• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Now that my plan has been hatched and I'm no longer on the PR, I gotta attend all tournaments and try to fffff up the brackets as an unranked player.

Grapes. ;]

Mahone

Smash Champion
perfect, now that lightsyde is going to tournaments, i can finally return to nc

also, i don't think its a good idea to live together for you two lol...

just from my experience, even if you live with you're best friend, you are gonna find stuff about that them annoys you...

if you guys are really good enough friends, it won't matter and you'll be able to work it out... also, if you don't know the people you live with, as long as they don't do anything really ****ed up, you can just treat them as people you share rent with and nothing more, and everything can work out fine...

anything in the middle turns out pretty bad... just a heads up

4 years of experience in all 3 categories, so take that for what its worth

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Word Mahone, well it could also be fun. We're trying to get another smasher to live with us too LOL(shady penguin, plays mostly marvel now though). Anyway, if we don't like it we can change it up, but I bet we could work something out.

I do appreciate the advice and will see if I can find a way to be a sick roommate even moreso than before.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
First off: lol at ^

Secondly,
So basically in the 6 months, we have had...

Work toward Melee ONLINE
An ambitious smash database project compiling all Melee history
Multiple breakthroughs in stage/character hacks & AR codes
the further internationalization of Melee: first contact with the Mexican smash community, the now famous "Perfect Dark" Chilean tech skill video, Japan's return to form, and the Caribbean's first exposure (ShonenKel, Sinji)
onski's Smash!: the Doc
EastPoint's The Smash Brothers documentary series
New Project M demo, final build close to release
the Lean Melee blog
PEEF's state of the game live show, as well as Stab's top player interviews/podcast
the return of the Melee: FC series
the 2nd largest Melee tournament ever, and the biggest stream
Guinness World Record broken in the midwest for longest play session
Twitch.tv smash partnership and homepage; further growth and popularization of smash streams
Stratochaster's hitbox & frame data project, now near completion
The creation of multiple facebook groups for each region; the Melee community's increased integration with social media
The return of the MBR as a governing body
Wombo Combo hit 2 million views

god damn Melee community is putting in WORK. I love it.

Don't know what got into us but I'm so hyped for our future right now.
Woah

:phone:

Mahone

Smash Champion
also lol @ ur advice mahone, i hope u've considered that u were probably the problem
hahha...

well i lived with 3 other friends...

2 of them hated the other 1 and had problems all the time...

i was never involved with the hate one way or another

don't you have problems with your roommates? always telling you to do chores and clean up your room XDDDD

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I started playing in the last six months. Why aren't I on that list? Is he saying all that stuff is more important than me?

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Next weekend like the 14th? Ill see what I'm up to. I might go to chapel hill if their tournament shapes up.

Edit: not that worried about the pr. Its just a little funny to me, cause the 3 guys I'm worried about being above me probably won't even realize they're pr'd until someone either tells them, or they go to another tournament lol.

Mike we need a climbfest, pronto.
Yeah that weekend. I should be all moved in if you wanted to come over.

And for future tournaments if you want to pool, I'm willing to chip in some gas. I usually can't drive since my girlfriend gets a little mad when I take the only car to go play smash all day.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
If you guys are annoying, ill just live with ashley like I do now. Only time I go to my room as it is, is to shower and change clothes. It probably won't be bad.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiismuch

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. this reminds me, i still need to go to HRL.

people were talking about how living with friends can be bad. i was just saying that if it is bad, i just...won't be around much lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm pretty bad at it. my other suitemates in my current suite bro pretty hard. i can't handle it very well. last weekend i walked in and one of the guys was upside down on the couch flipped over with his feet on the wall kinda dancing to the music they were listening to.

i just got my laptop and returned to ashleys room as if nothing had occurred.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

even if it's just during smash we will still bro

trust me man I got smash bro'ing/regular bro'ing down well we in there either way

shut up cam I'm using bro a new way leave me alone

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What happens for tournaments during the Summer? I assume we won't be having any NCSU tournaments, and given that this will be my first summer with you guys, I want to know what'll be happening.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
mk. looking forward to it.

my sheik is coming along nicely. once i can sh (nair or bair) oos it's on. techchasing with her initial dash is mad fun. i think i play her more like a european sheik, i feel like i can still do more with dthrow jab, but i keep dashing instead cause it's more fun.

i also need more dtilt and less ftilt, and better spacing overall on my ftilt. it's safe on shield, but not on her crouch.

just posting to solidify it in my brain.

edit: usually, things die, i get PR'd, and we all wait longingly for school to resume, raphael.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What happens for tournaments during the Summer? I assume we won't be having any NCSU tournaments, and given that this will be my first summer with you guys, I want to know what'll be happening.
School tourneys stop, but this'll be the first year where it may actually be an issue unless some dudes step up. Usually we have lots of summer tourneys and wind down towards the start of school so people can get situated and all that. It's definitely a play by ear kinda thing.

mk. looking forward to it.

my sheik is coming along nicely. once i can sh (nair or bair) oos it's on. techchasing with her initial dash is mad fun. i think i play her more like a european sheik, i feel like i can still do more with dthrow jab, but i keep dashing instead cause it's more fun.

i also need more dtilt and less ftilt, and better spacing overall on my ftilt. it's safe on shield, but not on her crouch.

just posting to solidify it in my brain.

edit: usually, things die, i get PR'd, and we all wait longingly for school to resume, raphael.
Not playing Ganon? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Learn to space Fair(and AC it if you don't already) better. Seriously.

Dair into Upsmash.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I see. I wonder if we'd still be able to use the room at NCSU, given that NCSU has some summer courses.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i really want more dair combos and more uair combos. watching amsah and ice from HK3 have my interest for the next few days. they implement a lot of the dash dance tricks that i'm working on, and a lot of the other things that i wish to keep working into my game.

i'd like to believe i'm doing the ac fairs right, but i'm probably not. getting them safe on shield is something i'm interested in, because it probably leads (somewhat) safely into more of those, an utilt/spaced ftilt, or a grab.

yeah, i haven't played much ganon since the switch. mostly in teams though, i still need him. he ***** in teams.

Top Bottom