• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
shut da hell up DJ.

in other news, what do ppl think will happen on these next ranking?

will yay get sent back to SC?
will they retitle it 'the carolina power rankings?'
if they do, will moTT suddenly have good reason to play this game?
will ali have good enoug data to make it?
will there be a tie in second between lozr and yay?

find out next time on shut da hell up DJ.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
HAY TWITCHY BOY, HOW YA LIKE MY CHAINGRABS?!?!?!?

they sucked. i shouldve beaten your sheik every match. :(
they sucked. :(

it doesn't matter what you do as marth as long as you do it correctly. you can use every move he has at the wrong time and be a ****ty marth. or you can only fsmash at the correct timing for the correct opportunity and be a good marth. its not what you use its when u use it and why you use it.
azen status. :bee:

they might just use these past two tourneys because the tournament last weekend had such good data.

@chris: i think he's calling you a ***.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I think he is too. I figured we were past that.

and yeah I'd say the last two could be enough. But it's their call.

edit:whether you just tped asterisks or the words, obvious intention is obvious. I don't approve.

****ing ******.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
didn't you see what happened to the other brocator thread? That's just the one thing I'm not really cool with.

primarily since I'm not bitter, I'm just honest.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
hey I was just putting the word out about a lil sc tournament going down Aug. 14th. It'd be quite awwsome if yall could come out.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Marth losing onstage to Falco. For shame, sir. (it's close to call so I don't actually care, but saying Marth struggles with Falco onstage is something I find silly. They're pretty mean to each other as far as approaches and counters go, Marth more to Falco in my mind).

pre-emptive f*ck you Yay and Kadaj.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Lol Marth losing onstage to Falco. For shame, sir. (it's close to call so I don't actually care, but saying Marth struggles with Falco onstage is something I find silly. They're pretty mean to each other as far as approaches and counters go, Marth more to Falco in my mind).

pre-emptive f*ck you Yay and Kadaj.
your obviously better and would know more but i always assumed that falco was the best on-stage character in this game

and if marth can just get that ****in bird to slow the eff down... then its easy...

lazors hurt

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
your obviously better and would know more but i always assumed that falco was the best on-stage character in this game

and if marth can just get that ****in bird to slow the eff down... then its easy...

lazors hurt
lololololololol

I love when m@ says things about characters that arent marth.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

lazors hurt
Fox dawg.

Anyway, Marth can slow Falco down well. Fair OOS on SHL approaches at Marth's shieldgrab spacing and closer tend to ****. WD OOS backwards to Fsmash ***** too(especially if Falco tries to Dair or shine and then they DI down lol ****). Then you have that obvious counter stuff that still *****, and lightshielding actually counters his approaches pretty well too(can also Fair/WD out of it too obviously).

Dash attack/dash canceled Dtilt catches Falco if he starts shooting highish/medium lasers at all, and you can **** him hard off of them. Oh yeah, and Fsmash when Falco SHLs sometimes. Fsmash trading with laser? Pretty good.

Finally, I saw this M2K strategy that slowed me down. FH towards Falco, and then float backwards. Falco is too slow to run in and be tricky, and the Fair covers Marth's front amazingly well the whole way down, discouraging approaches. If you get lasered then you can immediately Fair afterward. Now then, once Falco quits challenging this you can start falling towards him and cut off his stage control.....which ***** falco. When he can't SHL confidently or with much room then you get to **** him(especially when sitting in his shield). That strategy works best on like DL(you know since you could get CP'd there), but i wouldn't be surprised to see it work on other stages.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you can see, the panel has spoken. they want no theme PRs.

Sorry, boys.

Top Bottom