• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
And the drug comment was far from ignorant and was actually pretty accurate considering dam near every post about an event/smashfest usually has a post following from u saying something along the lines of I wanna get high off of something and will things to get me high be there and honestly the things people have said in NC involving you and drugs makes it even more accurate

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I mean, I don't equate green greens to being a drug, since it's plant lol

and when burned and inhaled, this plant makes smash a much more enjoyable game in every aspect for me and many others

it relieves a lot of tensions I have about my own personal game and makes me much less angry about them, rather it helps me think of creative ways to help me get through my smash troubles.

Basically it helps me focus, keeps me level headed, and makes it much more fun for me.

So why is there something wrong with that sneak?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I don't equate green greens to being a drug, since it's plant lol
don't be an idiot. a drug is something that alters bodily function. marijuana is most definitely a drug.

the "it's a plant" argument doesn't work at all. here's a list of plants used as medicine (aka drugs). are you going to try and argue that all these aren't drugs?

fun fact: opium is derived from a plant. try saying it isn't a drug, that will go over well.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I'm not even gonna get into it because some friendships in NC may end up broken... but i'm just gonna stand by what i said as far as my comment being accurate. Bottom line is that NC should step it up overall thread wise, tournament wise, improvement, everything but especially the threads because they end up terrible to read. You go to work and come back with 10 pages full of nothing and maybe one relevant post dealing with something about a smashfest and you gotta play where is waldo and read through the nonsense to find it

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
don't be an idiot. a drug is something that alters bodily function. marijuana is most definitely a drug.

the "it's a plant" argument doesn't work at all. here's a list of plants used as medicine (aka drugs). are you going to try and argue that all these aren't drugs?

fun fact: opium is derived from a plant. try saying it isn't a drug, that will go over well.
you take me as some kinda ******, I don't get it

do you really think I'm ignorant on this subject, Kyle, really?

I'm not even gonna get into it because some friendships in NC may end up broken... but i'm just gonna stand by what i said as far as my comment being accurate. Bottom line is that NC should step it up overall thread wise, tournament wise, improvement, everything but especially the threads because they end up terrible to read. You go to work and come back with 10 pages full of nothing and maybe one relevant post dealing with something about a smashfest and you gotta play where is waldo and read through the nonsense to find it
Even though I'm part of the nonsense, and even though we disagree on a lot, I agree with this. We could use a little more discussion and less ponies. It could only help.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
you take me as some kinda ******, I don't get it

do you really think I'm ignorant on this subject, Kyle, really?
because you act like one sometimes.

if you honestly believe that green greens is not a drug, then yes.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
As far as this 420 **** goes, i'm with Big Luke for the most part. The word illegal means nothing to me. Law was designed by man who has many flaws. It just so happens that I don't break the law very often due to my own moral views. Whether it is a plant or not means little, but it is something that makes people come together and get along with each other. You've never heard of someone smoking a **** load of weed and beating the **** out of their old lady, have you? No, you haven't. That's alcohol. You haven't heard of someone smoking a **** load of weed and had some crazy addiction to it, have you? Oh, no, that's almost every other type of drug.

Weed does not lead to any sort of specific illness, nor does it have any type of addictive properties. There is no physical addiction. If you quit weed, for 3 days you really feel like you'd rather be high than sober and then it's over. You don't get any headaches, nausea, body aches, or anything, like you would get with a serious drug. They need to just legalize the ****, for real. The violence in mexico due to the drug cartels wouldn't even be on the news right now if weed was legal.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0

being illegal/legal has nothing to do with what a drug is. it being a drug doesn't even mean it's good or bad. it simply means it's a mind altering substance, which green greens is.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I just dont get why we have to live up to some super ficial standard for what a thread should be

this is a website about smashbros.

with that being said I do like sneaks no green policy, strictly for the fact that I agree with him that we need to train more seriously.

