• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
They should either count for the whole season or not at all, personally I find MM's stupid for ranking's, winning the money should be good enough.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
they did vote on it, and the vote was no they don't count besides before September 30th. WTF is that, no this panel is terrible. If they really voted on that and screwed me over then wtf was the point of making a new panel. When the panel was me, keitaro, vex, and inui we got ridiculed for how we did(which wasn't much worse then this IF at all) and now its this panels turn.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
i should be on the panel.

lets kick nasty off cause 2 KC members is biased. kinda why i think chibo is so high on the rankings. no offense chibo but ur not top 3 material. and M@V i think is kinda biased for chibo 2.

just my 2 cents

lol chibo prolli told m@v if he voted for him over xzax. hell put him on the PR's.

M@v

Subarashii!
i should be on the panel.

lets kick nasty off cause 2 KC members is biased. kinda why i think chibo is so high on the rankings. no offense chibo but ur not top 3 material. and M@V i think is kinda biased for chibo 2.

just my 2 cents

lol chibo prolli told m@v if he voted for him over xzax. hell put him on the PR's.

Lol No. did someone save the chat log?

It came down to me vs nasty for 10th.

Care to explain your reasoning why I'm biased for chibo?

I dont get why people are mad for mms counting before the rules change. If anything I thought people would be thankful, since people usually do mms for rankings purposes. What if one of you guys beat a really good player in an mm before the rules change, then we said it doesnt count. You would be *****ing at us to make it count.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Xzax, how does not counting mms from this period on hurt you?

I personally would just keep mms counting for the rest of the season cause the season is already going along but stopping them now is still fine imo. People who already did mms keep um but taking away mms is a great start for the PA rankings

NAKAT

Smash Champion
ksizzle is an obvious exception and we've always did rankings that way especially for NJ in Brawl.

You want to go by biasedness?? What does a win on Spam count as then? Regardless you are putting in mathematical value too if I am. Its clear that beating Kingtoon a couple months ago is less important than beating him now. People get better/worse, its possible.

I heard how you **** talked Jbandrew and Nakat for their doubles wins at KTAR. You don't know crap about their current skill, so you think they are just whatever players when they clearly are some of the best in NJ as of right now, but you won't believe it Nakat beats Nairo 5 times in a row, cause he already beat Nairo at KTAR, but you probably see it as a fluke.
<3

10piecesoffriedchicken.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
yea it would be a **** move to tell chibo and KT that there mmz don't count an exception needs to be made.

I mean it still sux that no one else can mm but w/e. I with not letting mmz count this season i dont give a rats *** lmao0o mmz didnt get me ranked 2nd this time around so0 meh... and KT u can say ur 3rd but where u at biatch lmao0oo jk I kno u top 4 easily XD but that wut u did to me last time lol

5thgradecomeback

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You want to go by biasedness?? What does a win on Spam count as then? Regardless you are putting in mathematical value too if I am. Its clear that beating Kingtoon a couple months ago is less important than beating him now. People get better/worse, its possible.
This directly contradicts the logic you and Doom used for NJ's rankings. You counted things within seasons regardless of when they happened (a win at the start and at the end counted the same), which helped to bolster Doom's own rank before. You're going to apply something different here?

Stay consistent.

I heard how you **** talked Jbandrew and Nakat for their doubles wins at KTAR. You don't know crap about their current skill, so you think they are just whatever players when they clearly are some of the best in NJ as of right now, but you won't believe it Nakat beats Nairo 5 times in a row, cause he already beat Nairo at KTAR, but you probably see it as a fluke.
Yup, they beat significantly better players than them and then tied a much better team because of it. I didn't trash talk them for winning. I said they'd probably be free for my team (I'd bet any amount on beating them lol). Typical of me, and likely the truth.

Beating Nairo's Sheik is worthless; I can and have threestocked it before. It is a fluke. How is it not? Nairo just won a tournament, something NAKAT currently can't do. If NAKAT wins next time, it's not a fluke. If he loses (my money's on that), then all is back to normal in the universe.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
did you three stock nairo's sheik as fox?

maybe nairo would go sheik on u if u mained fox lol

maybe you should main fox?

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
mk da bess....From wut i heard he couldn't beat the kid with his main s0o0 tried to gay him and got stepped on XD..

lossing to Jbands Marth is worthless....

IMMA GET sooo flammed for this lmao0o but its too much fun

0HH NO HE DIDN'T

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't really have much of a reason to defend myself over losses, so I don't care. I've been doing so well lately in both singles and teams that my talent can no longer be denied.

Keitaro

This directly contradicts the logic you and Doom used for NJ's rankings. You counted things within seasons regardless of when they happened (a win at the start and at the end counted the same), which helped to bolster Doom's own rank before. You're going to apply something different here?

