• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

null55

Smash Master
i don't think the gap is as wide as most people believe.

and you can do this :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. their matchups and abilities are oddly similar. i would primarily argue that marth is harder to combo. although his edgeguarding is simpler, technically its not particularly better than ganons, given the capabilities of his uair (though theres only one frame that covers the edge...it still exists). their recoveries are different, but ganon's in the end is probably better overall.

null55

Smash Master
i think they're both about as easy to combo, perhaps ganon only being slightly easier due to size...

but ganon, at least for falco, is easier to finish, since a lot of combos (mine at least) end in dair.

as for recoveries... idk. among the high tiers i think marth is the easiest (or at least should be) at edguarding (besides falcon), but ganon's upB is pretty bad too.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol there is no easy character. at every level of play, there's layers of mindgames and tricks. if there were actually an easy character people would just auto win by picking it.

i also think it's useless to deliberate the relative merits of moves outside of what they can do and how to deal with them

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Doesn't mean that people can't discuss it, anyway.

Can they discuss it, Garden? IS IT OKAY WITH YOU? Please, almighty Garden give them your tip of the hat so they can proceed with the conversation.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, okay.

If he's cool with it, you fools find a theme and I'll be on it like Peanut Butter on Jelly.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I'll definitely DRAW you a Marth the size of the Hulk just to piss you off.

And weilding a sword like Cloud's, but even longer.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
he's pretty gay but its like sheik, basically marth punishes you for ****in up, (unless your lower teir than him in which case he basically could **** you, but vs spacies and sheik notsomuch)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it doesn't matter what you do as marth as long as you do it correctly. you can use every move he has at the wrong time and be a ****ty marth. or you can only fsmash at the correct timing for the correct opportunity and be a good marth. its not what you use its when u use it and why you use it.

@ gard: learn sheiks chaingrab. after looking at all the characters he can chaingrab, thats the only one worth knowing. the spacies is insanely hard, and you're probably be better served just dthrow jab fairing them unless they tech the jab. then just dthrow fair. they will probably tech in place or not at all because they assume the jab is coming.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
it doesn't matter what you do as marth as long as you do it correctly. you can use every move he has at the wrong time and be a ****ty marth. or you can only fsmash at the correct timing for the correct opportunity and be a good marth. its not what you use its when u use it and why you use it.
Truer words have never been spoken.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Falcon is someone I can't control unless it's FZero GX.

Knee of the almighty.

null55

Smash Master
why yall talkin bout pics?

we need like 2-3 more tourneys before the update don't we?

Top Bottom