HOWEVER, I dont see the point in us improving as posters, this thread is our thread, all NC threads are ours. We come to socialize and talk about melee.

its a video game.

we out

and so is the whole talk **** and trying to use "trolling" as a cover up thing that NC does.
I also agree with this sentiment.

But, i dont think people should take these forums that seriously.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I think he's saying we don't talk about melee.
Because we don't.
We should talk about more melee.
Even most of the time when plur posts it's something melee related about ****** his room-mates with items or some ****.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*yawn* whatever bro's.

lets get better at melee.

edit: serious people get serious and improve. it'd be convenient if the online place for us to talk about things also helped us improve. often times we can't play each other very much, and it's interesting to talk about things related to the game even when we're not playing it. problem is, whenever those people looking for something related to the game look in NC threads, we end up finding ponies, drugs, or some sort of keith vs the world thread, or everyone calling ocean mad about something.

i mean, the recent discussion about my switch to fox as a primary fighter sparked something resembling interesting discussion. but not really.

stingers, i'd probably spam peach's bair. that move is good.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I just dont get why we have to live up to some super ficial standard for what a thread should be

this is a website about smashbros.

with that being said I do like sneaks no green policy, strictly for the fact that I agree with him that we need to train more seriously.

HOWEVER, I dont see the point in us improving as posters, this thread is our thread, all NC threads are ours. We come to socialize and talk about melee.

its a video game.

we out

I also agree with this sentiment.

But, i dont think people should take these forums that seriously.
What i'm saying is that NC should step up the content in the threads. The social thread is fine and understandable at times since it is a brocator/social thread. Maybe NC should make a smashfest/tournament finder thread or something. In the end i just feel like you shouldn't have to fish through like 8 pages of "trolling" and nonsense to see if someone made a post about a gathering or something like that. The troll thing is funny at times but you have to admit there's alot of times where it becomes excessive

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
As far as this 420 **** goes, i'm with Big Luke for the most part. The word illegal means nothing to me. Law was designed by man who has many flaws. It just so happens that I don't break the law very often due to my own moral views. Whether it is a plant or not means little, but it is something that makes people come together and get along with each other. You've never heard of someone smoking a **** load of weed and beating the **** out of their old lady, have you? No, you haven't. That's alcohol. You haven't heard of someone smoking a **** load of weed and had some crazy addiction to it, have you? Oh, no, that's almost every other type of drug.

Weed does not lead to any sort of specific illness, nor does it have any type of addictive properties. There is no physical addiction. If you quit weed, for 3 days you really feel like you'd rather be high than sober and then it's over. You don't get any headaches, nausea, body aches, or anything, like you would get with a serious drug. They need to just legalize the ****, for real. The violence in mexico due to the drug cartels wouldn't even be on the news right now if weed was legal.
<3

I currently just invited myself to Josh's tomorrow night to see you btw

<3

being illegal/legal has nothing to do with what a drug is. it being a drug doesn't even mean it's good or bad. it simply means it's a mind altering substance, which green greens is.
Kyle, this is the part where you need to grow up and think of things by yourself for yourself in order to better yourself. Not just call everyone dumb while never showing any person though or insight of your own.

Think for yourself, make your own definitions of arbitrary objects, ideas, character traits, etc.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'm...pretty sure oceans definition of a drug is pretty clear. it's the one he accepts. just because a common definition is the one he chooses doesn't mean he hasn't thought about it in his own way.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
What i'm saying is that NC should step up the content in the threads. The social thread is fine and understandable at times since it is a brocator/social thread. Maybe NC should make a smashfest/tournament finder thread or something. In the end i just feel like you shouldn't have to fish through like 8 pages of "trolling" and nonsense to see if someone made a post about a gathering or something like that. The troll thing is funny at times but you have to admit there's alot of times where it becomes excessive
And I agree with you on that, however, you cant stop people from posting whatever they please, You cant help people who dont want to be helped.

Top Bottom