Stay consistent.
Now is a different season then the season we are currently discussing so what I said contradicts nothing.

Inui said:
Yup, they beat significantly better players than them and then tied a much better team because of it. I didn't trash talk them for winning. I said they'd probably be free for my team (I'd bet any amount on beating them lol). Typical of me, and likely the truth.

Beating Nairo's Sheik is worthless; I can and have threestocked it before. It is a fluke. How is it not? Nairo just won a tournament, something NAKAT currently can't do. If NAKAT wins next time, it's not a fluke. If he loses (my money's on that), then all is back to normal in the universe.
He beat Nairo's mk first round forcing Nairo to go Sheik the rest of the set smart guy. You can't comprehend people beating a player's 2ndaries when their main can't do it can you? This goes back to when Atomsk went Pika on me since I beat his G&W and mk in tourney not long before. He obviously wasn't good vs Falco back then as he lost to every decent but Bleachigo so he had to try to win using a 70/30 matchup against Falco and he still lost.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Now is a different season then the season we are currently discussing so what I said contradicts nothing.
It contradicts the logic you used in the past two NJ lists.

Again, you're not consistent.

He beat Nairo's mk first round forcing Nairo to go Sheik the rest of the set smart guy. You can't comprehend people beating a player's 2ndaries when their main can't do it can you? This goes back to when Atomsk went Pika on me since I beat his G&W and mk in tourney not long before. He obviously wasn't good vs Falco back then as he lost to every decent but Bleachigo so he had to try to win using a 70/30 matchup against Falco and he still lost.
Atomsk wrecked you in two sets after that with his real characters lolololololol

Sheik's not a secondary of Nairo's; it's garbage

I've been playing enough with him to know what he's good with, and Sheik's not included

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Just wanna throw out that Nairo says his mains are MK and secondaries are sheik, falco, and ice climbers. His sheik may not be good right now but hes gonna keep practicing and make his sheik better. Also dont brag about 3 stocking him in friendlies rofl wtf

also

i dont think beating me should count. i should be equal to ryoko or something right now because what have i done in a year? nothing. no accomplishments i shouldnt be seeded at tourneys either. yep.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Just wanna throw out that Nairo says his mains are MK and secondaries are sheik, falco, and ice climbers. His sheik may not be good right now but hes gonna keep practicing and make his sheik better. Also dont brag about 3 stocking him in friendlies rofl wtf

also

i dont think beating me should count. i should be equal to ryoko or something right now because what have i done in a year? nothing. no accomplishments i shouldnt be seeded at tourneys either. yep.
nice troll

20nadoksizletrolls

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I'm not trolling. I haven't had good accomplishments in forever. Why should I be seeded above someone who has worked their *** off this year to get a certain seed? Why should I just randomly enter a tourney and be seeded top 4 or something? That's not fair.

And I probably would be a big win like 8 months ago or something. Now? I should count as much as Shippo lol. Well maybe not that bad. But still. Don't be ignorant.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
understandable, but ur name holds weight and u still are active in the sense that u post on boards and go to tournies to do friendlies, entered in the WC vs EC at apex, went to that NJ tourney, mm anti, and so on. So0 beating u would mean something above average..(inui has said 3902483809428 times that if spam came baq he'd be seeded high and he's been gone for ages) I mean this is brawl, u don't reallllllly have to practice to be good at it and it takes a few hours to get baq into it.

Like if m2k dropped this game as long as u did he'd prob still be seeded at least 3rd and would prob only lose to the same people that he might lose to today...ally, Gnes, ADHD, ahhhhhhh sadly that's it lol

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah i post. so does pierce and he hasnt done anything good in a year until now.

I dont go to tourneys lol. last i went to was apex to see everyone, do doubles (i did bad in that, why should i be seeded high in tourneys then :confused: )and do crews. before that? any tourneys that i actually entered which is about 3 this year. where i did bad minus Pound.

I never mm'd anti lolz me and him always tell people that becuz we like to play each other in friendlies so people would back off.

and to get good its personal preference. look at shadow. he needs to practice otherwise its a bad showing and 3 hours isnt enough for him. doesnt matter if its brawl or melee or whatever. i couldnt snake slide the other day. almost every game needs practice to get good

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Xzax: Personally, I was all for wiping out mms completely for the entire season, so I agree with you there, but meh. It's not that serious. The panel atm isn't that bad, and better candidates either weren't willing to join at the time it was put together (Vex, Smurf?) or are also questionable in terms of how good they'd be.

