• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So yeah, next topic of discussion.

Falcon/Marth = 50/50

Gogogogogogogogogo
I have no idea what this matchup is.

They both capitalize hard after a grab, but Falcon's combos tend to be more assured(especially at lower percents).

Falcon's Nair gets ***** by CC grab/uptilt/Fsmash, but if you catch Marth trying to retreat then it can lead to grab(sparing use).

Marth's Dtilt can get kneed/Bair'd over, and being ariborne long(even to SHFF Fair) is sometimes too long and nets Falcon a Uair.

Falcon has an amazing edgeguard on Marth. Offstage Bairs wreck him and reverse knee onstage kills/sets up for kills. Marth easily edgeguards Falcon as well as well as gets gimps pretty easily.

Both characters DD each other super hard, and learning how to cut through walls or maximizing your speed advantage(Marth's WD tricksies vs Falcon's pure speed) is what tends to win in neutral position.

Oh, and Marth works/combos on platforms much better than Falcon, but Falcon moves and gets in much better with them.

I seriously cannot call this matchup. 50/50 feels like a cop-out lol but it might be what I think for now. XD

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I have no idea what this matchup is.

They both capitalize hard after a grab, but Falcon's combos tend to be more assured(especially at lower percents).

Falcon's Nair gets ***** by CC grab/uptilt/Fsmash, but if you catch Marth trying to retreat then it can lead to grab(sparing use).

Marth's Dtilt can get kneed/Bair'd over, and being ariborne long(even to SHFF Fair) is sometimes too long and nets Falcon a Uair.

Falcon has an amazing edgeguard on Marth. Offstage Bairs wreck him and reverse knee onstage kills/sets up for kills. Marth easily edgeguards Falcon as well as well as gets gimps pretty easily.

Both characters DD each other super hard, and learning how to cut through walls or maximizing your speed advantage(Marth's WD tricksies vs Falcon's pure speed) is what tends to win in neutral position.

Oh, and Marth works/combos on platforms much better than Falcon, but Falcon moves and gets in much better with them.

I seriously cannot call this matchup. 50/50 feels like a cop-out lol but it might be what I think for now. XD
yeah. i too have no specific opinion on the matchups, but if numbers are demanded, then I too will assign a 50/50 to the matchup

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
idk marth just feels 100x more flimsly than falcon when these two characters are on the stage with each other. always on the edge of destruction.

im so good at match up discussion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nah I get that feeling too, Cam. Marth has to be a lot more deliberate since Falcon can come in on him quickly for whiffed moves.

That's why there's typically so much DD camping in this matchup(from Marth) when people want to win lol.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Stage dependent I think: 50-50 overall

Falcon wins on Dreamland and PS
Marth wins on YS and Fountain
Battlefield is evenish
FD I don't even know how to feel. Falcon's combos are raw but platforms make it harder for him to get in/recover. Probably pretty even here though.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Stage dependent I think: 50-50 overall

Falcon wins on Dreamland and PS
Marth wins on YS and Fountain
Battlefield is evenish
FD I don't even know how to feel. Falcon's combos are raw but platforms make it harder for him to get in/recover. Probably pretty even here though.
wooooooow

wowowowowowo

WOW

i totally agree

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well as long as you want to be better, you can/will get better.

or at least thats the bull**** that better players tell me.

in my honest opinion, i think i will completely top out at somewhere around rockcrock's level if i train and do things right as good as i can for about the next 2 years. oddly enough, thats not really good enough for me. i'm not going to quit, but i do play this game to test my limits, and i think they're somewhere around there. so some of my motivation is kinda...gone.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
psshhhh

motivation can be manufactured

just as most other emotions can be controlled to some extent

just convince urself of whatever u want, unless there are other things that are way more important and demand the time u would otherwise be using to smash

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
at least this semester, there aren't. but next semester, there probably will be. its tough to tell what the future holds, but now that i have an idea of how good i think i can get and how much knowledge/reaction/experience it takes to get at a level i'd be happy about (somewhere better than dj/you :p and maybe even with sneak/cam when they're really trying to beat me), i'm not sure if i'll be able to reach that level before i will need that time for other things.

it's tough.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

in my honest opinion, i think i will completely top out at somewhere around rockcrock's level if i train and do things right as good as i can for about the next 2 years. oddly enough, thats not really good enough for me. i'm not going to quit, but i do play this game to test my limits, and i think they're somewhere around there. so some of my motivation is kinda...gone.
How do you know what your limits are if you've never tested them? You'll never know what you're capable of until you put BS like this behind you and just focus on getting better!

