• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I just read josh's and chris's replies in their voices

DAMN i miss nc
then hitch a ride back.

but keep a kilt or two.

those things are sexy timeeeee

:ganondorf:
Hitch a ride back on a sheep whilst wearing a kilt.

LMAO just imagined Theo wearing the Braveheart blue war paint.

"YOU MAY TAKE MY STOCKS, BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE....

MY DEEEEEEEEEEEJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol... Idgaf if someone sd's, its like dj says, no one sds when i don't di a marth fthrow at zero and die, it seems pretty arbitrary to give an advantage to spacies since thats the price they pay for being such precise characters....

Also lol at that umbreon post... you would like that pp hahaha... what a ****ing idiot... play the game, you have to want it, when you lose, understand why you are losing.... Damn i never thought of it like that...

What amazing smash-specific things that you definitely could NOT imagine some stupid self help seminar douchebag doing... with a ****ing 5000 dollar suit, wearing a goddamn bluetooth, while he pacing back and forth on the stage while making eye contact and speaking loudly at his key points cuz thats what he ****ing learned in his public speaking class

And i love the part about bad players... just like gazelles to the amazing lion that umbreon is

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya, you're so right man... Actually it turns out im not going to ncsu, because i recently retired from this game, because i hate the community... but ggs man, you're too good... with umbreon's knowledge and your gift for writing (that mango post was... AMAZING), you guys should write a novel and make millions

Mahone

Smash Champion
I've started to study the vids, I'll be done by Saturday, enjoy it while it lasts... and stop talking to me like that...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LMFAO

mahone you better win this tournament or you'll never hear the end of how puff carries you and you're a big mean person who is not even going to be nice one time at this tournament

oh yeah I would have finished or put punctuation in that sentence or this one but I got bored loling

<3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
An interesting idea.....but from when? Josh has improved a good deal over the past while but Chris seems to have made big strides very recently. I suppose it's all opinion haha.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
looooool i'm not even good i just got lucky.

i'd say i finally got back to the level i was at around pound 5. just talking to kevin made me realize the things i'm missing are the little things. veeeeery little things. things that paying attention is able to fix.

and lucky.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
It's weird to explain but I think we've both improved, but in different ways.

I think Chris has improved at Melee more linearly (large development with his main, smaller development of secondaries) a great deal in the past few months, no denying that. He still lacks a great deal of experience vs non-fast fallers (ex: Alex Floofnfisheye kinda educated him with Peach in bracket) but that's just relative to his overall amount of time playing. His attitude towards the game is top notch and I think it's helped improve at a very fast rate.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I felt that way after watching Chris play all during the day before we ever met in bracket. His Ganon was looking REALLY smooth and on point almost every match I saw.

My last few months have involved a lot of work on my Falco (impossible for me to judge objectively, but I feel a lot more consistent/fast/aware) but I've also put in a lot of work on my secondaries and tertiaries in hopes of helping me think and understand the game more laterally. I feel like in that way, I've made a huge improvement overall that has benefitted me a lot in terms of my defensive game (DI'ing combos and recovery), my movement and the way I try to combo. Playing Twitch last weekend gave me a strong confirmation it's really helped.

Honestly, I thought I was seeing the ceiling on types of improvement for a bit but watching Mango's Fox vs Taj again a few days ago really inspired me to keep trying to innovate stylistically and really outsmart/outplay people in new/different ways. I am however super glad I lost to Esam and Chris for the big ego and reality check that day provided. When I played with Austin last night, I felt super hungry to be play perfect all over again.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Swallowed my ego 2 weeks ago and said screw the haters idc if anyone thinks I'm the best or not and I want to **** everyone.

My play instantly became better because I got hungry to play the game and beat everyone just like I used to.

Basically being humbled and gettin hungry is too goodz

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
given the way my ganon looked at G6:4, i guess that's what happened. i was just super bad that tourney lol.

my secondaries are still really bad. i'm still fundamentally embarassed to play fox, falcon, or marth vs anyone who sincerely understands how to fight those guys. especially fox. that guy feels impossible to play at a high level lol.

i'm just bad.

but i'm getting better at seeing the little things. and fortunately, thats all ganon needs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Don't stress about your secondaries too much unless you really wanna improve with one of them at a time or you hit a wall with Ganon. Let them improve as you do as a player and it'll come together when it's time. =)

Fox is hard fo dang sho....almost makes one forget what he can be like XD

That last line is all anyone needs. =p

Top Bottom