• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
The most notable things of the last few pages:

Twitch, teching MM? I've been practicing teching in place straight out of getting hit and immediately grabbing/shining etc before their moves are over. See me

David dancing around in a cow suit. Good god the joy I feel with this image.

Also, what is GBH?

lord karn

Smash Master
The most notable things of the last few pages:

Twitch, teching MM? I've been practicing teching in place straight out of getting hit and immediately grabbing/shining etc before their moves are over. See me

David dancing around in a cow suit. Good god the joy I feel with this image.

Also, what is GBH?
The hickory tournament.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
dunno. i'm being lazy. if i go, i'm just riding with koozy and jaurice, so i know i'm not getting you. it's up to koozy if he wants to pick you up. otherwise, someone further east may be willing to get you, idk.

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Yo looks like I finally settled down here, finish training next month so if anybody wants to play lemme know.

HOLLA

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* idk. he has a car, so if he's interested enough i'm sure he'll drive. I'll probably play with him thursday and contact him before that to see what he's gonna do if you all really care.

vZakat

Half Genie
I've seen the next level for my Roy to ascend to. Soon my Roy will be more Godly than ever before. And what a glorious day that shall be...

vZakat

Half Genie
How'd you pull that off vZakat?
Well it's a combination of several things. First was the realization that I play every character in every fighting game the same. Knowing this made me see how much better my roy could be if I applied my play style from my other characters, particularly my Nero. My nero is very aggressive and pressures a lot, especially with tick throws, despite being a zoning character. Roy being a zoning character (with his sword) and having a great grab game allows for him to be played in the same way.

While playing with Josh and friends yesterday, I notice just how much space I was giving my opponents. It was to the point where I was basically relinquishing control of the match to play my "defensive punish" style. I'm starting to combined my nero play style with some of the spacing/grab stuff that I saw your Roy doing to bring a new style that I thing will work overall better.

The hard thing about this new style is having to know my spacing in a different way not to mention thinking about what safe options my opponent has to counter act my pressure. I know I can do it, I just new some time to learn this new stuff and get better at adapting to changes/mix ups in defense.

0Room

Smash Lord
1) Whenever you say Nero, I think

Him being in smash would be so broken.

2) That's why I think that playing other characters and especially other games, it really helps out your gameplay with your current character.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
vZakat, I think that's a great way to put a better balance on offense and defense, which is something I always highly recommend people strive for in their play. Lemme know how it goes dude. =)

vZakat

Half Genie
Sup Lucas. I didn't get to troll you with fsmash enough. Your zelda was looking pretty cute too. Also those matches from like 3 months ago are going up tomorrow. :awesome:

0Room

Smash Lord
The problem I have with Rushdown in this game is that it's completely different from other fighters, just like the entirety is different.
Rushdown doesn't really work perfectly like they do in other games.

But that's more of a mindset rather than an actual moveset I guess.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Rushdown =/= mindlessly attacking, for the record.

It's all about knowing all the situations, forcing the small advantages and reacting better than your opponent (you should considering you forced the situation). Give them room to breathe and they can catch up. Be faster (literally and mentally) than they are and you will flatten them.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well to be honest playing SSFIVAE has given me a good idea of mixups and the mindset of setups and punishes.
So that's good. Looking to play some people soon, but only when everyone has time.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i rushdown with ganon a lot. shield pressure with that guy is lol.

if you wanna see falcon rushdown watch...idk. maybe mike would be considered rushdown after he gets a grab?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Falcon when he gets a grab is dependent on the character. He's not a crazy rushrown char. If he doesn't have a free throw->Knee combo, his style is closer to a series of option selects. Like, they're all escapable but its a guessing game of what's gonna happen. Falcon flows like Defense -> punish -> option select -> damage.

It's basically like Marisa throwing a puffball at a character in the corner in touhou. Yeah, you can graze out but she can react to your decision and punish you out of a seemily escapable pressure situation. straight forward graze? 6Djb/a to knock you out of your graze or witch leyline gimmicks. High jump graze? She can do her dashing overhead broom swing to counterhit you out of your highjump. and from there, she can just j.B loop you for like a 4th of your health.

Sup, btw.

Top Bottom