• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
It was in Reading, PA.. around where I live.. We used to play with the kid Alex before and he did get a lot better but Dex was playing like crap so can't really hold it against him.. plus the whole time, I was making fun of him for losing while he was playing so that couldn't have helped lol

KINGZ COURT

Smash Rookie
im starting to fail at this game but i think i played bad cuzz im playing my 21st party this Friday and have had that on my mind..haven't touched brawl since a week or so..NO johnz i lost lol..2nd in pa got 4th at a newb tourney.... kidz were so bad i went ICies lol and vex knowz how bad my Icies are lol..Alex is decent though he plays a lot of wifi but i usually **** him.. i did 3 stock his peach :)...

*SMURF

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok like, first thing we need is a panel. I want the panel decided hopefully by Monday night, maybe Tuesday. That way we have Tue Wed Thur and Friday to meet up and talk about the topics that need to be done.

1. Deciding on final rules for last season
2. Re-doing last season's rankings
3. Setting ground rules for this current season

So I need a couple things from everyone in PA (and Ebo? lol)

1. PM me with a list of your wins and losses from last season. Designate which ones are tourney and which ones are money matches, and how much $ they were for. Please state which wins and losses were from which tourney.

Please have this done asap, no later than Tuesday night so we can have them for the first meeting. It is not required for all players but is STRONGLY recommended so you are ranked accurately.

2. Vote for panel members. Send me a PM with the names of five people you would like to see on the panel. Do not include me since I am obviously already on the panel. Do not submit the panel you want to see, think of everyone as an individual more or less. You are allowed to choose one out of state player (but must be from Atlantic North). Please submit a reason (anywhere from a sentence to a paragraph) for why you think they would make a good panelist. Well thought out reasonings that aren't just one-liners per se are encouraged.

I will then read everyone's thoughts and take into consideration representation, area, etc and announce the new panel when I feel I have gathered enough responses. I will be announcing the new panel no later than Tuesday night, though I would prefer to have it done by Wednesday night.

Everyone please spread the word to everyone, especially to those who might not read this thread very very often, players like Ebo, .com, and Squall come to mind. Spread the word via text messages, phone call, anything. Tell em to check out the PA thread and to send the 2 PMs to me ASAP.

mib004

Smash Ace
chibo no redoing rankings they are done.............. we know where people stand, just redo your thing with xzax. nobody feels like getting their wins/ losses up the season was over a while ago. We just need to discuss mm and you and xzax TBH.

M@v

Subarashii!
chibo no redoing rankings they are done.............. we know where people stand, just redo your thing with xzax. nobody feels like getting their wins/ losses up the season was over a while ago. We just need to discuss mm and you and xzax TBH.
No, they do need re-done. They were made in one night, didnt have all of the panelists/had an even number of panelists, and too many disagreements and other issues(Inactivity rule and chibo vs xzax being the two most debated). I feel we should also make a rule defining what an honorable mention is as well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
reposting for new page

Ok like, first thing we need is a panel. I want the panel decided hopefully by Monday night, maybe Tuesday. That way we have Tue Wed Thur and Friday to meet up and talk about the topics that need to be done.

1. Deciding on final rules for last season
2. Re-doing last season's rankings
3. Setting ground rules for this current season

So I need a couple things from everyone in PA (and Ebo? lol)

1. PM me with a list of your wins and losses from last season. Designate which ones are tourney and which ones are money matches, and how much $ they were for. Please state which wins and losses were from which tourney.

Please have this done asap, no later than Tuesday night so we can have them for the first meeting. It is not required for all players but is STRONGLY recommended so you are ranked accurately.

2. Vote for panel members. Send me a PM with the names of five people you would like to see on the panel. Do not include me since I am obviously already on the panel. Do not submit the panel you want to see, think of everyone as an individual more or less. You are allowed to choose one out of state player (but must be from Atlantic North). Please submit a reason (anywhere from a sentence to a paragraph) for why you think they would make a good panelist. Well thought out reasonings that aren't just one-liners per se are encouraged.

I will then read everyone's thoughts and take into consideration representation, area, etc and announce the new panel when I feel I have gathered enough responses. I will be announcing the new panel no later than Tuesday night, though I would prefer to have it done by Wednesday night.

