• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
idc anymore put chibo over me i can't stand him on this topic any longer. gj getting top 3 in this state by *****ing your way to victory. rankings arent that serious and until i seen you girling i never realized it. we already know whos good and who isnt.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yes but id rather not hear you complain and talk about this for acouple of weeks , instead have you above me on a stupid ranking(which dont mean anything look squall is 5th and kt is 8th.) i know where i stand and so do others so if you want 3rd take it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol KT is 8th, wtf happened to him the past season anyway? He's always been pretty good.

Rogue Pit bout to take them top spots though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I got hw due at 3:40....but eeehhh I don't feel like it :0

Edit: I actually did my **** hw and it was due at 10. Turned that ish in at 9:59, planking in real life.

M@v

Subarashii!
^guys, when you discuss the .com issue, can you guys get a ruleset in stone for rankings reqs/etc. for the future so nothing like this happens again?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Ok guys seriously get something done tonight, get everyone on at a set time and discuss everything and put a theme up.
That just totally motivated me... lol

Anyway, I need top 10's votes on theme's, not everybody gave me there vote, this is all i have;

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Vex

Soul Eater, Smurf, MIB

Pokemon(Actual Pokemon), Xzax, Fury

I want people to be on tonight, but if there not I can't do anything about it.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I don't want any of 'em, so you won't be getting a vote from me, I'll just settle for whatever's chosen, just like the presidential elections.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I want people to be on tonight, but if there not I can't do anything about it.
But you just "weren't in the mood" last night, which you coulda done something about. x.o Xzax has a legit excuse at least, lol.

Anyways, I'll be around tonight after around 8-8:30. PM or VM me, and I'll hop on AIM.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
But you just "weren't in the mood" last night, which you coulda done something about. x.o Xzax has a legit excuse at least, lol.

Anyways, I'll be around tonight after around 8-8:30. PM or VM me, and I'll hop on AIM.
My excuse was I had a pounding headache, whats his excuse during the week? That he has school? BS, his sleeping schedule is so missed up his always up late at night lol.

I'll be around tonight.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Headache =/= "didn't feel like it"/"wasn't in the mood". The way you said it, it sounded like you honestly just didn't give a **** lol (altho I suspect you really don't x.o).

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I don't need to be in any conversation. Whatever I decided last time is what I'm sticking with.
This is the dumbest thing you could have said. This just goes to show how biased you are to xzax being over chibo. If you are on the panel, and they would like to rediscuss an issue, that means that MAYBE something new might be brought up that could change your opinion/vote. To not listen to or participate in the debate as a panelist member is completely unacceptable imho. Like i said, new arguments could be brought up and despite how "set" your decision is, it's always possible that it might actually change.

tl;dr
Hop off of Xzax's little peen for just one second to rediscuss the issue JUST IN CASE NEW POINTS ARE BROUGHT UP.

me and inui are keeping our top 10 as it is.
Again, what if something new is brought up in your case? What if someone is like "Wait a second, xzax should actually be above smurf. We were looking at this all wrong." You're vote wouldn't change then? Grow up and rediscuss any issue that is brought up by one or more of the panel members.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I believe someone else, mainly a KC member for representation, should replace Inui on the panel. 2 out of staters is a bit much, and I agree with what Nasty said there. Saying you don't need to be in a conversation is ridiculous. Would anyone be opposed to Nasty being on the panel?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I would be opposed to me being on the panel for this past season's discussion. Maybe for this new season though.

And there is a reason why inui wasn't on the NJ panel... for the same reason why he should no longer be on the PA panel as an OoS rep. He is just too biased and bases his decisions off of skill and not performance for the SEASON IN QUESTION.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The main reason that turned me off of him was when we were first discussing me vs Xzax in this thread he brought up both singles and DOUBLES results from this current season trying to say how he is a better player than me. Doubles is obviously not counted at all, and all the placement things he mentioned were all from this season, not last. Even if he says they don't count, the fact that he brought up those points shows how they are on his mind and he is bias.

Would Smurf be opposed to rejoining the panel?
Even if I were to rejoin, I don't think it's fair for me to be in part of the ruling of me vs Xzax (neither should he), though we should both be (I mean me if I were a panelist) able to participate in the discussion.

But if I were to become a panelist again, I just personally can't work with Xzax in things like this. Nothing against him, it's just that we can't work together on things like rankings, too many harsh debates and arguments arise. I'm fine with staying off of the panel, just sayin'.

Does anyone know why Smurf quit?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
i have no idea why smurf quit.

And i agree w/ what you're saying about inui. The fact that it's in his head will make him biased slightly.

And on the issue of .Com, mav, and myself...

Pennsylvania Player Finder and Power Rankings

Power Rankings:

Mission Statement: To create a unified state-wide community in Pennsylvania which will encourage players to actively seek competition and strive for improvement.

Our primary criteria is tournament results, as in overall placings. Obviously, more recent results hold more weight. Then, we consider how each player on the panel achieved those placings (who they beat, who they lost to). Finally, with such a large state, it is very likely that some people have never even been at the same tournament, much less played each other, so the panelists will have to simply make their best judgment on who should be ranked the highest. The activity requirement is 3 tournaments in any given ranking period. Also eligibility as a member of the PA Smash community will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

This is quoted from the OP. The rules are still there for everyone to read. The minimum amount of tournies is still 3, as i have highlited in red. I have just refuted .com's argument. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Now they need to rediscuss if my losses are bad enough for me to lose my ranking :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i have no idea why smurf quit.

And i agree w/ what you're saying about inui. The fact that it's in his head will make him biased slightly.

And on the issue of .Com, mav, and myself...

This is quoted from the OP. The rules are still there for everyone to read. The minimum amount of tournies is still 3, as i have highlited in red. I have just refuted .com's argument. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Now they need to rediscuss if my losses are bad enough for me to lose my ranking :)
Eh, the problem is, that's always been there, but in previous seasons, we've changed our mind based on performance and never updated that post.

Like I said, I want to rediscuss it, but you bring up a good point about that old post.

M@v

Subarashii!
I believe someone else, mainly a KC member for representation, should replace Inui on the panel. 2 out of staters is a bit much, and I agree with what Nasty said there. Saying you don't need to be in a conversation is ridiculous. Would anyone be opposed to Nasty being on the panel?
Chibo, How about a GE rep? I know people wanted me, but it doesn't even have to be me if someone doesn't want me. Theres already one KC on the panel.

we got:

1KC
2OoS
1UFB

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I would be opposed to me being on the panel for this past season's discussion. Maybe for this new season though.

And there is a reason why inui wasn't on the NJ panel... for the same reason why he should no longer be on the PA panel as an OoS rep. He is just too biased and bases his decisions off of skill and not performance for the SEASON IN QUESTION.
grow up hmmmm.....maybe i f i didnt know me vs chibo by heart and didn't discuss it 100 times maybe i would

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, How about a GE rep? I know people wanted me, but it doesn't even have to be me if someone doesn't want me. Theres already one KC on the panel.

we got:

1KC
2OoS
1UFB
you know how house of reps work :)

not rly that jk

but kc and ufb are the main crews here and are the ones that need representation
ge has a single active member, which is you

M@v

Subarashii!
I do know how the house of reps work, and its a very, VERY good system.

(not biased since my dad's a house rep. Not at all. :))

Top Bottom