th when i beat him.

I thought Chibo was suppose to be like the Obama of the PR, and hes doing as good of a job as Obama is currently doing. Change my ***

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol overall both wins from Tusm and Xzax are near garbage simply put :p

Only thing I have in question atm is Xzax's win on KT. Does the win on him count as KT who is 9th on the PR or 4th? I believe its 9th though.

Also wtf @ all the Praxis hype, no offense to him but he's just a name. Never see him in results recently.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Also wtf @ all the Praxis hype, no offense to him but he's just a name. Never see him in results recently.
Plus he plays peach

Tusm beat me when I just came back from several months of inactivity. Even now, my performances are still very inconsistent due to my hiatus. Beating me shouldn't count for very much atm. Plus I'm unranked/garbs/losttomelon etc etc

mib004

Smash Ace
xzax should be higher than chibo/TUSM/ squall. I really don't get it why he's 6th TBH. NUt who cares kingtoon is 9th im happy about that lmao :). new panel lol Chibo/M@v/Xzax/keitaro.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

God ****.
who the doodoo are you lmao

Only thing I have in question atm is Xzax's win on KT. Does the win on him count as KT who is 9th on the PR or 4th? I believe its 9th though.
who cares? since when did anyone count a win based on someone's rank?

panelists give weight to wins and losses based on skill opinions and accomplishments; Xzax's win on Kingtoon is clearly better than all of TUSM's, as is the win on Takeover, regardless of their ranks

they are better players and we all know it

what if I beat ksizzle or Cable? lol unranked randoms doesn't matter?

stop trying to assign mathematical value to everything with weighing different things differently and going by rankings; if you want to do that, use Rajam's system

but we're not using that system, so at least do it right

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
who the doodoo are you lmao

who cares? since when did anyone count a win based on someone's rank?

panelists give weight to wins and losses based on skill opinions and accomplishments; Xzax's win on Kingtoon is clearly better than all of TUSM's, as is the win on Takeover, regardless of their ranks

they are better players and we all know it

what if I beat ksizzle or Cable? lol unranked randoms doesn't matter?

stop trying to assign mathematical value to everything with weighing different things differently and going by rankings; if you want to do that, use Rajam's system

but we're not using that system, so at least do it right
ksizzle is an obvious exception and we've always did rankings that way especially for NJ in Brawl.

You want to go by biasedness?? What does a win on Spam count as then? Regardless you are putting in mathematical value too if I am. Its clear that beating Kingtoon a couple months ago is less important than beating him now. People get better/worse, its possible.

I heard how you **** talked Jbandrew and Nakat for their doubles wins at KTAR. You don't know crap about their current skill, so you think they are just whatever players when they clearly are some of the best in NJ as of right now, but you won't believe it Nakat beats Nairo 5 times in a row, cause he already beat Nairo at KTAR, but you probably see it as a fluke.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i kno this is for the summer. and i dont really care if im not an honorable mention. i already know where i stand in this state.

but its always fun to see ur name above some1 elses

Zucco

Smash Master
xzax beat me when I was(and still am) unranked, but I hope that would count as something important.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Brawl Panel and Ranking Rules & Regulations Hide

Panelists

* ChiboSempai *Leader*
* Nasty
* Kaylo
* M@v
* Keitaro

In order to be ranked in a given season you must attend the main singles event in three different Brawl tournaments. Only standard tournaments will count of 12+ players and a $10 entry fee. The panel has the right to deem any tournament otherwise worthy or unworthy based on specifics. There is no requirement for whether the tournaments have to be in-state or out-of-state.

The ranking will be determined by tournament matches only (money matches done prior to September 30th will be counted for full weight, but all after said date will not count).

Ranking will focus primarily on wins over losses. One can estimate wins to be about double the worth of losses, if not greater. This means players with overall better achievements will be ranked higher, in the exception of said player having an exuberant amount of poor losses.

The end date for the current season is still being debated and will be announced with ample time before the end of the season. Expect it to end at some point in late October or early November.

LOL i beat lie in a mm at KTAR3. it was on 9/25. so i guess its gonna count for rankings this season

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Brawl Panel and Ranking Rules & Regulations Hide

Panelists

* ChiboSempai *Leader*
* Nasty
* Kaylo
* M@v
* Keitaro

In order to be ranked in a given season you must attend the main singles event in three different Brawl tournaments. Only standard tournaments will count of 12+ players and a $10 entry fee. The panel has the right to deem any tournament otherwise worthy or unworthy based on specifics. There is no requirement for whether the tournaments have to be in-state or out-of-state.

The ranking will be determined by tournament matches only (money matches done prior to September 30th will be counted for full weight, but all after said date will not count).

Ranking will focus primarily on wins over losses. One can estimate wins to be about double the worth of losses, if not greater. This means players with overall better achievements will be ranked higher, in the exception of said player having an exuberant amount of poor losses.

The end date for the current season is still being debated and will be announced with ample time before the end of the season. Expect it to end at some point in late October or early November.

LOL i beat lie in a mm at KTAR3. it was on 9/25. so i guess its gonna count for rankings this season
No, Chibo stop cheating the rules. That rule is only in-affect because you beat Tearbear at MLG. If MM's count for apart of the season, then they should count for the WHOLE season, not a certain time period.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't think MM's should count at all this season, whatsoever, so what if you did MM's already, you got the money, thats good enough.

You shouldn't have the privilege to have one of your MM's count while none of mine can count now because I didn't do them before said date.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol i really dont want the mm to count. i just really wanted the money that day. i was just pointing out a dumb rule.

we should have a vote on that.

should mm's count or not.

i say no.

Top Bottom