• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
State players, I'm going to be at state today, and will be available to play for over an hour starting around 3. So, if you want to beat up my Ganondorf, let me know.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yoooo mike, I actually got the list finished up lol.

MESSAGE ME BIT

Also karn text/aim/fb me plz

It's a rough list but doable probably

$mike

Smash Ace
im not gonna lie, this purple-*** layout is the prettiest thing to happen to smashboards since my payday 1 poster.

pp ill hmu tonight bb

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Don't worry everyone, even though our favorite Slowpoke is gone, you can still select it in your board preferences.

Also, Slowpoke needs to be on this list. Make it happen.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Beards
Guy Cecil
NiGHTS
Chocolate
Purple
Video Games
Raphael
Ganondorf
Kirby
Kirby
More Kirby

Honor
->Honors Programs
->Honors Courses
->Honorable People
->Samurai
->Toshiro Mifune
->Akira Kurosawa
->Throne Of Blood
->Macbeth
->Play
->Art
->Artist
->Raphael
->Teenage Mutant Ninja Turle
->Ninja
->Japanese
->Samurai
->See the loop?

Also, don't forget Guy Cecil.

Hopefully that helps.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have that affect on a lot of people. Just copy and paste that list for honorable mentions, and add Slowpoke.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Raphbo is his official new nickname.

Also, what the hell @ almost everything he posts. I tend to just look at the things he said with a O_o sort of facial expression.

Also, shout outs to NC threads dying all at once.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
They all died because you said you were leaving. Now that you're back, they're getting posts again.

Also, all of that makes perfect sense to me. I'm not sure where you're getting confused. And I like my nickname.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Josh, we all have that same expression. Nobody really knows how to deal with the posts. Its silenced me somewhat, and I usually post pretty often.

In other news, sheik is really fun. She just has all the options that you can forget abput and use randomly and then they're awesome.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Josh, we all have that same expression. Nobody really knows how to deal with the posts. Its silenced me somewhat, and I usually post pretty often.

In other news, sheik is really fun. She just has all the options that you can forget abput and use randomly and then they're awesome.
Clearly my brain's operating on a higher level than all of yours. Either that, or I'm just crazy.

BEHR

Smash Hero
*_________________________________________________________________*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I can't wait for him to go to ncsu and get better so this kinda talk ends lol. Playing kirby vs stingers would not be fun. Then he will find ganon for real lol.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
The thing is, my Kirby's all talk. I don't even practice him. I just pull him out occasionally for fun.

My Ganon, on the other hand, I've been putting work into, and I'm getting really accurate technically.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, once you get to ncsu, you'll still be too preoccupied trying to figure out how to get around turnips with a character that matters to be talking about kirby.

kevin, sheik isn't boring. do you really wanna come here and live with/nearby a ganon main that badly? i figure i'd be of more use (if any use) as a sheik main more than a ganon main. i figure i'd be more interesting to teach too, since her options actually have some strength to them.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lmao at everybody hating on Kirby's potential. That character is too good and waaaaay too fun. Y'all just don't know.

And Chris, I think Kevin just wants you to keep at your main you've put so much time into. I on the other hand support all ventures to random characters that improve your understanding of the game. Keep on keepin on and all that sweet melodious jazz.

I have not played this game in over a week. Weeeeeeeird.

And lmao again at Kevin's eternal struggle to get anyone on the panel to pay attention to the PR's.

EDIT: Also, CHRISSSS, you have to come and jam with me and TJ on UNC-CH campus. In the little practice room I went to with him the other day there was a sweet little jazz drumkit, a piano and plenty of room for other instruments. You gotta join us sometime in the near future.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
maybe josh. haven't played piano basically since i started playing melee lol. the two only overlapped for a few months. TJ is a beast though. he's best on the bass, and he's probably better at jazz piano than me.

i spent two years just developing bad habits with ganon. in my month or so with sheik, i've learned a lot about playing patiently, holding off on advantages, and keeping space while threatening to approach. also topechasing is fun. her foxtrot is just as goofy as i like it. and needles are amazing. she's definitely helped me understand things i'd never let myself think about with ganon, and it's opened me up to a lot of things i need to both think about, and improve on in my game.

but yeah, i had some dirty combos with ganon vs sneak about a hour ago lol.

lord karn

Smash Master
Lmao at everybody hating on Kirby's potential. That character is too good and waaaaay too fun. Y'all just don't know.

And Chris, I think Kevin just wants you to keep at your main you've put so much time into. I on the other hand support all ventures to random characters that improve your understanding of the game. Keep on keepin on and all that sweet melodious jazz.

I have not played this game in over a week. Weeeeeeeird.

And lmao again at Kevin's eternal struggle to get anyone on the panel to pay attention to the PR's.

EDIT: Also, CHRISSSS, you have to come and jam with me and TJ on UNC-CH campus. In the little practice room I went to with him the other day there was a sweet little jazz drumkit, a piano and plenty of room for other instruments. You gotta join us sometime in the near future.
Jenny is actually pretty beast at piano. I think she won many regional piano competitions in high school.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
well, once you get to ncsu, you'll still be too preoccupied trying to figure out how to get around turnips with a character that matters to be talking about kirby.

kevin, sheik isn't boring. do you really wanna come here and live with/nearby a ganon main that badly? i figure i'd be of more use (if any use) as a sheik main more than a ganon main. i figure i'd be more interesting to teach too, since her options actually have some strength to them.
I want you to play a character you know how to play+understand better than a good character. I don't care one bit if you learn Sheik, but if you try to main/second her right now, then I care.

I'm gonna try to teach you Sheik+Marth+spacies+Falcon+Puff if I can get away with it anyway lol.

Ganon isn't bad and he would not be boring to teach. If anything, the prospect of teaching a character I don't have as much exposure to would be interesting. Ganon is a lot of fundamental play, and his walling mechanics along with his great range and power would be great to work with and teach someone about. I do understand the character already to a solid degree and even talked to you about walling a while ago if you recall. Melee is interesting in all forms with all characters(except Yoshi and bottom tiers lol no options).

I honestly care more about you/whoever actually listening to what I'm going to teach than which character you play when I teach it to you lol.

Top Bottom