Everyone please spread the word to everyone, especially to those who might not read this thread very very often, players like Ebo, .com, and Squall come to mind. Spread the word via text messages, phone call, anything. Tell em to check out the PA thread and to send the 2 PMs to me ASAP.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm dissapointed in the lack of people sending PMs to vote on panelists and such, but we can not wait any longer. In fact I should have done this last night but waited for today for any final submissions. However, the panel is decided.

-Chibo
-Kaylo
-Nasty
-M@v
-Keitaro

I sent PMs to everyone on the panel so please respond asap with the requested information.

Time to get to work!

Expect Rules & Regulations to be up before this weekend and last season's PR to be up hopefully by the end of this week, or next week at the latest.

I also modified the OP's Rankings Section.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm dissapointed in the lack of people sending PMs to vote on panelists and such, but we can not wait any longer. In fact I should have done this last night but waited for today for any final submissions. However, the panel is decided.

-Chibo
-Kaylo
-Nasty
-M@v
-Keitaro

I sent PMs to everyone on the panel so please respond asap with the requested information.

Time to get to work!

Expect Rules & Regulations to be up before this weekend and last season's PR to be up hopefully by the end of this week, or next week at the latest.

I also modified the OP's Rankings Section.
me nor vex arent panelist....wtf?

mib004

Smash Ace
why the **** isn't vex or xzax on the list what the hell kind of panel is this. Kendall doesn't care about this ****/ switch her for xzax. And its 2 KC and 1 UFB no. Yall have to add one more UFB. M@v or keitaro has to come off its only right.

lol wait scrath what i said , i dont care anymore TBH nor does squall or kingtoon, we know who we are better than, everyone but vex.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't want to be a panelist.

I'm happy with the current panel, though I feel Xzax should be on it. I don't recall getting a PM to ask to vote for panelist's, so I never knew we were doing that, but it's alright.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Xzax is super duper biased. Everyone else on UFB EXCEPT for Kaylo is too haha, why don't you start a crew up that aren't such snakessssssss

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The panel 2 seasons ago had 3 KC and 1 UFB and it went more than fine lol. Proof for that shows in the Smurf vs Kingtoon debate where it came down to a vote and despite the panel having 3 KC members Kingtoon was still voted to be higher.

Last season though nothing was ever done officially had 2 UFB and 1 KC and yet no one was complaining "like mib."

If North/West PA is to be active as they say they are going to be, it's only right for them to have at least one rep, and the obvious member for that is Mav - I know he'll do work. As it is a car from their area is coming to KTAR3 and DSO13, should be hype. Also being the school season now I'm sure there will be some tourneys at Penn State and such.

Fury's kind of right there, most of UFB is fairly biased. Not to say that no one is without any bias at all, but a lot of it is kind of obvious. Kaylo is a great choice for the panel and proved that the last time I was on the panel. She showed up and participated in discussions, gave good input, was great at helping gather UFB's results, etc. Second nomination for UFB member would likely be TUSM based on reasonings I got and such. I chose Kaylo over him though because she already has a good history with the panel.

Nasty I have talked with a lot in the past with these sorts of things and I can personally attest that he will do well. I also received good reasonings for him to back that up. He takes things very by the book which is really what this panel needs now.

@Vex - The message about what to PM me with has been posted in this thread since Sunday Night/Monday morning.

Serious PA players should be checking this thread and or have it subscribed.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Serious PA players stopped visiting this thread because it's been over a month and we still have no rankings. By the time this is done, everyone's gonna be discussing next season's rankings.

mib004

Smash Ace
Yea chibo serious players should beat good people/ win money/ and place high at tourneys "something squall and vex does". Not check a PA rankings thread or subscribe to it. Its been a month since rankings been done a nothing is up i don't think anyone care now. Posting rankings that was done a whole month ago is crazy "even thou it has to be don thou".

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Vex: Noooo, I meant I got a PM saying I was a panelist. My bad.

Anyways, if **** actually gets done this time, I'll be a panelist. Tbh I don't think we need to go over last season anymore, but whatevs if everyone wants to.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we will likely be meeting tomorrow night unless nasty gets on tonight

btw happy bday smurf

^why nasty is busy tonight

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Whoa, smurf and I have the same birthday? Awesome

<-- can buy things he sees on infomercials as of yesterday! Yay!
10sorrydotcoms, but team "We still ain't legal" is gone for good

Top Bottom