• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tbh I thought you originally thought it was 3 tourneys which is why you were tyring to really get to places like KOTC the week after APex and stuff, and one of my reasonings for wanting to extend the season to MLG as it was originally planned to be so more people could be active, like you

The season was originally slated to end after MLG Raleigh, but the panel randomly changed it to after Apex for no apparent reason.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Eh, consider me off the panel. Not like I discussed anything with you guys this season anyway.

It was kinda fun last season, but I don't care enough this time around...... and there's enough bull**** going on that I think the panel should be made up of people who sincerely give a ****.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
When Chibo led the panel stuff got done. Simple. Not saying Chibo has to lead, but one of the panelists need to step it up and organize/get stuff together and done in a timely manner.

I lead NJ for rankings. when its rankings time, pics, discussion, etc all get do within 2 days the most. School did just start so people are a tad busy. Funny how in the middle of the semester people are more willing to do stuff then the beggining. (saying that in general.)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If people would be willing for a panel reformation and me leading I'll do it so we can finalize last season, and start a new for with rules set for this next season. And I would promise to have everything set before KTAR/DSO weekend since that's the next big weekend for tournies for us, and at the current rate we're going, we still won't know this season's rules and last seasons rankings before this weekend.

mib004

Smash Ace
chibo or no one can control anybody who is already on the panel. He just need to get **** organie that is all, I meant the old rankings are still up on the OP that is just ******** im sorry.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If someone is working to get stuff organized... wouldn't that be the leader?

Point and case is, there's a lot of bias on this current panel, unorganization, lack of public presence, and no drive to get stuff done. The last panel (well, 2 seasons ago now?) was a million times better.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I support Chibo getting back on board. He gets stuff done, and this current panel...... doesn't. No offense to anybody, but come on, it's been dumb long since the end of the last season, and old **** is still in the OP.

There has to be a leader. Nobody should tell other people what to do, but somebody has to step it up and get everything organized.

M@v

Subarashii!
Next topic of Drama: Will chibo be the next brutal dictator of the PA panel, or the new FDR?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If someone is working to get stuff organized... wouldn't that be the leader?

Point and case is, there's a lot of bias on this current panel, unorganization, lack of public presence, and no drive to get stuff done. The last panel (well, 2 seasons ago now?) was a million times better.
You purposely did this too, you left to watch the panel fail, I know it.

I was claimed to be the unofficial leader for some reason, then got heat from everybody. Dunno why.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Will be a crazy day for NJ when Keitaro decides to leave. Won't be for a while though, got Genesis 2 plans, also the next Apex.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
You purposely did this too, you left to watch the panel fail, I know it.

I was claimed to be the unofficial leader for some reason, then got heat from everybody. Dunno why.
no one thought the panel would fail this hard with chibo out of the picture..

CHibo i think everyone on the panel has silently voted you in so0o...............................GET TO WORK!!

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Yo, I don't know who this guy is but... He's really onto something

This is how you do rankings:

WINS

M2K = 10 points
Top 16 at MLG = 8 pts
A Class Players Globally = 7 pts
Best players of a region = 6 pts
Power ranked state players = 5 pts
Honorable Mentions in State = 4 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR= 3 pts
Known Scrubs = 2 pts
Completely Unknowns = 1 pt

Tourney Match Wins = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Wins = .75 or 75%
MM Wins ($5+) = .50 or 50%

LOSSES

Scrubs/completely unknowns = 10 points
Known Scrubs = 8 pts
Known players that didn't make PR or HR = 7 pts
Honorable Mentions in state = 6 pts
Power Ranked state players = 5 pts
Best players of a region = 4 pts
A Class players globally = 3 pts
Top 16 at MLG = 2 pts
M2K = 1 pt

Tourney Match Losses = 1 whole point or 100%
Pool Match Losses = .75 or 75%
MM Losses ($5+) = .50 or 50%

At the beginning of the season, everyone in PA hoping to get PR'd, would submit the names of people they played (NOT WHO THEY LOST TO OR WON AGAINST). Just a list of names.

The panel would then take those names and apply them into the tiers provided. Each name would have a specific point assigned to them. The panel should not talk about who beat who during this part of the process as that would enable bias.

Then after the tier list is complete, the panel would apply this formula:

Tier List * Match Type = Total Points for that match

For example:

Smurf vs. Atomsk -> WIN for Smurf
8 pts * 1 pt = 8 points

Chibo vs. Brood -> WIN for Chibo
7 pts * .75 = 5.25 points

Fury vs. Snakeee - > WIN for Fury
6 pts * 1 pt = 6 points

Fury vs. Squall - > LOSS for Fury
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

Squall vs. Fury - > WIN for Squall
5 pts * .50 = 2.5 points (ADD TO SQUALL'S TOTAL)

Fury vs. Ally - > LOSS for Fury
2 pts * .50 = 1 pt (SUBTRACT FROM FURY'S TOTAL)

ADD UP [BRAWLER X's] total points using this formula:

[Wins Pts Total] - [Losses Pts Total] = TOTAL PTS AWARDED

Brawlers with the top ten total pts awarded beome power-ranked!

Kaylo and Gentlemen,

That's how you do rankings..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
since multiple things have to be rediscussed for last season + the rules for LAST seaswon need to be set lol, itl be redone. im moving into my new apt today, will start working on this late tonight/tomorrow.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
tbh I thought you originally thought it was 3 tourneys which is why you were tyring to really get to places like KOTC the week after APex and stuff, and one of my reasonings for wanting to extend the season to MLG as it was originally planned to be so more people could be active, like you

The season was originally slated to end after MLG Raleigh, but the panel randomly changed it to after Apex for no apparent reason.
So I should be penalized for what you thought, I thought?
I wouldv'e went to KOTC or somewhere else if I knew it was 3, but I assumed it was 2 so I didn't. Don't really think it's fair.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
hahaha no joke.. and it doesn't matter if you came anyway Chibo, you can't beat me.. The greatest competition was this kid Alex and Smurf

Smurf got 4th lolololol

Top Bottom