Also, comparing yourself to higher level players is silly and demoralizing. Just play for yourself, at your own pace, and you'll get better if you concentrate on your next goal, one goal at a time. That's what I did, and I never got demoralized by better players or by myself.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
How do you know what your limits are if you've never tested them? You'll never know what you're capable of until you put BS like this behind you and just focus on getting better!

Also, comparing yourself to higher level players is silly and demoralizing. Just play for yourself, at your own pace, and you'll get better if you concentrate on your next goal, one goal at a time. That's what I did, and I never got demoralized by better players or by myself.
take it from the man himself

also,

wtf i **** all of u, not just dj

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Wow reading all of this makes me want to be back in the Texas smash scene. Out of smash you guys **** but holy ****, does it really matter? **** you guys you all suck anyway never coming to a tournament again HUMPH

and on a serious note **** you josh.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
the people who complain about how bad a community is are generally the ones that bring it down to that level.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero

A better player telling me if i want to get better, i can/will get better.
man, i can predict pp on the boards, but i still can't do anything about his falco.

:ohwell:

edit: <3 u pp. i know you're trying to help.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
the people who complain about how bad a community is are generally the ones that bring it down to that level.
Yeah because I start HOW much **** on the boards? Because I make peoples playing time unbearable and don't drive people around or let them stay at my house. I don't pay for peoples entry fee's if they need it or do any of that ****. I'm just a horrible smasher over all, you are completely correct. Thanks for showing me the light you amazing smasher you.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I never said any of that.

you know I love you zach, I just wish you would stop telling us all how horrible we are. that only adds more negativity.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Yo doc falcon is 70/30 docs favor. You see what doc can do off grabs?! ****ing broken as ****, can't get combo'd by falcon and his cape is ****ing op.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@PLUR: Does Falcon really win by that much? Dang....I guess I could believe it.

I mean I've played the matchup a good bit but I don't actually know lol.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I don't really like the falcon/Mario matchup, honestly. Spaced nair is redonkulous and his grabs kinda lead to autocombos on mario. :(

[Edit] Kevin, while I honestly feel like Falcon beats Peach relatively soundly, I dunno.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
this is prob my last post before i get banned.

so ya @ NC: all of u are f@gs.
im gonna go out on 3 limbs here:

1) I love the **** outta you cam

2) I do not in any way support the derogatory things cam has said about perv or anyone on the boards or general internet public

3) Pretty pwease dont ban cam

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
·•Antagonist•·*says:
*Oh man
*I just remembered...
*In 13 hours and 40 minutes
*I get my braces...
*Oh lord.
†Kevin†*says:
*OH DWAM
*cant wait to see that
·•Antagonist•· says:
*Go to hell LOL
*So
*I went to my Grandpa's
*to clean my teeth
*since he's a dentist
*high as **** last Tuesday
*and the weed
*was laced with WD40.
*Which isn't dangerous at all, it just makes you really relaxed.
*but
†Kevin† says:
*lol
·•Antagonist•· says:
*The girl cleaning my teeth
*Made a joke
*I asked "So what're we doing today?"
*"Removing 17 of your teeth."
*I jumped like a ***** and back up and said "WHat?!"
†Kevin† says:
*HAHAHA
*dang
·•Antagonist•· says:
*Yeah
*but getting your teeth cleaned while your high
*feels great.
†Kevin† says:
*for real?
·•Antagonist•· says:
*Yeah.
*The vibration and weird feeling on your teeth feels pretty amazing.
†Kevin† says:
*you're set to do it too
*just layin back
*mouth open
*dont have to move
*hows the water straw btw
·•Antagonist•· says:
*Water straw?
*you mean
*that thing
*they put in your mouth to wash your mouth?
†Kevin† says:
*yeah
·•Antagonist•· says:
*HAHAHA
*It's INSANE
*It feels great
†Kevin† says:
*XDDDD
·•Antagonist•· says:
*Oh god you're gay.
*I hate you.
†Kevin† says: