• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well I wonder how long you would be able to sustain 1st place. I think the need to increase your skill level would skyrocket x10 folds because just how long other players are going to be able to endure losing all the time? You'd bet these people will find solutions rather a lot quicker than normal. Unless most people give up and then you are left alone, now that would suck major balls. lol.

Let's put ourselves in this situation instead, you HAVE to participate in a tournament everyday with whatever you have left in your own bank. If at some point you have 0$.. you will die. Just how long are people going to stay scrubby? They CAN'T! Because there is no longer the luxury of tomorrow.. it's now or never. What happens to the quality of the mind when this happens? I'd bet 1 million dollars the level of people at a kind of tournament like this would increase like never before... They have to be good NOW, or else it's over. They WILL find solutions because their minds has to.

This is how ninjas do it, they train everyday with everything they have because they HAVE to complete their assignments or else get punished.
LOL I was talking about within this state for tournament hosting =p I will obviously have to clock in continuously to stay ahead of my worldwide competition.

Oh yeah I don't deny that but you can expect a lot less honor in play then. =p Planking and such would certainly start happening more, along with shady activity like bribing people to mess up their opponents and such. Survival instincts are intense lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL I was talking about within this state for tournament hosting =p I will obviously have to clock in continuously to stay ahead of my worldwide competition.

Oh yeah I don't deny that but you can expect a lot less honor in play then. =p Planking and such would certainly start happening more, along with shady activity like bribing people to mess up their opponents and such. Survival instincts are intense lol.
Ok then continue to steal monies. =P

yea because i would definitely hire gofg to break pps thumb LOL
OMG LOL.

DJRome

Smash Hero
just saw this on facebook:

Sanketh Sukesh
I've decided, I've gone gay for Craig Kadaj Church's Marth. I just can't beat him!
April 9 at 11:07am · Like ·

Craig Kadaj Church Man I suck lol you can definitely beat me
April 10 at 2:44am · Like

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
If I host a tournament in or around the Jacksonville/willmington area what can the expect turnout be?

I am getting a decent house with no furniture = perfect venue for smash. just have to get some tables and I know i can get ya'll to bring some set ups like the good ol days.

Lemme know!

HOLLA

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
just saw this on facebook:

Sanketh Sukesh
I've decided, I've gone gay for Craig Kadaj Church's Marth. I just can't beat him!
April 9 at 11:07am · Like ·

Craig Kadaj Church Man I suck lol you can definitely beat me
April 10 at 2:44am · Like
LMAO good stuff cleg

If I host a tournament in or around the Jacksonville/willmington area what can the expect turnout be?

I am getting a decent house with no furniture = perfect venue for smash. just have to get some tables and I know i can get ya'll to bring some set ups like the good ol days.

Lemme know!

HOLLA
Guhhhh so far. Maybe I'd go.....I dunno. I might have to ride with someone at that point.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it is a melee tournament that kevin nor adam will be at. anyone can win! idt yays going either so...i mean...if u want money for playing video games this weekend... :awesome:

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
i've been using him alot lately. he's like my most-used high tier. i do really creative stuff sometimes. i even did this Dark Hart combo remix where i did a uthrow to one of my friends(Falco) -> nair but instead of a regrab i did a hard dash to SHFFL Uair -> utilt -> shffl uair -> double jump forward b to catch him out of his double jump. i tried to do soft first-hit forward bs to drag him to the ground and then do a reverse up b for the kill

but i dropped it. >:[

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I wish I tried to kill with up-B more. It's pretty powerful and I go for setups that do more damage but don't kill all of the time.....

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
also, maybe it's because i was playing against my scrubby friends

but my powershielding is getting back to where it used to be.

still hard to time for ice climbers though.

powershield counters are super-fun.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo.. I haven't had enough tries vs PP's Marth.. I need to try again, it was BS! lol.
HAHAHA yo Kage I'm down to do more gay Marth S to you. =) Hopefully I'll be at Genesis and you can have all the tries you want then. Ganon is maaaad fun to combo for Marth lol.

exactly :c there are no options.
ugh I wanna play you kevin. and that never happens, ever, so maybe you should reconsider that PA trip and get over here
Hmmm well I mean we could play at that UNCC thing if you can make it to that, or G6......I don't know I don't have a lot of money so I can't go many places before then atm. I'd like to play you too though. =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Good to know. You were way too rusty or something at RoM3 so I'm glad you're training hard again.

MM my Marth? I'll take a best of some silly high number of games if you want.

Top Bottom