• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
Hey whats up NC smashers!!? im a falco main from MI and im probably going to be living in Raleigh NC for a month or 2 starting in late april.
which smashers live near Raleigh? where are the tournaments at? and wheres drpp lol?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
PP's in Shelby. Awesome people (including me) are in Raleigh. Tournaments are monthly and held at NCSU, in Raleigh. We're looking into starting biweekly, though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
PP's in Shelby. Awesome people (including me) are in Raleigh. Tournaments are monthly and held at NCSU, in Raleigh. We're looking into starting biweekly, though.
wat? o.O
you'd be booking pretty far in advance, the rooms can be taken more often then not.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Did you miss the discussion in the Brocator Thread? (I think that's where it was, anyway)

PP said we needed biweekly tournaments, and I volunteered to the one that wasn't run by you, assuming I could find a venue (Unless you really want to run biweekly tournaments, but I figured you would have said something if you wanted to).

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
a midwest falco?

oh he won't know what to do with my ganon lol.

and lol, that makes sense. i can imagine vish teaming with someone and luigi laddering their way to victory.

but yeah, raleigh's gonna be good for you man.

big sleep

չչչ
yeah nah, it's never been banned... shoutouts to ka-master though

we doin that **** in tourney
leggo

SK919

Deal with it
Nice to meet you HIV.

Just wondering if anyone here is remotely interested in the tournament on sunday that our friend Ashton is hosting? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318030

Adam is coming! and if you come you can stay at my house if you need housing.

Sunday is awkard but that's the only time the cape fear people would let him do it...

Also, I barely run into other falco's when I enter events in NC man. I don't go to much stuff though.. It would make sense for him to be overplayed though :falco: is pretty broken but :fox: is the best! Considering using him against floaties as soon as my fox is more legit...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Switching to Fox is always a good option if you practice for it lol.

Except maybe on FD sometimes you dirty choker

yeah you

Also sup HIV. I'll be in Greensboro when you arrive here in NC, which is about 1.5 hours away. We'll play at tourneys I'm sure. =)

$mike

Smash Ace
Switching to Fox is always a good option if you practice for it lol.

Except maybe on FD sometimes you dirty choker

yeah you

Also sup HIV. I'll be in Greensboro when you arrive here in NC, which is about 1.5 hours away. We'll play at tourneys I'm sure. =)
ay baybay .

BEES

Smash Lord
So I haven't been playing. Interested in getting back into it though, and taking Smash much more seriously. Are there ever smashfests?

I have pretty much no way to practice, and I feel like I don't really get the chance to practice much at tournies, when I can make it. It's just wham, bam, 0-2, get off the TV and sit around so tourney matches can happen. Not really a surpise that I've stagnated for the last year skill-wise.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm sure you could set something up in Chapel Hill, and there are also somewhat frequent Greensboro/Raleigh fests you could drive to if you wanted.

At tourneys, the tourney matches tend to file out rather quickly, and once people start being eliminated then of course there will be more time for friendlies. Watch the bracket carefully, and use any time in between to watch bracket players play and try to learn from them. That would be a pretty productive use of your time.

BEES

Smash Lord
Eh, that sounds like a one time thing, which really wouldn't help much. I'm more interested in finding a long-term sparring partner. Someone who literally has no one to practice with, who is looking to get better, who is willing to sit down and fight crummy spacies and a crummy roy for a year.

~smash hookups~

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Esam: Yes you are. Do I hate trying to place you and the majority of the rankings though.....

Mike I'll message you tomorrow or Friday with what I think about this.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Your Zelda's just as good as Kaiba's Samus, so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be there. You also beat PP's Zelda.

Top Bottom