• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

DJRome

Smash Hero
There have been recent high-level Falcon opinions that Sheik vs Falcon is actually an even or maybe slightly good matchup for Falcon.

Just don't approach. Sheik has no approaches.

Yes I know she has needles but it's food for thought.

I think Falcon loses it but not by as much as I used to. Bair is stupid good vs Sheik and sometimes I feel like Falcon can punish harder off of a grab.

Sheik probably edgeuards better though.
what have i been saying for a year

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Just wanted to quote this again as it pretty actively mirrored my reaction.

It's not as bad as I used to think (Read: Unwinnable) but it's still REALLY bad. Most Sheik's are just terrible.

Kevin: Needles definitely (in my opinion) make up for lack of an approach. She can just throw stuff at him until he finally comes in. And Falcon has even less of an approach (Read: Nearly all of Sheik's moves beat all of Falcon's) and platform needle camping limits it even further. And how can you say that Falcon messes Sheik harder up off grabs when they can avoid anything really terrible by just DI'ing well, when Sheik has Tope chasing which should almost always be death.

EDIT:

Maria: I'm sure it's going to probably be brutal but no one will try against my Kirby so I'm kinda looking forward to it anyway. It'll at very least be hilarious.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
No offense to your friend, but play against a better Sheik and then tell me about your options while they are Tope chasing you, CC'ing your aerials, platform needle camping into Fair/Grabs and Ftilt'ing anything you to do typically into Fair.

I agree though, Fox is worse. I **** Falcon with Fox if I'm on point. Utilt and jab **** him up so bad on stage (not even mentioning the obvious Nair Shine Uthrow Usmash stuff).
... I was just implying that I don't think Sheik is Falcons worst match-up anymore. Plus I never advocated running into Sheik with aerials because of cc, which I noted was gay and I hate it in the match-up, and said that Falcon is just trying to camp grabs all match because nothing else really works... But I guess I can't learn anything from playing people whom Josh doesn't deem good enough. btw if you think I didn't know how many more options Shiek has and how much Sheik can do to Falcon you were sadly mistaken, being that I only heard you ***** about that match-up more than enough back when you mained Falcon, but I guess I'll just keep to myself again and lurk because posting in NC threads suck nowadays anyway...

edit: sorry to burst out at you like that, Josh... not having the best day...

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
... I was just implying that I don't think Sheik is Falcons worst match-up anymore. Plus I never advocated running into Sheik with aerials because of cc, which I noted was gay and I hate it in the match-up, and said that Falcon is just trying to camp grabs all match because nothing else really works... But I guess I can't learn anything from playing people whom Josh doesn't deem good enough. btw if you think I didn't know how many more options Shiek has and how much Sheik can do to Falcon you were sadly mistaken, being that I only heard you ***** about that match-up more than enough back when you mained Falcon, but I guess I'll just keep to myself again and lurk because posting in NC threads suck nowadays anyway...

edit: sorry to burst out at you like that, Josh... not having the best day...
I wasn't trying to be rude, pal. Calm down.

I never said you couldn't learn from your friend; I was just saying it's hard to get a really good feel for a match up unless the person playing the opposing character is at least on your level (or ideally, better than you, for example, me vs Aasem). I thought I understood the Peach/Falco match up and then Aasem showed me a new dimension to it, which is what prompted me to put out the huge write up I did. Unless the person you are playing is really playing the match up correctly, you're only going to get a better concept of how combo or edgeguard in general (or even just vs them). That's all I meant.

I do much better against Sheik with Falcon now by the way.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I went Kirby vs Michael in tourney, the set was 2-1, him.

edit: @Josh I know, I know... It just reminds me how out of the way I am compared to all the talent NC has now. I play Melee daily, with the same people. We get better, we learn from each other, we talk about game theory and about past tourney experiences. Unfortunately their tourney experience is about 3 years behind mine and they're ability to get out of bad habits is faulty at best. For example, Robin Hood can't seem to figure out how to use Peaches bair... His DI is normally amazing, he uses his turnips very well, he find weird ways to combo with f-smash, but he can't bair... not really sure what to do with that one lol.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
It's impossible to have a 0:100 MU.
It's always 99:1 because it's possible to win. I saw the IC boards discussing the Ganon match up and saying that.
Yeah. I suppose it's possible that the Ice Climbers player slips off the edge three times accidentally, then upon respawn, rolls into an (accidental) warlock punch and forgets to recover.

It's possible, after all.

edit - Oh right, three stocks in Brawl. Well, tbh, it doesn't really matter how many stocks ganondorf has. Give him 99. He might take off a stock.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just wanted to quote this again as it pretty actively mirrored my reaction.

It's not as bad as I used to think (Read: Unwinnable) but it's still REALLY bad. Most Sheik's are just terrible.

Kevin: Needles definitely (in my opinion) make up for lack of an approach. She can just throw stuff at him until he finally comes in. And Falcon has even less of an approach (Read: Nearly all of Sheik's moves beat all of Falcon's) and platform needle camping limits it even further. And how can you say that Falcon messes Sheik harder up off grabs when they can avoid anything really terrible by just DI'ing well, when Sheik has Tope chasing which should almost always be death.

EDIT:

Maria: I'm sure it's going to probably be brutal but no one will try against my Kirby so I'm kinda looking forward to it anyway. It'll at very least be hilarious.
And needles do what, 3-18%? That percent/projectile forces Falcon to get close to Sheik to make needles unsafe, which he should be doing anyway. At that point Sheik doesn't have stage control and is probably looking for that gimp, but Falcon can bait out reactions pretty well at this point and come in hard with Bair(cutting off lots of stage and spacing pretty well to avoid CC punishes). It's a pretty interesting game at that point, but yeah needles don't force Falcon to fly in with Nair or anything lol.

Also, if Sheik DIs Falcon's combos away then she's offstage, which is super fun time bros. Bairs **** Sheik offstage, and you just grab the edge after that and then you get to knee/stomp to knee sheik until she gets tired of trying to use that stock.

*CT*

Smash Lord
No one takes my money, I gives it to people :O....wait I think that's the same concept x.x stupid quiz is ****ing up my mind.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
kevin, are you seriously trying to use logic to prove that the Sheik/Falcon match up isn't 70:30?????

why the hell would u want to do that......

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Yay you never take my free money either so boosha on you.
fine sir I COULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING
Lmfao the ol boosha

Yay let's do that finals set we talked about but as a MM instead.

You know the one.
But... there are two. The one with ?s or the one with

kevin, are you seriously trying to use logic to prove that the Sheik/Falcon match up isn't 70:30?????

why the hell would u want to do that......
Then what will Falcon mains john about? :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You were the one salty about it lol, I just wanna MM people with my Marth and, more importantly, be obnoxiously mysterious in tournament. =p

Speaking of which, people need to MM my Marth.

Top Bottom