• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

MacD

Banned via Administration
the only two problems for me are

1. i just kinda do stuff and it works and no one knows why so my peach flow chart would be like

dsmash > dsmash > dsmash > niar > edge guard

Dash attack > dash attack > dash attack > nair > edge guard

2. melee is like super duper in the moment reacting off situations and spacings and stuff, and vary a lot by match ups

a real flow chat would be too ridiculous to handle, maybe that's why pp doesn't even know where to start. falco is easy though

GO > sh laser > stuff

lololol

but seriously, he probably has the same.... orrrr he can post as i'm typing this

bascially what he said, gotta give us more detail besides i want a flowchart

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ummm I'll just wing it lmao and if it gets too complicated then.....I'll have to simplify it in some way?

Do I separate this for every stage or what?

What do I do for matchups like Puff which will invariably be handled differently from the ditto?

Man I should just go study that other flowchart and go back to my wingin it idea lol.

MacD

that is the reason a flowchart is so hard in melee

different characters can utilize different strats against different characters on different stages

unless he just wants something like a thought process flow chart or something

GO > be super aggresive and kick their *** > is it sheik/ganon? > yes > you lose

MacD

oh right

i'm supposed to ignore everyone from NC except snap and pp

my bad, i forgot

oh and don't ignore ocean either.... *tickles* =D

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i'm currently anchored in south river
can't get me here macdutch

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ganon flow chart.

fair. if it hits, fair again. if it misses, fair again. if you're not fairing, you should be fairing. if you're getting hit, fair.

:ganondorf:

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
most of the flowcharts in that thread were humourous or satirical

or attempts at being that.

even I posted one lol

@0room yeah, IaMP is pretty crazy
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=s5QC1e57c8Y
that's bellreisa's alice

I've played against Mauve. he designed the netcode for iamp and he decimated me. Bell is pretty much the justin wong of IaMP
lol dude yours was amazing.

0Room

Smash Lord
In all honesty it really is super complicated to do a flowchart for melee.
Things would have to have categories according to DI, stages, and Percents to really encompass everything :/

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I did offer that MacD. =)

It's not technically cleared but you're not technically paid to come here yet but it'll work out probably lol.

MacD

haha well that sounds reassuring

but first i need to get a summer job, but if i get a summer job i can't go out probably cause i won't be able to take lots of time off

so many problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

also the macsauce is a thing mango started

there is more too it.... but yea

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think I've fought about that idea a few times.

Maybe it'll work better on a community level but for the purpose of NC PRs I think we're fine.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
"At UNCC, we're going to be setting up a Brawl/Melee tourney in May. Which Saturday (besides the 14th, that's G6 3) would be the most preferred to you guys?"

Just posting what I said in the Brawl PR here.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Eh I personally don't mind and I think more tourneys means we'll be more active, but people like to argue about it saying no one will go.....so laziness indirectly wins lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Tournaments everyday would be my dream world.

Edit: Hell, do you know how easily you would be able to sustain yourself if you win all the time? lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL but other people wouldn't be able to sustain that XD

It's funny trying to bring up the idea of having more tourneys for activity and motivation purposes when I always get yelled at for wanting more money when I do it lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL but other people wouldn't be able to sustain that XD

It's funny trying to bring up the idea of having more tourneys for activity and motivation purposes when I always get yelled at for wanting more money when I do it lol.
Well I wonder how long you would be able to sustain 1st place. I think the need to increase your skill level would skyrocket x10 folds because just how long other players are going to be able to endure losing all the time? You'd bet these people will find solutions rather a lot quicker than normal. Unless most people give up and then you are left alone, now that would suck major balls. lol.

Let's put ourselves in this situation instead, you HAVE to participate in a tournament everyday with whatever you have left in your own bank. If at some point you have 0$.. you will die. Just how long are people going to stay scrubby? They CAN'T! Because there is no longer the luxury of tomorrow.. it's now or never. What happens to the quality of the mind when this happens? I'd bet 1 million dollars the level of people at a kind of tournament like this would increase like never before... They have to be good NOW, or else it's over. They WILL find solutions because their minds has to.

This is how ninjas do it, they train everyday with everything they have because they HAVE to complete their assignments or else get punished.

Top Bottom