• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You don't need the inui logic, that's my point. It's good that you have 3 panelists now, but I think you could use 4. Panelists should decide how important a win vs someone from OOS is, for reasons I listed in my previous post. There is too much gray area when I see something like, josh beat theo when theo was sick but theo beat adam when adam hadn't slept in 68 hours... So josh's win over theo is OMG HUGE. A win is a win, but when you carry it over to include who the next person beat it get's ******** imo.
Okay we'll talk about it.

And stuff happens and good people lose. Objectively we have to consider it as any normal loss and adjust any other data accordingly.

we don't currently consider 2-1 any worse than 2-0. I guess that's something up for discussion, though
I brought this up months ago I think and you were like nah dawg same thing. I think it makes interpreting data pretty hard now though, so I'm cool with just who beat who and not specifics.

characters are more important than set count in my opinion, so I would start looking at that first.
how in the world does that help? the panel is then gonna have to debate matchups an player experience with a given character to make calls on wins, which adds more subjectivity to the process. maybe we can make exceptions for MMs though because people want to learn with them or something. I'm not sure what to think about that one...

i will ejaculate in your food
can't wait :grin:
DF;WQORWARIPWJFKL;WEURKL;P

GOD DAMMIT MCCAIN
love you too ocean!!!!!!
needed to be quoted again LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

beating yays young link
in tournament
counts 100%
no johns
it's so gud

I beat it with mah peach <3

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
:-\ well if beating my fox is = to beating my ganon then...

dark hart, i may have to call our MM off. i don't wanna jeopardize my chance of being PR'd....

LOL jk i'ma ****.

edit: btw i lost to jesiah, yay, sneak, and jflo this round. le sigh. maybe i'll have better bracket luck this time around. jflo needs to come to stuff and get ranked.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i'd **** theo if he went marth. and i'd threaten to steal his conditioner if he went sheik. and then he'd go marth.

cam would still **** me in tourney.

i wonder how cyrain deals with ganon...i've never played that guy.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i definitely know he's good. i remember that one VA tourney me sneak and matt went to, he ***** in teams (thats the only time i have played him), and he did place rather high at pound.

hot **** i need to go to sleep...

DJRome

Smash Hero
you guys also are bad about set counts as in if i play someone 3 times and i win 2 of the 3 sets, it counts the same as if i win 3 of 3, which i think is stupid

lord karn

Smash Master
Well, for mm's it doesn't seem right to count a mm if it had any kind of limitation on characters, because then it makes it not like tournament. Like, if you challenge someone with your fox, and you lose, that doesn't say much about tournament because in tourney you would have the option of going ganon. I don't think we should count mm's unless they are open ended.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
so I'm slightly excited for Saturday.
Did some cleaning yesterday.
Gonna do some more tomorrow
and I may be buying a variety of beverages, not that it matters for any of you fine gentlemen.

ummmmmm
bring setups
and good vibes
yeah

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I am hyped for saturday, assuming my parents won't force me to go down to the boat.

vZakat

Half Genie
Wait so you're having a smashfest at your place saturday? I was gonna play AH3 at ncsu on saturday. Now I don't know what I want to do. :(

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
fffffffffffff

I've never played Arcana Heart 3!

sat's off. going to state.

in all seriousness, someone bring keith too if he can come.

and goddamnit, now i want to watch whatever the pony show is that everyone's hyping up.

vZakat

Half Genie
We could just play AH3 on my computer since you have a usb controller. Although I don't think you'd be as good of competition as the people playing at state.

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW MLP IS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
to be fair, it'd make alot more sense for the Word to be law if God had actually written the Bible.

either way, religious debates aren't welcome here and that's exactly what this would turn into.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
doesnt have to. people could just comment on what they read.

you cant possibly say something negative about this. even if u are atheist, this is still a very early human discovery, which is astounding.

vZakat

Half Genie
The bible was written by man but is God inspired and God breathed. I don't feel like getting into the whole spiritual aspect of that but if you're looking at it just in a nature way you won't understand at all. "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." I Cor 2:14.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The bible was written by man but is God inspired and God breathed. I don't feel like getting into the whole spiritual aspect of that but if you're looking at it just in a nature way you won't understand at all. "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." I Cor 2:14.
makes perfect sense

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Top Bottom