I mean, Matt's a fool.
(<3)
TUSM cares less than I do, plus he's always working.
You can't seem to disagree with certain people (*coughchibocough*) without insulting them, plus you've -- no offense -- lied about or manipulated your results multiple times in the past.

You can criticize the panel all you want, but it is what it is. It's the best it's gonna get atm while other people are too lazy/busy/don't care enough/continue being too biased or hot-headed to step in.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
yeah i post. so does pierce and he hasnt done anything good in a year until now.

I dont go to tourneys lol. last i went to was apex to see everyone, do doubles (i did bad in that, why should i be seeded high in tourneys then :confused: )and do crews. before that? any tourneys that i actually entered which is about 3 this year. where i did bad minus Pound.

I never mm'd anti lolz me and him always tell people that becuz we like to play each other in friendlies so people would back off.

and to get good its personal preference. look at shadow. he needs to practice otherwise its a bad showing and 3 hours isnt enough for him. doesnt matter if its brawl or melee or whatever. i couldnt snake slide the other day. almost every game needs practice to get good
Gay...........I was one of those people

@Kaylo i dropped out because people were added into the panel without my vote and i thought was unfair.. IF this state wants I will gladly join the Panel again...

Panel should be:
Chibo
Smurf
Kaylo
Phillyrider(only other best choice from UFB lol)
Keitaro

I'm taking out Mav cause of his inactivity and i disagree with his reasoning about certain things, and I would take the place of Nasty. If Xzax was more adult about certain things his expertise would be great..Even Bnzaa would of been good if he was more active and knew the community

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
U are biased point blank.. KT prob would wrk but he's hardly on....Phillyrider is on 24/7 and is the non biased from what i've seen and with enough prep would be a good choice for the panel...I didn't say he was a great pick i said he was the best lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If Kenny could be serious and cared enough to do it, I think he'd make a good panel member. But he doesn't have internet at his house, sooooo yeah.

Honestly, I don't care about being on the panel or not, but I really didn't want it to be without UFB rep. So while I'm on it, I'mma do what I gotta do.

Keitaro

It contradicts the logic you used in the past two NJ lists.

Again, you're not consistent.
What contradicts what? I already disproved your opinion on my past logic compared to my recent feelings on this subject.

Don't worry dude, its okay to be wrong sometimes.

Inui said:
Atomsk wrecked you in two sets after that with his real characters lolololololol

Sheik's not a secondary of Nairo's; it's garbage

I've been playing enough with him to know what he's good with, and Sheik's not included
Once again, Atomsk asked me to split so we played for no money. Soon after he asked to play out the sets just cause he wanted practice vs Falco. I really didn't want to do it but out of sympathy we played the sets while still splitting.

I'm sorry but I can't play serious when I have nothing to prove to myself and after beating him in winners and deciding to split it made me not give a crap. Maybe you'll understand one day if you ever split before gfs.

Nakats main beat Nairo's main. Nairo's 2ndary beats Nakat's main. Nakat's 2ndary beats Nairo's 2ndary.....can you not understand what's going on here???

The first 2 matches are no doubt legit. Nakat's main beat Nairo's main. 2nd match, Nairo's Sheik, which is clearly a hard match for Fox, beat Nakat's main (Fox). 3rd game Nairo basically lost to counterpicking since it ended up being his Sheik vs Nakat's MK. Overall actually Nairo was in a perdicament when his mk lost to Nakat's Fox.

I'm not saying its 100% legit, but its much more legit than saying that the set was garbage cause its far from that.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm taking out Mav cause of his inactivity and i disagree with his reasoning about certain things, and I would take the place of Nasty.

Oh I'm sorry. Last time I checked I(and the rest of state college for that matter) are the ones driving several hours to PHILLY/NJ Tourneys, not the other way around. During the summer the closest tourney to me(minus the one I hosted) was over 2 hours away, and NJ was 6.

I just came out to KTAR and DSO 2 weekends ago as well.

i disagree with his reasoning about certain things
So I don't deserve to be on the panel because I see things in a different light than you? I'm sincerely sorry.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Keitaro, you can't even beat me anymore and you place so badly a lot, and you think Atomsk wouldn't have beaten you outright with his mains for the full cash if you didn't split? =/ No offense, but come on d00d. That was your "luckiest" season ever and you know it.

Nairo vs NAKAT wasn't total garbage and it counts as a win for NAKAT, but it was indeed a fluke, which was my main point.

"Maybe you'll understand one day if you ever split before gfs. "

Are you kidding me with this? I've been in grand finals three times as much as you or more and have split and not split, so I understand all too well.

