• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry I was trying to respond to everything quickly. I expected the flood to keep coming LOL. <3 sneak

@Ace: Yeah I feel you. I'd prefer to have much more NC-only tourneys but we can't deny that OOS is coming to most of ours unless we start hosting more non-G6 things so that has to be a big part of our procedure for now unfortunately.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
maybe we can have tournaments specifically for rankings or maybe even round robins for rankings data or something like that especially for the smaller tournaments

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
See, I have been thinking about hosting again. With the full venue, or maybe a different one.
I just really hate hosting tournaments for NC.

I can provide a venue, etc... IF someone wants to host FOR me. I will front the money and everything.
But I am NOT busting my *** for NC ever again looool <3
Take that as you will.

Except for the brawl community.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
What do you guys need me to do

*Takes sunglasses off*
Makes sure matches get played asap and disqualify who doesn't listen or who is playing friendlies when they shouldn't and seriously disqualify them if they don't listen so we have enough time to do othings like pools or round robins or something like that

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
@Ace: Yeah I feel you. I'd prefer to have much more NC-only tourneys but we can't deny that OOS is coming to most of ours unless we start hosting more non-G6 things so that has to be a big part of our procedure for now unfortunately.
I don't see why you should prefer NC-only tourneys over tourneys that include people from OOS. The smash scene isn't supposed to molded to make it easy for the PR panelists; the panelists are supposed to be knowledgeable enough (familiar with not only our scene but other scenes within our region, as well as VA's scenes... again, this is where having more panelists helps) and unbiased enough to decide how much certain wins and losses to players from OOS are. There is nothing unfortunate about G6 being a big portion of the procedure to me. Snap stepping up is great. The fact that OOS players are willing to come to those events is effin awesome. I'm sure other people will step up soon as well, but in the meantime we should be thankful for what we have.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Makes sure matches get played asap and disqualify who doesn't listen or who is playing friendlies when they shouldn't and seriously disqualify them if they don't listen so we have enough time to do othings like pools or round robins or something like that
Pools are confirmed for G6 3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't see why you should prefer NC-only tourneys over tourneys that include people from OOS. The smash scene isn't supposed to molded to make it easy for the PR panelists; the panelists are supposed to be knowledgeable enough (familiar with not only our scene but other scenes within our region, as well as VA's scenes... again, this is where having more panelists helps) and unbiased enough to decide how much certain wins and losses to players from OOS are. There is nothing unfortunate about G6 being a big portion of the procedure to me. Snap stepping up is great. The fact that OOS players are willing to come to those events is effin awesome. I'm sure other people will step up soon as well, but in the meantime we should be thankful for what we have.
<.<

Okay yes those things are great but then don't complain when we have a lot of OOS and somewhat inui logic'ing to do. The panel is just working with what we have. It's unfortunate because it makes people unhappy and think we're not doing our job but I like having OOS at our tournaments obviously lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
<.<

Okay yes those things are great but then don't complain when we have a lot of OOS and somewhat inui logic'ing to do. The panel is just working with what we have. It's unfortunate because it makes people unhappy and think we're not doing our job but I like having OOS at our tournaments obviously lol.
You don't need the inui logic, that's my point. It's good that you have 3 panelists now, but I think you could use 4. Panelists should decide how important a win vs someone from OOS is, for reasons I listed in my previous post. There is too much gray area when I see something like, josh beat theo when theo was sick but theo beat adam when adam hadn't slept in 68 hours... So josh's win over theo is OMG HUGE. A win is a win, but when you carry it over to include who the next person beat it get's ******** imo.

lord karn

Smash Master
You don't need the inui logic, that's my point. It's good that you have 3 panelists now, but I think you could use 4. Panelists should decide how important a win vs someone from OOS is, for reasons I listed in my previous post. There is too much gray area when I see something like, josh beat theo when theo was sick but theo beat adam when adam hadn't slept in 68 hours... So josh's win over theo is OMG HUGE. A win is a win, but when you carry it over to include who the next person beat it get's ******** imo.
Wait. . . you just used Inui logic. @__@ Judging how important a certain win is because of who they beat or lost to is Inui logic. Bad Inui logic is saying A > C becasue A > D and D > C while ignoring that C > A. Just gotta think about all results.

And Theo didn't beat Adam this period.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol Alex, I didn't use Inui logic. I made fun of your use of it, AGAIN.

And are you just trolling? because if so, you're a damn good troll, but just in case: OF COURSE THEO DIDN'T BEAT ADAM THIS PERIOD. I WAS PROVIDING AN EXAMPLE WTF a;lfjafjaf

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
did kevin basically just say that the only reason sneaks on the panel, was to bring diversity among race? lmao

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
characters are more important than set count in my opinion, so I would start looking at that first.

0Room

Smash Lord
So as a quick summary

We now have 3 panelists
$5+mm can now [maybe] count as a tournament match
Inui logic is bad

Anything else

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
characters are more important than set count in my opinion, so I would start looking at that first.
characters are never important
ever

go back to cooking ocean
i will ejaculate in your food
can't wait :grin:
DF;WQORWARIPWJFKL;WEURKL;P

GOD DAMMIT MCCAIN
love you too ocean!!!!!!
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
i have no words
jesus ****

f
macdaddy <3
oh boy
hnpy8usphnuid;;di;rdoonjup9iidoz;jngifpgujipgsodojgofjkpspuiojhrndojnhgrsiupeojgu9posj9pug9ojfoijkps\

OH MY ****ING GOD

I CAN'T BREATHE

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I think chars should definitely matter to a certain extent. Beating Yays link shouldn't count as much as beating Yays fox. You can kinda compare that to ali beating cyrains sheik as opposed to his fox

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
don't you mean shouldn't count?

cause i do plan on taking a few mm's with my fox, and i might even challenge some people with my falcon lol. but i don't really want that to work against my ganon's tournament deal.

i just want my secondaries to make me a little cash lol.

Top Bottom