• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Lol I saw it too :p

pretty sure he was just saying that to prove a point though, since no panelist was there to witness me and inui's second MM that we agreed not to count for rankings, he's implying that he could just "say" that and it would be the same..

But it's really not (if that's what you were going for cheebs) bc Mav disagrees whereas Inui already said that he knew it wasn't for rankings

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
^ lol well that's good, but it doesn't matter for him that he beat you in a mm right? His win over you in that mm is not enough to get him ranked even though you are second in PA right? Bc it was a MM and not tourney, you didn't care as much right? You would have won if it was tourney right?

Basically doing that MM and MAV winning doesn't help him at all if mm's barely mean anything in rankings. Your loss barely means anything for two reasons: 1.) It was a MM. and 2.) Wins are greater than losses.

So if someone has enough money, they could potentially mm M2K a hundred times till they get one win. And that one win would do what for them? What about how many times they lost to him?

I see both sides of this argument, and i'm on neither side at this point, bc both sides have valid points. It's just that if losses don't mean much, then why not MM people who are ranked top 3 in their respective states just to get wins. If they lose, no big deal, wins > losses. But if they win, they just beat a top PR'd player... in a mm. Now they have their money, and an insignificant push towards being considered for PRs.
u have $500 to throw away?

M@v

Subarashii!
lets face it chibo.

you DO dryhump the ledge.

Just sayin'

its what ROB does best. Not as good as mk, but still.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
You guys are getting nowhere. Chibo is just going to argue it while everyone agrees MM's should count. Jesus christ Chibo enough is enough, same to everyone else. How about just let the panelists discuss it then have random people ****** the PA thread.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
xzax u never help debates lol

im fine with MMs counting esp cause they have forever, im just more on the dont count camp id suppose

but if and when we decide they do count, there obv needs to be guidelines which is what im debating

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, then, what do you suggest? I mean, we already have the $5 minimum. Must be a third party present? Preferably one that isn't affiliated with either contestant? No inner crew MM's? Possibly no inner region MM's? You'd probably have to take into account the previous win/loss record (if any) of the two players as well........yeah, just throwing thoughts up in the air.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
heres a hint xzax, calling people a "little *****" on swf is an easy way to get infracted

im simply debating, asking questions, playing devils advocate

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont resort to flaming people at least
im not a keyboard warrior lol

and wtf u also said u dont want MMs to count lol

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Toot toot Sonic keyboard warrior. Your hour is near at handdd, you've got the power to save the landddd.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
chibo and xzax yall need to stp this mm debate iz over. WE(the panaliist) will figure it all out wen the time iz near (rankingz time). BUT (only for the panailist) we should vote on inner crew mmz not counting.

My vote is NO..the rest of u (keitaro, chibo, Kaylo, Vex) just put a simple yes or no please. not that serious if people see ur vote imo.

However my vote on inner state mmz should count cuzz although i play with UFB a lot vex doesnt nor does nasty or Chibo and wen i do play with um i play different in a mm..

so inner crews=no
inner state=yes

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Inner crew no, inner state yes.

Keeps competition alive between crews, plus there are more people in the state besides UFB/KC that we gotta consider. (All.... 1-2 of them. x.x)

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
my questions is.. are you guys voting on this for this season or next? Seeing as how this is being established now, it's not really fair to switch it midseason. But I guess that's what the panelists are for, to keep things "fair"..

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Fury: You say midseason like it's really the middle of the season, lol.

There's only been MLG and Asylum 2 so far..... and we're only voting on inner crew & inner state -- a.k.a. people I'm pretty sure you'll see plenty before the end of the season considering they live in the area.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
yea, I understand but now it eliminates the possibility (if people decide on no innerstate mms) of MMing ppl in the future.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's.... the point. ;; I guess we're on different wavelengths here.

The reason for changing something midseason potentially not being fair is that people might've already invested time/money into whatever's being discussed (in this case, inner crew/state mms)..... but since the season's still young, something small like this can change without significantly affecting anyone's record. So imo it's not unfair to discuss it now. It's not too late.

I doubt any of the panelists will be against inner state mms anyway. Probably just inner crew ones. *shrug*

(Then again, there's Chibo.......)
(Jk Chibs. <3)

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
inner state no inn crewa no. KC/UFB NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. we all know each others play style its useless.
U DO NOT KNO MY PLAYSTYLE stp dat shizzzzz...neither do u kno vex style or fury style or nasty style...u just kno chibo playstyle cuzz he grabs the ledge lmao0o00o0o0 srry chibz had to do it lma00o

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I play lucas... "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" *run away* "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" *run away* "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" That's my play style. Who doesn't know that?

Edit: Or did i just give away the Lucas strategy and completely ruin it for every lucas main? oops.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I play lucas... "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" *run away* "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" *run away* "PK FIIIIRRREEEEE!!!!" That's my play style. Who doesn't know that?

Edit: Or did i just give away the Lucas strategy and completely ruin it for every lucas main? oops.
lmao0o0 too funny...NOt the point im makin though i bet u could beat MIB wit ur lucas easy and disprove that he knows ur playstyle.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Everybody knows my playstyle, gay with gay characters, aggressive with fun characters, dumb with bad characters ;]

Habits however, are a different story.

Top Bottom