Keitaro

Keitaro, you can't even beat me anymore and you place so badly a lot, and you think Atomsk wouldn't have beaten you outright with his mains for the full cash if you didn't split? =/ No offense, but come on d00d. That was your "luckiest" season ever and you know it.
What does how I'm performing now have to do with back when I beat Logic 2 sets in a row, you, and Atomsk all in one tourney? I have already beaten Atomsk's mains in tourney MULTIPLE TIMES dude wtf is wrong with you lol you got a thick skull man.

Inui said:
Nairo vs NAKAT wasn't total garbage and it counts as a win for NAKAT, but it was indeed a fluke, which was my main point.
No need to even have any type of discussion with you anymore.

PA was more than right for not having you on the panel anymore.

Edit: I slightly misread your comment, thought you called it total garbage. Still wouldn't call it a fluke though.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
What contradicts what? I already disproved your opinion on my past logic compared to my recent feelings on this subject.

Don't worry dude, its okay to be wrong sometimes.

Once again, Atomsk asked me to split so we played for no money. Soon after he asked to play out the sets just cause he wanted practice vs Falco. I really didn't want to do it but out of sympathy we played the sets while still splitting.

I'm sorry but I can't play serious when I have nothing to prove to myself and after beating him in winners and deciding to split it made me not give a crap. Maybe you'll understand one day if you ever split before gfs.

Nakats main beat Nairo's main. Nairo's 2ndary beats Nakat's main. Nakat's 2ndary beats Nairo's 2ndary.....can you not understand what's going on here???

The first 2 matches are no doubt legit. Nakat's main beat Nairo's main. 2nd match, Nairo's Sheik, which is clearly a hard match for Fox, beat Nakat's main (Fox). 3rd game Nairo basically lost to counterpicking since it ended up being his Sheik vs Nakat's MK. Overall actually Nairo was in a perdicament when his mk lost to Nakat's Fox.

I'm not saying its 100% legit, but its much more legit than saying that the set was garbage cause its far from that.
At least you understand lol. Nairo told me what Inui said about me on the ride to KTAR and told me Inui was wrong. Inui always tries to take away from my wins and underrate me, but just let it be. I have players better then him realizing how good I am and what I will eventually become. None of my wins will ever be flukes and it;s funny how he assumes I can't beat players that I never even played yet to prove so.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No need to even have any type of discussion with you anymore.

PA was more than right for not having you on the panel anymore.
Why, because I think a MUCH better player losing to someone worse than them is a fluke? It is. Nairo wins tournaments. He can beat Anti, Atomsk, ADHD, and just about anyone out there. NAKAT can't right now. Hence, fluke. Why is that hard to understand?

Uh, no.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
keitaro do you remember when i went into the scene and got good wins? inui said they were flukes until i had to prove it more. remember when nairo started ******? inui said those wins were flukes too until in time he realized nairo is legit. let him say they're flukes for now and eventually hell accept whats a fluke and what isnt if nakat keeps doing well.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
keitaro do you remember when i went into the scene and got good wins? inui said they were flukes until i had to prove it more. remember when nairo started ******? inui said those wins were flukes too until in time he realized nairo is legit. let him say they're flukes for now and eventually hell accept whats a fluke and what isnt if nakat keeps doing well.
You're sort of right. It takes a LOT for me to be impressed. I bank on the old guard over the newbies all the time and it takes effort to move into the elite crowd.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Also wtf @ all the Praxis hype, no offense to him but he's just a name. Never see him in results recently.

Honestly, I haven't entered anything since IIRC TourneyPlay 5 in...March I think? Other than Apex.

I bought a house, ended up in a situation where I'm suing someone, and took on a much better job that has me working on Saturday morning. Between the two I've had no time to travel to stuff. I sometimes go to local tournaments after work, but that just means I missed singles already and can play friendlies.

Hence why you're seeing my name nowhere, haha.

Keitaro

Honestly, I haven't entered anything since IIRC TourneyPlay 5 in...March I think? Other than Apex.

I bought a house, ended up in a situation where I'm suing someone, and took on a much better job that has me working on Saturday morning. Between the two I've had no time to travel to stuff. I sometimes go to local tournaments after work, but that just means I missed singles already and can play friendlies.

Hence why you're seeing my name nowhere, haha.
lol its all good, I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything but they spoke about you like you beat Tyrant and DEHF in tourney or something :p Unless you did :embarrass

Heard alot about you back then though. At least now I know why I haven't seen you in results recently.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
idk why Xzax is so up in arms about the rules now considering they've been up for almost a week now, nothing new

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
mmz should count for the whole season or not at all, i agree with that.. IT shouldn't just count to benefit a some people and not others, and Imma be ****ed if the reason KT or chibo gets above me next season is because i lost to tearbear/lie who they beat in a mm or even have the slightest affect on it when i could not mm them

Top Bottom